FoodBanter.com

-   -   Lunch today (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/448409-lunch-today.html)

A Moose In Love 11-10-2019 11:03 AM

Lunch today

I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

[email protected][_2_] 11-10-2019 03:53 PM

Lunch today

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5:03:20 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

> I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
> https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

Enjoy! (I'd probably lie to them and tell them I have other plans.)

Gary 11-10-2019 05:17 PM

Lunch today

A Moose in Love wrote:

> I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
> https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

Just the stuffed pepper would get me there. :) Good food!

dsi1[_2_] 11-10-2019 06:59 PM

Lunch today

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
> https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ

Ophelia[_11_] 11-10-2019 08:25 PM

Lunch today

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
> cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women
> in our circle make it:
> https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made
with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ

===

Oh yes, Lovely:)))) I take it she is well now? :))

dsi1[_2_] 11-10-2019 09:25 PM

Lunch today

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:25:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
> > cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women
> > in our circle make it:
> > https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

> My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made
> with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ
>
> ===
>
> Oh yes, Lovely:)))) I take it she is well now? :))

She's feeling better but it's going to take a few days to get over the flu she had. I have a roasted chicken in the refrigerator that going to be converted into jook.

Here's a cake that she made for our non-gluten friends. It's made with almond flour.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hq_zYVdhrIBaJ5

A Moose In Love 11-10-2019 10:03 PM

Lunch today

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:17:19 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> A Moose in Love wrote:
> >
> > I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
> > https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

> Just the stuffed pepper would get me there. :) Good food!

I like stuffed peppers and cabbage rolls. It's a fall food here.

A Moose In Love 11-10-2019 10:03 PM

Lunch today

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 10:53:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5:03:20 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> >
> > I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the women in our circle make it:
> > https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/
> >

> Enjoy! (I'd probably lie to them and tell them I have other plans.)

Thanks. I never used to like plum cake. Now I love it. I only get it in the fall though.

Ophelia[_11_] 12-10-2019 08:48 AM

Lunch today

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:25:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
> > cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the
> > women
> > in our circle make it:
> > https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

> My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made
> with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ
>
> ===
>
> Oh yes, Lovely:)))) I take it she is well now? :))

She's feeling better but it's going to take a few days to get over the flu
she had. I have a roasted chicken in the refrigerator that going to be
converted into jook.

Here's a cake that she made for our non-gluten friends. It's made with
almond flour.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hq_zYVdhrIBaJ5

=====

Oh I could eat that! Gluten or not:)))

dsi1[_2_] 12-10-2019 11:57 AM

Lunch today

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 10:41:00 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:25:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > > I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
> > > cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the
> > > women
> > > in our circle make it:
> > > https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

> > My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made
> > with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ
> >
> > ===
> >
> > Oh yes, Lovely:)))) I take it she is well now? :))

> She's feeling better but it's going to take a few days to get over the flu
> she had. I have a roasted chicken in the refrigerator that going to be
> converted into jook.
>
> Here's a cake that she made for our non-gluten friends. It's made with
> almond flour.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hq_zYVdhrIBaJ5
>
> =====
>
> Oh I could eat that! Gluten or not:)))

The cake had a mouth feel that's different from wheat flour. I thought it was quite appealing.

Ophelia[_11_] 12-10-2019 01:23 PM

Lunch today

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 10:41:00 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:25:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love
> > wrote:
> > > I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
> > > cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the
> > > women
> > > in our circle make it:
> > > https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

> > My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was
> > made
> > with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ
> >
> > ===
> >
> > Oh yes, Lovely:)))) I take it she is well now? :))

> She's feeling better but it's going to take a few days to get over the flu
> she had. I have a roasted chicken in the refrigerator that going to be
> converted into jook.
>
> Here's a cake that she made for our non-gluten friends. It's made with
> almond flour.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hq_zYVdhrIBaJ5
>
> =====
>
> Oh I could eat that! Gluten or not:)))

The cake had a mouth feel that's different from wheat flour. I thought it
was quite appealing.

===

It looks beautifully moist!

Julie Bove[_2_] 13-10-2019 05:52 AM

Lunch today

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:25:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:03:20 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> > I've been invited to a friends place. Stuffed peppers. Desert is plum
>> > cake. I've never made plum cake, but this is an example of how the
>> > women
>> > in our circle make it:
>> > https://www.daringgourmet.com/zwetsc...man-plum-cake/

>> My daughter has made a plum tart. It was quite tasty. The pastry was made
>> with almond flour so it's gluten free. Hoo ha!
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1YDvshgEHDmSDJ
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Oh yes, Lovely:)))) I take it she is well now? :))

> She's feeling better but it's going to take a few days to get over the flu
> she had. I have a roasted chicken in the refrigerator that going to be
> converted into jook.
>
> Here's a cake that she made for our non-gluten friends. It's made with
> almond flour.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hq_zYVdhrIBaJ5

---

That looks good!