Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanuts

> wrote in message
> On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 2:11:08 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 9:53:37 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > Now I am having trouble finding plain peanuts. But because I lie like

> rug I thought I would start this stupid thread as I'm not getting the
> attention
> I seek. Thanks for any and all help but I will reject all as is my
> customary
> practice.
>>
>> You must be having problems with your eyesight as I CAN FIND ALL KINDS OF
>> PEANUTS in our stores and I live outside of the USA where they originate.
>>

> From the woman who orders the most mundane products online but can't
> bothered
> to order peanuts although there is no shortage in her area. Just too lazy
> to get off her butt look at another store. In six months she'll deny
> she's
> had any problem finding peanuts, any variety, in her area.

It's not that I can't be bothered. I did get some. I think it was online.
Can't remember where now. I just can't understand why an item that used to
be common is so hard to find now. Especially the Spanish peanuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:

>>rug I thought I would start this stupid thread as I'm not getting the
>>attention
>>I seek. Thanks for any and all help but I will reject all as is my
>>customary
>>practice.

> by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
> then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a decant
> sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go and buy
> like 10 pounds of raw nuts

No Farmer's Market this time of year. I don't need that many nuts. Don't
want raw ones. Don't want to roast them. And no. I'm not getting an air
fryer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 3:46:57 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:

> >rug I thought I would start this stupid thread as I'm not getting the attention
> >I seek. Thanks for any and all help but I will reject all as is my customary
> >practice.

> by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
> then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a decant
> sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go and buy
> like 10 pounds of raw nuts

Not me, can't you read??? It's Ju-Ju in her imaginary world that can't seem
to locate peanuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 3:46:57 PM UTC-6,
> wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>> >rug I thought I would start this stupid thread as I'm not getting the
>> >attention
>> >I seek. Thanks for any and all help but I will reject all as is my
>> >customary
>> >practice.

>> by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
>> then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a decant
>> sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go and buy
>> like 10 pounds of raw nuts
>>

> Not me, can't you read??? It's Ju-Ju in her imaginary world that can't
> seem
> to locate peanuts.

I can locate plenty of peanuts. Just not the ones I want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Julie Bove
> wrote:

> I can locate plenty of peanuts. Just not the ones I want.

I'm not saying that you can find them, but have you checked the bulk
foods section?

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
> In article >, Julie Bove
> > wrote:
>
>> I can locate plenty of peanuts. Just not the ones I want.

> I'm not saying that you can find them, but have you checked the bulk
> foods section?

I generally won't bulk nuts. Tried that before and they were rancid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

There's a drive though pharmacy here in a town of maybe 1000 people.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 4:46:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:

> >rug I thought I would start this stupid thread as I'm not getting the attention
> >I seek. Thanks for any and all help but I will reject all as is my customary
> >practice.

> by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
> then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a decant
> sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go and buy
> like 10 pounds of raw nuts

I can't speak for Washington, where Julie lives, but here in Michigan:

1. Peanuts don't grow here.
2. It's winter. Farmers' markets are closed.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like the cashews (which I am not allergic to) from Nutz.com. Their chocolates are crap,
but the cashews were superior. That is the only kind of nut I have ordered from them.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 00:17:50 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 3:46:57 PM UTC-6,
>> wrote:
>>> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "

>>> by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
>>> then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a decant
>>> sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go and buy
>>> like 10 pounds of raw nuts
>>>

>> Not me, can't you read??? It's Ju-Ju in her imaginary world that can't
>> seem
>> to locate peanuts.

>I can locate plenty of peanuts. Just not the ones I want.

well if you are looking for the precooked peanuts ya know the ones
with all the added chemicals, sugars, corn syrups, excessive salts
then you go right ahead and make planters or whatever company you
desire your go to nut, although I have to warn you. They may cause
discoloration of your private parts and/or graying of your pubic hair
and knee warts.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 03:47:41 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 4:46:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>> >rug I thought I would start this stupid thread as I'm not getting the attention
>> >I seek. Thanks for any and all help but I will reject all as is my customary
>> >practice.

>> by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
>> then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a decant
>> sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go and buy
>> like 10 pounds of raw nuts

>I can't speak for Washington, where Julie lives, but here in Michigan:
>
>1. Peanuts don't grow here.
>2. It's winter. Farmers' markets are closed.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

yeah damn that northern living... Farmers markets are open year round
here in the deep south... I can get a fresh green pineapple any day of
the year, along with squash, mangos, and peanuts

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-02 6:21 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message

>>> I can locate plenty of peanuts. Just not the ones I want.

>> I'm not saying that you can find them, but have you checked the bulk
>> foods section?

> I generally won't bulk nuts. Tried that before and they were rancid.

Of course. There is always an excuse why you can't follow any reasonable
advise. Bulk stores are very careful with their products. IF they went
rancid it was after you bought them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 18:43:40 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Julie, when I needed unsalted nuts for candy making, and couldn't
> > > find them in my supermarket, I bought supplies from a
> > > locally-owned candy shop. It might be worth a try, if you have
> > > such shops in your area.
> > >
> > > N.

> > When I want high quality peanuts I buy these:
> > https://www.hamptonfarms.com/

> Expensive!

Thats one thing we have cheap here in Virginia Beach. The city of
Suffolk is a major peanut growing area. It's about a 2 hour drive west
and a little south to get to Severn NC (where Hampton Farms is). Major
product here is raw in the shell.

We are also a major place for sweet potatoes and strawberries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:

> lie like > a
> > > rug I thought I would start this stupid thread as I'm not getting
> > > the attention I seek. Thanks for any and all help but I will
> > > reject all as is my customary practice.

> > by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
> > then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a
> > decant sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go
> > and buy like 10 pounds of raw nuts

> No Farmer's Market this time of year. I don't need that many nuts.
> Don't want raw ones. Don't want to roast them. And no. I'm not
> getting an air fryer.

Wrong season to get much of a farmers market most places actually. We
have a year round one but it's mostly crafts and winter veggies (plus
some hot house stuff) at this season. We'd have bins of raw peanuts at
ours because it's something that keeps well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

No Farmer's Market this time of year. I don't need that many nuts. Don't
want raw ones. Don't want to roast them. And no. I'm not getting an air
fryer.

==

I have an Airfryer and an Airfyer oven. We love them both) The cooking
is fast and it uses such a tiny amount of oil. Healthy)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:01:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 03:47:41 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 4:46:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:20:51 -0800 (PST), "

> >> by plain peanuts do you mean the unshelled raw peanuts? If you are
> >> then there must be a farmers market around you if you live in a decant
> >> sized city.. If not find your nearest farmers market and go and buy
> >> like 10 pounds of raw nuts

> >I can't speak for Washington, where Julie lives, but here in Michigan:
> >
> >1. Peanuts don't grow here.
> >2. It's winter. Farmers' markets are closed.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> yeah damn that northern living... Farmers markets are open year round
> here in the deep south... I can get a fresh green pineapple any day of
> the year, along with squash, mangos, and peanuts

I read elsewhere that you've started gardening.

The ground is frozen solid here. Probably to a depth of about 3 feet,
since we've had a relatively mild winter overall.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> I have an Airfryer and an Airfyer oven. We love them both) The cooking
> is fast and it uses such a tiny amount of oil. Healthy)

Yeah....healthy. And then you die anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> I have an Airfryer and an Airfyer oven. We love them both) The cooking
> is fast and it uses such a tiny amount of oil. Healthy)

Yeah....healthy. And then you die anyway.

==

Yeah bummer innit ? ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 10:37:04 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:01:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 03:47:41 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I can't speak for Washington, where Julie lives, but here in Michigan:
>> >
>> >1. Peanuts don't grow here.
>> >2. It's winter. Farmers' markets are closed.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> yeah damn that northern living... Farmers markets are open year round
>> here in the deep south... I can get a fresh green pineapple any day of
>> the year, along with squash, mangos, and peanuts

>I read elsewhere that you've started gardening.
>
>The ground is frozen solid here. Probably to a depth of about 3 feet,
>since we've had a relatively mild winter overall.

Get out of there, woman!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 17:39:17 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

>No Farmer's Market this time of year. I don't need that many nuts. Don't
>want raw ones. Don't want to roast them. And no. I'm not getting an air
>fryer.
>
>==
>
>I have an Airfryer and an Airfyer oven. We love them both) The cooking
>is fast and it uses such a tiny amount of oil. Healthy)

Have you tried roasting or as I like to call it toasting raw peanuts
yet? You have to deshell them first

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 02 Mar 2019 13:44:47 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I have an Airfryer and an Airfyer oven. We love them both) The cooking
>> is fast and it uses such a tiny amount of oil. Healthy)

>Yeah....healthy. And then you die anyway.

yeah but you usually die naturally like in your sleep of old age or in
a terrible firey car crash.... Rather than of a heart attack because
your cholesterol is like 500

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 10:37:04 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:01:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 03:47:41 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I can't speak for Washington, where Julie lives, but here in Michigan:
>> >
>> >1. Peanuts don't grow here.
>> >2. It's winter. Farmers' markets are closed.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> yeah damn that northern living... Farmers markets are open year round
>> here in the deep south... I can get a fresh green pineapple any day of
>> the year, along with squash, mangos, and peanuts

>I read elsewhere that you've started gardening.

No I have not "started" gardening, I garden pretty much year round....
I plant my garlic in the fall harvest almost a year later, I keep
parsley, green onions, a few other herbs all year, plant basil seeds
in late winter harvest throughout the spring summer and fall, I freeze
what I dont use for winter use, ginger is grown all year blackberries
only come in the spring, several other herbs that I garden I will also
plant in the late winter for use throughout the spring summer and fall

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

>No Farmer's Market this time of year. I don't need that many nuts. Don't
>want raw ones. Don't want to roast them. And no. I'm not getting an air
>fryer.
>
>==
>
>I have an Airfryer and an Airfyer oven. We love them both) The cooking
>is fast and it uses such a tiny amount of oil. Healthy)

Have you tried roasting or as I like to call it toasting raw peanuts
yet? You have to deshell them first

==

We don't like peanuts so no. I do roast a lot of stuff in them though.
Tomorrow I will roast a chicken in the AF (not oven). 35mins one side, turn
it over and 35mins the other. I do test it with a thermo though to make
sure it is cooked through.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 18:43:40 -0800 (PST), Nancy2

>>> When I want high quality peanuts I buy these:

https://www.hamptonfarms.com/

>> Are they the only good ones and are all the other ones absolute crap?

> They are the only brand around here that are always good... sold at
> most markets here... and the larger the bag the lower the cost.
> Probably good because they sell fast so are always fresh. Gin mills
> here put them out in big buckets, eat all you want... natcherly they
> put out the salty ones, peeps drink more. I buy unsalted, still has
> no effect on my case a month Crystal Palace bill. I really don't buy
> many, only a small bag now and then, still I don't throw the shells on
> the floor. I don't like peanuts all that much, I much prefer
> pistachios. I prefer the pistachios from California, those from
> Turkey can't compete.

Popeye, those aren't salted. Yoose are tasting what happens when yoose
puts them peanuts up yoose tookus.

Yoose homos always likes nuts from california.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.hamptonfarms.com/

>>> Are they the only good ones and are all the other ones absolute crap?

>> They are the only brand around here that are always good... sold at
>> most markets here... and the larger the bag the lower the cost.
>> Probably good because they sell fast so are always fresh. Gin mills
>> here put them out in big buckets, eat all you want... natcherly they
>> put out the salty ones, peeps drink more. I buy unsalted, still has
>> no effect on my case a month Crystal Palace bill.

> Why do you sometimes say you never drink alcohol and other times you
> tell us about your cases of vodka? Just curious.
>
>> I really don't buy
>> many, only a small bag now and then, still I don't throw the shells on
>> the floor. I don't like peanuts all that much, I much prefer
>> pistachios. I prefer the pistachios from California, those from
>> Turkey can't compete.

> Yeah, they're good. I think I like all nuts. I'm making nut burgers
> soon. That might sound like a vegetarian nightmare, but they can be
> quite good.

Whatever, but watch yoose own nuts around Popeye. That nautical homo
could suck a golf ball through a straw ... and he'll eat yoose
saw-seege, or yoose nuts before yoose can hide them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 16:20:02 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> The Walmart Food center didn't have unsalted. I was there yesterday.

>> I'll call your bluff and raise you an, "In stock today, pick up
>> available in two hours." <clink>. Just say "Sqwertz" when they ask
>> you the "security question". You'll know it when you hear it. And
>> don't bow your head and mumble the answer, or then I'll REALLY go
>> K.Lewis on you.
>>

> That may be but they weren't there on Wed. and I'm not driving back just for
> those!
>
>> (Wow. I think I just had a small epiphany. I think I just now
>> realized why people love to hate me. Or maybe it was just that pink
>> chicken sludge "Jalapeno Bologna" (Oscar Mayer, and ObFood) with
>> Woeber's Horseradish Sauce I just ate at 5:AM)

>>> Not at the food center and I try not to go to the regular Walmart. Too
>>> many
>>> drug deals in that parking lot.

>> And she goes right for to the $2,000 answer at the start of Double
>> Jeopardy.
>>
>>> Yes, I could get them online but they're more money.

>> But, but.... a couple months ago you insisted that you get the same
>> prices online as you do in the stores?!?!? I'm so confused now.

> What I meant was... You have to place a minimum order for free shipping.

No, that's NOT what you meant at the time. Specifically in the
Campbells Soup thread. Shipping cost was NEVER part of the price
you were arguing.

> I don't need anything else now so won't order. And... The price for those are
> cheaper at other stores.

But... but.. they don't exist at other stores, is what you said at
the beginning of the thread! (not to mention you're always telling
how you have to buy extra stuff to make minimum orders).

You're getting even shittier at this rather than batter.

You have 27 hours and 45 minutes left to pick up your peanuts at
Walmart.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 17:25:50 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/28/2019 3:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Few of *your* stores. I can find jars of unsalted dry roasted peanuts
> without a problem.

Not to mention any stores that have a bulk foods section.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 19:09:01 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> Thanks! But I eventually found some.

Eventually? You only posted about "not finding them anywhere" 22
hours ago!?!?!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:13:19 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 16:20:02 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > What I meant was... You have to place a minimum order for free shipping.

> No, that's NOT what you meant at the time. Specifically in the
> Campbells Soup thread. Shipping cost was NEVER part of the price
> you were arguing.
>

> > I don't need anything else now so won't order. And... The price for those are
> > cheaper at other stores.

> But... but.. they don't exist at other stores, is what you said at
> the beginning of the thread! (not to mention you're always telling
> how you have to buy extra stuff to make minimum orders).
>
> You're getting even shittier at this rather than batter.
>
> You have 27 hours and 45 minutes left to pick up your peanuts at
> Walmart.
>
> -sw

She's been caught in yet a.n.o.t.h.e.r lie; anyone surprised??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 21:56:03 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:13:19 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 16:20:02 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > What I meant was... You have to place a minimum order for free shipping.

>> No, that's NOT what you meant at the time. Specifically in the
>> Campbells Soup thread. Shipping cost was NEVER part of the price
>> you were arguing.
>>

>> > I don't need anything else now so won't order. And... The price for those are
>> > cheaper at other stores.

>> But... but.. they don't exist at other stores, is what you said at
>> the beginning of the thread! (not to mention you're always telling
>> how you have to buy extra stuff to make minimum orders).
>>
>> You're getting even shittier at this rather than batter.
>>
>> You have 27 hours and 45 minutes left to pick up your peanuts at
>> Walmart.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>She's been caught in yet a.n.o.t.h.e.r lie; anyone surprised??

Get a life y'all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 21:56:03 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:13:19 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 16:20:02 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > What I meant was... You have to place a minimum order for free
>> > shipping.

>> No, that's NOT what you meant at the time. Specifically in the
>> Campbells Soup thread. Shipping cost was NEVER part of the price
>> you were arguing.
>>

>> > I don't need anything else now so won't order. And... The price for
>> > those are
>> > cheaper at other stores.

>> But... but.. they don't exist at other stores, is what you said at
>> the beginning of the thread! (not to mention you're always telling
>> how you have to buy extra stuff to make minimum orders).
>>
>> You're getting even shittier at this rather than batter.
>>
>> You have 27 hours and 45 minutes left to pick up your peanuts at
>> Walmart.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>She's been caught in yet a.n.o.t.h.e.r lie; anyone surprised??

Get a life y'all.

==

You'll be lucky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 09:21:38 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 21:56:03 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>>> No, that's NOT what you meant at the time. Specifically in the
>>> Campbells Soup thread. Shipping cost was NEVER part of the price
>>> you were arguing.

>>> But... but.. they don't exist at other stores, is what you said at
>>> the beginning of the thread! (not to mention you're always telling
>>> how you have to buy extra stuff to make minimum orders).
>>>
>>> You're getting even shittier at this rather than batter.
>>>
>>> You have 27 hours and 45 minutes left to pick up your peanuts at
>>> Walmart.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>She's been caught in yet a.n.o.t.h.e.r lie; anyone surprised??

>Get a life y'all.
>
>==
>
>You'll be lucky

Yes, I know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> I'm not saying that you can find them, but have you checked the bulk
>>> foods section?

>> I generally won't bulk nuts. Tried that before and they were rancid.

> Of course. There is always an excuse why you can't follow any reasonable
> advise. Bulk stores are very careful with their products. IF they went
> rancid it was after you bought them.

We don't have bulk stores here. We do have some stores that sell some bulk
foods. Used to be a health food store in Mountlake Terrace that always sold
stale, rancid or old bulk food. I keep telling my mom to stop buying things
for me there. They finally closed. Online reviews were horrible.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 00:17:50 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message

>>> Not me, can't you read??? It's Ju-Ju in her imaginary world that can't
>>> seem
>>> to locate peanuts.

>>I can locate plenty of peanuts. Just not the ones I want.

> well if you are looking for the precooked peanuts ya know the ones
> with all the added chemicals, sugars, corn syrups, excessive salts
> then you go right ahead and make planters or whatever company you
> desire your go to nut, although I have to warn you. They may cause
> discoloration of your private parts and/or graying of your pubic hair
> and knee warts.

No. I don't want the ones with all that stuff added.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 16:20:02 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I'll call your bluff and raise you an, "In stock today, pick up
>>> available in two hours." <clink>. Just say "Sqwertz" when they ask
>>> you the "security question". You'll know it when you hear it. And
>>> don't bow your head and mumble the answer, or then I'll REALLY go
>>> K.Lewis on you.
>>>

>> That may be but they weren't there on Wed. and I'm not driving back just
>> for
>> those!
>>
>>> (Wow. I think I just had a small epiphany. I think I just now
>>> realized why people love to hate me. Or maybe it was just that pink
>>> chicken sludge "Jalapeno Bologna" (Oscar Mayer, and ObFood) with
>>> Woeber's Horseradish Sauce I just ate at 5:AM)

>>> And she goes right for to the $2,000 answer at the start of Double
>>> Jeopardy.

>>> But, but.... a couple months ago you insisted that you get the same
>>> prices online as you do in the stores?!?!? I'm so confused now.

>> What I meant was... You have to place a minimum order for free shipping.

> No, that's NOT what you meant at the time. Specifically in the
> Campbells Soup thread. Shipping cost was NEVER part of the price
> you were arguing.
>

>> I don't need anything else now so won't order. And... The price for those
>> are
>> cheaper at other stores.

> But... but.. they don't exist at other stores, is what you said at
> the beginning of the thread! (not to mention you're always telling
> how you have to buy extra stuff to make minimum orders).
>
> You're getting even shittier at this rather than batter.
>
> You have 27 hours and 45 minutes left to pick up your peanuts at
> Walmart.

I already bought them elsewhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:13:19 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 16:20:02 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > What I meant was... You have to place a minimum order for free
>> > shipping.

>> No, that's NOT what you meant at the time. Specifically in the
>> Campbells Soup thread. Shipping cost was NEVER part of the price
>> you were arguing.
>>

>> > I don't need anything else now so won't order. And... The price for
>> > those are
>> > cheaper at other stores.

>> But... but.. they don't exist at other stores, is what you said at
>> the beginning of the thread! (not to mention you're always telling
>> how you have to buy extra stuff to make minimum orders).
>>
>> You're getting even shittier at this rather than batter.
>>
>> You have 27 hours and 45 minutes left to pick up your peanuts at
>> Walmart.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> She's been caught in yet a.n.o.t.h.e.r lie; anyone surprised??

There was no lie. Perhaps they had some in the back room when I was there,
but none on the shelf. Ton of salted ones though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 19:09:01 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Thanks! But I eventually found some.

> Eventually? You only posted about "not finding them anywhere" 22
> hours ago!?!?!

What I didn't find was the Spanish peanuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 02:16:33 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 00:17:50 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I can locate plenty of peanuts. Just not the ones I want.

>> well if you are looking for the precooked peanuts ya know the ones
>> with all the added chemicals, sugars, corn syrups, excessive salts
>> then you go right ahead and make planters or whatever company you
>> desire your go to nut, although I have to warn you. They may cause
>> discoloration of your private parts and/or graying of your pubic hair
>> and knee warts.

>No. I don't want the ones with all that stuff added.

then when the farmers market does come around to your area load up on
peanuts they last a pretty long time

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 2:23:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 10:37:04 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 10:01:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> >> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 03:47:41 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> yeah damn that northern living... Farmers markets are open year round
> >> here in the deep south... I can get a fresh green pineapple any day of
> >> the year, along with squash, mangos, and peanuts

> >I read elsewhere that you've started gardening.
> >
> >The ground is frozen solid here. Probably to a depth of about 3 feet,
> >since we've had a relatively mild winter overall.

> Get out of there, woman!

Why? I've lived here for 62 years. It's what happens in the winter.
We're about to start a little early-March cold snap. A low of -13 C
tonight. It'll be all over in a few days, then on to more seaonable
temperatures.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 2:29:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> No I have not "started" gardening, I garden pretty much year round....
> I plant my garlic in the fall harvest almost a year later,

I plant garlic in the fall for harvest in June or July. That's when
it's ready.

> I keep
> parsley, green onions, a few other herbs all year, plant basil seeds
> in late winter harvest throughout the spring summer and fall, h

I've got a basil plant under the halogen lights on my range hood. I
buy parsley and green onions; I usually have them on hand all the time.

I used to grow tomatoes, but I had too much trouble with blossom-end rot,
mosaic virus and other diseases.

> I freeze
> what I dont use for winter use, ginger is grown all year blackberries
> only come in the spring, several other herbs that I garden I will also
> plant in the late winter for use throughout the spring summer and fall
>
> >The ground is frozen solid here. Probably to a depth of about 3 feet,
> >since we've had a relatively mild winter overall.

Cindy Hamilton

what's with peanuts? notbob[_7_] General Cooking 55 20-02-2019 06:22 PM
Peanuts notbob General Cooking 5 27-09-2018 12:31 AM
Raw Peanuts Silvar Beitel General Cooking 14 09-01-2008 05:44 AM
More peanuts Dav General Cooking 896 15-01-2007 10:09 PM
Peanuts Sheldon General Cooking 2 01-11-2006 09:49 PM