Old 28-07-2016, 02:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default how to refill the pepper section of an olde thompson acrylicsaltshaker / pepper mill

On Saturday, September 30, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Eric White wrote:
Hello,

How to open the Olde Thompson acrylic salt shaker / pepper mil
I've got. It's a model that's got the salt on top, pepper grinder on the
bottom.
It's round, about 1.5 inches in diameter and 4 inches high. Call me an idiot,
but I just can't figure out how to refill the pepper section. I can screw the
top
off to get to the salt section, but nothing I do gives me access to the pepper
half.

Any suggestions (short of smashing it to bits)?

Thanks,

Turns out mine had the shaft rusted at the top salt section. No surprise since the salt is corrosive. I got it off by putting the salt section in a vice, and hammering the shaft. Tried cleaning but rust dust got everywhere and I didn't want rust dust in my pepper so I chucked it.

Old 28-07-2016, 03:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 18:47:07 -0700 (PDT), Camp Stove
wrote:

[...]

I'm fairly certain Eric is long past caring about it.