Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Butter sauce for lobster tails/lobster

George Orwell wrote:

> This isn't really much of a sauce it's so simple. Do your
> lobster by whatever method. Tails can be done by giving it/them
> a good simmer in water flavored with bay leaf and lemon. Or
> in the oven. Anyway when done, take a chunk, dip in clarified
> butter and then spear on your fork a chunk of your favorite
> cheese.

A stuffing of lobster tails is not all that unusual but more commonly it
is doen with a mushroom stuffing, that includes the creamy parts and
coral of the lobster and is well worth the effort if using a live
lobster, get a bit of truffle in there is you can

But even a bread stuffing flavored with garlic and scallions is nice
with the frozen lobster tails we occasionaly get on sale around here.

Probly my favorte way of preparieng live whole lobster is a la broche,
where it is spit roasted and constantly basted in butter and champagne.

With a suitable dripping pan underneith to catch & hold the basting
liquid which is then turned into a sauce for the lobster.
--
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 26, 2:19*pm, JL > wrote:
> George Orwell wrote:
> > This isn't really much of a sauce it's so simple. *Do your
> > lobster by whatever method. *Tails can be done by giving it/them
> > a good simmer in water flavored with bay leaf and lemon. *Or
> > in the oven. *Anyway when done, take a chunk, dip in clarified
> > butter and then spear on your fork a chunk of your favorite
> > cheese.

> A stuffing of lobster tails is not all that unusual but more commonly it
> is doen with a mushroom stuffing, that includes the creamy parts and
> coral of the lobster and is well worth the effort if using a live
> lobster, *get a bit of truffle in there is you can
>
> But even a bread stuffing flavored with garlic and scallions is nice
> with the frozen lobster tails we occasionaly get on sale around here.
>
> Probly my favorte way of preparieng live whole lobster is a la broche,
> where it is spit roasted and constantly basted in butter and champagne.
>
> With a suitable dripping pan underneith to catch & hold the basting
> liquid which is then turned into a sauce for the lobster.
> --
> JL

Oh, my gosh that a la broche sounds good JL. Looooooove lobster, any
way I've ever had it.
Last weekend, Fathers Day, Acme had fresh uncooked lobsters for $
5.99/lb. We scored 4 of em and feasted. Our son was here and DH gave
him the 3+ pounder, and I showed him how to get every last bit out of
all of it. He was in heaven. Said he'd never had one that big. We
had, in Nova Scotia, one year on vacation.
Pure heaven!!!!! Acme did that last year at Fathers Day too. Hope
next year is as good. Nan in DE

Butter sauce for lobster tails/lobster John Kuthe[_2_] General Cooking 38 02-07-2010 04:37 AM
Lobster Tails cybercat General Cooking 36 17-07-2007 02:44 AM
Grilled Lobster Tails 7 Hawks Recipes 0 01-07-2005 06:02 PM
I want to try Lobster tails Kurt Barbecue 11 12-12-2004 12:30 AM
Lobster Tails Thermidor 7 Hawks Recipes 0 27-10-2004 02:11 PM