Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_55_] Jeßus[_55_] is offline

Default Breakfast today.

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 04:06:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:13:43 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Looks good, but not for breakfast.

>> Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.

>It's not a rule. I just don't desire that sort of thing for breakfast
>
>> > Does it have coconut milk in it?

>> Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.
>>
>> >Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

>> I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
>> from a coconut, very refreshing.

>I like fresh coconut meat, and dried unsweetened coconut. Just not
>the liquid that's expressed from the flesh.

Fair enough. I find it delicious and refreshing in a hot climate. It
can be bought here either still in the coconut itself (top opened,
with a straw), or in a small plastic bag (with a straw) with shredded
meat at the bottom.

>> >My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>> >A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

>> I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
>> 'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.

>Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
>including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
>I woke up at 3:45.

Much like me, an early riser. I'm lucky to get 3 hours solid sleep. I
usually get out of bed between 4:30-6AM, have 2 coffees while I offend
people on Usenet, then go for an one hour walk. Then maybe eat some
fruit... then have brunch later.