Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RECIPE: Salsa Diaboligue

On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:
> Salsa Diaboligue
> ----------------
> Yield: 2 Cups
> 6 (3 pounds) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarse
> 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped red and yellow onions
> 2 shallots, chopped
> 1 3 1/2-ounce can pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
> 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or ground coriander
> 1 teaspoon ground cumin
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
> 1 ounce bull shot mix (see Note)
> NOTE: A bull shot is 4 ounces beef consumme' plus 1 1/2 ounces
> vodka.

I disagree. Its 1:1

> Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand at least 1
> hour to allow all ingredients to blend. Serve with tortilla
> chips.
> Enjoy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:
>> Salsa Diaboligue
>> ----------------
>> Yield: 2 Cups
>> 6 (3 pounds) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarse
>> 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped red and yellow onions
>> 2 shallots, chopped
>> 1 3 1/2-ounce can pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
>> 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or ground coriander
>> 1 teaspoon ground cumin
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
>> 1 ounce bull shot mix (see Note)
>> NOTE: A bull shot is 4 ounces beef consumme' plus 1 1/2 ounces
>> vodka.

1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.

>I disagree. Its 1:1
>
>> Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand at least 1
>> hour to allow all ingredients to blend.

There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
large bowl is full.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:
>> Salsa Diaboligue
>> ----------------
>> Yield: 2 Cups
>> 6 (3 pounds) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarse
>> 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped red and yellow onions
>> 2 shallots, chopped
>> 1 3 1/2-ounce can pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
>> 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or ground coriander
>> 1 teaspoon ground cumin
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
>> 1 ounce bull shot mix (see Note)
>> NOTE: A bull shot is 4 ounces beef consumme' plus 1 1/2 ounces
>> vodka.

>I disagree. Its 1:1
>
>> Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand at least 1
>> hour to allow all ingredients to blend. Serve with tortilla
>> chips.
>> Enjoy!

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:29:33 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:
>>> Salsa Diaboligue
>>> ----------------
>>> Yield: 2 Cups
>>> 6 (3 pounds) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarse
>>> 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped red and yellow onions
>>> 2 shallots, chopped
>>> 1 3 1/2-ounce can pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
>>> 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or ground coriander
>>> 1 teaspoon ground cumin
>>> 1 teaspoon salt
>>> 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
>>> 1 ounce bull shot mix (see Note)
>>> NOTE: A bull shot is 4 ounces beef consumme' plus 1 1/2 ounces
>>> vodka.

>1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
>ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.
>
>>I disagree. Its 1:1
>>
>>> Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand at least 1
>>> hour to allow all ingredients to blend.

>There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>large bowl is full.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:29:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:
> >> Salsa Diaboligue
> >> ----------------
> >> Yield: 2 Cups
> >> 6 (3 pounds) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarse
> >> 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped red and yellow onions
> >> 2 shallots, chopped
> >> 1 3 1/2-ounce can pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
> >> 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or ground coriander
> >> 1 teaspoon ground cumin
> >> 1 teaspoon salt
> >> 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
> >> 1 ounce bull shot mix (see Note)
> >> NOTE: A bull shot is 4 ounces beef consumme' plus 1 1/2 ounces
> >> vodka.

> 1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
> ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.
> >I disagree. Its 1:1
> >
> >> Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand at least 1
> >> hour to allow all ingredients to blend.

> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
> large bowl is full.

You can't make salsa verde from red (rojo) tomatoes.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:07:23 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:29:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> 1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
>> ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.
>> >I disagree. Its 1:1

>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>> large bowl is full.
>>

>You can't make salsa verde from red (rojo) tomatoes.
>>

>--Bryan

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:07:23 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:29:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>> large bowl is full.
>>

>You can't make salsa verde from red (rojo) tomatoes.

Sheldon doesn't know what colour red tomatoes are.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:16:32 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:07:23 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:29:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

>>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>>> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>>> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>>> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>>> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>>> large bowl is full.
>>>

>>You can't make salsa verde from red (rojo) tomatoes.

>Sheldon doesn't know what colour red tomatoes are.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:29:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> 1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
>> ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.
>>> I disagree. Its 1:1

>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>> large bowl is full.
>>

> You can't make salsa verde from red (rojo) tomatoes.
>>

> --Bryan

Sure he can. Popeye just gives it a generous squirt of green food
coloring plus a generous amount of spinach and crystal palace.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:55:29 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:29:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>>> 1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
>>> ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.

>>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>>> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>>> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>>> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>>> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>>> large bowl is full.
>>>

>> You can't make salsa verde from red (rojo) tomatoes.
>>>

>> --Bryan
>>

>Sure he can. Popeye just gives it a generous squirt of green food
>coloring plus a generous amount of spinach and crystal palace.

Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Speaking of pearly white, that there is the most pearly white
Mexican salsa recipe I've ever seen. Here I'll fix it....

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

Oh, Its Bow Wowser...

>>On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:

Trolling with a post from 1992. On second thought, maybe not.
Easier justy to call this inbred poser harlon directly seeing as how
he included his phone number - set him straight after all these
years.

Oh, he's in Wacko, TX! of course - He's a "harlon". Or he used to
be. Nice going Bow Wowser - You picked a guy that died a couple
months ago. You had 30 years... <sheesh>.

Now we have to bow our heads for a Moment of Silence for another
fallen RFC old timer. Class of 1992-1994, at least - before most of
us arrived here. Maybe even beat me by a couple months. I sure wish
Google didn't rip out all the headers. *******s.

https://www.cliftonfh.com/obituary/HarlonDon-Whitley

OK, so he was probably a flatbed cookbook scanner/pirate/poster
seeing as how that "Q" got changed to a "G" in the title. Al the
recipes came from printed books. Still worthy of RFC recognition.

His young widower answered the phone, 23 years his younger. Did I
know him well? Uhhhhh..... "Yes, I'm Sheldon Katz. We are old Navy
buddies that fell out of touch. I'm sorry I waited too long to
call....". You must be barabra, right? He spoke very fondling..ly,
uh, of you and even showed me some pictures. Wow!...."

I never knew you were such a slimey, but sweet taker, Shelly. Expect
a scented envelope with exclusive pictures in the mail in about a
weel. She's sure, "that's what he would have wanted her to do with
them." "Katz, eh? I bet you have a big ..". "Yes, I do have a big
nose, Ma'am".

But she likes that you're really small and short. And even more
excited when I told I was hairless from head to toe and as smooth
and soft as the week you were born. (Yeah, I kinda threw up in my
mouth right then).

But she was totally psyched - said something sexy-like about you
being able to go places where large men can't. And even my Ernie
twitched a little out of curiosity of that one. So make sure you
shave REALLY REALLY well before returning the favors. Or have your
wife photoshop them. And she even mentioned maybe the three of you
meeting sometime in the "FLESH" [emphasis there]. In the end, I
almost gave her my address (a mere hour away). But no, this was for
you Sheldon. You owe me one, Big Time!

I wonder John is asleep yet. I'll give it a couple more hours before
I call about that room for rent on Craigslist, [limp-wristed] "Duth
it have thuh original clay thile roof? they're THOOOOO thexy!! Can I
come right now?"

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 22:12:48 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Speaking of pearly white, that there is the most pearly white
>Mexican salsa recipe I've ever seen. Here I'll fix it....
>

>> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>Oh, Its Bow Wowser...
>
>>>On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:

>Trolling with a post from 1992. On second thought, maybe not.
>Easier justy to call this inbred poser harlon directly seeing as how
>he included his phone number - set him straight after all these
>years.
>
>Oh, he's in Wacko, TX! of course - He's a "harlon". Or he used to
>be. Nice going Bow Wowser - You picked a guy that died a couple
>months ago. You had 30 years... <sheesh>.
>
>Now we have to bow our heads for a Moment of Silence for another
>fallen RFC old timer. Class of 1992-1994, at least - before most of
>us arrived here. Maybe even beat me by a couple months. I sure wish
>Google didn't rip out all the headers. *******s.
>
>https://www.cliftonfh.com/obituary/HarlonDon-Whitley
>
>OK, so he was probably a flatbed cookbook scanner/pirate/poster
>seeing as how that "Q" got changed to a "G" in the title. Al the
>recipes came from printed books. Still worthy of RFC recognition.
>
>His young widower answered the phone, 23 years his younger. Did I
>know him well? Uhhhhh..... "Yes, I'm Sheldon Katz. We are old Navy
>buddies that fell out of touch. I'm sorry I waited too long to
>call....". You must be barabra, right? He spoke very fondling..ly,
>uh, of you and even showed me some pictures. Wow!...."
>
>I never knew you were such a slimey, but sweet taker, Shelly. Expect
>a scented envelope with exclusive pictures in the mail in about a
>weel. She's sure, "that's what he would have wanted her to do with
>them." "Katz, eh? I bet you have a big ..". "Yes, I do have a big
>nose, Ma'am".
>
>But she likes that you're really small and short. And even more
>excited when I told I was hairless from head to toe and as smooth
>and soft as the week you were born. (Yeah, I kinda threw up in my
>mouth right then).
>
>But she was totally psyched - said something sexy-like about you
>being able to go places where large men can't. And even my Ernie
>twitched a little out of curiosity of that one. So make sure you
>shave REALLY REALLY well before returning the favors. Or have your
>wife photoshop them. And she even mentioned maybe the three of you
>meeting sometime in the "FLESH" [emphasis there]. In the end, I
>almost gave her my address (a mere hour away). But no, this was for
>you Sheldon. You owe me one, Big Time!
>
>I wonder John is asleep yet. I'll give it a couple more hours before
>I call about that room for rent on Craigslist, [limp-wristed] "Duth
>it have thuh original clay thile roof? they're THOOOOO thexy!! Can I
>come right now?"
>
>-sw

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:07:23 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

>> 1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
>> ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.

Every who makes bloody mary's knows that V8 doesn't work AT ALL.
And if you were making a proper bloody mary (or cesar), everybody
also knows that the more vodka you add, the worse it tastes. All
bloody mary mix-off winners use 15% or less vodka in their recipes.
40% means you're just a stupid alcoholic Just chug that shit or
hook up to IV drip. You ain't fooling anyone.

I did a liter a night of that stuff for 7-8 years. With 50%
reconstituted concentrated Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiian Punch or Lemon
Blend syrups.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:29:33 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
> large bowl is full.

Adding to what Bryan said, that's gazpacho, not mexican salsa and
definitely not verde unless they're mostly green unripe tomatoes and
cooked down a bit. But tomatillos define salsa verde in Mexico.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 4:03:57 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:29:33 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
> > There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
> > garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
> > Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
> > small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
> > I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
> > large bowl is full.

> Adding to what Bryan said, that's gazpacho, not mexican salsa and
> definitely not verde unless they're mostly green unripe tomatoes and
> cooked down a bit. But tomatillos define salsa verde in Mexico.

Wowsa! I see a recipe for green tomato salsa verde.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 02:57:56 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:07:23 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>>> 1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
>>> ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.

>Every who makes bloody mary's knows that V8 doesn't work AT ALL.
>And if you were making a proper bloody mary (or cesar), everybody
>also knows that the more vodka you add, the worse it tastes. All
>bloody mary mix-off winners use 15% or less vodka in their recipes.
>40% means you're just a stupid alcoholic Just chug that shit or
>hook up to IV drip. You ain't fooling anyone.
>
>I did a liter a night of that stuff for 7-8 years. With 50%
>reconstituted concentrated Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiian Punch or Lemon
>Blend syrups.
>
>-sw

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 01:16:00 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 4:03:57 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:29:33 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>> > There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>> > garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>> > Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>> > small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>> > I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>> > large bowl is full.

>> Adding to what Bryan said, that's gazpacho, not mexican salsa and
>> definitely not verde unless they're mostly green unripe tomatoes and
>> cooked down a bit. But tomatillos define salsa verde in Mexico.

>Wowsa! I see a recipe for green tomato salsa verde.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 03:03:51 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:29:33 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
>> garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
>> Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
>> small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
>> I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
>> large bowl is full.

>Adding to what Bryan said, that's gazpacho, not mexican salsa and
>definitely not verde unless they're mostly green unripe tomatoes and
>cooked down a bit. But tomatillos define salsa verde in Mexico.
>
>-sw

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.

> from my garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.

Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

>Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
>have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
>
>> from my garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.

>Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:18:20 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

> >Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> >have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
> >
> >> from my garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.

> >Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
> uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
> mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
> diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
> shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
> juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
> help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
> garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
> wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
> never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
> sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
> fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
> fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
> licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
> anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
> growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
> probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
> arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

Ouzo is a liquorish form of liquor from Greece. It tasts OK. Not as extremely addictive as that cranberry juice and vodka combo, I tell ya !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:47:42 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:18:20 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> > >have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.

> > >Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.
> > >
> > >Cindy Hamilton

> > I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
> > uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
> > mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
> > diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
> > shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
> > juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
> > help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
> > garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
> > wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
> > never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
> > sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
> > fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
> > fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
> > licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
> > anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
> > growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
> > probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
> > arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

> Ouzo is a liquorish form of liquor from Greece. It tasts OK. Not as extremely addictive as that cranberry juice and vodka combo, I tell ya !!

Like a potato chip, no one can eat just one !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:49:15 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:47:42 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:18:20 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> > On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> > I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
>> > uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
>> > mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
>> > diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
>> > shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
>> > juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
>> > help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
>> > garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
>> > wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
>> > never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
>> > sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
>> > fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
>> > fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
>> > licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
>> > anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
>> > growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
>> > probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
>> > arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

>> Ouzo is a liquorish form of liquor from Greece. It tasts OK. Not as extremely addictive as that cranberry juice and vodka combo, I tell ya !!

>Like a potato chip, no one can eat just one !!

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:18:20 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
>>> have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.

>>> Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
>> uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
>> mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
>> diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
>> shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
>> juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
>> help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
>> garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
>> wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
>> never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
>> sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
>> fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
>> fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
>> licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
>> anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
>> growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
>> probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
>> arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

> Ouzo is a liquorish form of liquor from Greece. It tasts OK. Not as extremely addictive as that cranberry juice and vodka combo, I tell ya !!

But just as good is shaving an elderly mexican's crotch, then
marinating the crotch hair in crystal palace. Don't even need to
put a worm in it.

This is a standard bar drink in Brooklyn Jew York.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:18:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

>>Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
>>have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
>>
>>> from my garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.

>>Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
>uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
>mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
>diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
>shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
>juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
>help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
>garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
>wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
>never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
>sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
>fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
>fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
>licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
>anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
>growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
>probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
>arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:55:55 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:18:20 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
>>> uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
>>> mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
>>> diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
>>> shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
>>> juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
>>> help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
>>> garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
>>> wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
>>> never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
>>> sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
>>> fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
>>> fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
>>> licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
>>> anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
>>> growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
>>> probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
>>> arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

>> Ouzo is a liquorish form of liquor from Greece. It tasts OK. Not as extremely addictive as that cranberry juice and vodka combo, I tell ya !!
>>

>But just as good is shaving an elderly mexican's crotch, then
>marinating the crotch hair in crystal palace. Don't even need to
>put a worm in it.
>
>This is a standard bar drink in Brooklyn Jew York.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

> > Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> > have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
> >
> >> from my garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.

> > Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I have only two tastes to please, mine and my mates. However each
> uses no precise measurements none are remarkabley different, always
> mostly tomatoes. Typically I use very firm not yet fully ripe Romas,
> diced baby Kirbys, diced bell peppers (red/green), small amount of
> shaved garlic, curly leaf parsley, olive oil, vinegar and lemon/lime
> juice, s n'p, and sometimes some type of grated cheese.... really a
> help oneself salad. I like to use a sharp spud peeler for shaving
> garlic. We don't add hot pepper but there's a shaker of crushed if
> wanted. I don't like growing the hot varietys of hot peppers as they
> never offer the same heat, often too hot. I sometimes like to add
> sliced radish for crunch... mostly ingredients depend on what's in the
> fridge, sometimes even celery, turnip, jicama. I like to add diced
> fennel bulb to mine, I like the anise flavor. My wife detests
> licorice and I love it. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a whole
> anise bulb and nosh the layers by dipping in kosher salt. I've tried
> growing anise bulbs, no luck... Florence fennel needs ideal weather,
> probably why they are so pricey. The fronds are good to dry and
> arrange on a grill as a rack for cooking seafood.

Curious, but have you tried growing Daikon? It fits well in the 'sort
of recipe' above. It's supposed to be very easy to grow but isn't a
container garden soft of thing.

Oh, today we harvested 3 yellow squash and 2 zuccuhini (sp?). Lots of
lettuce, I snipped some and took it to Maria becase we can't eat it
all. Tomatoes (roma) starting to crop too. Bell Peppers looking good.
Anaheims appear well as do the peas.

Apple trees taking off as normal. Newly planted Cherry Trees looking
good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

> Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.

Stop. PLEASE! Sheldon just unwittingly recited the most accurate and
concise food description of a specific food that EVER come out of
his mouth and you two you are trying to make up a term for it en
espanol when even the Mexicans have referred to it in another
language not their own for the last 500 years.
I think I already said the answer.

And salsa rojo is transgender and invalid. Salsa cruda is more an
adjective not a qualified food noun. And roja does not imply
tomatoes. Unlike "colorodo/da" which DOES imply red PEPPERS when
presented in a food term.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 2:49:19 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:47:42 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> > Ouzo is a liquorish form of liquor from Greece. It tasts OK. Not as extremely addictive as that cranberry juice and vodka combo, I tell ya !!

> Like a potato chip, no one can eat just one !!

Ouzo is liquorish? Thats just great.

Lays: Betcha cant eat just one.

A shame Lays beat Quaker to the slogan.

Quaker Grits: Betcha cant eat just one. Wouldve been even better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 10:47:41 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >> There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

> > Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> > have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.

> Stop. PLEASE! Sheldon just unwittingly recited the most accurate and
> concise food description of a specific food that EVER come out of
> his mouth and you two you are trying to make up a term for it en
> espanol when even the Mexicans have referred to it in another
> language not their own for the last 500 years.
> I think I already said the answer.
>
> And salsa rojo is transgender and invalid. Salsa cruda is more an
> adjective not a qualified food noun. And roja does not imply
> tomatoes. Unlike "colorodo/da" which DOES imply red PEPPERS when
> presented in a food term.

Jawohl.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:31:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 10:47:41 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>> > Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
>> > have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.

>> Stop. PLEASE! Sheldon just unwittingly recited the most accurate and
>> concise food description of a specific food that EVER come out of
>> his mouth and you two you are trying to make up a term for it en
>> espanol when even the Mexicans have referred to it in another
>> language not their own for the last 500 years.
>> I think I already said the answer.
>>
>> And salsa rojo is transgender and invalid. Salsa cruda is more an
>> adjective not a qualified food noun. And roja does not imply
>> tomatoes. Unlike "colorodo/da" which DOES imply red PEPPERS when
>> presented in a food term.

>Jawohl.

Salsa cruda is an adjective. Learn something new every day.

--
Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 06:49:16 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:31:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> Stop. PLEASE! Sheldon just unwittingly recited the most accurate and
>>> concise food description of a specific food that EVER come out of
>>> his mouth and you two you are trying to make up a term for it en
>>> espanol when even the Mexicans have referred to it in another
>>> language not their own for the last 500 years.
>>> I think I already said the answer.
>>>
>>> And salsa rojo is transgender and invalid. Salsa cruda is more an
>>> adjective not a qualified food noun. And roja does not imply
>>> tomatoes. Unlike "colorodo/da" which DOES imply red PEPPERS when
>>> presented in a food term.

>>Jawohl.

>Salsa cruda is an adjective. Learn something new every day.

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:02:54 -0700 (PDT), odlayo >
wrote:

>On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 2:49:19 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:47:42 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> > Ouzo is a liquorish form of liquor from Greece. It tasts OK. Not as extremely addictive as that cranberry juice and vodka combo, I tell ya !!

>> Like a potato chip, no one can eat just one !!

>Ouzo is liquorish? That’s just great.
>
>Lay’s: Betcha can’t eat just one.
>
>A shame Lay’s beat Quaker to the slogan.
>
>Quaker Grits: Betcha can’t eat just one. Would’ve been even better.

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:31:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 10:47:41 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>> > Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
>> > have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.

>> Stop. PLEASE! Sheldon just unwittingly recited the most accurate and
>> concise food description of a specific food that EVER come out of
>> his mouth and you two you are trying to make up a term for it en
>> espanol when even the Mexicans have referred to it in another
>> language not their own for the last 500 years.
>> I think I already said the answer.
>>
>> And salsa rojo is transgender and invalid. Salsa cruda is more an
>> adjective not a qualified food noun. And roja does not imply
>> tomatoes. Unlike "colorodo/da" which DOES imply red PEPPERS when
>> presented in a food term.

>Jawohl.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Bruce (not DS)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 10:15:34 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>
> > There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

> Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
> > from my garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.

> Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.

There's always Pace picante sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:57:52 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 10:15:34 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:29:41 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> > There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde

>> Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
>> have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
>> > from my garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.

>> Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.

Variety is the spice of life.

>There's always Pace picante sauce.

Same as jarred pasta sauce, dreck! Pace is too expensive for stale
flavorless ingredients and costs more for the packaging than what's in
it. Pace can't compete with fresh picked home grown.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/j2vkWcR
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:22:14 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:57:52 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

> >> Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> >> have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
> >> Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.

> Variety is the spice of life.

Yep. And people who want a specific result can have more than
one recipe for salsa, yielding more than one specific result.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:22:14 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:57:52 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

> >> Salsa cruda, perhaps. The presence of ripe tomatoes (as others
> >> have pointed out) makes it rojo rather than verde.
> >> Some people prefer a specific, repeatable result.

> Variety is the spice of life.
> >There's always Pace picante sauce.

> Same as jarred pasta sauce, dreck! Pace is too expensive for stale
> flavorless ingredients and costs more for the packaging than what's in
> it. Pace can't compete with fresh picked home grown.

Not everyone has the get-up-and-go of some one rigorously exercises every day or cooks everything from scratch, sometimes running back and forth to the store three times in just one day. Some people are just hands off. Period.

They just like to play video games all day instead and trust me - they want their prepared food in a jiffy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 06:04:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:22:14 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:57:52 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> Variety is the spice of life.

>Yep. And people who want a specific result can have more than
>one recipe for salsa, yielding more than one specific result.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

That's very true, I often make batches using different tomatoes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:37:32 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 06:04:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:22:14 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:57:52 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>>> Variety is the spice of life.

>>Yep. And people who want a specific result can have more than
>>one recipe for salsa, yielding more than one specific result.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>That's very true, I often make batches using different tomatoes

Bruce

Salsa recipe Bali General Cooking 8 08-09-2006 09:49 PM
salsa recipe [email protected] Preserving 0 07-09-2006 01:15 PM
Recipe for the salsa at On the Border?? RalGrl General Cooking 2 04-04-2006 02:35 AM
salsa verde recipe Kathi Preserving 5 15-10-2004 10:25 PM
Salsa Recipe newsuser Mexican Cooking 3 02-07-2004 07:18 PM