Old 11-10-2019, 11:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lunch today

I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

Old 11-10-2019, 03:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5:03:20 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

Enjoy! (I'd probably lie to them and tell them I have other plans.)
Old 11-10-2019, 05:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

Just the stuffed pepper would get me there. Good food!
Old 11-10-2019, 06:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ
Old 11-10-2019, 08:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women
in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made
with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ

===

Oh yes, Lovely))) I take it she is well now? )

Old 11-10-2019, 09:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:25:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women
in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made
with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ

===

Oh yes, Lovely))) I take it she is well now? )

She's feeling better but it's going to take a few days to get over the flu she had. I have a roasted chicken in the refrigerator that going to be converted into jook.

Here's a cake that she made for our non-gluten friends. It's made with almond flour.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hq_zYVdhrIBaJ5
Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:17:19 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
A Moose in Love wrote:

I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

Just the stuffed pepper would get me there. Good food!

I like stuffed peppers and cabbage rolls. It's a fall food here.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 10:53:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5:03:20 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

Enjoy! (I'd probably lie to them and tell them I have other plans.)

Thanks. I never used to like plum cake. Now I love it. I only get it in the fall though.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

=====

Oh I could eat that! Gluten or not))

Old 12-10-2019, 11:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

The cake had a mouth feel that's different from wheat flour. I thought it was quite appealing.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
[...]

It looks beautifully moist!

Old 13-10-2019, 05:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

---

That looks good!

What Did I Eat For My Lunch Today?.... Bigbazza[_22_] General Cooking 11 25-07-2009 11:58 PM
Lunch Today Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] General Cooking 5 12-07-2007 05:52 AM
lunch today hahabogus General Cooking 2 07-07-2007 01:16 AM
Today's lunch serene Vegetarian cooking 0 03-03-2005 01:30 PM
Today's lunch serene Vegetarian cooking 0 03-03-2005 01:30 PM