Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pepper burning

I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie Oliver
a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for chilis. He
claimed it was a cheap and easy way to keep them in good shape for
months. So I tried it.

It has been a success so far. It's been about three weeks since I put
them in a bunch of them in a large plastic spice jar, the type that has
a double cap, one for getting a spoon in and the other for sprinkling.
I had cut up half a chili very finely to add to a batch of avocado
mango salsa. When I put it back I thought maybe it needed to be shaken
up because the salt had settled on the bottom.

I should have made sure the top was on tight. Some of the liquid leaked
out of the flip top and ran down my hand. I washed my hands and went on
with other things. That was about an hour ago. I have washed my hands
three times since then and my left hand is on fire. Heck, I just licked
between two fingers and now my tongue is burning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only
> in small amounts.* Around here they sell them only in packages of
> 30 or more, so they go bad before I use them up.* I was watching
> Jamie Oliver a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip
> for chilis. He claimed it was a cheap and easy way to keep them in
> good shape for months.* So I tried it.
>
> It has been a success so far. It's been about three weeks since I
> put them in* a bunch of them in a large plastic spice jar, the type
> that has a double cap, one for getting a spoon in and the other for
> sprinkling. I had cut up* half a chili very finely to add to a
> batch of avocado mango salsa. When I put it back I thought maybe
> it needed to be shaken up because the salt had settled on the bottom.
>
> I should have made sure the top was on tight. Some of the liquid
> leaked out of the flip top and ran down my hand. I washed my hands
> and went on with other things. That was about an hour ago. I have
> washed my hands three times since then and my left hand is on
> fire.* Heck, I just licked between two fingers and now my tongue is
> burning.

Master Doctor Druce will be here soon to sniff your ass hole!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
> more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie
> Oliver a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for
> chilis.

What an ugly woman.

--
The real Brazzo posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brazzo wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
>> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
>> more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie
>> Oliver a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for
>> chilis.

> What an ugly woman.

I bet those ugly ****ers have great ass odor, right master doctor?

You sniff the best of the best! Primo!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 18:08:53 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
>small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
>more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie Oliver
>a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for chilis. He
>claimed it was a cheap and easy way to keep them in good shape for
>months. So I tried it.
>
>It has been a success so far. It's been about three weeks since I put
>them in a bunch of them in a large plastic spice jar, the type that has
>a double cap, one for getting a spoon in and the other for sprinkling.
>I had cut up half a chili very finely to add to a batch of avocado
>mango salsa. When I put it back I thought maybe it needed to be shaken
>up because the salt had settled on the bottom.
>
>I should have made sure the top was on tight. Some of the liquid leaked
>out of the flip top and ran down my hand. I washed my hands and went on
>with other things. That was about an hour ago. I have washed my hands
>three times since then and my left hand is on fire. Heck, I just licked
>between two fingers and now my tongue is burning.

The real Brazzo posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 17:39:54 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only
>> in small amounts.* Around here they sell them only in packages of
>> 30 or more, so they go bad before I use them up.* I was watching
>> Jamie Oliver a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip
>> for chilis. He claimed it was a cheap and easy way to keep them in
>> good shape for months.* So I tried it.
>>
>> It has been a success so far. It's been about three weeks since I
>> put them in* a bunch of them in a large plastic spice jar, the type
>> that has a double cap, one for getting a spoon in and the other for
>> sprinkling. I had cut up* half a chili very finely to add to a
>> batch of avocado mango salsa. When I put it back I thought maybe
>> it needed to be shaken up because the salt had settled on the bottom.
>>
>> I should have made sure the top was on tight. Some of the liquid
>> leaked out of the flip top and ran down my hand. I washed my hands
>> and went on with other things. That was about an hour ago. I have
>> washed my hands three times since then and my left hand is on
>> fire.* Heck, I just licked between two fingers and now my tongue is
>> burning.

>Master Doctor Druce will be here soon to sniff your ass hole!

The real Brazzo posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21 May 2021 22:56:55 GMT, "Brazzo" > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
>> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
>> more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie
>> Oliver a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for
>> chilis.

>What an ugly woman.

The real Brazzo posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The real Brazzo posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 18:08:53 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
> more, so they go bad before I use them up.

I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 7:30:59 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2021 18:08:53 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
> > small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
> > more, so they go bad before I use them up.

> I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
> Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
> popcorn. And all the flavor remains.

In the deep freeze they'd last for many years.

> -sw

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 21 May 2021 18:08:53 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
>> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
>> more, so they go bad before I use them up.

>I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>
>-sw

One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-21 11:08 p.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 May 2021 18:08:53 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
>>> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
>>> more, so they go bad before I use them up.

>> I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>> Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>> popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>> have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>>
>> -sw

> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
> Janet US

I Like some heat, but not as much as I get in one of those. I Have been
making a simple sort of Thai style soup using broth, low sodium soy
sauce, lime juice, a star anise, some basil and a some birds eye chili.
I would very finely chop half a chili but my wife found it to be way too
hot for her taste. The last few times I made it I used half a pepper
simmered in the soup and then removed for serving and it is much easier
to handle.

This incident caught me off guard. I have been using these peppers once
or twice a week for months and had no problems handling them. I had
chopped one tonight and handled it with my thumb and forefinger with no
problem. It was only when I slopped a bit of that very briny fluid
between my third and fourth finger that I had a problem. I have scrubbed
my hands thoroughly four times and there is still an uncomfortable burn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 23:20:19 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-21 11:08 p.m., US Janet wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>>> Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>>> popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>>> have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>> Janet US
>>

>I Like some heat, but not as much as I get in one of those. I Have been
>making a simple sort of Thai style soup using broth, low sodium soy
>sauce, lime juice, a star anise, some basil and a some birds eye chili.
>I would very finely chop half a chili but my wife found it to be way too
>hot for her taste. The last few times I made it I used half a pepper
>simmered in the soup and then removed for serving and it is much easier
>to handle.
>
>This incident caught me off guard. I have been using these peppers once
>or twice a week for months and had no problems handling them. I had
>chopped one tonight and handled it with my thumb and forefinger with no
>problem. It was only when I slopped a bit of that very briny fluid
>between my third and fourth finger that I had a problem. I have scrubbed
>my hands thoroughly four times and there is still an uncomfortable burn.

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from an
alternative Dave Smith. It's a common name, you know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 21:08:00 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 21 May 2021 18:08:53 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
>>> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
>>> more, so they go bad before I use them up.

>>I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>>Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>>popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>>have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>>
>>-sw

>One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>Janet US

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from an
alternative Dave Smith. It's a common name, you know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 23:20:19 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-21 11:08 p.m., US Janet wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>>> Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>>> popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>>> have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>> Janet US
>>

>I Like some heat, but not as much as I get in one of those. I Have been
>making a simple sort of Thai style soup using broth, low sodium soy
>sauce, lime juice, a star anise, some basil and a some birds eye chili.
>I would very finely chop half a chili but my wife found it to be way too
>hot for her taste. The last few times I made it I used half a pepper
>simmered in the soup and then removed for serving and it is much easier
>to handle.
>
>This incident caught me off guard. I have been using these peppers once
>or twice a week for months and had no problems handling them. I had
>chopped one tonight and handled it with my thumb and forefinger with no
>problem. It was only when I slopped a bit of that very briny fluid
>between my third and fourth finger that I had a problem. I have scrubbed
>my hands thoroughly four times and there is still an uncomfortable burn.

Chili peppers do not have the same heat one from the other of the same
kind. The growing season affects them so that some can be way hotter
than their brothers and sisters. I always taste as I go, particularly
at the end and can add a bit more if needed.
I have had the problem of having to wash my hands for more than a day
and still could feel the burn. Then I got smart and got a box of
medical laytex gloves for use when preparing peppers. I'm a sissy, as
I said.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 12:08:58 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
> more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie Oliver
> a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for chilis. He
> claimed it was a cheap and easy way to keep them in good shape for
> months. So I tried it.
>
> It has been a success so far. It's been about three weeks since I put
> them in a bunch of them in a large plastic spice jar, the type that has
> a double cap, one for getting a spoon in and the other for sprinkling.
> I had cut up half a chili very finely to add to a batch of avocado
> mango salsa. When I put it back I thought maybe it needed to be shaken
> up because the salt had settled on the bottom.
>
> I should have made sure the top was on tight. Some of the liquid leaked
> out of the flip top and ran down my hand. I washed my hands and went on
> with other things. That was about an hour ago. I have washed my hands
> three times since then and my left hand is on fire. Heck, I just licked
> between two fingers and now my tongue is burning.

You can try making chili pepper water. Chop a few peppers up (5 to 8, for starters) and add to about 16 oz of water. Add a few chopped garlic cloves, salt, and vinegar. Let it set for a few days to infuse. This stuff is good in soups, stews, and loco mocos, lau-lau, and most any Hawaiian food. You'll see recipes on the internet but those are kinda weird in that they look like sauce. What you should get is a clear liquid with some peppers on bottom. The real stuff looks like water and is served in an old Worcestershire sauce bottle. Just make sure you don't drink it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpk...adio=1&t=1260s
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 1:04:49 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 12:08:58 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
> > small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
> > more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie Oliver
> > a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for chilis. He
> > claimed it was a cheap and easy way to keep them in good shape for
> > months. So I tried it.
> >
> > It has been a success so far. It's been about three weeks since I put
> > them in a bunch of them in a large plastic spice jar, the type that has
> > a double cap, one for getting a spoon in and the other for sprinkling.
> > I had cut up half a chili very finely to add to a batch of avocado
> > mango salsa. When I put it back I thought maybe it needed to be shaken
> > up because the salt had settled on the bottom.
> >
> > I should have made sure the top was on tight. Some of the liquid leaked
> > out of the flip top and ran down my hand. I washed my hands and went on
> > with other things. That was about an hour ago. I have washed my hands
> > three times since then and my left hand is on fire. Heck, I just licked
> > between two fingers and now my tongue is burning.

> You can try making chili pepper water. Chop a few peppers up (5 to 8, for starters) and add to about 16 oz of water. Add a few chopped garlic cloves, salt, and vinegar. Let it set for a few days to infuse. This stuff is good in soups, stews, and loco mocos, lau-lau, and most any Hawaiian food. You'll see recipes on the internet but those are kinda weird in that they look like sauce. What you should get is a clear liquid with some peppers on bottom. The real stuff looks like water and is served in an old Worcestershire sauce bottle. Just make sure you don't drink it!

Loco Moco has a lot of stuff in it. hamburger patties with egg over top and rice and brown gravy on that. Yum yum.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 9:57:25 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 1:04:49 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 12:08:58 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
> > > small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
> > > more, so they go bad before I use them up. I was watching Jamie Oliver
> > > a couple weeks ago and she showed a money saving trip for chilis. He
> > > claimed it was a cheap and easy way to keep them in good shape for
> > > months. So I tried it.
> > >
> > > It has been a success so far. It's been about three weeks since I put
> > > them in a bunch of them in a large plastic spice jar, the type that has
> > > a double cap, one for getting a spoon in and the other for sprinkling..
> > > I had cut up half a chili very finely to add to a batch of avocado
> > > mango salsa. When I put it back I thought maybe it needed to be shaken
> > > up because the salt had settled on the bottom.
> > >
> > > I should have made sure the top was on tight. Some of the liquid leaked
> > > out of the flip top and ran down my hand. I washed my hands and went on
> > > with other things. That was about an hour ago. I have washed my hands
> > > three times since then and my left hand is on fire. Heck, I just licked
> > > between two fingers and now my tongue is burning.

> > You can try making chili pepper water. Chop a few peppers up (5 to 8, for starters) and add to about 16 oz of water. Add a few chopped garlic cloves, salt, and vinegar. Let it set for a few days to infuse. This stuff is good in soups, stews, and loco mocos, lau-lau, and most any Hawaiian food. You'll see recipes on the internet but those are kinda weird in that they look like sauce. What you should get is a clear liquid with some peppers on bottom. The real stuff looks like water and is served in an old Worcestershire sauce bottle. Just make sure you don't drink it!

> Loco Moco has a lot of stuff in it. hamburger patties with egg over top and rice and brown gravy on that. Yum yum.

The good news is that Loco Moco can be made anywhere in the US. Too bad that girl didn't pour chili pepper water on it. That would be like a revelation - it would allow her to see into the future.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 May 2021 21:08:00 -0600, US Janet wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 21 May 2021 18:08:53 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I like to have Thai birds eye chili on hand but use the stuff only in
>>> small amounts. Around here they sell them only in packages of 30 or
>>> more, so they go bad before I use them up.

>>I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>>Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>>popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>>have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>>

> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.

Yeah that would probably work well if they were fresh. But not
after they're frozen. Dried whole Asian chiles work especially well
in stir-frying for adding flavor, just don't eat them. And dried
Asian chiles don't have the tobacco taste of the Mexican dried
chiles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:41:09 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> >I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>> >Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>> >popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>> >have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>> >
>> >-sw

>> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>> Janet US

> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
>smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
>freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
>poking thing.
>
> Janet UK

report back on that, please.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:41:09 +0100, Janet wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>>>Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>>>popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>>>have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>>>
>>>-sw

>> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>> Janet US

> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
> smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
> freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
> poking thing.

Freezing breaks the cells of the chile and the hole trick probably
work since all the capsaicin will leak out right away. That's what
I would think, at least. And with long cooking, the same would
happen. I assume that truck was for stir-fries and such.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:55:58 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:41:09 +0100, Janet wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> says...

>>> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>>> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>>> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>>> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>>> Janet US

>> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
>> smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
>> freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
>> poking thing.

>Freezing breaks the cells of the chile and the hole trick probably
>work since all the capsaicin will leak out right away. That's what
>I would think, at least. And with long cooking, the same would
>happen. I assume that truck was for stir-fries and such.
>
>-sw

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from the other
Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:41:09 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> >I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
>> >Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
>> >popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
>> >have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
>> >
>> >-sw

>> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>> Janet US

> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
>smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
>freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
>poking thing.
>
> Janet UK

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from the other
Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 7:41:15 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > On Fri, 21 May 2021 19:30:52 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> > >I keep them in the freezer in a small ziplock for up to a year.
> > >Sure, the texture suffers, but it's not you're eating them like
> > >popcorn. And all the flavor remains. I think those and habaneros
> > >have the most flavor, but quite a but of heat, of course.
> > >
> > >-sw

> > One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
> > last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
> > powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
> > skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
> > Janet US

> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
> smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
> freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
> poking thing.

Here in the states they have instant ramen noodles. They come with seasoning packets. They even have a veggie version and a chili version. The whole package of ramen noodles comes with it for just 26 cents.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:30:06 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 7:41:15 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...

>> > One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>> > last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>> > powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>> > skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>> > Janet US

>> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
>> smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
>> freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
>> poking thing.

>Here in the states they have instant ramen noodles. They come with seasoning packets. They even have a veggie version and a chili version. The whole package of ramen noodles comes with it for just 26 cents.

The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:41:09 +0100, Janet wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> says...

>>> One of the chefs on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives commented on a show
>>> last week that if you want the flavor of a chili but not the over
>>> powering bite, you put the chili in whole and just poke a hole in the
>>> skin for cooking. Remove the chili before serving.
>>> Janet US

>> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
>> smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
>> freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
>> poking thing.

>Freezing breaks the cells of the chile and the hole trick probably
>work since all the capsaicin will leak out right away. That's what
>I would think, at least. And with long cooking, the same would
>happen. I assume that truck was for stir-fries and such.
>
>-sw

It wasn't a truck, it was a sit down restaurant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:
> Here in the states they have instant ramen noodles.
> They come with seasoning packets. They even have a
> veggie version and a chili version. The whole package
> of ramen noodles comes with it for just 26 cents.

And that's a high price. Often on sale for much less.
Best price I saw was 12 for $1.00. I'll grab a few when they get to
about 8 for $1.00.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> I Like some heat, but not as much as I get in one of those. I Have been
> making a simple sort of Thai style soup using broth, low sodium soy
> sauce, lime juice, a star anise, some basil and a some birds eye chili.
> I would very finely chop half a chili but my wife found it to be way too
> hot for her taste. The last few times I made it I used half a pepper
> simmered in the soup and then removed for serving and it is much easier
> to handle.
>
> This incident caught me off guard. I have been using these peppers once
> or twice a week for months and had no problems handling them. I had
> chopped one tonight and handled it with my thumb and forefinger with no
> problem. It was only when I slopped a bit of that very briny fluid
> between my third and fourth finger that I had a problem. I have scrubbed
> my hands thoroughly four times and there is still an uncomfortable burn.

Your biggest problem last night was deciding to jerk off. Now your
"stuff" burns too. lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-23 6:29 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:

>> This incident caught me off guard. I haveÂ* been using these peppers once
>> or twice a week for months and had no problems handling them.Â* I had
>> chopped one tonight and handled it with my thumb and forefinger with no
>> problem. It was only when I slopped a bit of that very briny fluid
>> between my third and fourth finger that I had a problem. I have scrubbed
>> my hands thoroughly four times and there is still an uncomfortable burn.

> Your biggest problem last night was deciding to jerk off. Now your
> "stuff" burns too. lol

Wow. I was expecting that Sheldon would be the one to try to add that
touch of class.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 5:29:36 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> > I Like some heat, but not as much as I get in one of those. I Have been
> > making a simple sort of Thai style soup using broth, low sodium soy
> > sauce, lime juice, a star anise, some basil and a some birds eye chili.
> > I would very finely chop half a chili but my wife found it to be way too
> > hot for her taste. The last few times I made it I used half a pepper
> > simmered in the soup and then removed for serving and it is much easier
> > to handle.
> >
> > This incident caught me off guard. I have been using these peppers once
> > or twice a week for months and had no problems handling them. I had
> > chopped one tonight and handled it with my thumb and forefinger with no
> > problem. It was only when I slopped a bit of that very briny fluid
> > between my third and fourth finger that I had a problem. I have scrubbed
> > my hands thoroughly four times and there is still an uncomfortable burn.

> Your biggest problem last night was deciding to jerk off. Now your
> "stuff" burns too. lol

Lol, Gary...

:-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2021 9:22 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-23 6:29 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> This incident caught me off guard. I haveÂ* been using these peppers once
>>> or twice a week for months and had no problems handling them.Â* I had
>>> chopped one tonight and handled it with my thumb and forefinger with no
>>> problem. It was only when I slopped a bit of that very briny fluid
>>> between my third and fourth finger that I had a problem. I have scrubbed
>>> my hands thoroughly four times and there is still an uncomfortable burn.

>> Your biggest problem last night was deciding to jerk off. Now your
>> "stuff" burns too. lol
>>

> Wow. I was expecting that Sheldon would be the one to try to add that
> touch of class.

Looks like Gary is trying to compete with the trolls when it comes to
snarky remarks.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2021 9:08 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/23/2021 9:22 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Your biggest problem last night was deciding to jerk off. Now your
>>> "stuff" burns too. lol
>>>

>> Wow. I was expecting that Sheldon would be the one to try to add that
>> touch of class.

> Looks like Gary is trying to compete with the trolls when it comes to
> snarky remarks.
>
> Jill

No one can compete with you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:12:01 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/23/2021 9:08 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Wow. I was expecting that Sheldon would be the one to try to add that
>>> touch of class.

>> Looks like Gary is trying to compete with the trolls when it comes to
>> snarky remarks.

If snark didn't exist, Jill would invent it.

--
This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2021 12:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:12:01 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:

>>> Looks like Gary is trying to compete with the trolls when it comes to
>>> snarky remarks.

> If snark didn't exist, Jill would invent it.

And ladle it over her creamy tits...

Yum o!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 14:34:39 -0600, US Janet wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:55:58 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:41:09 +0100, Janet wrote:
>>
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

>>> Good tip thanks. I buy a tiny packet of mixed fresh chilis from the
>>> smkt; they are very cheap but rarely do they all get used up. If I
>>> freeze them all, I can get them out one at a time and try the hole-
>>> poking thing.

>>Freezing breaks the cells of the chile and the hole trick probably
>>work since all the capsaicin will leak out right away. That's what
>>I would think, at least. And with long cooking, the same would
>>happen. I assume that truck was for stir-fries and such.
>>
>>-sw

> It wasn't a truck, it was a sit down restaurant.

It was supposed to say "trick". Unless you're pulling my leg. In
which case, then I meant truck STOP - Take your puck.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 19:35:28 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 14:34:39 -0600, US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:55:58 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Freezing breaks the cells of the chile and the hole trick probably
>>>work since all the capsaicin will leak out right away. That's what
>>>I would think, at least. And with long cooking, the same would
>>>happen. I assume that truck was for stir-fries and such.
>>>
>>>-sw

>> It wasn't a truck, it was a sit down restaurant.

>It was supposed to say "trick". Unless you're pulling my leg. In
>which case, then I meant truck STOP - Take your puck.
>
>-sw

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 13:00:31 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/23/2021 12:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:12:01 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:

>> If snark didn't exist, Jill would invent it.
>>

>And ladle it over her creamy tits...
>
>Yum o!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

how to refill the pepper section of an olde thompson acrylicsaltshaker / pepper mill [email protected] General Cooking 2 20-04-2020 09:30 PM
how to refill the pepper section of an olde thompson acrylicsaltshaker / pepper mill Camp Stove General Cooking 1 28-07-2016 03:08 AM
burning fat am Marketplace 0 08-09-2008 09:10 AM
burning fat am Sushi 0 08-09-2008 09:08 AM
Lentil and Sweet Red Pepper Soup with Cumin and Black Pepper Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 29-12-2004 04:17 AM