Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Martin[_4_] Sheldon Martin[_4_] is offline

Default RECIPE: Salsa Diaboligue

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 30, 1992 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-5, harlon whitley 952-2342 wrote:
>> Salsa Diaboligue
>> ----------------
>> Yield: 2 Cups
>> 6 (3 pounds) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarse
>> 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped red and yellow onions
>> 2 shallots, chopped
>> 1 3 1/2-ounce can pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
>> 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or ground coriander
>> 1 teaspoon ground cumin
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
>> 1 ounce bull shot mix (see Note)
>> NOTE: A bull shot is 4 ounces beef consumme' plus 1 1/2 ounces
>> vodka.

1 1/2 ounces of vodka is a wimpy bull. I add 6 ounces of vodka to 8
ounces of V8 with the juice of 1/4 lemon.

>I disagree. Its 1:1
>
>> Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand at least 1
>> hour to allow all ingredients to blend.

There is no singular salsa recipe. I prepare salsa verde from my
garden every year, never the same twice; no measuring.
Usually ripe Romas, bell peppers, diced Kirbys, curly leaf parsley, a
small shake of cumen, and onion for mine, my wife doesn't like onion.
I like a little olive oil and vinegar. I know it's done when my
large bowl is full.