Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The best easy to make quick snack EVER

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 09:01:04 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 7:37 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>>> I will try try try to get my point across for the betterment of human
>>> kind, although with the shit show that is going on now we only have
>>> like 150 years on this planet or at least that is what "they" are
>>> saying

>> I hate to break it to you, but bloviating on Usenet isn't going to change
>> a thing. Not a single mind, not a single external circumstance.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>Ypu are probably right, but I pray to the Lord for change.

LOL talking to harry potter is not going to help anything

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 5:38 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Hi All, looks like we have a new troll and this one is on religion and
> frantic about gluten to a level no one without celiac disease needs to
> be.

You must have missed the rant about restaurants not being able to cater
to vegans due to cross contamination in the kitchen. Or was it the
stupidity of the staff? Vegans need stop expecting the world to cater
to their narrow idea of what is good for everyone. Vegans are worse
than proselytizing religious fanatics any day!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>You seem rather delicate if that troubled you ... or are you trolling?

>> sorry Pamela that was not at all intended towards you, You have been
>> kind and had nice words to say to me, and I appreciate that. You have
>> been like a beacon shining in the night making me feel safe and
>> keeping me warm and cozy.....
>> You have made my time here worth it and I will never forget all that
>> you have done for me...
>>
>> You have in no way been a hypocrite so please just pay no mind to the
>> post as it was not intended for you sweet gentle eyes.....
>>
>> And I am delicate... I am like a strand of cotton that has floated
>> through the air and landed on a rose petal and become lodged in the
>> early mornings dew...........
>>
>> AHHHH HELP ME I AM DROWNING IN THE DAMN EARLY MORNING DEW... well
>> don't this just suck....
>>
>> ya see.. very delicate...
>>
>> another way of putting it is I am like a nanometer thin sheet of a
>> soda-lime-silica compound and the world is like a giant maul that is
>> just waiting to smash me to bits

>John Kuthe has some spare medication he's not using which you may find
>useful.

Sorry, but one has to read like all of my posts to understand why I
say the things I do, in another unrelated post I remarked on how most
of the time I post something on here I am just being silly or just
****ing with someone.....

Pretty much everything I said in my previous reply to you was
sarcasm.. except the part about how the post was not meant for you...

But NNNNOOOO you gotta go all Deliverance cra cra on me and treat me
like a third world starving peasant farmer that only has 1 potato
growing in the window...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 10:18:31 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/23/2019 10:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 15:13:40 -0600,
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:03:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Well now..."isn't that special"
>>> said in the old ladies voice that was being actually made by a male
>>> playing the role of church lady on SNL

>> We must be really dumb, huh.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>I'm not dub (or stupid). I actually know the name of the person who
>portrayed the church lady on SNL.
>
>Jill

Wow jill that Almost sounds like a personal attack. Like so I did not
say D. C. name, maybe I had a reason... Maybe he and I go way back and
we are just the best of buds and no one can ever change that....
(excuse me I am tearing up)

Ok back... so anyway maybe I did not say The D.C. name because I was
not representing the actual person that is D.C. but the voice of the
church lady character. I wanted to emphasize the fact that the voice
was a male voice portraying a elderly female christian nazi. Cause
lets face it all christians are basically nazi. Anyway, I am done.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 10:41:25 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> Gary wrote:
>>
>> >"What you talkin about Willis"

>> It is so amazing how the hypocrites all come out .... Just yesterday
>> every one and their grandmother was complaining that I was not talking
>> enough about food...
>>
>> oh how the mighty have fallen...

>To post to this group you need to be ready to fend off critics or
>just ignore them. Most everyone here has to run the gauntlet on a
>regular basis. OTOH, the constant bickering seems to keep this ng
>alive when so many have died out.

yeah that is what I am thinking also. I feel as though I brought a
little life to a newsgroup that almost seems mechanical from the
complaints I have gotten... They all want to go food food food and I
bring a little humor and silly antics in and almost everyone wants to
add their overly glutenized **** in my gluten free rice krispies and
call me a troll and pick on me and laugh at me, and make me feel
unloved and unwelcome...... I mean cmon why would you want to add your
gluten rich **** to my freakin gluten free food. That is just an
atrocity that I do not even want to consider...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 06:12:35 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 04:57:15 -0600,
>> wrote:

>> >Wow you must be a youngin'

>> About as young as me. Willlis?

>Referring to a well known phrase on an old sitcom
>Copy this below and enter it in to Google
> "What you talkin about Willis"

I can hear the laughing tape already.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/23/2019 5:38 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Hi All, looks like we have a new troll and this one is on religion
> > and frantic about gluten to a level no one without celiac disease
> > needs to be.

> You must have missed the rant about restaurants not being able to
> cater to vegans due to cross contamination in the kitchen. Or was it
> the stupidity of the staff? Vegans need stop expecting the world to
> cater to their narrow idea of what is good for everyone. Vegans are
> worse than proselytizing religious fanatics any day!
>
> Jill

I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
with nothing worthy to read, was enough.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> > ground at >>>> a factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps
> > they package >>>> those coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then
> > the coffee will >>>> be cross contaminated with gluten.

> > the >>>> non flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that

> > besides >>>> ground coffee only stays fresh for maybe 2-3 days

> > grinders >>> used for coffee beans is used to make coffee cakes,
> > donuts, or any of >>> type of pastry????????????* Please post
> > pictures!!!!!!!

> > > That's quite a reach, Dave.
> > >

> > Yes, but I think I cracked the code that connected coffee grinders
> > to coffee cake.

> If gluten gets in through those cracks in your code, you're doomed.
>
> Janet UK

+1

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 6:10:36 PM UTC-10, dejamos wrote:
> >
> > We called them filberts in Houston when I was a kid in the '60s
> > (although I believe I knew at the time they were also known as
> > hazelnuts) but over time they became hazelnuts. I haven't heard
> > them called or called them filberts myself for many years.

> My wife had filbert trees at her home in Virginia. She said that they
> used to have piles of the nuts in her garage. The used to jump on the
> piles and play in them. This was 100% all-natural ball pits before
> there was ball pits.
>
> She called them "filberts" because that's what the Americans called
> these nuts back in the old days. "Hazelnuts" is the classier,
> European name, for the unpopular filbert. The move to change the name
> for marketing purposes is a deliberate and smart one.

I'm not that familiar with either one and didnt realize the name was
for the same thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 1:34 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 2/23/2019 5:38 PM, cshenk wrote:
>>> Hi All, looks like we have a new troll and this one is on religion
>>> and frantic about gluten to a level no one without celiac disease
>>> needs to be.

>> You must have missed the rant about restaurants not being able to
>> cater to vegans due to cross contamination in the kitchen. Or was it
>> the stupidity of the staff? Vegans need stop expecting the world to
>> cater to their narrow idea of what is good for everyone. Vegans are
>> worse than proselytizing religious fanatics any day!
>>
>> Jill

> I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
> with nothing worthy to read, was enough.

I k/f'd the minute I read the nickname. I hadn't read the ng in a few
days so I was interested in joan's chicken pot pie. Not that I have a
Ninja Foodie device. That's when I found the bombardment with
anti-religious and anti gluten and vegan rants. I only saw the fidiot
because of all the replies.

It's now trying to counteract by posting recipes.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:58:48 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 1:34 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> You must have missed the rant about restaurants not being able to
>>> cater to vegans due to cross contamination in the kitchen. Or was it
>>> the stupidity of the staff? Vegans need stop expecting the world to
>>> cater to their narrow idea of what is good for everyone. Vegans are
>>> worse than proselytizing religious fanatics any day!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
>> with nothing worthy to read, was enough.
>>

>I k/f'd the minute I read the nickname. I hadn't read the ng in a few
>days so I was interested in joan's chicken pot pie. Not that I have a
>Ninja Foodie device. That's when I found the bombardment with
>anti-religious and anti gluten and vegan rants. I only saw the fidiot
>because of all the replies.
>
>It's now trying to counteract by posting recipes.

So sharp and on the ball!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 1:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 6:10:36 PM UTC-10, dejamos wrote:
>>>
>>> We called them filberts in Houston when I was a kid in the '60s
>>> (although I believe I knew at the time they were also known as
>>> hazelnuts) but over time they became hazelnuts. I haven't heard
>>> them called or called them filberts myself for many years.

>> My wife had filbert trees at her home in Virginia. She said that they
>> used to have piles of the nuts in her garage. The used to jump on the
>> piles and play in them. This was 100% all-natural ball pits before
>> there was ball pits.
>>
>> She called them "filberts" because that's what the Americans called
>> these nuts back in the old days. "Hazelnuts" is the classier,
>> European name, for the unpopular filbert. The move to change the name
>> for marketing purposes is a deliberate and smart one.

> I'm not that familiar with either one and didnt realize the name was
> for the same thing.

I guess you don't eat tree nuts? Hazelnuts are often found in canned or
jarred snack nut mixes which often also include almonds, cashews, pecans
and brazil nuts. Love 'em!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 1:34 PM, cshenk wrote:
> I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
> with nothing worthy to read, was enough.

People that repeatedly brag about their killfilters
are generally assholes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:43:00 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with either one and didnt realize the name was
> for the same thing.

Americans ain't really into hazelnuts or filberts. In other cultures, the hazelnut is as important as peanuts is to the American way of life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 14:05:19 -0500, Jack Granade >
wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 1:34 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
>> with nothing worthy to read, was enough.
>>

>People that repeatedly brag about their killfilters
>are generally assholes.

Yes, often. Not that cshenk's an asshole.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/23/2019 9:10 PM, wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 6:50:36 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> > > Hazelnuts (filberts?) are rather bland, but great with chocolate
> > > imo. Peanut butter's great. Also imo, of course.
> > >

> > Ooooh, I like hazelnuts, too. Carnation, I think that's the brand,
> > makes a hazelnut flavored coffee creamer. I don't care for
> > flavored creamers in my coffee but that stuff mixed with a glass of
> > milk is the bee's knees to me!
> >

> I like to snack on hazelnuts. They usually come in a can of nut mix
> which does NOT contain peanuts. Don't ask me why.
>
> I don't use coffee creamers but yes, I think that's the brand. I
> remember my mother bought hazelnut coffee creamer. I've never tried
> adding it to a glass of milk!
>
> Jill

I like coffee creamers at work. Not so much the powdered sorts, but
lots of different flavors. I am not as much into Hazelnut creamers now
as at one work place, the coffee mess caretaker loved that best of all
and rarely got anything else. Got tired ot it.

At current (probably forever) job, we mix and match with trying to
always have the vanilla (everyone likes it) and one other variable
item. I take turns picking up creamer at times when our coffee mess
person is busy and we run low.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-02-23 7:10 p.m., graham wrote:
> > On 2019-02-23 4:21 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

> > > I often have PB toast for breakfast. Â* The peanut butter I buy
> > > already has salt in it.Â* I buy the store brand natural peanut
> > > butter. Two ingredients: peanuts and salt.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > I've never understood the attraction of PB. I think it's vile, but
> > then, I don't like peanuts!

> I might be biased because I like peanuts. I wasn't crazy about peanut
> butter when I was a kid. I discovered much later that it was to be
> used as the main attraction, not as a condiment. My mother always
> used it sparingly, usually with jam or bananas, and I followed suit.
> I leaned in my 20s that it was best when smeared on thick.

Yup, opposite of Vegemite there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:15:05 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:43:00 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> I'm not that familiar with either one and didnt realize the name was
>> for the same thing.

>Americans ain't really into hazelnuts or filberts.

Debunk: The hazelnut's the 6th most grown nut in the US.

> In other cultures, the hazelnut is as important as peanuts is to the American way of life.

Debunk: I don't know any culture where the hazelnut's bigger than the
peanut.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:21:27 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:

>> > I've never understood the attraction of PB. I think it's vile, but
>> > then, I don't like peanuts!

>> I might be biased because I like peanuts. I wasn't crazy about peanut
>> butter when I was a kid. I discovered much later that it was to be
>> used as the main attraction, not as a condiment. My mother always
>> used it sparingly, usually with jam or bananas, and I followed suit.
>> I leaned in my 20s that it was best when smeared on thick.

>Yup, opposite of Vegemite there.

The more Australian you are, the thicker you smear it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/24/2019 1:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

> > > My wife had filbert trees at her home in Virginia. She said that
> > > they used to have piles of the nuts in her garage. The used to
> > > jump on the piles and play in them. This was 100% all-natural
> > > ball pits before there was ball pits.
> > >
> > > She called them "filberts" because that's what the Americans
> > > called these nuts back in the old days. "Hazelnuts" is the
> > > classier, European name, for the unpopular filbert. The move to
> > > change the name for marketing purposes is a deliberate and smart
> > > one.

> > I'm not that familiar with either one and didnt realize the name was
> > for the same thing.
> >

> I guess you don't eat tree nuts? Hazelnuts are often found in canned
> or jarred snack nut mixes which often also include almonds, cashews,
> pecans and brazil nuts. Love 'em!
>
> Jill

No I do, just was not aware they were the same. I don't eat that many
mixed nuts to have noticed it I guess.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 1:34 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> You must have missed the rant about restaurants not being able to
>>> cater to vegans due to cross contamination in the kitchen. Or was it
>>> the stupidity of the staff? Vegans need stop expecting the world to
>>> cater to their narrow idea of what is good for everyone. Vegans are
>>> worse than proselytizing religious fanatics any day!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
>> with nothing worthy to read, was enough.
>>

>I k/f'd the minute I read the nickname. I hadn't read the ng in a few
>days so I was interested in joan's chicken pot pie. Not that I have a
>Ninja Foodie device. That's when I found the bombardment with
>anti-religious and anti gluten and vegan rants. I only saw the fidiot
>because of all the replies.
>
>It's now trying to counteract by posting recipes.
>
>Jill

Wow that is so funny, because I had a recipe in my first post....
and I have posted 3 or 4 others in the last few days... All I can say
is WOW!!

Some people like to make shit up huh?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 1:34 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
>> with nothing worthy to read, was enough.
>>

>People that repeatedly brag about their killfilters
>are generally assholes.

Well said sir, well said

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 06:16:52 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 14:05:19 -0500, Jack Granade >
>wrote:
>
>>On 2/24/2019 1:34 PM, cshenk wrote:
>>> I'm skipping him totally now. I figure a sample of first 70 messahes
>>> with nothing worthy to read, was enough.
>>>

>>People that repeatedly brag about their killfilters
>>are generally assholes.

>Yes, often. Not that cshenk's an asshole.

well what we do know that is that it is a theist, it believes magic
sky daddys are real. Therefore by default it will be prejudiced, of a
lower intelligence, and incredibly moronic.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 22:53:52 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 22:18 23 Feb 2019, GM > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:12:45 -0800 (PST), dsi1

>>> NP....
>>>
>>> Sorry if I tend to go on and on but I find it useful to fully explain
>>> things and give examples... it has saved me from trying to explain the
>>> same answer several times
>>>

>> You are SUCH a ****ing BORE...more boring even than the mentally
>> unbalanced John Kuthe or the ever - whining J. Bovine...

>A real windbag.

Oh WOW pamela we shared a brief repartee that was friendly and I was
thinking that we would have been best buds... eventually never gotten
married and never had 2.4 children... That .4 child is always the
worst....I though we would have had a long life together sharing the
joy and love that is food preparation and consumption. I mean we never
even got to the rum. Oh man the rum, we go way back that rum and I.

Sorry getting off kilter here...

As I was saying if you read my posts with an open mind and a bit of
silliness in your heart then you may be able to appreciate the gravity
of the situation.

I mean "Why so serious?" ~ the joker

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:19:49 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:10:47 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Not forgetting pink Himalayan salt. Heh!

>> The Himalayas were not always mountains. The mountains are there now
>> because plates of rock were forced up upward, exposing layers of rock
>> and minerals that had been buried. Besides, Himalayan salt is not from
>> the Himalayas. It is from the Salt range in Punjab.
>> >

>The appeal of seasoning your food with fossil salt 600 to 800 million years old is undeniable. Unfortunately, having to bite down on crushed rocky material pretty much killed that idea for me.

Piggybacking here.

The Punjab is in the Himalayas, Western Himalayas.

JB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pamela wrote:
> Himalayan salt is said to be formed from sea salt a long time ago.

To my knowledge, ALL salt comes from current evaporated sea salt
or ancient sea beds. It's all sea salt just with different
minerals or pollutants.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:58:07 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 13:16 26 Feb 2019, JBurns > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:19:49 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>>The appeal of seasoning your food with fossil salt 600 to 800 million
>>>years old is undeniable. Unfortunately, having to bite down on crushed
>>>rocky material pretty much killed that idea for me.

>> Piggybacking here.
>>
>> The Punjab is in the Himalayas, Western Himalayas.
>>
>> JB

>Himalayan salt is said to be formed from sea salt a long time ago.

well sure but do you think the sea water was pink way back then?

Pink oceans would have been spectacular

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 9:05:51 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Pamela wrote:
> > Himalayan salt is said to be formed from sea salt a long time ago.

> To my knowledge, ALL salt comes from current evaporated sea salt
> or ancient sea beds. It's all sea salt just with different
> minerals or pollutants.

Salt from ancient sea beds is just as filthy-looking as
modern sea salt, until the manufacturer processes it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:05:53 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Pamela wrote:
>> Himalayan salt is said to be formed from sea salt a long time ago.

>To my knowledge, ALL salt comes from current evaporated sea salt
>or ancient sea beds. It's all sea salt just with different
>minerals or pollutants.

Not sermonizing to you Gary.

this is such a stupid argument. The OP (way back up thread) obviously
penny pinched against Kosher salt. The fact is that salt isn't the
only place we have choice and accept it and the prices that go with
it.
We just talked about different kinds of Bok Choy. And different
Worstershire. We've discussed different butter. Lamb from Australia
vs.. U.S. And on and on. If I want to use Himalayan salt, Kosher
salt or ordinary table salt, I know it is salt but slightly different
We make choices.
So some Wackadoodle uses 'Kosher salt is just salt' to muscle his way
into this group to spread his personal rage against Christians and
abuse others who disagree with him. We don't have to support him by
responding to him.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I am so allergic to tree nuts, a whole filbert would kill me. Those Nutella commercials make
me shudder. Filberts are the worst for me.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/26/2019 9:05 AM, Gary wrote:
> Pamela wrote:
>> Himalayan salt is said to be formed from sea salt a long time ago.

> To my knowledge, ALL salt comes from current evaporated sea salt
> or ancient sea beds. It's all sea salt just with different
> minerals or pollutants.

We should stop taking salt from the sea. Just think, we've been "saving
the whales" for years but yet we destroy their habitat by removing the
salt.
The canned tuna industry will collapse putting people out of work. It
will be a severe economic impact and will change the Friday menu for
school lunches.

Leave the salt in the sea. Only use salt recovered from winter road
treatment. Its for the children!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-26 11:12 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/26/2019 9:05 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Pamela wrote:
>>> Himalayan salt is said to be formed from sea salt a long time ago.

>> To my knowledge, ALL salt comes from current evaporated sea salt
>> or ancient sea beds. It's all sea salt just with different
>> minerals or pollutants.
>>

> We should stop taking salt from the sea.Â* Just think, we've been "saving
> the whales" for years but yet we destroy their habitat by removing the
> salt.
> The canned tuna industry will collapse putting people out of work.Â* It
> will be a severe economic impact and will change the Friday menu for
> school lunches.
>
> Leave the salt in the sea.Â* Only use salt recovered from winter road
> treatment.Â* Its for the children!

Think of it as recycling. In this part of the world the biggest part of
the per capital consumption is road salt to make our roads and sidewalks
passable. The rest is used for cooking or seasoning. One way or another
is ends up in the sewers, in out streams and rivers and eventually back
to the ocean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:05:53 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Pamela wrote:
>> Himalayan salt is said to be formed from sea salt a long time ago.

>To my knowledge, ALL salt comes from current evaporated sea salt
>or ancient sea beds. It's all sea salt just with different
>minerals or pollutants.

Not sermonizing to you Gary.

this is such a stupid argument. The OP (way back up thread) obviously
penny pinched against Kosher salt. The fact is that salt isn't the
only place we have choice and accept it and the prices that go with
it.
We just talked about different kinds of Bok Choy. And different
Worstershire. We've discussed different butter. Lamb from Australia
vs.. U.S. And on and on. If I want to use Himalayan salt, Kosher
salt or ordinary table salt, I know it is salt but slightly different
We make choices.
So some Wackadoodle uses 'Kosher salt is just salt' to muscle his way
into this group to spread his personal rage against Christians and
abuse others who disagree with him. We don't have to support him by
responding to him.
Janet US

==

Indeed! I don't!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
>>> ingredients
>>>
>>> Lentil thin cakes (see below)
>>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
>>> bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
>>> Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
>>>

>>> spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
>>> you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good

>>I like a saltine spread with Jif creamy peanut butter, and then salted.
>>

> Thing about that is saltines are not gluten free

Gluten free crackers are easy to make.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

---
"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:44:34 PM UTC-10,
wrote:
> ingredients
>
> Lentil thin cakes (see below)
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNCKV5CW7RR6JG
> bread and butter chips (I use gluten free)
> Mayonnaise (I use gluten free)
>

> spread a dab of mayo on a lentil thin cake place two pickles
> you will soon find heaven after you try this snack it is that good
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

I can tell from your topic heading that you're an absolutist type and/or
English is a second language. You're going to fit in well in this crowd but
what the heck is gluten free bread and butter chips? This implies that
certain brands of pickles have gluten. What brands are those? I've never had
pickles with gluten - sounds wild.

---
There is a debate as to whether or not some brands/types of vinegar contain
gluten. So it could be possible. Not likely though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
news
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:11:20 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>> a >> factory that also grinds flavored beans or perhaps they package
>> those >> coffee cakes or perhaps even doughnuts then the coffee will
>> be cross >> contaminated with gluten.

>> which >> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the
>> non >> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....

>> > Where in the world are you shopping/eating that the same grinders
>> > used for coffee beans is used to make coffee cakes, donuts, or any
>> > of type of pastry???????????? Please post pictures!!!!!!!

>> Wow seriously? Did you even read what I posted? hmmm... the education
>> in this country is for shit.....
>>
>> I will type this really slow lets see if you get it this time

>> those now pay attention to this word closely ^^^ and this one ^^^^

>> cross >> contaminated with gluten.
>>
>> I was not going to go into that much detail because I thought it was
>> fully explained.. but I guess I will have to now.....
>>
>> first let me requote this

>> which >> the bits get stuck to the grinders and get mixed in with the
>> non >> flavored beans and the coffee is just crap after that point....
>> so you know what I was talking about when mentioning the beans and the
>> flavored beans used in grinding....
>>
>> I guess you just missed it the first time....
>>
>> but to continue, when beans are ground they go through a lengthy
>> process of travel to the grinder, through the grinder, along another
>> conveyer to packaging and finally packaged.
>>
>> All of these conveyers are usually going to be shared equipment with
>> gluten laden products hence cross contamination. Also if these
>> products are actually made there then the gluten wheat flour will be
>> in the air, the air ducts, there will be flour dust that has settled
>> all over the entire factory. that means on the conveyers on the
>> packaging machine in and on the grinders.....
>>
>> Did you require further descriptions?

> Hi All, looks like we have a new troll and this one is on religion and
> frantic about gluten to a level no one without celiac disease needs to
> be.

That's not true about the gluten. Some people have a gluten intolerance.
They should avoid it too. And people with arthritis often need to avoid
wheat and nightshades.

That being said... Most people shouldn't avoid it. AFAIK, only one other
person here has to avoid it and that's Ken K. Now gluten might not be his
issue. I know wheat is, among other things.

I would tell this guy to this to a GF group but I already well know that no
such group exists. There is a celiac forum but they started getting bitchy
there if you don't actually have celiac. No good food allergy groups either.
They have so much fighting going on, it makes this group look tame.
Eventually they drive off all newcomers and then turn on themselves so much
that the group fails.