Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scampi for our 35th

Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>
> --Bryan

Sounds good to me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 6:28:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>
> --Bryan

Yummmmmmmmmm.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 7:47:13 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
> >
> > --Bryan

> Sounds good to me!

I had to pick out a few random pieces of shell from the shrimp boiling water,
but she enjoyed it, and we're both happy that we're still together. I did one
thing in my life that was unambiguously good, and that was marrying Betsy.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 7:56:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 7:47:13 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > > Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
> > >
> > > --Bryan

> > Sounds good to me!
> >

> I had to pick out a few random pieces of shell from the shrimp boiling water,
> but she enjoyed it, and we're both happy that we're still together. I did one
> thing in my life that was unambiguously good, and that was marrying Betsy..

Good on ya... stability is important...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/9/2021 7:28 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>
> --Bryan

Not sure I've ever heard of cream in shrimp scampi but glad you each
enjoyed your versions of shrimp. Happy Anniversary!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 7:47:13 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> Sounds good to me!
>>

> I had to pick out a few random pieces of shell from the shrimp boiling water,
> but she enjoyed it, and we're both happy that we're still together. I did one
> thing in my life that was unambiguously good, and that was marrying Betsy.
>
> --Bryan

Congrats on 35.Â* That's a good start!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 16:28:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>
>--Bryan

Congratulations and many happy returns
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/9/2021 6:28 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>
> --Bryan

Happy Anniversary !
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/04/2021 04:25, Snag wrote:
> On 4/9/2021 6:28 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled
>> up some shrimp.Â* I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and
>> pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce.
>> I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the
>> vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>

> Â*Happy Anniversary !

===

l A very Happy Anniversary from me me. I hope you both have a lovely day!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/9/2021 8:56 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 7:47:13 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> Sounds good to me!
>>

> I had to pick out a few random pieces of shell from the shrimp boiling water,
> but she enjoyed it, and we're both happy that we're still together. I did one
> thing in my life that was unambiguously good, and that was marrying Betsy.
>
> --Bryan

Happy Anniversary to you and Betsy yesterday, Bryan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 8:04:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 4/9/2021 7:28 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >

> Not sure I've ever heard of cream in shrimp scampi but glad you each
> enjoyed your versions of shrimp. Happy Anniversary!

That why I called it "a scampi sort of thing." Right now I'm boiling skin-on
chopped potatoes to make skin-on mashed potatoes. That and pan seared
ribeye is going to be breakfast.

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:41:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 8:04:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > On 4/9/2021 7:28 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > > Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > >

> > Not sure I've ever heard of cream in shrimp scampi but glad you each
> > enjoyed your versions of shrimp. Happy Anniversary!
> >

> That why I called it "a scampi sort of thing." Right now I'm boiling skin-on
> chopped potatoes to make skin-on mashed potatoes. That and pan seared
> ribeye is going to be breakfast.

I like it...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/10/2021 9:41 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 8:04:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On 4/9/2021 7:28 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> Today is my wife's and my 35th wedding anniversary, and I just boiled up some shrimp. I'm making her a scampi sort of thing, with cream and pressed garlic, and I'll have mine just plain with cocktail sauce. I'm using the water that I pre-boiled the shrimp in to boil the vermicelli, to impart a bit of extra shrimpiness.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> Not sure I've ever heard of cream in shrimp scampi but glad you each
>> enjoyed your versions of shrimp. Happy Anniversary!
>>

> That why I called it "a scampi sort of thing." Right now I'm boiling skin-on
> chopped potatoes to make skin-on mashed potatoes. That and pan seared
> ribeye is going to be breakfast.
>>

> --Bryan

I'd be tempted to smash those skin-on boiled potatoes and put them in a
skillet to get them nicely browned and crisp on the outside to go with
that steak.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/10/2021 5:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> l A very Happy Anniversary from me me. >

Is me me your new nickname?

--
The real Bruce posts with his head up his ass

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 9:12:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 4/10/2021 9:41 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> Not sure I've ever heard of cream in shrimp scampi but glad you each
> >> enjoyed your versions of shrimp. Happy Anniversary!
> >>

> > That why I called it "a scampi sort of thing." Right now I'm boiling skin-on
> > chopped potatoes to make skin-on mashed potatoes. That and pan seared
> > ribeye is going to be breakfast.
> >>

> > --Bryan
> >

> I'd be tempted to smash those skin-on boiled potatoes and put them in a
> skillet to get them nicely browned and crisp on the outside to go with
> that steak.

I did put them in the steak pan to make some crispiness happen.

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/10/2021 10:29 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 9:12:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:

>>> That why I called it "a scampi sort of thing." Right now I'm boiling skin-on
>>> chopped potatoes to make skin-on mashed potatoes. That and pan seared
>>> ribeye is going to be breakfast.
>>>>

>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> I'd be tempted to smash those skin-on boiled potatoes and put them in a
>> skillet to get them nicely browned and crisp on the outside to go with
>> that steak.

> I did put them in the steak pan to make some crispiness happen.
>>

> --Bryan

There ya go!

Jill

Scampi tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 12 28-06-2017 12:04 PM
Shrimp Scampi, ...and what else? Pringles CheezUms General Cooking 350 25-09-2014 05:05 PM
What do you serve with scampi? Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 11 16-09-2007 08:28 PM
Salmon Scampi fred General Cooking 3 01-06-2007 12:12 AM
Chicken Scampi Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 17-01-2007 04:42 AM