Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What Did I Eat For My Lunch Today?....

I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any guesses as
to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bigbazza wrote:

> I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any guesses
> as to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)

Eggs with tomato sauce?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Bigbazza wrote:
>
>> I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any guesses
>> as to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)

> Eggs with tomato sauce?
>
> Bob

No......:-)

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bigbazza wrote:

>>> I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any
>>> guesses as to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)

>> Eggs with tomato sauce?

> No......:-)

2 very rare burger patties? Or patties with ketchup on them?
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ViLco" > wrote in message

>>> Eggs with tomato sauce?

>> No......:-)

> 2 very rare burger patties? Or patties with ketchup on them?
> --
> Vilco

No, but you're close though ... An Aussie lunch favourite on the run :-)

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bigbazza" > wrote in message
>I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any guesses as
>to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)
>
> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Obviously not many 'Aussies' aboard here then......

I had 2 Meat Pies with Ketchup (Tomato Sauce) for lunch..... A common lunch
food here in Oz, eaten even whilst walking along to the car to go to the
shops at lunch break..:-))

Surprised our 'Brissy Boy' Peter didn't respond...Peter must have more
'Genteel' foods for lunch then..Hey Pete?...

Having similar today...Cooking at the present time....Sausage Rolls....and I
will be having them dipped in Ketchup to eat... :-)

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Bigbazzer was - What Did I Eat For My Lunch Today?....

Bigbazza wrote:

> "Bigbazza" > wrote in message
>> I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any
>> guesses as to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)
>>
>> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz
>>

> Obviously not many 'Aussies' aboard here then......
>
> I had 2 Meat Pies with Ketchup (Tomato Sauce) for lunch..... A common lunch
> food here in Oz, eaten even whilst walking along to the car to go to the
> shops at lunch break..:-))
>
> Surprised our 'Brissy Boy' Peter didn't respond...Peter must have more
> 'Genteel' foods for lunch then..Hey Pete?...
>
> Having similar today...Cooking at the present time....Sausage
> Rolls....and I will be having them dipped in Ketchup to eat... :-)
>
> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Hey Bazza . There are a few just not on here all that often
and most too busy surviving and working to sit on the Puter all the time

Know of Lurkers 5 in WA , 6 In Tas (wish they would get off their tails
and post as one is a not a half bad cook /chef )

3 In QLd apart from the one you mention

8 In NSW (incl ACT ) 3 of which are in the hunter also wine makers

3 In NT but are even more feral than I and all Fish fans

8 In SA But we all know about SA Shudder ---------- bit Like
Bathurst NSW only with Poofters

See earlier post about left overs but reckon we Aussies
should start to have more decent input. What say you ?

You know its been ages since had a DECENT pie as per Aussie pies
Guess since not going to the footy as much (Dockers and Hawthorn
supporter here) With still a paid up membership to the Swans

We had a local baker who maid fantastic pies until the healthies jumped
on him for having TOO MUCH meat in his pies -so he pulled the shutters
down . Bizarre STUPID laws . Same goes for snags .

In the spirit of oz cross pollination and in deference to
your name BAZ (he better like pancakes)
and hates Victa mowers

see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZGpNSa79s
heres to shot gunning a tinny

If you have not already seen it I would be VERY surprised
But it is a RIPPER
Cheers

Bushy Phil

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phil..c said...

> Bigbazza wrote:
>>
>> "Bigbazza" > wrote in message
>>> I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any
>>> guesses as to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)
>>>
>>> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz
>>>

>> Obviously not many 'Aussies' aboard here then......
>>
>> I had 2 Meat Pies with Ketchup (Tomato Sauce) for lunch.....

Dead horse!!! :9

>> A common
>> lunch food here in Oz, eaten even whilst walking along to the car to
>> go to the shops at lunch break..:-))

We'd pull in from out of the outback for petrol and a meat pie and a
Bundaberg ginger beer (UNTIL I met Bundaberg Rum'n'Coke in a can!). Meat
pies are great. And what's more fun than eating a meat pie is guessing how
long it's been sitting in the hot oven. --JUST KIDDING--

I ate more than my share of them and I certainly would again.

Once I got a taste of grey kangaroo, well, things have never been the same!
Cooked up first by my boss' Mom in Adelaide. Delicious!!! I'll ever forget
her (RIP) hospitality when we arrived, "Would you boys like a whiskey and a
beer?" We accepted constantly! She treated us two Americans as her own sons
during our stay. The boss reverted back into being the temperamental son.

> Hey Bazza . There are a few just not on here all that often
> and most too busy surviving and working to sit on the Puter all the
> time
>
> Know of Lurkers 5 in WA , 6 In Tas (wish they would get off their tails
> and post as one is a not a half bad cook /chef )
>
> 3 In QLd apart from the one you mention
>

> 8 In NSW (incl ACT ) 3 of which are in the hunter also wine makers
>
> 3 In NT but are even more feral than I and all Fish fans
>
> 8 In SA But we all know about SA Shudder ---------- bit Like
> Bathurst NSW only with Poofters
>
> See earlier post about left overs but reckon we Aussies
> should start to have more decent input. What say you ?

I haven't seen a sign of my Aussie mates here at r.f.c ever. Rory, a
teammate of mine, who's Powerball lotto I've managed for 10% and the past 8
years was king of finding "the cheapest and best lunch from the food carts
in Philadelphia, PA, on a daily basis, during his employment. We
laughingly marveled at his diligence day after day. Last I've heard, he's
lost somewhere in Melbourne, VIC, messing around with dead birds.

> You know its been ages since had a DECENT pie as per Aussie pies
> Guess since not going to the footy as much (Dockers and Hawthorn
> supporter here) With still a paid up membership to the Swans
>
> We had a local baker who maid fantastic pies until the healthies jumped
> on him for having TOO MUCH meat in his pies -so he pulled the shutters
> down . Bizarre STUPID laws . Same goes for snags .

"Bakeries" took me by surprise. I didn't think you'd find meat pies in a
bakery! Learned a lot in Oz, to put it mildly! Road trains also were a
great surprise!!!!!!

> In the spirit of oz cross pollination and in deference to
> your name BAZ (he better like pancakes)
> and hates Victa mowers
>
> see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZGpNSa79s
> heres to shot gunning a tinny

What a funny and clever video!!! LOLOL!!! Thanks! I bookmarked it for old
times sake.

> If you have not already seen it I would be VERY surprised
> But it is a RIPPER
> Cheers
>
> Bushy Phil

Best,

Andy
--
I'm no longer a danger to society.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bigbazza" > wrote in message

> "Bigbazza" > wrote in message
>>I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any guesses
>>as to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)
>>
>> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz
>>

> Obviously not many 'Aussies' aboard here then......

More likely not many here are interested in dining on grubs and burgers
violated by beets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:54:13 +0800, "Phil..c" <invalid@invalid> wrote:

>Know of Lurkers 5 in WA , 6 In Tas (wish they would get off their tails
>and post as one is a not a half bad cook /chef )
>
>3 In QLd apart from the one you mention
>

>8 In NSW (incl ACT ) 3 of which are in the hunter also wine makers
>
>3 In NT but are even more feral than I and all Fish fans
>
>8 In SA But we all know about SA Shudder ---------- bit Like
>Bathurst NSW only with Poofters
>
>See earlier post about left overs but reckon we Aussies
>should start to have more decent input. What say you ?

I say they should post.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bigbazza" > wrote in
:

> "Bigbazza" > wrote in message
>>I just sat down to eat ..... '2 Bloodshot Eyes' for lunch....any guesses
>>as to what I ate?.... (Aussie food slang).....:-)
>>
>> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz
>>

> Obviously not many 'Aussies' aboard here then......
>
> I had 2 Meat Pies with Ketchup (Tomato Sauce) for lunch..... A common
> lunch food here in Oz, eaten even whilst walking along to the car to go
> to the shops at lunch break..:-))
>
> Surprised our 'Brissy Boy' Peter didn't respond...Peter must have more
> 'Genteel' foods for lunch then..Hey Pete?...

Nahhhhhh, busier than a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Full weekend course last weekend, with 40 other people, which was fully
catered, and we had a full day course yesterday (Sat) for 18, once again
fully catered. Then the 'work' computer started dying, so it was a mad
rush to save all the data and get a new machine up and running...... now I
have to sort all the stuff that was transferred and get the new one up and
running the same (or close enough) as the last one. It's a PITA looking
for all the old installation CD's for printers, scanners etc.

I haven't had a meat pie in so long I've forgotten when!!

My favourite used to be Steak and Mushroom, and I'd only ever have a
splash of Lancashire Relish on it..... none of that yucky red stuff!!

http://aussiecatalog.com/store/item/...re_Relish.html

If there wasn't Lancashire, I'd have the black.

Lunch for me is usually some form of sandwich, or maybe some leftovers
from the night before.

> Having similar today...Cooking at the present time....Sausage
> Rolls....and I will be having them dipped in Ketchup to eat... :-)

My sausage rolls were always a big hit at gatherings a few years
back...... once again, I haven't made them for donkey's!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html