Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanuts

I am soooo grateful to NOT have an allergy to peanuts. I can't imagine
going thru life with a allergy that prevents me from enjoying peanuts.

Prolly has to do with my parents/grandparents putting out a small dish
of Spanish peanuts fer us kids to chew on, instead of candy. I've also
had "boiled peanuts", peanut butter, Beer Nuts, "saloon" peanuts, "Dry
Roasted", etc. They're all good.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/26/2018 2:46 PM, l not -l wrote:

> Beer Nuts -YUM!

RIGHT!

I haven't eaten Beer Nuts in a coon's age. But, my buddy --same one as
gave me the spud-- gave me a 12oz can of original Beer Nuts. Yer right.
-YUM!

I've about finished 'em off (w/ no beer) and they were excellent. I'd
forgotten how much I truly love peanuts.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-26 6:35 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 9/26/2018 2:46 PM, l not -l wrote:
>
>> Beer Nuts -YUM!

> RIGHT!
>
> I haven't eaten Beer Nuts in a coon's age.Â* But, my buddy --same one as
> gave me the spud-- gave me a 12oz can of original Beer Nuts.Â* Yer right.
> Â*-YUM!
>
> I've about finished 'em off (w/ no beer) and they were excellent.Â* I'd
> forgotten how much I truly love peanuts.Â*

I haven't had them in about 40 years. They were delicious. Great bar snacks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-26 4:35 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 9/26/2018 2:46 PM, l not -l wrote:
>
>> Beer Nuts -YUM!

> RIGHT!
>
> I haven't eaten Beer Nuts in a coon's age.Â* But, my buddy --same one as
> gave me the spud-- gave me a 12oz can of original Beer Nuts.Â* Yer right.
> Â*-YUM!
>
> I've about finished 'em off (w/ no beer) and they were excellent.Â* I'd
> forgotten how much I truly love peanuts.Â*
>
> nb

Funnily enough, I've gone the other way. I used to snack on them when
out at a bar but now avoid them. I also avoid peanut-based candy as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> I am soooo grateful to NOT have an allergy to peanuts. I can't
> imagine going thru life with a allergy that prevents me from enjoying
> peanuts.
>
> Prolly has to do with my parents/grandparents putting out a small dish
> of Spanish peanuts fer us kids to chew on, instead of candy. I've also
> had "boiled peanuts", peanut butter, Beer Nuts, "saloon" peanuts, "Dry
> Roasted", etc. They're all good.
>
> nb

I had 40lbs of Cajun boiled peanuts delivered yesterday. Good and good
for you - except maybe all of that salt!

Sabritas peanuts Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 0 14-07-2013 04:00 AM
Raw Peanuts Silvar Beitel General Cooking 14 09-01-2008 05:44 AM
working for peanuts angry_dad General Cooking 7 17-06-2007 11:32 AM
More peanuts Dav General Cooking 896 15-01-2007 10:09 PM
Peanuts Sheldon General Cooking 2 01-11-2006 09:49 PM