Old 05-12-2020, 05:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Does anyone, here, like jelly/mayo sammies?

It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats!

nb

Old 05-12-2020, 09:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 11:19:24 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats!

Ah, grape jelly and mayo on white bread. The classic Wino Beatoff Sandwich.

nb

--Bryan
Old 05-12-2020, 10:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 11:19:24 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats!

Ah, grape jelly and mayo on white bread. The classic Wino Beatoff Sandwich.

nb

--Bryan

If you add peanut butter, you'd have millions of 6 year old
chilluns. Are they winos?

Maybe yoose been in da Loo too long.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats!

never tried, but since i like odd things who knows...

most recently where i've come close to this would be
using strawberries and mustard over pretzels.

songbird

Free Sammies at Langer's next week-end critters & me in azusa, ca General Cooking 1 06-06-2012 11:58 PM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Beer 3 27-01-2005 03:03 AM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Chocolate 0 25-01-2005 04:00 PM
Jelly Palm jelly? TM Preserving 8 26-07-2004 10:47 PM