Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recreating a dish - Shrimp Kisses

Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor and
ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps was so
good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.

They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to
have to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I
grilled them in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so
they wouldn't get messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan. I
think this was a success even though I lost a little of the cheese from
a couple of them from melting out.

grilling
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg

plated
http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg

Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
web.com...
> Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor and
> ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps was so
> good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.
>
> They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
> decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to have
> to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I grilled them
> in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so they wouldn't get
> messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan. I think this was a
> success even though I lost a little of the cheese from a couple of them
> from melting out.
>
> grilling
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg
>
> plated
> http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg
>
> Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

Why would I criticize??? heh I wouldn't say no if it were offered to
me)))

They are not something I've ever had)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
web.com...
> Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor and
> ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps was so
> good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.
>
> They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
> decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to have
> to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I grilled them
> in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so they wouldn't get
> messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan. I think this was a
> success even though I lost a little of the cheese from a couple of them
> from melting out.
>
> grilling
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg
>
> plated
> http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg
>
> Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

I think they look wonderful! A pox on anyone who criticizes them. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2014 2:56 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Why would I criticize??? heh I wouldn't say no if it were offered to
> me)))
>
> They are not something I've ever had)

The ones at the restaurant were HUGE shrimp. I can't find them that big
here. These were a little hard to handle once you handle the bacon
because it all gets slippery. If you ever see something like this on a
menu, you must try them if you like shrimp/prawns.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2014 3:49 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> web.com...
>> Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor
>> and ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps
>> was so good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.
>>
>> They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
>> decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to
>> have to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I
>> grilled them in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so
>> they wouldn't get messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan.
>> I think this was a success even though I lost a little of the cheese
>> from a couple of them from melting out.
>>
>> grilling
>> http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg
>>
>> plated
>> http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg
>>
>> Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

> I think they look wonderful! A pox on anyone who criticizes them. :-)
>
> Cheri

Thanks Cheri!

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 10/19/2014 2:56 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Why would I criticize??? heh I wouldn't say no if it were offered to
>> me)))
>>
>> They are not something I've ever had)

> The ones at the restaurant were HUGE shrimp. I can't find them that big
> here. These were a little hard to handle once you handle the bacon because
> it all gets slippery. If you ever see something like this on a menu, you
> must try them if you like shrimp/prawns.

Yes) I love prawns)

(Here, shrimp are the tiny ones. Prawns are much bigger ... yummm) )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-19 2:28 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor and
> ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps was so
> good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.
>
> They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
> decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to
> have to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I
> grilled them in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so
> they wouldn't get messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan. I
> think this was a success even though I lost a little of the cheese from
> a couple of them from melting out.
>
> grilling
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg
>
> plated
> http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg
>
> Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

LOL. I have to admit that I thought that was a lot of work and I had
some concerns that the bacon might overwhelm the shrimp.... but.... damn
it, they look good. You could feed that to me any time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:28:28 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor and
> ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps was so
> good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.
>
> They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
> decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to
> have to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I
> grilled them in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so
> they wouldn't get messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan. I
> think this was a success even though I lost a little of the cheese from
> a couple of them from melting out.
>
> grilling
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg
>
> plated
> http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg
>
> Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

Great looking shrimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-19 4:25 PM, Cheryl wrote:

> The ones at the restaurant were HUGE shrimp. I can't find them that big
> here. These were a little hard to handle once you handle the bacon
> because it all gets slippery. If you ever see something like this on a
> menu, you must try them if you like shrimp/prawns.

You might be lucky. In my experience, the larger shrimp are, the more
they cost per pound. I guess the deal is that that cooking times for
the big shrimp coincides with the time it takes to cook the bacon.

I cook a lot of shrimp on the BBQ grill and don't bother going to all
that work. I marinate them in with a lot of garlic and some hot sauce,
along with lemon or lime juice, olive oil and other things. I remember
local restaurants that used to serve grilled shrimp and scallop dishes
with bacon, but got away from them because my experience was that shrimp
and scallops were cooked long before the bacon.

I am a lazy cook. As good as this dish seems, I usually opt for the
faster, easier versions. But... I sure wouldn't complain if she fed it
to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2014 2:28 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor and
> ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps was so
> good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.
>
> They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
> decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to
> have to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I
> grilled them in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so
> they wouldn't get messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan. I
> think this was a success even though I lost a little of the cheese from
> a couple of them from melting out.
>
> grilling
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg
>
> plated
> http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg
>
> Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

Looks good to me! Happy belated birthday to your mom!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday at the National Harbor and
>ate at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. One of the apps was so
>good I had to try to recreate it. Shrimp Kisses.
>
>They are shrimp stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon. I
>decided to do mine on the grill and the bacon was thin enough not to
>have to par cook it first to keep the shrimp from overcooking. I
>grilled them in this grill pan so I could avoid flipping each one so
>they wouldn't get messed up, I only had to flip the whole grill pan. I
>think this was a success even though I lost a little of the cheese from
>a couple of them from melting out.
>
>grilling
>http://oi57.tinypic.com/2iw6mn6.jpg
>
>plated
>http://i57.tinypic.com/rvvq7o.jpg
>
>Go ahead with the criticism. I can take it. lol

They look deeeeelicious.
Thanks for the photos.

koko

James Beard

Mother's day cookout - shrimp dish Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 11 08-05-2011 08:53 PM
Recreating old wines Mike Gooding Wine 6 23-07-2009 07:20 PM
Shrimp dish for Chris D Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 0 28-12-2008 03:21 AM
A Nice Simple Pasta/Shrimp Dish jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 3 05-10-2008 10:35 PM
shrimp and grits side dish? Leslie M. General Cooking 25 02-05-2004 02:20 PM