Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default recreating lost posts

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 7:35:45 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:15:07 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 11:41:41 +0100, Janet > wrote:
> >
> >>In article >,
> says...

> >> The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
> >>obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.

> >Americans, British and Australians are exactly the same in that
> >regard. Pick a team and then rely on confirmation bias to release
> >those endorphins.

> I don't think the British or the Australians would have elected a
> schmuck like Trump. Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.
> The same for Abbott, for instance. He was bad, but not THAT bad.

I liked Trump much better than Hillary. However, I would have liked Rand Paul or Ben Carson for Prez.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >I don't care if it is a man or woman.

> Me neither, but because it's never been a woman before, that would be
> a good thing.

Why a good thing if some man was a better choice, Bruce?
Did your wife tell you to say that?

Again, your foreign opinion is welcome and read but still
worthless.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:
> I liked Trump much better than Hillary. However, I would have liked Rand Paul or Ben Carson for Prez.

I ended up voting for Rand Paul even though I knew he wouldn't
win. He wasn't even invited to the final debates and I think that
was wrong. IMO, anyone that will be on the voting ticket should
be included in the last debates. From all the available choices
we had, I thought he the best choice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

> > > LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
> > > Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
> > > but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
> > > political figures.

> > I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
> > lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
> > easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
> > and tells it again.

> The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
> obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.
>
> Janet UK

No, it's not a gun thing. My husband owns more guns than shoes and he
thinks Trump is an asshole.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 21:35:37 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:15:07 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 11:41:41 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>>
>>>In article >,
says...

>>> The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
>>>obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.

>>Americans, British and Australians are exactly the same in that
>>regard. Pick a team and then rely on confirmation bias to release
>>those endorphins.

>I don't think the British or the Australians would have elected a
>schmuck like Trump.

Well, definitely not. But my point was how most people choose a side
in politics and stick to it for no rational reason.

>Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.

I've always thought he was an imbecile, but I have to admit he's doing
EXACTLY what I want to see Brexit. So for now I'm open-minded
about him.

>The same for Abbott, for instance. He was bad, but not THAT bad.

OMG, really?? He's a classic example of a sociopath. Literally.
Do you know his history in detail?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 05:10:30 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 7:35:45 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

>> says...

>> >Americans, British and Australians are exactly the same in that
>> >regard. Pick a team and then rely on confirmation bias to release
>> >those endorphins.

>> I don't think the British or the Australians would have elected a
>> schmuck like Trump. Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.
>> The same for Abbott, for instance. He was bad, but not THAT bad.

>I liked Trump much better than Hillary. However, I would have liked Rand Paul or Ben Carson for Prez.

A lot of Democrats voted for Trump, that's how much they hated
Hillary. That says a lot about her.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-03 6:11 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 3:11:19 AM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:

>> LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
>> Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
>> but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
>> political figures.

> I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
> lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
> easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
> and tells it again.

One of his tactics when caught in a lie is to dismiss it as fake news,
That is what he did when he denied making disparaging remarks about
Justin Trudeau during trade negotiations. He denied the remarks, but
when a tape of the comments proved that he had made those remarks he
dismissed the incident as fake news.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:

> And as always, when you haven't a proper counter argument, you resort
> to being a child. I'm not even going to bother to dissect your
> comments.

I gave you a proper counter argument but it wasn't your opinion
so you resort to name calling as always.

> >Just remember though... "Everyone wants to be us!" lol

> Name one country. Just one will do.

Ever watch world news? Ever hear about all the illegals trying to
get into the USA from our southern border either legal or not?

None represent a whole country if that's your trick phrase but
thousands of people regardless and every single one of those
people "want to be us."

Funny too: And all this from me laughing about people that can't
go anywhere without their cell phones.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> >Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.

> I've always thought he was an imbecile, but I have to admit he's doing
> EXACTLY what I want to see Brexit. So for now I'm open-minded
> about him.

Absolutely none of your business too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:35:14 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> >There are many worse countries than the US. Take Saudi Arabia, China,
> >Russia, Mozambique, to name a few. But what's the point of criticizing
> >those countries? Where do you even begin? Maybe I'd do it if I were
> >surrounded by a bunch of Saudi Arabians here who think they live in
> >the best country in the world.

> What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
> the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
> here.

How am I supposed to know what you say in other groups? If you
don't say it here, naturally I don't know about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-03 7:13 a.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 05:10:30 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> > wrote:

>>> I don't think the British or the Australians would have elected a
>>> schmuck like Trump. Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.
>>> The same for Abbott, for instance. He was bad, but not THAT bad.

>> I liked Trump much better than Hillary. However, I would have liked Rand Paul or Ben Carson for Prez.

> A lot of Democrats voted for Trump, that's how much they hated
> Hillary. That says a lot about her.

But she still won the popular vote!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-03 7:36 a.m., Gary wrote:
> "Jeßus" wrote:
>>
>> And as always, when you haven't a proper counter argument, you resort
>> to being a child. I'm not even going to bother to dissect your
>> comments.

> I gave you a proper counter argument but it wasn't your opinion
> so you resort to name calling as always.
>
>>> Just remember though... "Everyone wants to be us!" lol

>> Name one country. Just one will do.

> Ever watch world news? Ever hear about all the illegals trying to
> get into the USA from our southern border either legal or not?
>
> None represent a whole country if that's your trick phrase but
> thousands of people regardless and every single one of those
> people "want to be us."

Perhaps you should look at international news from time to time and see
what's happening in Europe and Australia.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2019 12:43 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 23:56:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
>>> ancestor, but she was wrong to call herself a native American. Isn't
>>> that right?

>>> Pocahontas might be too progressive for many Americans. On the other
>>> hand Trump's trailing behind against just about everybody else. On the
>>> third hand, he was also trailing behind in the polls the last time,
>>> when he won.
>>>
>>> It would be good if it was a woman this time, though.
>>>

>> I don't care if it is a man or woman.

> Me neither, but because it's never been a woman before, that would be
> a good thing. Although Margaret Thatcher's a disappointing example
> from the past.
>
>> I just want someone capable and
>> sensible. None like that seem to be running this time around.

> For you, but you're middle of the road, leaning to the right. Maybe
> after the Trump debacle, there are many middle of the road Americans
> leaning a bit more to the left. They might be able to vote for a
> progressive person.

Problem is, the Progressives are way radical too. We certainly need
some changes but not so much to create chaos.

Just read this morning, 90% of Fox listeners are Trump supporters while
90% of NPR listeners are strong liberals and neither will take a common
sense approach and consider the viewpoint of the other.

Too much crazy shit that is not thought out. Get rid of fossil fuels?
Sure, maybe over time but they want to shut down the coal mines. Coal
is used to make the steel needed for the wind turbines. Show me a
sensible plan for it and off we go. There is none.

Bernie says the press is controlled by billionaires. He may be right
but will you get a free and independent press by putting government
controls on it? Will reporters have to wear brown shirts?

Everyone wants to get rid of student debt. NO one is talking about
reducing the cost of college though. The same people that complain
about wealthy CEOs say nothing of the $multi-million packages for
University presidents.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>>> I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
>>> lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
>>> easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
>>> and tells it again.

>> The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
>> obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.
>>
>> Janet UK

> No, it's not a gun thing. My husband owns more guns than shoes and he
> thinks Trump is an asshole.

Same here, but that would be pairs of shoes, not individual shoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-03 9:54 a.m., graham wrote:
> On 2019-09-03 7:36 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> "Jeßus" wrote:

>> None represent a whole country if that's your trick phrase but
>> thousands of people regardless and every single one of those
>> people "want to be us."
>>

> Perhaps you should look at international news from time to time and see
> what's happening in Europe and Australia.

He just looks at the map of Europe and thinks of it as the place where
they would all be speaking German if it were not for the US.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 10:01:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 9/3/2019 12:43 AM, Bruce wrote:

>> Me neither, but because it's never been a woman before, that would be
>> a good thing. Although Margaret Thatcher's a disappointing example
>> from the past.
>>
>>> I just want someone capable and
>>> sensible. None like that seem to be running this time around.

>> For you, but you're middle of the road, leaning to the right. Maybe
>> after the Trump debacle, there are many middle of the road Americans
>> leaning a bit more to the left. They might be able to vote for a
>> progressive person.
>>

>Problem is, the Progressives are way radical too.

Only from a conservative perspective.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 20:12:04 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 21:35:37 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:

says...

>>>Americans, British and Australians are exactly the same in that
>>>regard. Pick a team and then rely on confirmation bias to release
>>>those endorphins.

>>I don't think the British or the Australians would have elected a
>>schmuck like Trump.

>Well, definitely not. But my point was how most people choose a side
>in politics and stick to it for no rational reason.
>
>>Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.

>I've always thought he was an imbecile, but I have to admit he's doing
>EXACTLY what I want to see Brexit. So for now I'm open-minded
>about him.
>
>>The same for Abbott, for instance. He was bad, but not THAT bad.

>OMG, really?? He's a classic example of a sociopath. Literally.
> Do you know his history in detail?

I said he's bad. The worst I know of in Australia, but I don't go
further back than Keating. But Trump's worse IMO. Maybe it's a close
call.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:48:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote:
>>
>> Bruce wrote:
>> >Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.

>> I've always thought he was an imbecile, but I have to admit he's doing
>> EXACTLY what I want to see Brexit. So for now I'm open-minded
>> about him.

>Absolutely none of your business too.

Not everybody's as limited as you, Gary. Some people follow what's
going on in other countries. And then you automatically develop an
opinion about that. In the meantime, you eat cheeseburgers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 02:20:10 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:48:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>>> I've always thought he was an imbecile, but I have to admit he's doing
>>> EXACTLY what I want to see Brexit. So for now I'm open-minded
>>> about him.

>>Absolutely none of your business too.

>Not everybody's as limited as you, Gary. Some people follow what's
>going on in other countries. And then you automatically develop an
>opinion about that. In the meantime, you eat cheeseburgers.

The only thing to know about down under is that a platypuss is the
icon of Aussie sex. I'm certain that Brucie's momma was a platypuss.
LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 2:07:43 AM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 13:21:50 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> >I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
> >ancestor

> What was her motive for divulging it? Why would you do that? How is it
> relevent to anything?

She was able to receive aid to go to college by claiming false ancestry.
She took a DNA test and her native ancestry was practically nil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 5:16:50 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> And how do you feel about Trump's bankruptcies and all the people he
> never paid?

He's had six (6) Chapter 11 bankruptcies; do you know what Chapter 11 is?
By the way, those were corporate bankruptcies and not personal. He used
the law to do this whether anyone likes it or not. He's not the first and
he certainly won't be the last to use the law to enable him to do this
unless corporate bankruptcy laws are changed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 15:57:49 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 5:16:50 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> And how do you feel about Trump's bankruptcies and all the people he
>> never paid?
>>

>He's had six (6) Chapter 11 bankruptcies; do you know what Chapter 11 is?
>By the way, those were corporate bankruptcies and not personal. He used
>the law to do this whether anyone likes it or not. He's not the first and
>he certainly won't be the last to use the law to enable him to do this
>unless corporate bankruptcy laws are changed.

Thank you for at least acknowledging that he screwed a lot of people
over.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 5:54:11 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> She said she has native American ancestry and she does.

Good grief. Probably 65% of Americans have native American ancestry but they
don't go around claiming it to get benefits. She put on _college admission_
forms that she was native American. The nearest American native she could
claim was not closer than six (6) generations back.

But she did find out her native American name is "Eating Crow."

https://i.postimg.cc/hPhpyB6j/Jeep-Cherokee.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 5:59:27 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 15:57:49 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >He's had six (6) Chapter 11 bankruptcies; do you know what Chapter 11 is?
> >By the way, those were corporate bankruptcies and not personal. He used
> >the law to do this whether anyone likes it or not. He's not the first and
> >he certainly won't be the last to use the law to enable him to do this
> >unless corporate bankruptcy laws are changed.

> Thank you for at least acknowledging that he screwed a lot of people
> over.

You act like this is something new and that no other politician since the
beginning of time has ever done. You want something to tsk, tsk about?
Look at Lyndon Johnson or Slick Willy just to name two, both Democrats.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:09:35 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 5:59:27 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 15:57:49 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >He's had six (6) Chapter 11 bankruptcies; do you know what Chapter 11 is?
>> >By the way, those were corporate bankruptcies and not personal. He used
>> >the law to do this whether anyone likes it or not. He's not the first and
>> >he certainly won't be the last to use the law to enable him to do this
>> >unless corporate bankruptcy laws are changed.

>> Thank you for at least acknowledging that he screwed a lot of people
>> over.
>>

>You act like this is something new and that no other politician since the
>beginning of time has ever done. You want something to tsk, tsk about?
>Look at Lyndon Johnson or Slick Willy just to name two, both Democrats.

I don't know of anybody recent who's as unreliable as Trump. In the
western world, that is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:04:35 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 5:54:11 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> She said she has native American ancestry and she does.
>>

>Good grief. Probably 65% of Americans have native American ancestry but they
>don't go around claiming it to get benefits. She put on _college admission_
>forms that she was native American. The nearest American native she could
>claim was not closer than six (6) generations back.

If that was enough to get the benefit, what was so wrong about it
then?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 13:59:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 2:07:43 AM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 13:21:50 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
>> >ancestor

>> What was her motive for divulging it? Why would you do that? How is it
>> relevent to anything?
>>

>She was able to receive aid to go to college by claiming false ancestry.
>She took a DNA test and her native ancestry was practically nil.

Nice. We have the same problem in Australia. A lot of people claiming
full or partial welfare benefits due to some degree of Aboriginal
heritage... even though they're generally whiter than me and have
absolutely zero interest in anything Aboriginal other than what they
can get out of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 06:37:52 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 13:59:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 2:07:43 AM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:

>>> What was her motive for divulging it? Why would you do that? How is it
>>> relevent to anything?
>>>

>>She was able to receive aid to go to college by claiming false ancestry.
>>She took a DNA test and her native ancestry was practically nil.

>Nice.

Joan's not a reliable source. She'll reproduce Fox News nonsense.

>We have the same problem in Australia. A lot of people claiming
>full or partial welfare benefits due to some degree of Aboriginal
>heritage... even though they're generally whiter than me and have
>absolutely zero interest in anything Aboriginal other than what they
>can get out of it.

True.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 09:29:40 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:09:35 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>You act like this is something new and that no other politician since the
>>beginning of time has ever done. You want something to tsk, tsk about?
>>Look at Lyndon Johnson or Slick Willy just to name two, both Democrats.

Joan has a point the Clintons in particular. They have a very dark
history, there's a lot of B.S out there on the Clintons but do some
impartial and objective research and you will form a very different
view of them.

>I don't know of anybody recent who's as unreliable as Trump. In the
>western world, that is.

At least he was elected, unlike many Australian Prime ministers.
Would you say that Britain's Parliament is reliable?

I do play devils advocate a lot, so I'm not arguing with you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 07:51:49 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-09-03 7:13 a.m., Je?us wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 05:10:30 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>> > wrote:

>>> I liked Trump much better than Hillary. However, I would have liked Rand Paul or Ben Carson for Prez.

>> A lot of Democrats voted for Trump, that's how much they hated
>> Hillary. That says a lot about her.
>>

>But she still won the popular vote!!

Yes, that is true. But my point still stands. A lot of Democrats saw
right through her and would rather vote for anyone BUT her.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised about this at that time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 02:18:50 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 20:12:04 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 21:35:37 +1000, Bruce >
>>wrote:

says...

>>>I don't think the British or the Australians would have elected a
>>>schmuck like Trump.

>>Well, definitely not. But my point was how most people choose a side
>>in politics and stick to it for no rational reason.
>>
>>>Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.

>>I've always thought he was an imbecile, but I have to admit he's doing
>>EXACTLY what I want to see Brexit. So for now I'm open-minded
>>about him.
>>
>>>The same for Abbott, for instance. He was bad, but not THAT bad.

>>OMG, really?? He's a classic example of a sociopath. Literally.
>> Do you know his history in detail?

>I said he's bad. The worst I know of in Australia, but I don't go
>further back than Keating. But Trump's worse IMO. Maybe it's a close
>call.

Yeah. Different kinds of stupidity, really. Tough call IMO in terms of
actual real-life impact on their citizens.

Keating: Best PM in my lifetime and I have a massive amount of respect
for the man. I only wish he could be our PM again.

Recreating a dish - Shrimp Kisses Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 10 20-10-2014 12:03 AM
Recreating old wines Mike Gooding Wine 6 23-07-2009 07:20 PM
Do you like recreating restaurant food at home? [email protected] General Cooking 0 12-10-2007 11:28 PM
Lost posts?? Oso Barbecue 3 15-11-2004 02:18 PM
Recreating Danone creamy strawberry yogurt yihggh General Cooking 7 04-12-2003 02:33 AM