Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default sauerkraut

I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -

And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu.
I already serve it fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.

Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?

--
Rich
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-5, RichD wrote:

> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
> yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>
> And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu.
> I already serve it fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.
>
> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?
>
> --
> Rich

It's really good cooked with a pork roast. And plain old wieners and kraut
served with a side of mashed potatoes is an excellent stand-by.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:44:28 PM UTC-10, RichD wrote:
> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
> yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>
> And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu.
> I already serve it fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.
>
> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?
>
> --
> Rich

For some people, it could be a fad. People like me use it to regulate our gut microorganism population. By taking small amounts of a cultured milk product and then drinking small amounts of milk regularity, we can foster an ability to digest lactose. If we don't keep up with the regimen, we lose that ability. My guess is that fermented products like yogurt, kim chee, and sauerkraut, are good for you gut health. Don't quote me, I could be wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 9:28 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:44:28 PM UTC-10, RichD wrote:
>> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
>> yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>>
>> And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu.
>> I already serve it fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.
>>
>> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?
>>
>> --
>> Rich

> For some people, it could be a fad. People like me use it to regulate our gut microorganism population. By taking small amounts of a cultured milk product and then drinking small amounts of milk regularity, we can foster an ability to digest lactose. If we don't keep up with the regimen, we lose that ability. My guess is that fermented products like yogurt, kim chee, and sauerkraut, are good for you gut health. Don't quote me, I could be wrong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 9:28 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:44:28 PM UTC-10, RichD wrote:
>> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
>> yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>>
>> And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu. I already serve it
>> fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.
>>
>> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?
>>
>> -- Rich

> For some people, it could be a fad. People like me use it to regulate
> our gut microorganism population. By taking small amounts of a
> cultured milk product and then drinking small amounts of milk
> regularity, we can foster an ability to digest lactose. If we don't
> keep up with the regimen, we lose that ability. My guess is that
> fermented products like yogurt, kim chee, and sauerkraut, are good
> for you gut health. Don't quote me, I could be wrong.

Add apple cider vinegar to the list.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 4:03:03 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-07-03 9:28 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:44:28 PM UTC-10, RichD wrote:
> >> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
> >> yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
> >>
> >> And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu. I already serve it
> >> fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.
> >>
> >> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?
> >>
> >> -- Rich

> > For some people, it could be a fad. People like me use it to regulate
> > our gut microorganism population. By taking small amounts of a
> > cultured milk product and then drinking small amounts of milk
> > regularity, we can foster an ability to digest lactose. If we don't
> > keep up with the regimen, we lose that ability. My guess is that
> > fermented products like yogurt, kim chee, and sauerkraut, are good
> > for you gut health. Don't quote me, I could be wrong.
> >

> Add apple cider vinegar to the list.

Well, okay.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-07-03 9:28 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:44:28 PM UTC-10, RichD wrote:
>>> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
>>> yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>>>
>>> And, sauerkraut.* OK, I'll add that to my menu.
>>> I already serve it fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an
>>> omelet.
>>>
>>> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rich

>> For some people, it could be a fad. People like me use it to
>> regulate our gut microorganism population. By taking small amounts
>> of a cultured milk product and then drinking small amounts of milk
>> regularity, we can foster an ability to digest lactose. If we
>> don't keep up with the regimen, we lose that ability. My guess is
>> that fermented products like yogurt, kim chee, and sauerkraut, are
>> good for you gut health. Don't quote me, I could be wrong.

The acid in your stomach kills almost all organisms that you
swallow. Only a very few pathogens can survive.

If you are really serious about introducing bacteria in your gut,
you'll have to take it by inserting a tube up your ass and using an
enema bag.

Ask your doctor. He'll tell you the same thing.

On the other hand, if you just want to be trendy, you won't miss the
bacteria. And the yogurt, cheese, etc. taste better that way. Only
Popeye Katz has tastebuds in his rectum.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On July 3, wrote:
>> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest
>> health fad; yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>> And, sauerkraut.
>> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?

> It's really good cooked with a pork roast.

Can you be more specific?
Like, the cabbage forms a bed for the pork, in a roasting pan?

--
Rich
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2019 01:44:28 UTC+2 schrieb RichD:
> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
> yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>
> And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu.
> I already serve it fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.
>
> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?

Try kimchi (sauerkraut Korean style)- despite being German, I don't like sauerkraut much, but I love kimchi.

https://www.maangchi.com/ helps you with recipes.

Bye, Sanne.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 16:44:26 -0700 (PDT), RichD
> wrote:

>I read something about probiotics, it's the latest health fad;
>yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
>
>And, sauerkraut. OK, I'll add that to my menu.
>I already serve it fried, as a side to eggs. Or roll it into an omelet.
>
>Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?

doesn't the sauerkraut have to be raw rather than cooked in a recipe
in order to provide the health benefits?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I hate kraut and I'm part German.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> plain old wieners and kraut
> served with a side of mashed potatoes is an excellent stand-by.

Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
would choose fries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 11:05:20 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> " wrote:
> >
> > plain old wieners and kraut
> > served with a side of mashed potatoes is an excellent stand-by.

> Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
> would choose fries.

Consider a wiener to be just another sausage. Then the kraut and
potatoes makes more sense.

A friend of my husband's had some relatives from Serbia visiting.
He came downstairs one morning to find one of them having hot dogs
for breakfast.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 12:47:09 AM UTC-5, RichD wrote:

> On July 3, wrote:
>
> >> I read something about probiotics, it's the latest
> >> health fad; yogurt, kafir, some other stuff -
> >> And, sauerkraut.
> >> Any exotic possibilities for this gourmet item?

> > It's really good cooked with a pork roast.

> Can you be more specific?
> Like, the cabbage forms a bed for the pork, in a roasting pan?
>
> --
> Rich

The recipe I use I got from this group about a hundred years ago and really
like it.

I will brown a pork roast and then into the crockpot it goes with either a
jar or bag of sauerkraut and a bit of salt and pepper. I do drain the kraut
as it can be a smidge strong and you can drain it into a glass and drink the
juice if you don't want to toss it. Some folks add a bit of brown sugar but
I don't but I do add about 2 cups of apple juice. To the kraut I also add a
generous tablespoon of caraway seed but some folks don't care for it but I
think it adds a yummy flavoring to the completed dish.

Depending on your crockpot this will require about 8 hours of cooking time.
If you don't have a crockpot you could do this in the oven but I honestly
don't know how long that would take as I always opt for the slow cooker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 10:05:20 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
> >
> > plain old wieners and kraut
> > served with a side of mashed potatoes is an excellent stand-by.

> Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
> would choose fries.

Try it sometime, it does sound a little head scratching but the mashed potatoes
really go good with the wieners and kraut. Cornbread is also an added bonus.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 2:14:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 10:05:20 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > " wrote:
> > >
> > > plain old wieners and kraut
> > > served with a side of mashed potatoes is an excellent stand-by.

> > Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
> > would choose fries.
> >

> Try it sometime, it does sound a little head scratching but the mashed potatoes
> really go good with the wieners and kraut. Cornbread is also an added bonus.

It occurs to me that the knackwurst at a local German restaurant reminds me
of a giant hot dog. That's why I get the mettwurst instead.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 11:05:20 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > " wrote:
> > >
> > > plain old wieners and kraut
> > > served with a side of mashed potatoes is an excellent stand-by.

> > Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
> > would choose fries.

> Consider a wiener to be just another sausage. Then the kraut and
> potatoes makes more sense.
>
> A friend of my husband's had some relatives from Serbia visiting.
> He came downstairs one morning to find one of them having hot dogs
> for breakfast.

When I was in Prague (CZ) back in the 70's, many peeps on the way to work would stop at a "horky parky" stand to have a sausage/hot dog for brekkie...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4 Jul 2019 coltwvu wrote:

>I hate kraut and I'm part German.

Which part, the anal sphincter... aren't all krauts assholes?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 2:11:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:

> > > It's really good cooked with a pork roast.

> > Can you be more specific?
> > Like, the cabbage forms a bed for the pork, in a roasting pan?
> >
> > --
> > Rich
> >

> The recipe I use I got from this group about a hundred years ago and really
> like it.
>
> I will brown a pork roast and then into the crockpot it goes with either a
> jar or bag of sauerkraut and a bit of salt and pepper. I do drain the kraut
> as it can be a smidge strong and you can drain it into a glass and drink the
> juice if you don't want to toss it. Some folks add a bit of brown sugar but
> I don't but I do add about 2 cups of apple juice. To the kraut I also add a
> generous tablespoon of caraway seed but some folks don't care for it but I
> think it adds a yummy flavoring to the completed dish.
>
> Depending on your crockpot this will require about 8 hours of cooking time.
> If you don't have a crockpot you could do this in the oven but I honestly
> don't know how long that would take as I always opt for the slow cooker.

If you find the saurkraut too strong, then add some finely shredded cabbage. Personally, I find pure saurkraut too strong and act accordingly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 11:19:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 2:14:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>> > Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
>> > would choose fries.
>> >

>> Try it sometime, it does sound a little head scratching but the mashed potatoes
>> really go good with the wieners and kraut. Cornbread is also an added bonus.

>It occurs to me that the knackwurst at a local German restaurant reminds me
>of a giant hot dog. That's why I get the mettwurst instead.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

An over sized hotdog is exatly what a knockwurst is, at NYC kosher
delis they were called Specials... typically served with baked beans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 2:30:59 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

> On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 2:11:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>
> > I do drain the kraut
> > as it can be a smidge strong and you can drain it into a glass and drink the
> > juice if you don't want to toss it.

> If you find the saurkraut too strong, then add some finely shredded cabbage. Personally, I find pure saurkraut too strong and act accordingly.

Just draining the kraut and adding the apple juice really cuts down on the
tartness, to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 10:05:20 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > " wrote:
> > >
> > > plain old wieners and kraut
> > > served with a side of mashed potatoes is an excellent stand-by.

> > Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
> > would choose fries.
> >

> Try it sometime, it does sound a little head scratching but the mashed potatoes
> really go good with the wieners and kraut. Cornbread is also an added bonus.

I was misinterpreting what you said. When you said "plain old
wieners and kraut" I assumed on a bun as that's how I always ate.
On a bun made mashed potatoes sound odd. But if you skipped the
bun, mashed potatoes sounds perfectly appropriate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 Jul 2019 07:49:32 -0400, Gary > wrote:

" wrote:

>> > Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
>> > would choose fries.
>> >

>> Try it sometime, it does sound a little head scratching but the mashed potatoes
>> really go good with the wieners and kraut. Cornbread is also an added bonus.

>I was misinterpreting what you said. When you said "plain old
>wieners and kraut" I assumed on a bun as that's how I always ate.
>On a bun made mashed potatoes sound odd. But if you skipped the
>bun, mashed potatoes sounds perfectly appropriate.

Tubesteaks braised in kraut, the fat cuts the tartness... with that
the best mashed potatoes are a la potato k'nish... far better than
fries. I never eat fries with dawgs, because fries need ketchup and
there's nothing gackier that ketchup with dawgs. Dawgs need spicy
brown mustard, as does potato k'nish.

My favorite place for frankfurters was Red Apple Rest, on old route 17
in NY. They had big tubs of kraut to pile on your dawg, one cold and
one hot. The Red Apple Rest was in the Wurtsboro Hills on the way to
the Catskills Borscht Belt. In those days 1940s-1950s most cars
couldn't make the Wurtsboros without over heating. My father had a
Studerbaker with a rumbleseat and would drive the Wurtsboros in
reverse, back then reverse was the strongest gear... the Wurtsboros
are very steep.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wurtsboro_Hills,_New_York
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Apple_Rest
When the NYS Thruway was built it bypassed the Wurtsboros and the Red
Apple Rest, however a lot of diehards still drove old Rte 17 and
stopped at the Red Apple Rest which is now closed. A lot of famous
people ate there; showbiz and athletes... especially boxers as the
Catskills hosted many training camps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:30:20 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I never eat fries with dawgs, because fries need ketchup and
>> there's nothing gackier that ketchup with dawgs. Dawgs need spicy
>> brown mustard, as does potato k'nish.

>Different strokes for different folks. For cheap hotdogs I like
>ketchup on them along with onions and mustard. For all-beef hot
>dogs, I eat them plain on a bun or bread.
>
>I never use ketchup on fries. Just tons of S&P. That's all.
>Literally blackened with ground pepper.

I don't consider fast food fries fries, they're not, those skinny
things are shoestring potatoes, they are so thin that they don't hold
the heat for more than one minute, and within two minutes those greezy
things are ice cold. I haven't eaten fast food fries (extruded and
frozen same as from the market freezer) in nearly 40 years. Some
restaurants make real fries, chunky and sliced ripple cut but not many
so when I'm in the mood I make my own. I have an old fashioned ripple
cut knife and I slice them thick/chunky, toss to coat with oil and
cook them in a roasting pan in the oven, turning a few times. I place
them in a small brown papper bag to suck up excess oil, add a big
pinch of kosher salt and shake to distribute... then dip in Heinz red
to eat. I really don't like black pepper on fries. If you frequent
fast food joints odds are you've never eaten real fries. Some steak
houses serve fries that arent peeled, I don't like those either as
without peeling the green bitter toxic part remains. And since you
only eat fast food fries you likely use those packets of black pepper
and glom a lot for home use... little do you realize that it's about
half ground rodent turds. I'll bet you don't own a pepper mill or
keep quality peppercorns at home, you've never tasted real black
pepper. Now I know why you don't have a cat, with your tiny squeaky
mouse voice and reeking of mouse turds you'd be a goner.
That's why when you first arrived here you refused to speak to me on
the phone... tiny squeaky mouse voice. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 5, 2019 at 6:49:23 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:

> > > Must be a regional thing. The mashed potatoes side sounds odd. I
> > > would choose fries.
> > >

> > Try it sometime, it does sound a little head scratching but the mashed potatoes
> > really go good with the wieners and kraut. Cornbread is also an added bonus.

> I was misinterpreting what you said. When you said "plain old
> wieners and kraut" I assumed on a bun as that's how I always ate.
> On a bun made mashed potatoes sound odd. But if you skipped the
> bun, mashed potatoes sounds perfectly appropriate.

No, the wieners AND the sauerkraut are cooked together in the pot then served
together on a plate with a side of mashed potatoes. A skillet of cornbread
is a plus with this meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-05 5:20 p.m., A Moose in Love wrote:

>> I never use ketchup on fries. Just tons of S&P. That's all.
>> Literally blackened with ground pepper.

> Fresh french fires, I like vinegar(I like em all, white, malt, apple
> cider)and salt only.

Just salt on them for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2019 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-07-05 5:20 p.m., A Moose in Love wrote:
>
>>> I never use ketchup on fries. Just tons of S&P. That's all. Literally
>>> blackened with ground pepper.

>> Fresh french fires, I like vinegar(I like em all, white, malt, apple
>> cider)and salt only.
>>

> Just salt on them for me.

Done perfectly, salt only. I sometimes make a mix of salt, pepper,
garlic powder, basil, oregano and sprinkle that on for an Italian taste.
Ketchup often too,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 19:42:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Fresh french fires, I like vinegar(I like em all, white, malt, apple
>>> cider)and salt only.
>>>

>> Just salt on them for me.

>Done perfectly, salt only. I sometimes make a mix of salt, pepper,
>garlic powder, basil, oregano and sprinkle that on for an Italian taste.
> Ketchup often too,

Do you put ketchup on your balut?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 19:42:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Just salt on them for me.

>> Done perfectly, salt only. I sometimes make a mix of salt, pepper,
>> garlic powder, basil, oregano and sprinkle that on for an Italian taste.
>> Ketchup often too,

> Do you put ketchup on your balut?

Yoose are really worked up 'bout that balut!

Maybe McQuown will come around to calm yoose down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2019 7:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 19:42:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Just salt on them for me.

>> Done perfectly, salt only. I sometimes make a mix of salt, pepper,
>> garlic powder, basil, oregano and sprinkle that on for an Italian taste.
>> Ketchup often too,

> Do you put ketchup on your balut?

Granddaughter and SIL use hot sauce. I declined it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> Do you put ketchup on your balut?

Bruce! Yoose eat fertilized chicken eggs.
I'll bet your wife would allow yoose to eat
balut too. :-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

<after way more than one drink after dinner>

> I don't consider fast food fries fries, they're not, those skinny
> things are shoestring potatoes, they are so thin that they don't hold
> the heat for more than one minute, and within two minutes those greezy
> things are ice cold. I haven't eaten fast food fries (extruded and
> frozen same as from the market freezer) in nearly 40 years. Some
> restaurants make real fries, chunky and sliced ripple cut but not many
> so when I'm in the mood I make my own. I have an old fashioned ripple
> cut knife and I slice them thick/chunky, toss to coat with oil and
> cook them in a roasting pan in the oven, turning a few times. I place
> them in a small brown papper bag to suck up excess oil, add a big
> pinch of kosher salt and shake to distribute... then dip in Heinz red
> to eat. I really don't like black pepper on fries. If you frequent
> fast food joints odds are you've never eaten real fries. Some steak
> houses serve fries that arent peeled, I don't like those either as
> without peeling the green bitter toxic part remains. And since you
> only eat fast food fries you likely use those packets of black pepper
> and glom a lot for home use... little do you realize that it's about
> half ground rodent turds. I'll bet you don't own a pepper mill or
> keep quality peppercorns at home, you've never tasted real black
> pepper. Now I know why you don't have a cat, with your tiny squeaky
> mouse voice and reeking of mouse turds you'd be a goner.
> That's why when you first arrived here you refused to speak to me on
> the phone... tiny squeaky mouse voice. LOL

That was a pretty funny wall of text, Sheldo. I enjoyed reading
that rant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06 Jul 2019 Gary wrote:
>penmart wrote:
>
><after way more than one drink after dinner>
>
>> I don't consider fast food fries fries, they're not, those skinny
>> things are shoestring potatoes, they are so thin that they don't hold
>> the heat for more than one minute, and within two minutes those greezy
>> things are ice cold. I haven't eaten fast food fries (extruded and
>> frozen same as from the market freezer) in nearly 40 years. Some
>> restaurants make real fries, chunky and sliced ripple cut but not many
>> so when I'm in the mood I make my own. I have an old fashioned ripple
>> cut knife and I slice them thick/chunky, toss to coat with oil and
>> cook them in a roasting pan in the oven, turning a few times. I place
>> them in a small brown papper bag to suck up excess oil, add a big
>> pinch of kosher salt and shake to distribute... then dip in Heinz red
>> to eat. I really don't like black pepper on fries. If you frequent
>> fast food joints odds are you've never eaten real fries. Some steak
>> houses serve fries that arent peeled, I don't like those either as
>> without peeling the green bitter toxic part remains. And since you
>> only eat fast food fries you likely use those packets of black pepper
>> and glom a lot for home use... little do you realize that it's about
>> half ground rodent turds. I'll bet you don't own a pepper mill or
>> keep quality peppercorns at home, you've never tasted real black
>> pepper. Now I know why you don't have a cat, with your tiny squeaky
>> mouse voice and reeking of mouse turds you'd be a goner.
>> That's why when you first arrived here you refused to speak to me on
>> the phone... tiny squeaky mouse voice. LOL

>That was a pretty funny wall of text, Sheldo. I enjoyed reading
>that rant.

You know I was teasing, but no one teases better.
Paragraphs are not required for a teaser post, they break the cadense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 06 Jul 2019 Gary wrote:
> >penmart wrote:
> >
> ><after way more than one drink after dinner>
> >
> >> I don't consider fast food fries fries, they're not, those skinny
> >> things are shoestring potatoes, they are so thin that they don't hold
> >> the heat for more than one minute, and within two minutes those greezy
> >> things are ice cold. I haven't eaten fast food fries (extruded and
> >> frozen same as from the market freezer) in nearly 40 years. Some
> >> restaurants make real fries, chunky and sliced ripple cut but not many
> >> so when I'm in the mood I make my own. I have an old fashioned ripple
> >> cut knife and I slice them thick/chunky, toss to coat with oil and
> >> cook them in a roasting pan in the oven, turning a few times. I place
> >> them in a small brown papper bag to suck up excess oil, add a big
> >> pinch of kosher salt and shake to distribute... then dip in Heinz red
> >> to eat. I really don't like black pepper on fries. If you frequent
> >> fast food joints odds are you've never eaten real fries. Some steak
> >> houses serve fries that arent peeled, I don't like those either as
> >> without peeling the green bitter toxic part remains. And since you
> >> only eat fast food fries you likely use those packets of black pepper
> >> and glom a lot for home use... little do you realize that it's about
> >> half ground rodent turds. I'll bet you don't own a pepper mill or
> >> keep quality peppercorns at home, you've never tasted real black
> >> pepper. Now I know why you don't have a cat, with your tiny squeaky
> >> mouse voice and reeking of mouse turds you'd be a goner.
> >> That's why when you first arrived here you refused to speak to me on
> >> the phone... tiny squeaky mouse voice. LOL

> >That was a pretty funny wall of text, Sheldo. I enjoyed reading
> >that rant.

> You know I was teasing, but no one teases better.
> Paragraphs are not required for a teaser post, they break the cadense.

I do know (or assumed) you were teasing. It was a good
one...better than average. I got many laughs out of that one.
Good job.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Jul 2019 09:28:41 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> On 06 Jul 2019 Gary wrote:
>> >penmart wrote:
>> >
>> ><after way more than one drink after dinner>

>> >That was a pretty funny wall of text, Sheldo. I enjoyed reading
>> >that rant.

>> You know I was teasing, but no one teases better.
>> Paragraphs are not required for a teaser post, they break the cadense.

>I do know (or assumed) you were teasing. It was a good
>one...better than average. I got many laughs out of that one.
>Good job.

Thank you and you're welcome... I do my best to keep RFC alive and
well. It seems of late most people are arguing politics (I never do)
and they rarely discuss food.

It's really too hot and humid to cook today, 87ºF/89% humidity. My
wife will be playing 9 holes today at the big bash, an outdoor picnic
with dawgs, burgers, salads, and some metered out booze.... and since
I'd be a guest it would cost $25.. I won't attend. The last owner of
the golf course went all out for the big bash, good steaks, roast
beef. chicken, and help yourself open bar, all top shelf, plus good
entertainement, would run past midnight... new owners are cheapos.

This morning my neighbor arrived to brush hog all the 4' high growth
from all the rain we've had and I couldn't mow the back field and
wildflower meadow. But now I will soon catch up. I was already out
there following him getting a lot of mowing done. We just had a
thunder storm. I'll be out there mowing tomorrow. I haven't desided
on my dinner yet but I'm thinking Bumble Bee solid albacore tuna salad
with cel-ray and vidalia onyuns.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Jul 2019 09:28:41 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> wrote:

> >> You know I was teasing, but no one teases better.
> >> Paragraphs are not required for a teaser post, they break the cadense.

> >I do know (or assumed) you were teasing. It was a good
> >one...better than average. I got many laughs out of that one.
> >Good job.

> Thank you and you're welcome... I do my best to keep RFC alive and
> well. It seems of late most people are arguing politics (I never do)
> and they rarely discuss food.
>
> It's really too hot and humid to cook today, 87ºF/89% humidity. My
> wife will be playing 9 holes today at the big bash, an outdoor picnic
> with dawgs, burgers, salads, and some metered out booze.... and since
> I'd be a guest it would cost $25.. I won't attend. The last owner of
> the golf course went all out for the big bash, good steaks, roast
> beef. chicken, and help yourself open bar, all top shelf, plus good
> entertainement, would run past midnight... new owners are cheapos.
>
> This morning my neighbor arrived to brush hog all the 4' high growth
> from all the rain we've had and I couldn't mow the back field and
> wildflower meadow. But now I will soon catch up. I was already out
> there following him getting a lot of mowing done. We just had a
> thunder storm. I'll be out there mowing tomorrow. I haven't desided
> on my dinner yet but I'm thinking Bumble Bee solid albacore tuna salad
> with cel-ray and vidalia onyuns.

How is your garden coming along, Sheldon...I know it's been a pretty crummy year for gardening so far...wet cold Spring, etc...

--
Best
Greg

Sauerkraut George Shirley Preserving 6 01-04-2010 05:28 PM
Sauerkraut The Cook Preserving 3 20-06-2008 01:16 PM
Sauerkraut Taemon Vegan 7 03-11-2005 01:01 PM
sauerkraut Dawn Preserving 10 14-09-2004 04:36 PM