Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast today.

Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-13 10:20 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

I am going to have to give green curry another try... in a restaurant. I
tried making it at home once and the results were horrible.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 22:49:35 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-09-13 10:20 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/
>>

>I am going to have to give green curry another try... in a restaurant. I
>tried making it at home once and the results were horrible.

Anything out of a jar is not good. The curry paste really needs to be
made from scratch. You can make a nice green curry in the West, but
it's very difficult to find all the authentic ingredients, such as the
eggplant:
http://www.plantnames.unimelb.edu.au...-eggplants.jpg
IMO, don't even bother unless you can source some fresh kaffir lime
leaves. They really make the dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

I had cottage cheese with cold, fried apples. No pic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 22:03:08 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

>I had cottage cheese with cold, fried apples. No pic.

Interesting, I would like to try that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
> > Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

> I had cottage cheese with cold, fried apples. No pic.

That sounds good - especially if the apples were fried in a
little butter and brown sugar then all served very cold as a
dessert dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 05:55:50 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> > Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

>> I had cottage cheese with cold, fried apples. No pic.

>That sounds good - especially if the apples were fried in a
>little butter and brown sugar then all served very cold as a
>dessert dish.

Sugar for baby Gary, the average American.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:20:45 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

Looks good, but not for breakfast. Does it have coconut milk in it?
Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

CIndy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:20:45 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

>Looks good, but not for breakfast. Does it have coconut milk in it?
>Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

Must be the xanthan gum. Try organic next time

>My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

I'd leave out the raisins, the sugar, the butter and the milk. But who
wants just oatmeal? So I'd leave that out too.

I'll have a choice of fried egg, fried black beans, bread, hummus,
chilli pepper, pickled green peppers, bubbly water and coffee. A
choice of that, not all of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>
> >Julie Bove wrote:
> >> I had cottage cheese with cold, fried apples. No pic.

> >That sounds good - especially if the apples were fried in a
> >little butter and brown sugar then all served very cold as a
> >dessert dish.

> Sugar for baby Gary, the average American.

All chemical compounds scare you. lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.

That's my recipe too but for occasional late snack, not
breakfast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 08:05:40 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.

>That's my recipe too but for occasional late snack, not
>breakfast.

Ah, sugar again
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:
> http://www.plantnames.unimelb.edu.au...-eggplants.jpg

Interesting pic. All eggplant varieties? Looking at the white one
on bottom left of your picture, I can see how they got the name.
Those white ones look just like chicken eggs. eggplant
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:04:14 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:

> > >That sounds good - especially if the apples were fried in a
> > >little butter and brown sugar then all served very cold as a
> > >dessert dish.

> > Sugar for baby Gary, the average American.

> All chemical compounds scare you. lol

Dihydrogen monoxide. It's a killer.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

After serious thinking Bruce wrote :
> Sugar for baby Gary, the average American.

Tampons for Bruce, the average Aussie butthurt wankstain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Casa de Masa wrote:
> After serious thinking Bruce wrote :
>> Sugar for baby Gary, the average American.
>>

> Tampons for Bruce, the average Aussie butthurt wankstain.

He's getting as bad as Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:20:45 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

>Looks good, but not for breakfast.

Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.

> Does it have coconut milk in it?

Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.

>Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
from a coconut, very refreshing.

>My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:20:45 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

>Looks good, but not for breakfast.

Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.

> Does it have coconut milk in it?

Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.

>Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
from a coconut, very refreshing.

>My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.

====

The only thing I use coconut milk in is Chicken Satay and it includes
peanut butter. D. loves it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:13:43 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:20:45 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
> >> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

> >Looks good, but not for breakfast.

> Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.

It's not a rule. I just don't desire that sort of thing for breakfast

> > Does it have coconut milk in it?

> Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.
>
> >Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

> I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
> from a coconut, very refreshing.

I like fresh coconut meat, and dried unsweetened coconut. Just not
the liquid that's expressed from the flesh.

> >My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
> >A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

> I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
> 'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.

Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
I woke up at 3:45.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
> including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
> I woke up at 3:45.

Same here, Cindy except I never set my alarm anymore. I just
always wake up really early without it. I really do like the
pre-dawn hours of each day. I always go out early and see the
pre-dawn sky which can be impressive with a partly cloudy sky,
it's very quiet out as all the party people finally pass out and
sleep. Also, I occasionally get to see rockets launched into
space early when the sky is clear from Wallops Island which is a
bit to the north of me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
> including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
> I woke up at 3:45.

Same here, Cindy except I never set my alarm anymore. I just
always wake up really early without it. I really do like the
pre-dawn hours of each day. I always go out early and see the
pre-dawn sky which can be impressive with a partly cloudy sky,
it's very quiet out as all the party people finally pass out and
sleep. Also, I occasionally get to see rockets launched into
space early when the sky is clear from Wallops Island which is a
bit to the north of me.

====

Sounds lovely)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 8:23 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
>> including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
>> I woke up at 3:45.

> Same here, Cindy except I never set my alarm anymore. I just
> always wake up really early without it. I really do like the
> pre-dawn hours of each day. I always go out early and see the
> pre-dawn sky which can be impressive with a partly cloudy sky,
> it's very quiet out as all the party people finally pass out and
> sleep. Also, I occasionally get to see rockets launched into
> space early when the sky is clear from Wallops Island which is a
> bit to the north of me.

I was up at 4 AM this morning. Took a leak and went back to bed. I go
to bed about midnight and get up around 7:30 or 8. I'm very comfortable
with that. Years ago I used to watch Carson every night but that era is
gone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 10:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/15/2019 8:23 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Depends what time you get up.Â* My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
>>> including weekends.Â* I'm rarely asleep by that time, though.Â* Today
>>> I woke up at 3:45.

>> Same here, Cindy except I never set my alarm anymore. I just
>> always wake up really early without it. I really do like the
>> pre-dawn hours of each day. I always go out early and see the
>> pre-dawn sky which can be impressive with a partly cloudy sky,
>> it's very quiet out as all the party people finally pass out and
>> sleep.Â* Also, I occasionally get to see rockets launched into
>> space early when the sky is clear from Wallops Island which is a
>> bit to the north of me.
>>

> I was up at 4 AM this morning.Â* Took a leak and went back to bed.Â* I go
> to bed about midnight and get up around 7:30 or 8.Â* I'm very comfortable
> with that.Â* Years ago I used to watch Carson every night but that era is
> gone.

I sleep as long as I need to. Stay up as late as I want to. Go to bed
when I feel like it. Sometimes I wake up at 4AM, sometimes I don't. I
don't think it makes me a better a person to wake up at the crack of
dawn. Gary has said he goes to the grocery store that early. Grocery
stores around here aren't open then. Sure, I could get up and watch the
sun rise. Nothing really spectacular about it. The sunsets are usually
prettier.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 10:43:50 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/15/2019 8:23 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> Depends what time you get up. My alarm goes off at 4 am every day,
> >> including weekends. I'm rarely asleep by that time, though. Today
> >> I woke up at 3:45.

> > Same here, Cindy except I never set my alarm anymore. I just
> > always wake up really early without it. I really do like the
> > pre-dawn hours of each day. I always go out early and see the
> > pre-dawn sky which can be impressive with a partly cloudy sky,
> > it's very quiet out as all the party people finally pass out and
> > sleep. Also, I occasionally get to see rockets launched into
> > space early when the sky is clear from Wallops Island which is a
> > bit to the north of me.
> >

> I was up at 4 AM this morning. Took a leak and went back to bed. I go
> to bed about midnight and get up around 7:30 or 8. I'm very comfortable
> with that. Years ago I used to watch Carson every night but that era is
> gone.

I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise. I'm not sure I've ever seen
Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I sleep as long as I need to. Stay up as late as I want to. Go to bed
> when I feel like it. Sometimes I wake up at 4AM, sometimes I don't. I
> don't think it makes me a better a person to wake up at the crack of
> dawn. Gary has said he goes to the grocery store that early. Grocery
> stores around here aren't open then. Sure, I could get up and watch the
> sun rise. Nothing really spectacular about it. The sunsets are usually
> prettier.

Yoose aren't able to compare both unless you see both often.

This is not a contest, Jill. Getting up way early doesn't make
anyone a better person, just a different one. I've gotten up
pre-dawn ever since I was age 17 and was standing on the beach
waiting for it to get light enough to start surfing. I beat the
crowd that way. It's not the sunrise that's impressive but the
pre-dawn sky when there are some clouds.

Not many people see that and it's sad that they all miss it.
Sleepy heads. Then since I'm up so early, I can get all my
shopping chores over with early and free up my day for whatever.
Walmart is open 24/7. The rare times I go there is about 5am. No
crowds, no waiting in lines.

From there, my grocery stores open by 6am so I can stop by there
and get all the grocery shopping out of the way early too (while
all the sleepy heads are still snoozing away). Again, store all
to myself..no crowds, no parking problems, no waiting in long
lines.

It works for me. Your lazy old butt can stay in bed with a book
all day long as far as I'm concerned.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-15 10:01 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 10:43:50 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Same here, Cindy except I never set my alarm anymore. I just
>>> always wake up really early without it. I really do like the
>>> pre-dawn hours of each day. I always go out early and see the
>>> pre-dawn sky which can be impressive with a partly cloudy sky,
>>> it's very quiet out as all the party people finally pass out and
>>> sleep. Also, I occasionally get to see rockets launched into
>>> space early when the sky is clear from Wallops Island which is a
>>> bit to the north of me.
>>>

>> I was up at 4 AM this morning. Took a leak and went back to bed. I go
>> to bed about midnight and get up around 7:30 or 8. I'm very comfortable
>> with that. Years ago I used to watch Carson every night but that era is
>> gone.

> I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise. I'm not sure I've ever seen
> Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.

It's not worth watching anyway!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > I sleep as long as I need to. Stay up as late as I want to. Go to
> > bed when I feel like it. Sometimes I wake up at 4AM, sometimes I
> > don't. I don't think it makes me a better a person to wake up at
> > the crack of dawn. Gary has said he goes to the grocery store that
> > early. Grocery stores around here aren't open then. Sure, I could
> > get up and watch the sun rise. Nothing really spectacular about
> > it. The sunsets are usually prettier.

> Yoose aren't able to compare both unless you see both often.
>
> This is not a contest, Jill. Getting up way early doesn't make
> anyone a better person, just a different one. I've gotten up
> pre-dawn ever since I was age 17 and was standing on the beach
> waiting for it to get light enough to start surfing. I beat the
> crowd that way. It's not the sunrise that's impressive but the
> pre-dawn sky when there are some clouds.
>
> Not many people see that and it's sad that they all miss it.
> Sleepy heads. Then since I'm up so early, I can get all my
> shopping chores over with early and free up my day for whatever.
> Walmart is open 24/7. The rare times I go there is about 5am. No
> crowds, no waiting in lines.
>
> From there, my grocery stores open by 6am so I can stop by there
> and get all the grocery shopping out of the way early too (while
> all the sleepy heads are still snoozing away). Again, store all
> to myself..no crowds, no parking problems, no waiting in long
> lines.

We do indeed have a lot of 24/7 shopping here. While not all Krogers
are (at least I don't think they all are), when I used to shop there it
was because I was a shift worker and they were open at 2am. I predate
Harris Teeters here and they may not have been 24/7 at the start.

There used to be a grocery on Rosemont (Goodwill now) that had odd
hours because most of their sales were later night workers and folks on
the way home from work. They opened at 5am and closed about 8pm.
Unlike others, the deli was fully manned at 5am which made it very
popular.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

> > I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise. I'm not sure I've ever seen
> > Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.
> >

> It's not worth watching anyway!

not now it isn't. Back in the beginning days it was good but that
might only be because I was a pot smoker then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:32:03 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-09-15 10:01 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I was up at 4 AM this morning. Took a leak and went back to bed. I go
>>> to bed about midnight and get up around 7:30 or 8. I'm very comfortable
>>> with that. Years ago I used to watch Carson every night but that era is
>>> gone.

>> I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise. I'm not sure I've ever seen
>> Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.
>>

>It's not worth watching anyway!

Agreed. SNL used to be entertaining but not for many years now... I
stopped watching it I'll guess 20 years ago, maybe longer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:32:03 -0600, graham > wrote:

> >> I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise. I'm not sure I've ever seen
> >> Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.
> >>

> >It's not worth watching anyway!

> Agreed. SNL used to be entertaining but not for many years now... I
> stopped watching it I'll guess 20 years ago, maybe longer.

I remember the first broadcast eons ago, c. 1974 when I was in college. Those first few seasons were hip, funny, and revolutionary, something new and exciting and different...now SO tired...

Haven't watched since the 90's, now it seems as antique as Snooky Lanson and "Your Hit Parade"...

Speaking of YHP, now she is forgotten but Gisèle MacKenzie was not only a fine (Canadian) songbird, but also very sexy, she reminds me of Marie Windsor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_MacKenzie

"She was born Gisèle Marie Louise Marguerite LaFlèche in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and studied violin and voice at The Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Ontario. She had at least two Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio programs, Meet Gisèle, where she played hostess to Jack Benny, Clark Gable, Loretta Young, Fred Astaire, James Stewart, and others, and Gisele and Mr. Cable. She moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1951 to replace The Andrews Sisters on CBS Radio's daily program, Club Fifteen, starring Bob Crosby, where she alternated as regular vocalist with Jo Stafford. She became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1955.

Her biggest selling song was "Hard To Get" in 1955. She was also an accomplished classical violinist, who studied at The Royal Conservatory of Music and performed many comedic musical duets with mentor Jack Benny. In an often-played clip, she and Benny perform a violin duet of "Getting to Know You", in which she breaks their synchronization several times to add some extra musical flourishes, to his mock irritation. Finally, he breaks in with a lengthy (and stereotypically mediocre) flourish of his own, and evokes audience laughter with mock indignation: "Fool around with ME, sister!..."

YOUR HIT PARADE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Hit_Parade

"On the TV series, vocalists Dorothy Collins (1950€“57, 1958-59), Russell Arms (1952€“57), Snooky Lanson (1950€“57) and Gisèle MacKenzie (1953€“57) were top-billed during the show's peak years.. During this time, MacKenzie had her own hit record in 1955 with "Hard to Get" which climbed to the #5 ranking in June 1955 and stayed on the charts for 16 weeks. She also starred in her own NBC variety program, The Gisele MacKenzie Show from 1957€“1958, a series produced by her mentor, Jack Benny.

The show faded with the rise of rock and roll when the performance became more important than the song. It is said that big band singer Snooky Lanson's weekly attempts to perform Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" hit in 1956 hastened the end of the series. The series went from NBC (where it became the first TV show to contain the living color peacock) to CBS in 1958 and expired the following year. While Your Hit Parade was unable to deal with the rock revolution, the show's imaginative production concepts had an obvious influence on the wave of music videos that began in the decade that followed..."

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:50:28 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/15/2019 10:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Same here, Cindy except I never set my alarm anymore. I just
>>> always wake up really early without it. I really do like the
>>> pre-dawn hours of each day. I always go out early and see the
>>> pre-dawn sky which can be impressive with a partly cloudy sky,
>>> it's very quiet out as all the party people finally pass out and
>>> sleep.Â* Also, I occasionally get to see rockets launched into
>>> space early when the sky is clear from Wallops Island which is a
>>> bit to the north of me.
>>>

>> I was up at 4 AM this morning.Â* Took a leak and went back to bed.Â* I go
>> to bed about midnight and get up around 7:30 or 8.Â* I'm very comfortable
>> with that.Â* Years ago I used to watch Carson every night but that era is
>> gone.

>I sleep as long as I need to. Stay up as late as I want to. Go to bed
>when I feel like it. Sometimes I wake up at 4AM, sometimes I don't.

What? And you still manage to post here?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 3:10 PM, GM wrote:

>>> It's not worth watching anyway!

>> Agreed. SNL used to be entertaining but not for many years now... I
>> stopped watching it I'll guess 20 years ago, maybe longer.

> I remember the first broadcast eons ago, c. 1974 when I was in college. Those first few seasons were hip, funny, and revolutionary, something new and exciting and different...now SO tired...
>
> Haven't watched since the 90's, now it seems as antique as Snooky Lanson and "Your Hit Parade"...
>
> Speaking of YHP, now she is forgotten but Gisèle MacKenzie was not only a fine (Canadian) songbird, but also very sexy, she reminds me of Marie Windsor:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_MacKenzie
>
> "She was born Gisèle Marie Louise Marguerite LaFlèche in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and studied violin and voice at The Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Ontario. She had at least two Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio programs, Meet Gisèle, where she played hostess to Jack Benny, Clark Gable, Loretta Young, Fred Astaire, James Stewart, and others, and Gisele and Mr. Cable. She moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1951 to replace The Andrews Sisters on CBS Radio's daily program, Club Fifteen, starring Bob Crosby, where she alternated as regular vocalist with Jo Stafford. She became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1955.
>

> YOUR HIT PARADE:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Hit_Parade
>
> "On the TV series, vocalists Dorothy Collins (1950€“57, 1958-59), Russell Arms (1952€“57), Snooky Lanson (1950€“57) and Gisèle MacKenzie (1953€“57) were top-billed during the show's peak years. During this time, MacKenzie had her own hit record in 1955 with "Hard to Get" which climbed to the #5 ranking in June 1955 and stayed on the charts for 16 weeks. She also starred in her own NBC variety program, The Gisele MacKenzie Show from 1957€“1958, a series produced by her mentor, Jack Benny.

My parents had that on the TV every week. You can still watch it on
YouTube.

Yesterday I was channel surfing and out local PBS station was showing
the Lawrence Welk Show. That was big years ago too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 12:10:26 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Sheldon wrote:

>> >It's not worth watching anyway!

>> Agreed. SNL used to be entertaining but not for many years now... I
>> stopped watching it I'll guess 20 years ago, maybe longer.

>I remember the first broadcast eons ago, c. 1974 when I was in college. Those first few seasons were hip, funny, and revolutionary, something new and exciting and different...now SO tired...
>
>Haven't watched since the 90's, now it seems as antique as Snooky Lanson and "Your Hit Parade"...
>
>Speaking of YHP, now she is forgotten but Gisèle MacKenzie was not only a fine (Canadian) songbird, but also very sexy, she reminds me of Marie Windsor:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_MacKenzie

She's hot, I like her puss.

>"She was born Gisèle Marie Louise Marguerite LaFlèche in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and studied violin and voice at The Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Ontario. She had at least two Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio programs, Meet Gisèle, where she played hostess to Jack Benny, Clark Gable, Loretta Young, Fred Astaire, James Stewart, and others, and Gisele and Mr. Cable. She moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1951 to replace The Andrews Sisters on CBS Radio's daily program, Club Fifteen, starring Bob Crosby, where she alternated as regular vocalist with Jo Stafford. She became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1955.
>
>Her biggest selling song was "Hard To Get" in 1955. She was also an accomplished classical violinist, who studied at The Royal Conservatory of Music and performed many comedic musical duets with mentor Jack Benny. In an often-played clip, she and Benny perform a violin duet of "Getting to Know You", in which she breaks their synchronization several times to add some extra musical flourishes, to his mock irritation. Finally, he breaks in with a lengthy (and stereotypically mediocre) flourish of his own, and evokes audience laughter with mock indignation: "Fool around with ME, sister!..."
>

>YOUR HIT PARADE:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Hit_Parade
>
>"On the TV series, vocalists Dorothy Collins (1950–57, 1958-59), Russell Arms (1952–57), Snooky Lanson (1950–57) and Gisèle MacKenzie (1953–57) were top-billed during the show's peak years. During this time, MacKenzie had her own hit record in 1955 with "Hard to Get" which climbed to the #5 ranking in June 1955 and stayed on the charts for 16 weeks. She also starred in her own NBC variety program, The Gisele MacKenzie Show from 1957–1958, a series produced by her mentor, Jack Benny.
>
>The show faded with the rise of rock and roll when the performance became more important than the song. It is said that big band singer Snooky Lanson's weekly attempts to perform Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" hit in 1956 hastened the end of the series. The series went from NBC (where it became the first TV show to contain the living color peacock) to CBS in 1958 and expired the following year. While Your Hit Parade was unable to deal with the rock revolution, the show's imaginative production concepts had an obvious influence on the wave of music videos that began in the decade that followed..."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 12:10:26 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Sheldon wrote:

>> >It's not worth watching anyway!

>> Agreed. SNL used to be entertaining but not for many years now... I
>> stopped watching it I'll guess 20 years ago, maybe longer.

The best skits featured Mango.

>I remember the first broadcast eons ago, c. 1974 when I was in college. Those first few seasons were hip, funny, and revolutionary, something new and exciting and different...now SO tired...
>
>Haven't watched since the 90's, now it seems as antique as Snooky Lanson and "Your Hit Parade"...
>
>Speaking of YHP, now she is forgotten but Gisèle MacKenzie was not only a fine (Canadian) songbird, but also very sexy, she reminds me of Marie Windsor:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_MacKenzie
>
>"She was born Gisèle Marie Louise Marguerite LaFlèche in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and studied violin and voice at The Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Ontario. She had at least two Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio programs, Meet Gisèle, where she played hostess to Jack Benny, Clark Gable, Loretta Young, Fred Astaire, James Stewart, and others, and Gisele and Mr. Cable. She moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1951 to replace The Andrews Sisters on CBS Radio's daily program, Club Fifteen, starring Bob Crosby, where she alternated as regular vocalist with Jo Stafford. She became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1955.
>
>Her biggest selling song was "Hard To Get" in 1955. She was also an accomplished classical violinist, who studied at The Royal Conservatory of Music and performed many comedic musical duets with mentor Jack Benny. In an often-played clip, she and Benny perform a violin duet of "Getting to Know You", in which she breaks their synchronization several times to add some extra musical flourishes, to his mock irritation. Finally, he breaks in with a lengthy (and stereotypically mediocre) flourish of his own, and evokes audience laughter with mock indignation: "Fool around with ME, sister!..."
>

>YOUR HIT PARADE:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Hit_Parade
>
>"On the TV series, vocalists Dorothy Collins (1950–57, 1958-59), Russell Arms (1952–57), Snooky Lanson (1950–57) and Gisèle MacKenzie (1953–57) were top-billed during the show's peak years. During this time, MacKenzie had her own hit record in 1955 with "Hard to Get" which climbed to the #5 ranking in June 1955 and stayed on the charts for 16 weeks. She also starred in her own NBC variety program, The Gisele MacKenzie Show from 1957–1958, a series produced by her mentor, Jack Benny.
>
>The show faded with the rise of rock and roll when the performance became more important than the song. It is said that big band singer Snooky Lanson's weekly attempts to perform Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" hit in 1956 hastened the end of the series. The series went from NBC (where it became the first TV show to contain the living color peacock) to CBS in 1958 and expired the following year. While Your Hit Parade was unable to deal with the rock revolution, the show's imaginative production concepts had an obvious influence on the wave of music videos that began in the decade that followed..."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-15 11:03 a.m., Gary wrote:
> graham wrote:
>>
>>> I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise. I'm not sure I've ever seen
>>> Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.
>>>

>> It's not worth watching anyway!

> not now it isn't. Back in the beginning days it was good but that
> might only be because I was a pot smoker then.

Whenever I have watched it, they have broken the cardinal rule of sketch
comedy: they don't act seriously with straight faces! They therefore
ruin any comedic effect.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-15 12:01 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise. I'm not sure I've ever
> seen Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.

We never used to miss it back in the 1970s when it was funny. It has had
its ups and downs over the years. They used to have a lot of variety
and short, funny sketches. These days I rarely make it through the
first sketch before I get bored and change channels.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-15 12:32 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2019-09-15 10:01 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

ne.

>> I've always been early-to-bed, early-to-rise.Â* I'm not sure I've ever
>> seen
>> Saturday Night Live except as clips on Youtube.
>>

> It's not worth watching anyway!

Not even with recreational pot being legal now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 11:24:44 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > I sleep as long as I need to. Stay up as late as I want to. Go to bed
> > when I feel like it. Sometimes I wake up at 4AM, sometimes I don't. I
> > don't think it makes me a better a person to wake up at the crack of
> > dawn. Gary has said he goes to the grocery store that early. Grocery
> > stores around here aren't open then. Sure, I could get up and watch the
> > sun rise. Nothing really spectacular about it. The sunsets are usually
> > prettier.

> Yoose aren't able to compare both unless you see both often.
>
> This is not a contest, Jill. Getting up way early doesn't make
> anyone a better person, just a different one. I've gotten up
> pre-dawn ever since I was age 17 and was standing on the beach
> waiting for it to get light enough to start surfing. I beat the
> crowd that way. It's not the sunrise that's impressive but the
> pre-dawn sky when there are some clouds.
>
> Not many people see that and it's sad that they all miss it.
> Sleepy heads. Then since I'm up so early, I can get all my
> shopping chores over with early and free up my day for whatever.
> Walmart is open 24/7. The rare times I go there is about 5am. No
> crowds, no waiting in lines.
>
> From there, my grocery stores open by 6am so I can stop by there
> and get all the grocery shopping out of the way early too (while
> all the sleepy heads are still snoozing away). Again, store all
> to myself..no crowds, no parking problems, no waiting in long
> lines.
>
> It works for me. Your lazy old butt can stay in bed with a book
> all day long as far as I'm concerned.

Nice put down, NOT. So if we don't get up when you do and shop we're all
lazy butts. Time for you bitch about the banks not being open at 6:00 a.m.
and inconveniencing you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 09:35:32 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:20:45 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>>> Green curry (chicken) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1hg8wz4fo/

>>Looks good, but not for breakfast.

>Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.
>
>> Does it have coconut milk in it?

>Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.
>
>>Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

>I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
>from a coconut, very refreshing.
>
>>My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>>A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

>I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
>'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.
>
>====
>
> The only thing I use coconut milk in is Chicken Satay and it includes
>peanut butter. D. loves it

As do I, satay is delicious. I don't have it often enough IMO.