FoodBanter.com

-   -   Does anyone, here, like jelly/mayo sammies? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/452892-does-anyone-here-like.html)

notbob 05-12-2020 05:19 PM

Does anyone, here, like jelly/mayo sammies?

It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats! ;)

nb

Bryan Simmons 05-12-2020 09:42 PM

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 11:19:24 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats! ;)

Ah, grape jelly and mayo on white bread. The classic Wino Beatoff Sandwich.

nb

--Bryan

Hank Rogers[_4_] 05-12-2020 10:10 PM

Bryan Simmons wrote:
On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 11:19:24 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats! ;)

Ah, grape jelly and mayo on white bread. The classic Wino Beatoff Sandwich.

nb

--Bryan

If you add peanut butter, you'd have millions of 6 year old
chilluns. Are they winos?

Maybe yoose been in da Loo too long.

songbird 05-12-2020 11:47 PM

notbob wrote:
It all started when I was about 4/5. After Thanksgiving, I ran out of turkey. Then, ran
outta lettuce. Finally, ran outta jellied cranberry. I could still
recall the flavor, though.

So, naturally, I subbed some grape jelly for jellied cranbarry. Then
Blackberry jam, etc. Today, I'm outta everthin but mayo and cranberry
sauce. Good Eats! ;)

never tried, but since i like odd things who knows... :)

most recently where i've come close to this would be
using strawberries and mustard over pretzels.

songbird