Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default salsa recipe

I did a search for this on the WWW a few days ago, and came up with two
recipes:

Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Recipe from: Miles T. Graham
Servings: 16 to 18 pints
http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...alsa+recipe245

Roasted Corn & Black Bean Salsa
(This made about 14 pints)

6 cans of black beans
Roasted kernels from 10 ears of corn*
15 large chopped tomatoes
1 large green bell pepper chopped
1 large red bell pepper chopped
1 bunch cilantro chopped
3 tbl chopped garlic
2 tbl cumin
3 tbl salt
1 tbl white pepper
1 c cider vinegar
½ c lime juice

All of these ingredients above were added first and slowly heated. I
then added the hot peppers until I got them the desired taste (anaheim,
yellow wax) and heat (cayenne, jalapenos).

6 anaheim peppers chopped
3 yellow wax peppers chopped
4 large cayenne peppers chopped
2 jalapeno peppers chopped

I slowly brought the mixture to a boil, tasting as I went to make sure
I had enough salt. I boiled for 10 minutes and put into hot jars. I put
them into a water bath for 20 minutes.

*Roast the shucked corn on the cob in the BBQ kettle over coals,
turning every few minutes until some kernels were brown and other not.
It took about 20 minute's total.

Salsa recipe Bali General Cooking 8 08-09-2006 09:49 PM
Fresh salsa recipe Diane M General Cooking 7 12-08-2006 07:41 AM
Recipe for the salsa at On the Border?? RalGrl General Cooking 2 04-04-2006 02:35 AM
Salsa Recipe for canning Melba's Jammin' Preserving 0 15-08-2004 11:52 PM
Salsa Recipe newsuser Mexican Cooking 3 02-07-2004 07:18 PM