Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast today.

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 04:06:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:13:43 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Looks good, but not for breakfast.

>> Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.

>It's not a rule. I just don't desire that sort of thing for breakfast
>
>> > Does it have coconut milk in it?

>> Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.
>>
>> >Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

>> I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
>> from a coconut, very refreshing.

>I like fresh coconut meat, and dried unsweetened coconut. Just not
>the liquid that's expressed from the flesh.

Fair enough. I find it delicious and refreshing in a hot climate. It
can be bought here either still in the coconut itself (top opened,
with a straw), or in a small plastic bag (with a straw) with shredded
meat at the bottom.

>> >My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>> >A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

>> I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
>> 'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.

>Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
>including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
>I woke up at 3:45.

Much like me, an early riser. I'm lucky to get 3 hours solid sleep. I
usually get out of bed between 4:30-6AM, have 2 coffees while I offend
people on Usenet, then go for an one hour walk. Then maybe eat some
fruit... then have brunch later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 15:53:27 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 11:24:44 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> It works for me. Your lazy old butt can stay in bed with a book
>> all day long as far as I'm concerned.
>>

>Nice put down, NOT. So if we don't get up when you do and shop we're all
>lazy butts. Time for you bitch about the banks not being open at 6:00 a.m.
>and inconveniencing you.

According to Gary, if you don't do everything the same way he does,
it's incorrect. Don't carry or use a smartphone... don't go 'camping'
unless you go with nothing more than the clothes on your back, and
maybe a knife. That sort of thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 07:08:53 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 04:06:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:13:43 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.

>>It's not a rule. I just don't desire that sort of thing for breakfast

>>> Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.

>>> I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
>>> from a coconut, very refreshing.

>>I like fresh coconut meat, and dried unsweetened coconut. Just not
>>the liquid that's expressed from the flesh.

>Fair enough. I find it delicious and refreshing in a hot climate. It
>can be bought here either still in the coconut itself (top opened,
>with a straw), or in a small plastic bag (with a straw) with shredded
>meat at the bottom.

>>> I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
>>> 'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.

>>Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
>>including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
>>I woke up at 3:45.

>Much like me, an early riser. I'm lucky to get 3 hours solid sleep. I
>usually get out of bed between 4:30-6AM, have 2 coffees while I offend
>people on Usenet

Lol, a very entertaining pastime indeed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-15 4:21 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-09-15 12:32 p.m., graham wrote:
>> On 2019-09-15 10:01 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> ne.
>>>
>>> I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise.Â* I'm not sure I've ever
>>> seen
>>> Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.
>>>

>> It's not worth watching anyway!

> Not even with recreational pot being legal now.

Stoned or ****ed out of your mind, it's still not worth watching.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 09:35:32 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:20:45 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>>> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

>>Looks good, but not for breakfast.

>Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.
>
>> Does it have coconut milk in it?

>Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.
>
>>Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

>I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
>from a coconut, very refreshing.
>
>>My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>>A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

>I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
>'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.
>
>====
>
> The only thing I use coconut milk in is Chicken Satay and it includes
>peanut butter. D. loves it

As do I, satay is delicious. I don't have it often enough IMO.

====

I wonder what you will be making over the next day or so <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> Nice put down, NOT. So if we don't get up when you do and shop we're all
> lazy butts.

Morning, Joan It's teasing but add a bit of truth and some
get offended. Most people do sleep later. I know I'm not normal.
There is a small bunch that are early birds, out for a morning
walk or shopping. Here in RFC I hear some occasionally mention
parking problems or long lines. No problem very early.

The few times I stayed in bed until 6 or 7 (just being lazy) I
always felt like I had just wasted the best part of the day. Oh
well.

> Time for you bitch about the banks not being open at 6:00 a.m.
> and inconveniencing you.

I left that out since I did bitch about it about 2 months ago.
BTW, I did finally get to the bank about 3 weeks ago and yes...it
was a LONG wait until it finally opened. I was right there
waiting at 9am.

Next is a haircut and again have to wait around until 9am.
Remember, up at 3:30 - 4, and it's 5 hours until they open. yawn~

Worst of all is when I occasionally had to wait until 9 just to
go to work. By time I got started I would think, "Damn, I could
have all this done by now if I could have started by 6-7.
ARRGHH!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 05:29:52 -0400, Gary > wrote:

" wrote:

>> Nice put down, NOT. So if we don't get up when you do and shop we're all
>> lazy butts.

>Morning, Joan It's teasing

Damn, we should have known! When Gary has his man-period, he starts to
tease.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 5:29:50 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

> I left that out since I did bitch about it about 2 months ago.
> BTW, I did finally get to the bank about 3 weeks ago and yes...it
> was a LONG wait until it finally opened. I was right there
> waiting at 9am.

Perhaps you should use the ATM, which is always open.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 5:29:50 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
> > I left that out since I did bitch about it about 2 months ago.
> > BTW, I did finally get to the bank about 3 weeks ago and yes...it
> > was a LONG wait until it finally opened. I was right there
> > waiting at 9am.

> Perhaps you should use the ATM, which is always open.

This was my one or two time/year trip to 'inside' the bank
- transfer some money from one account to another
- deposit some checks
- order new 'box' of checks. Comes in a folder now.
I had misplaced my reorder form so needed to
talk to someone.

A bit much for an ATM, I suspect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:25:50 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 5:29:50 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> >
> > > I left that out since I did bitch about it about 2 months ago.
> > > BTW, I did finally get to the bank about 3 weeks ago and yes...it
> > > was a LONG wait until it finally opened. I was right there
> > > waiting at 9am.

> > Perhaps you should use the ATM, which is always open.

> This was my one or two time/year trip to 'inside' the bank
> - transfer some money from one account to another
> - deposit some checks
> - order new 'box' of checks. Comes in a folder now.
> I had misplaced my reorder form so needed to
> talk to someone.
>
> A bit much for an ATM, I suspect.

I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.

You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 05:56:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:25:50 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Perhaps you should use the ATM, which is always open.

>> This was my one or two time/year trip to 'inside' the bank
>> - transfer some money from one account to another
>> - deposit some checks
>> - order new 'box' of checks. Comes in a folder now.
>> I had misplaced my reorder form so needed to
>> talk to someone.
>>
>> A bit much for an ATM, I suspect.

>I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
>my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.
>
>You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I can transfer money to and from accounts at an ATM, also to other
recipients. However I do it like you, from my computer, in fact all
my banking is online, I don't receive paper from them. When I was
away a lot I didn't care for statements etc sitting in the box for
maybe weeks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
> my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.

At least for now, I don't have a secure connection for bank
issues. I could transfer money if I had one though. It's so
seldom though that I'm ok with a bank visit even though I bitch
about the time of day.

> You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.

Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
$20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
3 days later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/16/2019 8:56 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:25:50 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Perhaps you should use the ATM, which is always open.

>> This was my one or two time/year trip to 'inside' the bank
>> - transfer some money from one account to another
>> - deposit some checks
>> - order new 'box' of checks. Comes in a folder now.
>> I had misplaced my reorder form so needed to
>> talk to someone.
>>
>> A bit much for an ATM, I suspect.

> I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
> my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.
>
> You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

You can also deposit checks with a smart phone too with most banks.

I did make a couple of trips to open an account here but have not been
inside since. I still have my CT accounts and can do everything I need,
except get cash, remotely. I get cash here and can transfer between
banks too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I did make a couple of trips to open an account here but have not been
> inside since. I still have my CT accounts and can do everything I need,
> except get cash, remotely. I get cash here and can transfer between
> banks too.

I always get a bit of cash back from grocery stores each time I
go. This year, I saved enough in small bills to carry me over in
case of a bad hurricane.

This past hurricane (Dorian) I learned a new lesson. Power went
out for 6 hours and because it's still so hot and humid here, I
had to fan myself with the cover of a spiral notebook. Seriously.

Next on list to find is one of those tiny battery operated fans
that run off battery power. That would have been nice to have 2
weeks ago. Yes...I'm a baby Gary sometimes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 9:45:41 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
> > my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.

> At least for now, I don't have a secure connection for bank
> issues. I could transfer money if I had one though. It's so
> seldom though that I'm ok with a bank visit even though I bitch
> about the time of day.
>

> > You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.

> Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
> $20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
> they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
> 100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
> it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
> 3 days later.

Really? 1.5 years? 100 checks would last me 25 years.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I did make a couple of trips to open an account here but have not been
> inside since. I still have my CT accounts and can do everything I need,
> except get cash, remotely. I get cash here and can transfer between
> banks too.

I always get a bit of cash back from grocery stores each time I
go. This year, I saved enough in small bills to carry me over in
case of a bad hurricane.

This past hurricane (Dorian) I learned a new lesson. Power went
out for 6 hours and because it's still so hot and humid here, I
had to fan myself with the cover of a spiral notebook. Seriously.

Next on list to find is one of those tiny battery operated fans
that run off battery power. That would have been nice to have 2
weeks ago. Yes...I'm a baby Gary sometimes.

===

I have one and it works fine

https://www.google.com/search?q=Refr...7_eK WuOafuM:

You can put water in the tray which refreshes more

It runs on batteries but also plugs into the computer

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 9:45:41 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
> > > my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.

> > At least for now, I don't have a secure connection for bank
> > issues. I could transfer money if I had one though. It's so
> > seldom though that I'm ok with a bank visit even though I bitch
> > about the time of day.
> >

> > > You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.

> > Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
> > $20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
> > they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
> > 100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
> > it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
> > 3 days later.

> Really? 1.5 years? 100 checks would last me 25 years.

Only 4 per year? Why bother?
I use 5-6 per month. I'm old school. Still pay the basics by
check.It works for me. I like reading real paper books too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:29:50 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
>
> > Nice put down, NOT. So if we don't get up when you do and shop we're all
> > lazy butts.

> Morning, Joan It's teasing but add a bit of truth and some
> get offended. Most people do sleep later. I know I'm not normal.
> There is a small bunch that are early birds, out for a morning
> walk or shopping. Here in RFC I hear some occasionally mention
> parking problems or long lines. No problem very early.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's ALWAYS your excuse, "I was teasing." That half-
assed apology has gotten old.

> The few times I stayed in bed until 6 or 7 (just being lazy) I
> always felt like I had just wasted the best part of the day. Oh
> well.

Oh well is right. Because you think it you've ruined the best part of the
day doesn't mean the rest of us feel that way.

> > Time for you bitch about the banks not being open at 6:00 a.m.
> > and inconveniencing you.

> I left that out since I did bitch about it about 2 months ago.
> BTW, I did finally get to the bank about 3 weeks ago and yes...it
> was a LONG wait until it finally opened. I was right there
> waiting at 9am.

See Cindy's post about using the ATM.

> Next is a haircut and again have to wait around until 9am.
> Remember, up at 3:30 - 4, and it's 5 hours until they open. yawn~

Boo-hoo, poor Gary has to wait in line or wait until a business is open
because they don't open when the sun rises for his convenience.

> Worst of all is when I occasionally had to wait until 9 just to
> go to work. By time I got started I would think, "Damn, I could
> have all this done by now if I could have started by 6-7.
> ARRGHH!

Would you like a tissue?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 6:25:50 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps you should use the ATM, which is always open.

> This was my one or two time/year trip to 'inside' the bank
> - transfer some money from one account to another

Can be done easily online and since I'm a lazy butt I will confess to doing
this umpteen times. Even when the banks are closed!!! GASP!

> - deposit some checks

Can be done online with a smartphone, if you have one.

> - order new 'box' of checks. Comes in a folder now.

Can be done online.

> I had misplaced my reorder form so needed to
> talk to someone.

Sniff-sniff.

> A bit much for an ATM, I suspect.

Actually, you CAN deposit checks at the ATM a-n-d move money from one
account to another. These new-fangled electronic gadgets are eye-popping.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:56:07 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

You got that right! About a year and half ago I needed to re-order checks
and checked online to get them through my bank. What a shock; well over
$20 for a box of 4 or 5 pads! I got online and searched around for one of
those places that advertise check printing for a nominal fee. A box of
4 or 5 pads of plain blue checks and a couple of check registers were
$6.95. Since I average writing 4 or 5, sometimes 6 checks a year, these
will do me for years to come.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 9:26:33 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 9:45:41 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> >
> > Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
> > $20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
> > they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
> > 100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
> > it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
> > 3 days later.

> Really? 1.5 years? 100 checks would last me 25 years.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Me, too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:56:07 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> You got that right! About a year and half ago I needed to re-order checks
> and checked online to get them through my bank. What a shock; well over
> $20 for a box of 4 or 5 pads! I got online and searched around for one of
> those places that advertise check printing for a nominal fee.

So when "those cheque printing places" print on demand, what
information do they put on the cheques?

Does your bank guarantee to pay out on a cheque they didn't provide?

> A box of
> 4 or 5 pads of plain blue checks and a couple of check registers were
> $6.95. Since I average writing 4 or 5, sometimes 6 checks a year, these
> will do me for years to come.

Here in UK cheques look like this

<http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Life/Money.htm#Cheque>

and are issued by whatever bank holds the account. I've never had a
bank that charged for supplying cheques.

Each cheque comes printed with the name and address of the bank, the
bank's sort-codes, the name of the account holder/signatory, and the
number of the account the cheque is drawn on and the number of the
cheque. My bank supplies them in a tear-off pad called a cheque-book.I
order a new cheque book either at the bank's ATMs or via online banking.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:29:50 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > " wrote:
> >
> > > Nice put down, NOT. So if we don't get up when you do and shop we're all
> > > lazy butts.

> > Morning, Joan It's teasing but add a bit of truth and some
> > get offended. Most people do sleep later. I know I'm not normal.
> > There is a small bunch that are early birds, out for a morning
> > walk or shopping. Here in RFC I hear some occasionally mention
> > parking problems or long lines. No problem very early.
> >

> Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's ALWAYS your excuse, "I was teasing." That half-
> assed apology has gotten old.

Yoose are just stupid and don't realize that it's true. I tease
here all the time and have for years. That's what people here (in
real life) do. Don't be such a plaster-of-paris ass woman.

> > The few times I stayed in bed until 6 or 7 (just being lazy) I
> > always felt like I had just wasted the best part of the day. Oh
> > well.
> >

> Oh well is right. Because you think it you've ruined the best part of the
> day doesn't mean the rest of us feel that way.

Never said that and you know it. It ruined my day but no one here
cares about your day or mine. Just a personal thing.

> Boo-hoo, poor Gary has to wait in line or wait until a business is open
> because they don't open when the sun rises for his convenience.

Definitely boo-hoo for poor Gary but I deal with it then put it
all behind me. Why does that bother you so much? I tell a bit of
my personal feelings and you go all bitch on me. Definitely have
turned into an old biddy. Bruce isn't so dumb afterall. Guess
life has treated you badly and now you're old, alone, and bitter
about how it's "just not fair."

> > Worst of all is when I occasionally had to wait until 9 just to
> > go to work. By time I got started I would think, "Damn, I could
> > have all this done by now if I could have started by 6-7.
> > ARRGHH!
> >

> Would you like a tissue?

Yoose need a full service gardener, that's for sure.
Your mean talk makes me laugh, yet sad for your miserable life.
No one wants to be lonely you.

I would suggest maybe getting a pet ferret to keep you company
but I won't. You would probably abuse the poor thing and make its
short life miserable. Maybe you need to find GOD before you die.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-16 12:01 p.m., Janet wrote:

> Each cheque comes printed with the name and address of the bank, the
> bank's sort-codes, the name of the account holder/signatory, and the
> number of the account the cheque is drawn on and the number of the
> cheque. My bank supplies them in a tear-off pad called a cheque-book.I
> order a new cheque book either at the bank's ATMs or via online banking.

Hmm... ordering cheques online and providing them with your name,
address, bank name and account number. I guess there is no need to
worry about identity theft there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:04:52 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > At least for now, I don't have a secure connection for bank
> > > issues. I could transfer money if I had one though. It's so
> > > seldom though that I'm ok with a bank visit even though I bitch
> > > about the time of day.

> > > Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
> > > $20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
> > > they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
> > > 100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
> > > it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
> > > 3 days later.

> > Really? 1.5 years? 100 checks would last me 25 years.

> Only 4 per year? Why bother?

Because credit card fees are a burden on the few contractors that
I employ, and my township charges an extra fee for electronic
payments. Screw that.

> I use 5-6 per month. I'm old school. Still pay the basics by
> check.It works for me. I like reading real paper books too.

I'm glad it works for you. Everything is automatically billed to
either my credit card or my checking account. I've been doing that
for at least three decades.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 12:01:42 PM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:56:07 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > You got that right! About a year and half ago I needed to re-order checks
> > and checked online to get them through my bank. What a shock; well over
> > $20 for a box of 4 or 5 pads! I got online and searched around for one of
> > those places that advertise check printing for a nominal fee.

> So when "those cheque printing places" print on demand, what
> information do they put on the cheques?
>
> Does your bank guarantee to pay out on a cheque they didn't provide?
>
> > A box of
> > 4 or 5 pads of plain blue checks and a couple of check registers were
> > $6.95. Since I average writing 4 or 5, sometimes 6 checks a year, these
> > will do me for years to come.

> Here in UK cheques look like this
>
> <http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Life/Money.htm#Cheque>

That's generically what they look like in the U.S. About 40 years ago
people decided they wanted their checks to reflect their inner self,
and you can get all sorts of custom paper and fonts:

<https://www.checksunlimited.com/>

Legally, you could grease-pencil your check on the side of a cow,
but most banks have restrictions on what they'll accept.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:45:50 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
>> my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.

>At least for now, I don't have a secure connection for bank
>issues. I could transfer money if I had one though. It's so
>seldom though that I'm ok with a bank visit even though I bitch
>about the time of day.
>

>> You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.

>Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
>$20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
>they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
>100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
>it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
>3 days later.

Checks? You still use checks? And no online banking? You're too young
to be so behind the times. I guess decent Internet would cost a bit of
money and that's a problem?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 08:12:14 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:29:50 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> " wrote:
>>
>> > Nice put down, NOT. So if we don't get up when you do and shop we're all
>> > lazy butts.

>> Morning, Joan It's teasing but add a bit of truth and some
>> get offended. Most people do sleep later. I know I'm not normal.
>> There is a small bunch that are early birds, out for a morning
>> walk or shopping. Here in RFC I hear some occasionally mention
>> parking problems or long lines. No problem very early.
>>

>Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's ALWAYS your excuse, "I was teasing." That half-
>assed apology has gotten old.

I agree. It's the lamest excuse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:01:42 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:56:07 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > You got that right! About a year and half ago I needed to re-order checks
> > and checked online to get them through my bank. What a shock; well over
> > $20 for a box of 4 or 5 pads! I got online and searched around for one of
> > those places that advertise check printing for a nominal fee.

> So when "those cheque printing places" print on demand, what
> information do they put on the cheques?

The same information that is on the checks you purchase from the bank. Your
name, address, phone number if you wish, drivers license number if you wish.
They are the exact same checks you would order from the bank but at a fraction
of the cost. Of course, the check has the bank routing number as well as your
account number.

> Does your bank guarantee to pay out on a cheque they didn't provide?

Yes, why wouldn't they?

I can't speak for other banks but my bank sends out their orders to a check
printing establishment; the bank does not do the actual printing.

> > A box of
> > 4 or 5 pads of plain blue checks and a couple of check registers were
> > $6.95. Since I average writing 4 or 5, sometimes 6 checks a year, these
> > will do me for years to come.

> Here in UK cheques look like this
>
> <http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Life/Money.htm#Cheque>

Ours are quite similar with the exception that the checking account holders
name and address is in the upper left corner.

I would post an image but Postimage.org is acting like a fool and giving me
and 'internal error' message.

> and are issued by whatever bank holds the account. I've never had a
> bank that charged for supplying cheques.

Banks will try to nickel and dime you to death here if you give them the
chance.

> Each cheque comes printed with the name and address of the bank, the
> bank's sort-codes, the name of the account holder/signatory, and the
> number of the account the cheque is drawn on and the number of the
> cheque. My bank supplies them in a tear-off pad called a cheque-book.I
> order a new cheque book either at the bank's ATMs or via online banking.
>
> Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:06:47 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's ALWAYS your excuse, "I was teasing." That half-
> > assed apology has gotten old.

> Yoose are just stupid and don't realize that it's true. I tease
> here all the time and have for years. That's what people here (in
> real life) do. Don't be such a plaster-of-paris ass woman.

*YAWN*

> > > The few times I stayed in bed until 6 or 7 (just being lazy) I
> > > always felt like I had just wasted the best part of the day. Oh
> > > well.
> > >

> > Oh well is right. Because you think it you've ruined the best part of the
> > day doesn't mean the rest of us feel that way.

> Never said that and you know it. It ruined my day but no one here
> cares about your day or mine. Just a personal thing.

Then quit calling people lazy asses because they don't jump out of the bed
when you do.

> > Boo-hoo, poor Gary has to wait in line or wait until a business is open
> > because they don't open when the sun rises for his convenience.

> Definitely boo-hoo for poor Gary but I deal with it then put it
> all behind me. Why does that bother you so much? I tell a bit of
> my personal feelings and you go all bitch on me. Definitely have
> turned into an old biddy. Bruce isn't so dumb afterall. Guess
> life has treated you badly and now you're old, alone, and bitter
> about how it's "just not fair."

There you go on a tangent. We don't get up when you do, we don't shop when
you do, we don't go to the bank when you do so we're all lazy asses. But
when you're called on your judgmental attitude then you come back with "I
was only teasing" then you get defensive and start calling people biddies,
stating they are 'old, alone, and bitter.' You're still the same asshole
I called you months ago.

> > > Worst of all is when I occasionally had to wait until 9 just to
> > > go to work. By time I got started I would think, "Damn, I could
> > > have all this done by now if I could have started by 6-7.
> > > ARRGHH!
> > >

> > Would you like a tissue?

> Yoose need a full service gardener, that's for sure.
> Your mean talk makes me laugh, yet sad for your miserable life.
> No one wants to be lonely you.

There you are with that same old lame ass winky smiley. You make me want
to puke.

> I would suggest maybe getting a pet ferret to keep you company
> but I won't. You would probably abuse the poor thing and make its
> short life miserable. Maybe you need to find GOD before you die.

I wouldn't have one of those weasels if you paid me. Drip. My life is too
full to live with a polecat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:18:12 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-09-16 12:01 p.m., Janet wrote:
>
> > Each cheque comes printed with the name and address of the bank, the
> > bank's sort-codes, the name of the account holder/signatory, and the
> > number of the account the cheque is drawn on and the number of the
> > cheque. My bank supplies them in a tear-off pad called a cheque-book.I
> > order a new cheque book either at the bank's ATMs or via online banking.
> >

> Hmm... ordering cheques online and providing them with your name,
> address, bank name and account number. I guess there is no need to
> worry about identity theft there.

And you think your information is safe just because you're doing business with
a bank?? Dreamer. These online check ordering businesses have been in business
for y e a r s. You don't feel comfortable giving your information out online?
Then you can place your order by the good old postal system.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 12:10:55 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:04:52 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> >
> > > 100 checks would last me 25 years.

> > Only 4 per year? Why bother?

> Because credit card fees are a burden on the few contractors that
> I employ, and my township charges an extra fee for electronic
> payments. Screw that.

Same here.

> > I use 5-6 per month. I'm old school. Still pay the basics by
> > check.It works for me. I like reading real paper books too.

> I'm glad it works for you. Everything is automatically billed to
> either my credit card or my checking account. I've been doing that
> for at least three decades.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Same here, again. I'm sneaking up on paying 95% of all bills and purchases
by credit card or checking account.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 2:54:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:

> > > Only 4 per year? Why bother?

> > Because credit card fees are a burden on the few contractors that
> > I employ, and my township charges an extra fee for electronic
> > payments. Screw that.
> >

> Same here.
> >
> > > I use 5-6 per month. I'm old school. Still pay the basics by
> > > check.It works for me. I like reading real paper books too.

> > I'm glad it works for you. Everything is automatically billed to
> > either my credit card or my checking account. I've been doing that
> > for at least three decades.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Same here, again. I'm sneaking up on paying 95% of all bills and purchases
> by credit card or checking account.

The only thing I have to do manually each month is push money from my
checking account to my credit card to cover that month's balance. From
the comfort of my home computer.

I pay some stuff in cash (restaurant tabs, for example), so 95% might be
about right.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 2:01:19 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> The only thing I have to do manually each month is push money from my
> checking account to my credit card to cover that month's balance. From
> the comfort of my home computer.
>
> I pay some stuff in cash (restaurant tabs, for example), so 95% might be
> about right.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

For ME, banking and paying bills online or having them automatically deducted
from my checking account is the greatest thing since sliced bread. No
expensive stamps to buy (that's another money saver!) and no making sure a
bill in mailed well before its' due date to not incur late charges. Not
having to get out in nasty winter weather to drop stamped bills off at the
post office is simply great.

I found out long ago to not let the postman pick up any letters/bills from
my house if I wanted them to arrive at their destination in a reasonable
amount of time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 8:50:50 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:18:12 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> > On 2019-09-16 12:01 p.m., Janet wrote:
> >
> > > Each cheque comes printed with the name and address of the bank, the
> > > bank's sort-codes, the name of the account holder/signatory, and the
> > > number of the account the cheque is drawn on and the number of the
> > > cheque. My bank supplies them in a tear-off pad called a cheque-book.I
> > > order a new cheque book either at the bank's ATMs or via online banking.
> > >

> > Hmm... ordering cheques online and providing them with your name,
> > address, bank name and account number. I guess there is no need to
> > worry about identity theft there.
> >

> And you think your information is safe just because you're doing business with
> a bank?? Dreamer. These online check ordering businesses have been in business
> for y e a r s. You don't feel comfortable giving your information out online?
> Then you can place your order by the good old postal system.

The company I work for recently had a call from a guy that said he had an unauthorized charge on his card. Someone from Canada purchased a set of hearing aids and paid for it by giving a card number. The aids were sent to him.. The guy calling had demanded that the funds be returned to his account. My boss took the call and then told his wife to refund the money immediately..

His wife said "no." The guy calling had a different name than the guy that made the purchase and they had already received the product. She said the guy had to notify the bank and the bank would straighten the mess out. She suspected a scam and I'm inclined to agree with her. After all, she's smarter than anybody in the office. She's even smarter than me and my wife. I frequently pick her brain.

This is a good lesson for business owners: don't give refunds to any voice on the end of a telephone line. Refer them to the issuing bank. Of course, if the caller was legit, our company will pretty much have to eat the charge. That's just the cost of doing business long distance, I guess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 2:37:56 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> The company I work for recently had a call from a guy that said he had an unauthorized charge on his card. Someone from Canada purchased a set of hearing aids and paid for it by giving a card number. The aids were sent to him. The guy calling had demanded that the funds be returned to his account. My boss took the call and then told his wife to refund the money immediately.
>
> His wife said "no." The guy calling had a different name than the guy that made the purchase and they had already received the product. She said the guy had to notify the bank and the bank would straighten the mess out. She suspected a scam and I'm inclined to agree with her. After all, she's smarter than anybody in the office. She's even smarter than me and my wife. I frequently pick her brain.

Yes, the first person he should have called was the bank and like the owners
wife said, let the bank sort it out. Sounds like a scam to me as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>On Monday, September 16, 2019 Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > I can't recall if you can transfer money at an ATM. I always do it from
>> > my home PC. Deposits can be done at an ATM.

>> At least for now, I don't have a secure connection for bank
>> issues. I could transfer money if I had one though. It's so
>> seldom though that I'm ok with a bank visit even though I bitch
>> about the time of day.
>> >
>> > You can order checks online. They don't have to come from your bank.

>> Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
>> $20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
>> they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
>> 100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
>> it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
>> 3 days later.

>Really? 1.5 years? 100 checks would last me 25 years.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

For me 100 checks lasts me about ten years.. I had to go into the bank
this past week because I got one of those letters about inactivity. so
I had to sign the form and give it to a teller. I'm glad I went as
there's a new teller tranfered from a different branch, she's about 45
years old, very pleasant, and HOT HOT HOT! I've just got to work up
the courage to tell her that she gets the My Pillows Award... I will
be visiting the bank a lot more often now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> At least for now, I don't have a secure connection for bank
>>> issues. I could transfer money if I had one though. It's so
>>> seldom though that I'm ok with a bank visit even though I bitch
>>> about the time of day.

>>> Back in the day, ordering checks from my bank cost me about
>>> $20.00. Several times I ordered checks by mail for way less and
>>> they worked fine. This order (from the bank) cost me nothing for
>>> 100 new checks. Those will last about 1.5 years. She also told me
>>> it will take 2-3 weeks until I get them. They were in my mailbox
>>> 3 days later.

>> Really? 1.5 years? 100 checks would last me 25 years.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> For me 100 checks lasts me about ten years.. I had to go into the bank
> this past week because I got one of those letters about inactivity. so
> I had to sign the form and give it to a teller. I'm glad I went as
> there's a new teller tranfered from a different branch, she's about 45
> years old, very pleasant, and HOT HOT HOT! I've just got to work up
> the courage to tell her that she gets the My Pillows Award... I will
> be visiting the bank a lot more often now.

Does the old wetback know bout this Popeye?