FoodBanter.com

-   -   recreating lost posts (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/448048-recreating-lost-posts.html)

Gary 02-09-2019 02:37 PM

recreating lost posts

Had a crash with 4-5 posts ready to send but didn't save as
draft. Frustrating for sure.

To Leonard - never mind, I did send that one
To Janet US - thanks for that link. I know all that but always
good to review each year. Best comment was, "if in doubt throw it
out."
To Stevers - I like Dsi1's business card. Very friendly with the
childlike pic. If I lived on his rock and had hearing issues, I
would call him
To Cshenk - we are talking apples and oranges here. Lots of
oceanfront in VB but very little tourist areas.
To Jill - thanks for the pics. Your freezer is nice and
organized. Even though cold air will fall right out, everything
in there remains cold so air will get cold again soonly.

I think I remembered all the lost posts. >:-o

Oh yeah...one more to Jebus being a way too sensitive baby for my
comment about woman using cell phone at dinner table. That has
nothing to do with race or countries. All people everywhere are
obscessed with their cell phones these days. Hey...even you were
holding yours to take that picture. lol

Same thing in the USA pal. To me, it's a very funny joke how all
are so obscessed with their phones now. How in the world did they
ever survive before those phones were invented.

It's not an Usain thing, it's worldwide.
Lighten up, you Tazmanian devil. Sounds to me like YOU have some
insecurity issues about the USA just like Bruce does.

Do Auzzies feel inferior? Signs point to yes.

Just remember though... "Everyone wants to be us!" lol

[email protected][_2_] 02-09-2019 03:30 PM

recreating lost posts

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 8:36:58 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Had a crash with 4-5 posts ready to send but didn't save as
> draft. Frustrating for sure.

*SNIP*

> I think I remembered all the lost posts. >:-o

Feel better?

Gary 02-09-2019 03:50 PM

recreating lost posts

" wrote:

> On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 8:36:58 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > Had a crash with 4-5 posts ready to send but didn't save as
> > draft. Frustrating for sure.
> >

> *SNIP*
> >
> > I think I remembered all the lost posts. >:-o
> >

> Feel better?

Why wouldn't I? Gave a summary of all that I lost.

[email protected][_2_] 02-09-2019 04:11 PM

recreating lost posts

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9:50:42 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 8:36:58 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > >
> > > Had a crash with 4-5 posts ready to send but didn't save as
> > > draft. Frustrating for sure.
> > >

> > *SNIP*
> > >
> > > I think I remembered all the lost posts. >:-o
> > >

> > Feel better?

> Why wouldn't I? Gave a summary of all that I lost.

Just asking.

jmcquown[_2_] 02-09-2019 04:56 PM

recreating lost posts

On 9/2/2019 10:50 AM, Gary wrote:
> " wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 8:36:58 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> Had a crash with 4-5 posts ready to send but didn't save as
>>> draft. Frustrating for sure.
>>>

>> *SNIP*
>>>
>>> I think I remembered all the lost posts. >:-o
>>>

>> Feel better?

> Why wouldn't I? Gave a summary of all that I lost.

Good job, Gary! Now batten down the hatches. ;)

Jill

Casa de Masa 02-09-2019 05:23 PM

recreating lost posts

NOM

Cross your legs, you ****ing skank.

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 12:18 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:37:03 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Had a crash with 4-5 posts ready to send but didn't save as
>draft. Frustrating for sure.
>
>To Leonard - never mind, I did send that one
>To Janet US - thanks for that link. I know all that but always
>good to review each year. Best comment was, "if in doubt throw it
>out."
>To Stevers - I like Dsi1's business card. Very friendly with the
>childlike pic. If I lived on his rock and had hearing issues, I
>would call him
>To Cshenk - we are talking apples and oranges here. Lots of
>oceanfront in VB but very little tourist areas.
>To Jill - thanks for the pics. Your freezer is nice and
>organized. Even though cold air will fall right out, everything
>in there remains cold so air will get cold again soonly.
>
>I think I remembered all the lost posts. >:-o
>
>Oh yeah...one more to Jebus being a way too sensitive baby for my
>comment about woman using cell phone at dinner table. That has
>nothing to do with race or countries. All people everywhere are
>obscessed with their cell phones these days. Hey...even you were
>holding yours to take that picture. lol
>
>Same thing in the USA pal. To me, it's a very funny joke how all
>are so obscessed with their phones now. How in the world did they
>ever survive before those phones were invented.
>
>It's not an Usain thing, it's worldwide.
>Lighten up, you Tazmanian devil. Sounds to me like YOU have some
>insecurity issues about the USA just like Bruce does.
>
>Do Auzzies feel inferior? Signs point to yes.

And as always, when you haven't a proper counter argument, you resort
to being a child. I'm not even going to bother to dissect your
comments.

>Just remember though... "Everyone wants to be us!" lol

Name one country. Just one will do.

Dave Smith[_1_] 03-09-2019 12:24 AM

recreating lost posts

On 2019-09-02 7:18 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:37:03 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Had a crash with 4-5 posts ready to send but didn't save as
>> draft. Frustrating for sure.
>>
>> To Leonard - never mind, I did send that one
>> To Janet US - thanks for that link. I know all that but always
>> good to review each year. Best comment was, "if in doubt throw it
>> out."
>> To Stevers - I like Dsi1's business card. Very friendly with the
>> childlike pic. If I lived on his rock and had hearing issues, I
>> would call him
>> To Cshenk - we are talking apples and oranges here. Lots of
>> oceanfront in VB but very little tourist areas.
>> To Jill - thanks for the pics. Your freezer is nice and
>> organized. Even though cold air will fall right out, everything
>> in there remains cold so air will get cold again soonly.
>>
>> I think I remembered all the lost posts. >:-o
>>
>> Oh yeah...one more to Jebus being a way too sensitive baby for my
>> comment about woman using cell phone at dinner table. That has
>> nothing to do with race or countries. All people everywhere are
>> obscessed with their cell phones these days. Hey...even you were
>> holding yours to take that picture. lol
>>
>> Same thing in the USA pal. To me, it's a very funny joke how all
>> are so obscessed with their phones now. How in the world did they
>> ever survive before those phones were invented.
>>
>> It's not an Usain thing, it's worldwide.
>> Lighten up, you Tazmanian devil. Sounds to me like YOU have some
>> insecurity issues about the USA just like Bruce does.
>>
>> Do Auzzies feel inferior? Signs point to yes.

> And as always, when you haven't a proper counter argument, you resort
> to being a child. I'm not even going to bother to dissect your
> comments.
>
>> Just remember though... "Everyone wants to be us!" lol

> Name one country. Just one will do.

I live in a country that has fought off several invasion attempts. We
did not want to be them.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 12:35 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:37:03 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>It's not an Usain thing, it's worldwide.
>Lighten up, you Tazmanian devil. Sounds to me like YOU have some
>insecurity issues about the USA just like Bruce does.
>
>Do Auzzies feel inferior? Signs point to yes.

There are many worse countries than the US. Take Saudi Arabia, China,
Russia, Mozambique, to name a few. But what's the point of criticizing
those countries? Where do you even begin? Maybe I'd do it if I were
surrounded by a bunch of Saudi Arabians here who think they live in
the best country in the world.

PS: I saw an American, who seemed intelligent and knowledgeable, on
Australian TV who thinks Pocahontas will win the next US presidential
election if Biden continues to mumble and stumble. Wouldn't that be a
hoot and a holler, Gary? A progressive and a woman to boot!

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 01:45 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:35:14 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>There are many worse countries than the US. Take Saudi Arabia, China,
>Russia, Mozambique, to name a few. But what's the point of criticizing
>those countries? Where do you even begin? Maybe I'd do it if I were
>surrounded by a bunch of Saudi Arabians here who think they live in
>the best country in the world.

What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
here.

>PS: I saw an American, who seemed intelligent and knowledgeable, on
>Australian TV who thinks Pocahontas will win the next US presidential
>election if Biden continues to mumble and stumble. Wouldn't that be a
>hoot and a holler, Gary? A progressive and a woman to boot!

Pocahontas??

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 01:50 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 07:45:40 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:35:14 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>There are many worse countries than the US. Take Saudi Arabia, China,
>>Russia, Mozambique, to name a few. But what's the point of criticizing
>>those countries? Where do you even begin? Maybe I'd do it if I were
>>surrounded by a bunch of Saudi Arabians here who think they live in
>>the best country in the world.

>What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
>the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
>here.

Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
American politics are international entertainment, especially since
Trump.

>>PS: I saw an American, who seemed intelligent and knowledgeable, on
>>Australian TV who thinks Pocahontas will win the next US presidential
>>election if Biden continues to mumble and stumble. Wouldn't that be a
>>hoot and a holler, Gary? A progressive and a woman to boot!

> Pocahontas??

I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
once, I thought he was funny.

Ed Pawlowski[_5_] 03-09-2019 02:22 AM

recreating lost posts

On 9/2/2019 8:50 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 07:45:40 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:35:14 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> There are many worse countries than the US. Take Saudi Arabia, China,
>>> Russia, Mozambique, to name a few. But what's the point of criticizing
>>> those countries? Where do you even begin? Maybe I'd do it if I were
>>> surrounded by a bunch of Saudi Arabians here who think they live in
>>> the best country in the world.

>> What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
>> the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
>> here.

> Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
> American politics are international entertainment, especially since
> Trump.
>
>>> PS: I saw an American, who seemed intelligent and knowledgeable, on
>>> Australian TV who thinks Pocahontas will win the next US presidential
>>> election if Biden continues to mumble and stumble. Wouldn't that be a
>>> hoot and a holler, Gary? A progressive and a woman to boot!

>> Pocahontas??

> I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
> because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
> once, I thought he was funny.

Correct. Now she is apologizing for the false claim.

So far, the field of candidates is laughable. Vote for me and I'll give
you stuff for free. So far, the only choice from either party is "none
of the above"

[email protected][_2_] 03-09-2019 03:02 AM

recreating lost posts

https://i.postimg.cc/BnNhbfnG/How-to...a-Democrat.jpg

[email protected][_2_] 03-09-2019 03:13 AM

recreating lost posts

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 04:21 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 21:22:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 9/2/2019 8:50 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 07:45:40 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>>> What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
>>> the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
>>> here.

>> Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
>> American politics are international entertainment, especially since
>> Trump.

>>> Pocahontas??

>> I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
>> because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
>> once, I thought he was funny.
>>

>Correct. Now she is apologizing for the false claim.

I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
ancestor, but she was wrong to call herself a native American. Isn't
that right?

>So far, the field of candidates is laughable. Vote for me and I'll give
>you stuff for free. So far, the only choice from either party is "none
>of the above"

Pocahontas might be too progressive for many Americans. On the other
hand Trump's trailing behind against just about everybody else. On the
third hand, he was also trailing behind in the polls the last time,
when he won.

It would be good if it was a woman this time, though.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 04:22 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 19:13:27 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:35:14 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >PS: I saw an American, who seemed intelligent and knowledgeable, on
>> >Australian TV who thinks Pocahontas will win the next US presidential
>> >election if Biden continues to mumble and stumble. Wouldn't that be a
>> >hoot and a holler, Gary? A progressive and a woman to boot!

>> Pocahontas??
>>

>https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

But of course you don't have any problem with Trump's serial lying :)

Ed Pawlowski[_5_] 03-09-2019 04:56 AM

recreating lost posts

On 9/2/2019 11:21 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 21:22:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
>>> American politics are international entertainment, especially since
>>> Trump.

>>> I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
>>> because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
>>> once, I thought he was funny.
>>>

>> Correct. Now she is apologizing for the false claim.

> I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
> ancestor, but she was wrong to call herself a native American. Isn't
> that right?
>
>> So far, the field of candidates is laughable. Vote for me and I'll give
>> you stuff for free. So far, the only choice from either party is "none
>> of the above"

> Pocahontas might be too progressive for many Americans. On the other
> hand Trump's trailing behind against just about everybody else. On the
> third hand, he was also trailing behind in the polls the last time,
> when he won.
>
> It would be good if it was a woman this time, though.

I don't care if it is a man or woman. I just want someone capable and
sensible. None like that seem to be running this time around. Or the
last time. Would be good if they can maintain their mental faculties
through their term too. A few of the older ones seem questionable on
that happening.

[email protected][_2_] 03-09-2019 05:24 AM

recreating lost posts

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> >> Pocahontas??
> >>

> >https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

> But of course you don't have any problem with Trump's serial lying :)

I have trouble with Elizabeth Warren claiming to be native American and receiving aid because of that claim to attend college. She's as big as
a liar as Trump if anyone is lying.

Graham 03-09-2019 05:43 AM

recreating lost posts

On 2019-09-02 10:24 p.m., wrote:
> On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>> But of course you don't have any problem with Trump's serial lying :)
>>

> I have trouble with Elizabeth Warren claiming to be native American and receiving aid because of that claim to attend college. She's as big as
> a liar as Trump if anyone is lying.

Nobody is as big a liar as Trump!! Not even close!!!

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 05:43 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 23:56:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 9/2/2019 11:21 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 21:22:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> Correct. Now she is apologizing for the false claim.

>> I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
>> ancestor, but she was wrong to call herself a native American. Isn't
>> that right?
>>
>>> So far, the field of candidates is laughable. Vote for me and I'll give
>>> you stuff for free. So far, the only choice from either party is "none
>>> of the above"

>> Pocahontas might be too progressive for many Americans. On the other
>> hand Trump's trailing behind against just about everybody else. On the
>> third hand, he was also trailing behind in the polls the last time,
>> when he won.
>>
>> It would be good if it was a woman this time, though.
>>

>I don't care if it is a man or woman.

Me neither, but because it's never been a woman before, that would be
a good thing. Although Margaret Thatcher's a disappointing example
from the past.

>I just want someone capable and
>sensible. None like that seem to be running this time around.

For you, but you're middle of the road, leaning to the right. Maybe
after the Trump debacle, there are many middle of the road Americans
leaning a bit more to the left. They might be able to vote for a
progressive person.

> Or the last time. Would be good if they can maintain their mental faculties
>through their term too. A few of the older ones seem questionable on
>that happening.

Pocahontas!

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 05:44 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 21:24:06 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>> But of course you don't have any problem with Trump's serial lying :)
>>

>I have trouble with Elizabeth Warren claiming to be native American and receiving aid because of that claim to attend college. She's as big as
>a liar as Trump if anyone is lying.

The thing I have with Trump isn't even political in the first place.
Just looking at a man like that gives me the creeps. Selfish,spoilt,
unreliable creepy bigot. Also if he was left wing.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 05:48 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 22:43:00 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-09-02 10:24 p.m., wrote:
>> On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 19:13:27 -0700 (PDT), "

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>>> But of course you don't have any problem with Trump's serial lying :)
>>>

>> I have trouble with Elizabeth Warren claiming to be native American and receiving aid because of that claim to attend college. She's as big as
>> a liar as Trump if anyone is lying.
>>

>Nobody is as big a liar as Trump!! Not even close!!!

She's wearing Trump coloured glasses :)

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 07:55 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:44:41 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 21:24:06 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 19:13:27 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> But of course you don't have any problem with Trump's serial lying :)
>>>

>>I have trouble with Elizabeth Warren claiming to be native American and receiving aid because of that claim to attend college. She's as big as
>>a liar as Trump if anyone is lying.

>The thing I have with Trump isn't even political in the first place.
>Just looking at a man like that gives me the creeps. Selfish,spoilt,
>unreliable creepy bigot. Also if he was left wing.

You know he was a democrat once, when it suited him. He has no genuine
political beliefs. He's basically the same as most of the rest of them
(Democrat and Republican). He's just a savant at exploiting the
public. Of course, he didn't much like having one of dem uppity nigras
as a president, so he switch back to the Republican party soon
afterwards.

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 08:02 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 10:50:46 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 07:45:40 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:35:14 +1000, Bruce >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>There are many worse countries than the US. Take Saudi Arabia, China,
>>>Russia, Mozambique, to name a few. But what's the point of criticizing
>>>those countries? Where do you even begin? Maybe I'd do it if I were
>>>surrounded by a bunch of Saudi Arabians here who think they live in
>>>the best country in the world.

>>What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
>>the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
>>here.

>Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
>American politics are international entertainment, especially since
>Trump.
>
>>>PS: I saw an American, who seemed intelligent and knowledgeable, on
>>>Australian TV who thinks Pocahontas will win the next US presidential
>>>election if Biden continues to mumble and stumble. Wouldn't that be a
>>>hoot and a holler, Gary? A progressive and a woman to boot!

>> Pocahontas??

>I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
>because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
>once, I thought he was funny.

Oh yes now I know who you mean. Another one trying to surf on their
racial background (real or not)... that puts her instantly into my
persona non grata file.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 08:05 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:02:44 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 10:50:46 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 07:45:40 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>>>What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
>>>the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
>>>here.

>>Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
>>American politics are international entertainment, especially since
>>Trump.

>>> Pocahontas??

>>I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
>>because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
>>once, I thought he was funny.

>Oh yes now I know who you mean. Another one trying to surf on their
>racial background (real or not)... that puts her instantly into my
>persona non grata file.

There won't be anybody left and then what?

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 08:06 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 19:02:19 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 8:22:07 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> So far, the field of candidates is laughable. Vote for me and I'll give
>> you stuff for free. So far, the only choice from either party is "none
>> of the above"
>>

>https://i.postimg.cc/BnNhbfnG/How-to...a-Democrat.jpg

Farm, oil, export, corn subsidies... ;)

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 08:07 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 13:21:50 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
>ancestor

What was her motive for divulging it? Why would you do that? How is it
relevent to anything?

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 08:11 AM

recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 22:43:00 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-09-02 10:24 p.m., wrote:
>> On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 19:13:27 -0700 (PDT), "

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>>> But of course you don't have any problem with Trump's serial lying :)
>>>

>> I have trouble with Elizabeth Warren claiming to be native American and receiving aid because of that claim to attend college. She's as big as
>> a liar as Trump if anyone is lying.
>>

>Nobody is as big a liar as Trump!! Not even close!!!

LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
political figures.

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 08:12 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 17:05:27 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:02:44 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 10:50:46 +1000, Bruce >
>>wrote:

>>>Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
>>>American politics are international entertainment, especially since
>>>Trump.

>>>I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
>>>because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
>>>once, I thought he was funny.

>>Oh yes now I know who you mean. Another one trying to surf on their
>>racial background (real or not)... that puts her instantly into my
>>persona non grata file.

>There won't be anybody left and then what?

Then they can elect Bernie, preferably as an independent.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 08:37 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:07:38 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 13:21:50 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
>>ancestor

>What was her motive for divulging it? Why would you do that? How is it
>relevent to anything?

Politicians try to attract votes. She must have thought this would do
that. I find it almost negligeable compared to what Trump's been
doing. If you want a saint for a politician, you'll be waiting a long
time.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 08:39 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:12:33 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 17:05:27 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:02:44 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>>>Oh yes now I know who you mean. Another one trying to surf on their
>>>racial background (real or not)... that puts her instantly into my
>>>persona non grata file.

>>There won't be anybody left and then what?

>Then they can elect Bernie, preferably as an independent.

I have nothing against him, but he's a bit old. He's turning 78 in 5
days. Pocahontas is 70. Trump's 73.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 03-09-2019 11:11 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 3:11:19 AM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 22:43:00 -0600, graham > wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

> >> I have trouble with Elizabeth Warren claiming to be native American and receiving aid because of that claim to attend college. She's as big as
> >> a liar as Trump if anyone is lying.
> >>

> >Nobody is as big a liar as Trump!! Not even close!!!

> LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
> Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
> but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
> political figures.

I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
and tells it again.

Cindy Hamilton

Janet 03-09-2019 11:41 AM

recreating lost posts

In article >,
says...

wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

> > >Nobody is as big a liar as Trump!! Not even close!!!

> > LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
> > Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
> > but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
> > political figures.

> I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
> lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
> easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
> and tells it again.

The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.

Janet UK

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 11:58 AM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 11:41:41 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>> > LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
>> > Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
>> > but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
>> > political figures.

>> I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
>> lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
>> easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
>> and tells it again.

> The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
>obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.

I think they know but don't mind it.

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 12:11 PM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 17:39:45 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:12:33 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 17:05:27 +1000, Bruce >
>>wrote:

>>>There won't be anybody left and then what?

>>Then they can elect Bernie, preferably as an independent.

>I have nothing against him, but he's a bit old. He's turning 78 in 5
>days. Pocahontas is 70. Trump's 73.

Yes, he's old but few others that I'm aware of are genuine with some
good policies. Not that they would likely be implemented, but that's
another matter again.

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 12:12 PM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 03:11:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 3:11:19 AM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>> >Nobody is as big a liar as Trump!! Not even close!!!

>> LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
>> Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
>> but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
>> political figures.

>I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
>lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
>easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
>and tells it again.

I do agree with you, but you basically just expanded on what I said.

Jeßus[_55_] 03-09-2019 12:15 PM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 11:41:41 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

https://i.postimg.cc/s2dp3npR/Pale-Faces.jpg

>> > LOL. How about we start with Hillary (actually, might as well add 'ol
>> > Bill in that too)? Yes, Trump's lies are blatant, stupid and obvious,
>> > but he really doesn't lie any more or less than many mainstream
>> > political figures.

>> I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
>> lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
>> easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
>> and tells it again.

> The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
>obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.

Americans, British and Australians are exactly the same in that
regard. Pick a team and then rely on confirmation bias to release
those endorphins.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 12:35 PM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:15:07 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 11:41:41 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
says...

>>> I differ. Every politician tells people what they want to hear. Trump
>>> lies when there is no reason to lie, he lies about things that are
>>> easily disproved, and when he's caught out in a lie, he doubles down
>>> and tells it again.

>> The most astonishing part is how many Americans swallow even his most
>>obvious lies, lock stock and barrel. Must be a gun thing.

>Americans, British and Australians are exactly the same in that
>regard. Pick a team and then rely on confirmation bias to release
>those endorphins.

I don't think the British or the Australians would have elected a
schmuck like Trump. Johnson's a clown, but he's not as bad as Trump.
The same for Abbott, for instance. He was bad, but not THAT bad.

Gary 03-09-2019 12:54 PM

recreating lost posts

Bruce wrote:
> It would be good if it was a woman this time, though.

Why is that, Bruce? Did your wife tell you to say that?

Intelligent people will vote for the person that sounds like the
best one for the job. Neither race, gender, political party or
even just a popular personality should be a factor. Not in a
political job or even any company hiring new people. Just pick
the best person from available choices. It's a no brainer,
really.

I always vote for the one that sounds best to me. I honestly
don't care which of the above wins.

There is old saying here, "If you don't vote, you have no right
to criticize the winner." That applies to all Usians that can
vote but don't and also to all foreigners. Deal with it.

Bruce[_28_] 03-09-2019 12:58 PM

recreating lost posts

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 07:54:18 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> It would be good if it was a woman this time, though.

>Why is that, Bruce? Did your wife tell you to say that?

50% of the population are women, but women have never been president.
I think it would be good if that changed. That applies to many
countries, not just the US. Of course, the woman has to be a good
candidate, but IMO Pocahontas is one.