Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The best easy to make quick snack EVER

ingredients

Lentil thin cakes (see below)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)

spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:44:28 -0600,
wrote:

>ingredients
>
>Lentil thin cakes (see below)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
>bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
>Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
>

>spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
>you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good

well yes there are always peanuts that are easier to make, although
they do take quite a bit of time to peel. Several handfuls will toast
in the airfryer in just a few minutes... add a bit of salt and they
are perfect.... only bad thing is 1 cup is over 500 freakin
calories... my snack is a very modest 20-40 calories for one cake....

well I did not really take into account the fact that you can just eat
a pickle for a snack, I guess that would be much easier... but not as
tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> ingredients
>
> Lentil thin cakes (see below)
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
> bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
> Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
>

> spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
> you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good

I like a saltine spread with Jif creamy peanut butter, and then salted.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:15:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:44:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> ingredients
>>
>> Lentil thin cakes (see below)
>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
>> bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
>> Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
>>

>> spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
>> you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good

>I like a saltine spread with Jif creamy peanut butter, and then salted.

Thing about that is saltines are not gluten free

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:22:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:15:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:44:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >> ingredients
> >>
> >> Lentil thin cakes (see below)
> >> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
> >> bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
> >> Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
> >>

> >> spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
> >> you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good

> >I like a saltine spread with Jif creamy peanut butter, and then salted.
> >

> Thing about that is saltines are not gluten free

I don't care. You don't have to eat them.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 10:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:22:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:15:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> I like a saltine spread with Jif creamy peanut butter, and then salted.
>>>

>> Thing about that is saltines are not gluten free

> I don't care. You don't have to eat them.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

There's that preaching platform again: gluten. Pbbbt. I don't care if
saltines have kosher salt in or on them, either. Nor the peanut butter,
for that matter. PB crackers are a tasty snack!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 11:02:53 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/23/2019 10:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:22:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> >> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:15:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> Thing about that is saltines are not gluten free

> > I don't care. You don't have to eat them.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> There's that preaching platform again: gluten. Pbbbt. I don't care if
> saltines have kosher salt in or on them, either. Nor the peanut butter,
> for that matter. PB crackers are a tasty snack!
>
> Jill

If gluten makes him sick, then he shouldn't eat it. Nor should he be
surprised if others talk about foods with gluten.

Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
Premium saltines.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
> Premium saltines.

Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.

Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
ancient and long gone oceans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pamela wrote:

> On 18:05 23 Feb 2019, Gary > wrote:
>
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
> >> Premium saltines.

> > Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
> > trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
> > sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
> > superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
> > difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
> >
> > Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
> > salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
> > ancient and long gone oceans.

> Not forgetting pink Himalayan salt. Heh!

That Himalayan salt was also formed at the bottom of an old sea.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 1:05 PM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
>> Premium saltines.

> Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
> trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
> sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
> superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
> difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
>
> Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
> salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
> ancient and long gone oceans.

Yes, salt is salt but certain grinds affect how you taste it. Following
your simplified definition, why not just collect some of the salt used
to treat the roads in winter. It is just salt, same thing and it would
be free.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-23 1:09 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 18:05 23 Feb 2019, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
>>> Premium saltines.

>> Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
>> trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
>> sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
>> superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
>> difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
>>
>> Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
>> salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
>> ancient and long gone oceans.

> Not forgetting pink Himalayan salt. Heh!

The Himalayas were not always mountains. The mountains are there now
because plates of rock were forced up upward, exposing layers of rock
and minerals that had been buried. Besides, Himalayan salt is not from
the Himalayas. It is from the Salt range in Punjab.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> ingredients
>
> Lentil thin cakes (see below)
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
> bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
> Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
>

> spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
> you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

I can tell from your topic heading that you're an absolutist type and/or English is a second language. You're going to fit in well in this crowd but what the heck is gluten free bread and butter chips? This implies that certain brands of pickles have gluten. What brands are those? I've never had pickles with gluten - sounds wild.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:10:47 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-23 1:09 p.m., Pamela wrote:

> >> Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
> >> trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
> >> sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
> >> superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
> >> difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
> >>
> >> Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
> >> salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
> >> ancient and long gone oceans.

> > Not forgetting pink Himalayan salt. Heh!

> The Himalayas were not always mountains. The mountains are there now
> because plates of rock were forced up upward, exposing layers of rock
> and minerals that had been buried. Besides, Himalayan salt is not from
> the Himalayas. It is from the Salt range in Punjab.

The appeal of seasoning your food with fossil salt 600 to 800 million years old is undeniable. Unfortunately, having to bite down on crushed rocky material pretty much killed that idea for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:02:40 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/23/2019 10:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:22:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:15:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Thing about that is saltines are not gluten free

>> I don't care. You don't have to eat them.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>There's that preaching platform again: gluten. Pbbbt. I don't care if
>saltines have kosher salt in or on them, either. Nor the peanut butter,
>for that matter. PB crackers are a tasty snack!
>
>Jill

Who the fuk is preaching? not I... Gluten is bad for you, period. It
can cause an autoimmune response, make you feel like shit, sap all of
your energy, cause sever dry skin, make your face and scalp peel, make
you constipated for weeks... It is some bad shit man.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 13:05:49 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
>> Premium saltines.

>Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
>trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
>sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
>superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
>difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.

THANK YOU GARY!!! That was my entire point with the kosher BS...

>Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
>salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
>ancient and long gone oceans.

I prefer the pink himalayan salt from the tops of mountain peeks that
has been carried down then carried back up only to be sent down a
water trough system soaked in sea water for 32.763 days evaporated
carried back up to the mountain top then boxed and air droned from
the mountain to my house....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 18:09:55 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 18:05 23 Feb 2019, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
>>> Premium saltines.

>> Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
>> trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
>> sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
>> superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
>> difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
>>
>> Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
>> salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
>> ancient and long gone oceans.

>Not forgetting pink Himalayan salt. Heh!

Oh great now because you said it first means I was just copying
you.... fact is dammit I posted my post before I read yours

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:03:29 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 2/23/2019 1:05 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
>>> Premium saltines.

>> Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
>> trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
>> sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
>> superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
>> difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
>>
>> Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
>> salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
>> ancient and long gone oceans.
>>

>Yes, salt is salt but certain grinds affect how you taste it. Following
>your simplified definition, why not just collect some of the salt used
>to treat the roads in winter. It is just salt, same thing and it would
>be free.

Oh yum tar flavored salt... I wonder if it is gluten free :P

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:13:38 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:44:34 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> ingredients
>>
>> Lentil thin cakes (see below)
>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
>> bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
>> Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
>>

>> spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
>> you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good
>> --
>>

>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>> ~Toidi Uoy

>I can tell from your topic heading that you're an absolutist type and/or English is a second language. You're going to fit in well in this crowd but what the heck is gluten free bread and butter chips? This implies that certain brands of pickles have gluten. What brands are those? I've never had pickles with gluten - sounds wild.

well the actual cucumber when harvested does not contain gluten,
however the pickling medium if not carefully handled in a gluten free
environment can become cross contaminated.

For instance coffee beans are gluten free, when they are ground at a
factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package those
coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will be cross
contaminated with gluten.

There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of which
the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the non
flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....

You should not ever buy coffee that has been pre ground, besides
ground coffee only stays fresh for maybe 2-3 days

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 2:03:33 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/23/2019 1:05 PM, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> Oddly enough, the saltines I bought today said "sea salt". Plain old
> >> Premium saltines.

> > Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
> > trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
> > sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
> > superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
> > difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
> >
> > Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
> > salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
> > ancient and long gone oceans.
> >

> Yes, salt is salt but certain grinds affect how you taste it. Following
> your simplified definition, why not just collect some of the salt used
> to treat the roads in winter. It is just salt, same thing and it would
> be free.

You might occasionally chip a tooth on the gravel, though.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 2:32:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:02:40 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> I don't care. You don't have to eat them.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> >There's that preaching platform again: gluten. Pbbbt. I don't care if
> >saltines have kosher salt in or on them, either. Nor the peanut butter,
> >for that matter. PB crackers are a tasty snack!
> >
> >Jill

> Who the fuk is preaching? not I... Gluten is bad for you, period. It
> can cause an autoimmune response, make you feel like shit, sap all of
> your energy, cause sever dry skin, make your face and scalp peel, make
> you constipated for weeks... It is some bad shit man.

Gluten is not bad for me. It does not cause an autoimmune response. It
does not make me feel like shit. It does not sap all of my energy. It
does not cause me to have severe dry skin. It does not make my face and
scalp peel. It does not make me constipated for weeks.

I've been eating gluten all of my life and I don't have any of those
symptoms.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-23 1:01 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 2:03:33 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
>>> trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
>>> sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
>>> superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
>>> difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.
>>>
>>> Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
>>> salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
>>> ancient and long gone oceans.
>>>

>> Yes, salt is salt but certain grinds affect how you taste it. Following
>> your simplified definition, why not just collect some of the salt used
>> to treat the roads in winter. It is just salt, same thing and it would
>> be free.

> You might occasionally chip a tooth on the gravel, though.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That almost happened to me once. A local bakery uses sea salt and I bit
on a pebble when eating a slice of their excellent SD bread. It didn't
cause any damage so I was quite happy to accept a free loaf when I
showed it to the baker's wife.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:47:10 AM UTC-10,

> well the actual cucumber when harvested does not contain gluten,
> however the pickling medium if not carefully handled in a gluten free
> environment can become cross contaminated.
>
> For instance coffee beans are gluten free, when they are ground at a
> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package those
> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will be cross
> contaminated with gluten.
>
> There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of which
> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the non
> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....
>
> You should not ever buy coffee that has been pre ground, besides
> ground coffee only stays fresh for maybe 2-3 days
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

You're talking about cross contamination. Okay, I get it. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 18:09:55 GMT, Pamela >
>>wrote:

>>>Not forgetting pink Himalayan salt. Heh!

>>Oh great now because you said it first means I was just copying
>>you.... fact is dammit I posted my post before I read yours

>These little things seem to mattter a lot to you.

Ahh but you seem to be failing to see the humor in the situation

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:03:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 2:32:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:02:40 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>> >There's that preaching platform again: gluten. Pbbbt. I don't care if
>> >saltines have kosher salt in or on them, either. Nor the peanut butter,
>> >for that matter. PB crackers are a tasty snack!
>> >
>> >Jill

>> Who the fuk is preaching? not I... Gluten is bad for you, period. It
>> can cause an autoimmune response, make you feel like shit, sap all of
>> your energy, cause sever dry skin, make your face and scalp peel, make
>> you constipated for weeks... It is some bad shit man.

>Gluten is not bad for me. It does not cause an autoimmune response. It
>does not make me feel like shit. It does not sap all of my energy. It
>does not cause me to have severe dry skin. It does not make my face and
>scalp peel. It does not make me constipated for weeks.
>
>I've been eating gluten all of my life and I don't have any of those
>symptoms.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Well now..."isn't that special"
said in the old ladies voice that was being actually made by a male
playing the role of church lady on SNL

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:12:45 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:47:10 AM UTC-10,
>>
>> well the actual cucumber when harvested does not contain gluten,
>> however the pickling medium if not carefully handled in a gluten free
>> environment can become cross contaminated.
>>
>> For instance coffee beans are gluten free, when they are ground at a
>> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package those
>> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will be cross
>> contaminated with gluten.
>>
>> There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of which
>> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the non
>> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....
>>
>> You should not ever buy coffee that has been pre ground, besides
>> ground coffee only stays fresh for maybe 2-3 days
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>You're talking about cross contamination. Okay, I get it. Thanks.

NP....

Sorry if I tend to go on and on but I find it useful to fully explain
things and give examples... it has saved me from trying to explain the
same answer several times

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-23 2:19 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:10:47 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith

>>> Not forgetting pink Himalayan salt. Heh!

>> The Himalayas were not always mountains. The mountains are there
>> now because plates of rock were forced up upward, exposing layers
>> of rock and minerals that had been buried. Besides, Himalayan salt
>> is not from the Himalayas. It is from the Salt range in Punjab.
>>>

> The appeal of seasoning your food with fossil salt 600 to 800 million
> years old is undeniable. Unfortunately, having to bite down on
> crushed rocky material pretty much killed that idea for me.

Fossil salt? WTH are on you about Willis?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 4:13:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:03:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 2:32:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> >> Who the fuk is preaching? not I... Gluten is bad for you, period. It
> >> can cause an autoimmune response, make you feel like shit, sap all of
> >> your energy, cause sever dry skin, make your face and scalp peel, make
> >> you constipated for weeks... It is some bad shit man.

> >Gluten is not bad for me. It does not cause an autoimmune response. It
> >does not make me feel like shit. It does not sap all of my energy. It
> >does not cause me to have severe dry skin. It does not make my face and
> >scalp peel. It does not make me constipated for weeks.
> >
> >I've been eating gluten all of my life and I don't have any of those
> >symptoms.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> Well now..."isn't that special"
> said in the old ladies voice that was being actually made by a male
> playing the role of church lady on SNL

Let me put it more plainly for you. You're broken. What happens to
you happens to very few people. When you say, "Gluten is bad for you"
what you really mean is "Gluten is bad for ME."

I honestly have sympathy for people who have trouble with gluten,
because it's so hard to avoid. But you're just being a dick about it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 11:26:55 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> Fossil salt? WTH are on you about Willis?

"Fossil salt" is salt that's really old. 800 million year old salt certainly qualifies. There's also fossil water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_water
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 13:43:14 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 4:13:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:03:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Gluten is not bad for me. It does not cause an autoimmune response. It
>> >does not make me feel like shit. It does not sap all of my energy. It
>> >does not cause me to have severe dry skin. It does not make my face and
>> >scalp peel. It does not make me constipated for weeks.
>> >
>> >I've been eating gluten all of my life and I don't have any of those
>> >symptoms.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> Well now..."isn't that special"
>> said in the old ladies voice that was being actually made by a male
>> playing the role of church lady on SNL
>>

>Let me put it more plainly for you. You're broken. What happens to
>you happens to very few people.

Actually I think you would be very very surprised how many people it
actually effects..

> When you say, "Gluten is bad for you"
>what you really mean is "Gluten is bad for ME."

You say that but I mean gluten is bad for you, maybe not you
personally but maybe your children or grandchildren or great.... thus
making it bad for you as well

>I honestly have sympathy for people who have trouble with gluten,
>because it's so hard to avoid. But you're just being a dick about it.

I am a dick because other people are stupid, like the person that is
in here talking like he actually knows something about it when clearly
he does not...
I am what they call passive aggressive.. excuse the oxymoron but that
is what they call it, and please don't ask me who they are because it
is just they.. them.....

I will try try try to get my point across for the betterment of human
kind, although with the shit show that is going on now we only have
like 150 years on this planet or at least that is what "they" are
saying

sorry I can not cite the original article I am talking about but here
is something similar
https://futurism.com/stephen-hawking...efore-doomsday

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 5:15:59 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I like a saltine spread with Jif creamy peanut butter, and then salted.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

My kind of snack! But I admit I've never salted peanut butter. Peanut butter
on toasted bread is rather lip smacking to me as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 1:32:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:02:40 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> >There's that preaching platform again: gluten. Pbbbt. I don't care if
> >saltines have kosher salt in or on them, either. Nor the peanut butter,
> >for that matter. PB crackers are a tasty snack!
> >
> >Jill

> Who the fuk is preaching? not I... Gluten is bad for you, period. It
> can cause an autoimmune response, make you feel like shit, sap all of
> your energy, cause sever dry skin, make your face and scalp peel, make
> you constipated for weeks... It is some bad shit man.

You just preached/lectured how bad it is for people. 99% of the people here
don't suffer from it or if they do they've kept it secret. Just remember this
little tidbit; what's good for you is not necessarily good for everyone else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 1:47:10 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> For instance coffee beans are gluten free, when they are ground at a
> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package those
> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will be cross
> contaminated with gluten.
>
> There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of which
> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the non
> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....
>
> You should not ever buy coffee that has been pre ground, besides
> ground coffee only stays fresh for maybe 2-3 days

Where in the world are you shopping/eating that the same grinders used for
coffee beans is used to make coffee cakes, donuts, or any of type of pastry???????????? Please post pictures!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

You are SUCH a ****ing BORE...more boring even than the mentally unbalanced John Kuthe or the ever - whining J. Bovine...

--
Worst
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:18:43 -0800 (PST), GM

>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:12:45 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:47:10 AM UTC-10,

>> >You're talking about cross contamination. Okay, I get it. Thanks.

>> NP....
>>
>> Sorry if I tend to go on and on but I find it useful to fully explain
>> things and give examples... it has saved me from trying to explain the
>> same answer several times
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>You are SUCH a ****ing BORE...more boring even than the mentally unbalanced John Kuthe or the ever - whining J. Bovine...

and I much appreciate you kind words

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:18:43 -0800 (PST), GM

>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:12:45 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >You're talking about cross contamination. Okay, I get it. Thanks.

>> NP....
>>
>> Sorry if I tend to go on and on but I find it useful to fully explain
>> things and give examples... it has saved me from trying to explain the
>> same answer several times
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>You are SUCH a ****ing BORE...more boring even than the mentally unbalanced John Kuthe or the ever - whining J. Bovine...

You forgot to mention the endless Google Groups formatted article
quotes by Greg Morrow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:11:20 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 1:47:10 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> For instance coffee beans are gluten free, when they are ground at a
>> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package those
>> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will be cross
>> contaminated with gluten.
>>
>> There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of which
>> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the non
>> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....
>>
>> You should not ever buy coffee that has been pre ground, besides
>> ground coffee only stays fresh for maybe 2-3 days
>>

>Where in the world are you shopping/eating that the same grinders used for
>coffee beans is used to make coffee cakes, donuts, or any of type of pastry???????????? Please post pictures!!!!!!!

Wow seriously? Did you even read what I posted? hmmm... the education
in this country is for shit.....

I will type this really slow lets see if you get it this time

>>when they are ground at a
>> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package those

now pay attention to this word closely ^^^ and this one ^^^^

>> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will be cross
>> contaminated with gluten.

I was not going to go into that much detail because I thought it was
fully explained.. but I guess I will have to now.....

first let me requote this
>> There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of which
>> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the non
>> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....

so you know what I was talking about when mentioning the beans and the
flavored beans used in grinding....

I guess you just missed it the first time....

but to continue, when beans are ground they go through a lengthy
process of travel to the grinder, through the grinder, along another
conveyer to packaging and finally packaged.

All of these conveyers are usually going to be shared equipment with
gluten laden products hence cross contamination. Also if these
products are actually made there then the gluten wheat flour will be
in the air, the air ducts, there will be flour dust that has settled
all over the entire factory. that means on the conveyers on the
packaging machine in and on the grinders.....

Did you require further descriptions?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:11:20 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 1:47:10 PM UTC-6,
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> For instance coffee beans are gluten free, when they are ground at

> a >> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package
> those >> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will
> be cross >> contaminated with gluten.
> >>
> >> There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of

> which >> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the
> non >> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....
> >>
> >> You should not ever buy coffee that has been pre ground, besides
> >> ground coffee only stays fresh for maybe 2-3 days
> >>

> > Where in the world are you shopping/eating that the same grinders
> > used for coffee beans is used to make coffee cakes, donuts, or any
> > of type of pastry???????????? Please post pictures!!!!!!!

> Wow seriously? Did you even read what I posted? hmmm... the education
> in this country is for shit.....
>
> I will type this really slow lets see if you get it this time
>
> > > when they are ground at a
> >> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package

> those now pay attention to this word closely ^^^ and this one ^^^^
>
> >> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will be

> cross >> contaminated with gluten.
>
> I was not going to go into that much detail because I thought it was
> fully explained.. but I guess I will have to now.....
>
> first let me requote this
> >> There are usually lots of wheat based flavors that they use of

> which >> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the
> non >> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....
> so you know what I was talking about when mentioning the beans and the
> flavored beans used in grinding....
>
> I guess you just missed it the first time....
>
> but to continue, when beans are ground they go through a lengthy
> process of travel to the grinder, through the grinder, along another
> conveyer to packaging and finally packaged.
>
> All of these conveyers are usually going to be shared equipment with
> gluten laden products hence cross contamination. Also if these
> products are actually made there then the gluten wheat flour will be
> in the air, the air ducts, there will be flour dust that has settled
> all over the entire factory. that means on the conveyers on the
> packaging machine in and on the grinders.....
>
> Did you require further descriptions?

Hi All, looks like we have a new troll and this one is on religion and
frantic about gluten to a level no one without celiac disease needs to
be.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 16:24:45 -0600, Hank Rogers >

>>> Think about it though, Cindy. This is where Premium is probably
>>> trying to trick us only because the "trending salt" these days is
>>> sea salt. People now spend more for sea salt and they feel
>>> superior. It's just a marketing ploy. All salt is sea salt, only
>>> difference is where it came from and how long ago it formed.

>> THANK YOU GARY!!! That was my entire point with the kosher BS...
>>

>>> Personally, I prefer the mined ancient sea salt, now just called
>>> salt. The ocean was much more pure when that salt formed in
>>> ancient and long gone oceans.

>> I prefer the pink himalayan salt from the tops of mountain peeks that
>> has been carried down then carried back up only to be sent down a
>> water trough system soaked in sea water for 32.763 days evaporated
>> carried back up to the mountain top then boxed and air droned from
>> the mountain to my house....
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
>>

>But Jeasus never had that ... the only salt that ancient goat herding
>semite had was licked from a camel's balls, or dredged from the dead sea.
>
>The romans never established grocery stores in judea.

Again with the jesus... Now which jesus are you referring to? because
to my understanding the name jesus was a popular name in that region
at that time....
If you are referring to jesus christ then no of course it never had
the pink salt from the mountain tops that has been sent to him through
Amazon with an air drone.. Don't be silly.

Jesus christ had the harry potter magic so it could just magically
transport to where ever and get the salt. but why do all of that when
it can just magically create salt and even use another magical
incantation to make it pink... DUHHHH... LOL

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____