Old 13-02-2019, 05:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Simple easy gluten/dairy free cookie or brownie recipe?

I'm looking for a simple easy gluten/dairy free cookie or brownie recipe.
I've tried Google several times but there's always a long long list of
ingredients or uncommon ingredients. I have a MW/convection oven and an air
fryer.

Suggestions please?

TIA

Old 13-02-2019, 11:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 11:34 AM, KenK wrote:
I'm looking for a simple easy gluten/dairy free cookie or brownie recipe.
I've tried Google several times but there's always a long long list of
ingredients or uncommon ingredients. I have a MW/convection oven and an air
fryer.

Suggestions please?

TIA

My suggestion is if you have to have gluten and dairy free "brownies" or
cookies and are going to cook them in the Microwave or an air fryer,
sorry, they're going to suck. Find something else to cook or buy some
commercial gluten and dairy free crap at the grocery store. Seriously.
They'll suck too, but at least you'll be happy to know the ingredients lits.

Jill
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 13 Feb 2019 16:34:12 GMT, KenK wrote:

I'm looking for a simple easy gluten/dairy free cookie or brownie recipe.
I've tried Google several times but there's always a long long list of
ingredients or uncommon ingredients. I have a MW/convection oven and an air
fryer.

Suggestions please?

Unless you have celiac disease or a wheat allergy, then just make
and eat traditional wheat-based foods. The whole "gluten free"
craze is just a clever and effective ruse invented by the true
celiacs to make their foods more accessible.

63% of Americans think that avoiding gluten can improve their
health. That's some pretty good marketing of pure bullshit as
there's Zero evidence to back up a gluten free diet.

Just eat the damned gluten. Yes, you will go to Hell. But hell is
actually heaven. Heaven is just yet another clever marketing ploy.
It's like the Greenland-Iceland thing.

And of course all the gluten-free recipes you see are going to have
"unusual" ingredients. That's what makes gluten-free dieters
"speshul".

-sw

-sw
Old Yesterday, 01:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:25:38 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

My suggestion is if you have to have gluten and dairy free "brownies" or
cookies and are going to cook them in the Microwave or an air fryer,
sorry, they're going to suck.

He said micro-convection, which is both oven and microwave. Unless
there's been some major improvements in the oven feature (such as
full heat rather than microwave-assisted heat), they suck as
convection ovens.

-sw

Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/13/2019 11:34 AM, KenK wrote:
I'm looking for a simple easy gluten/dairy free cookie or brownie recipe.
I've tried Google several times but there's always a long long list of
ingredients or uncommon ingredients. I have a MW/convection oven and an
air
fryer.

Suggestions please?

TIA

My suggestion is if you have to have gluten and dairy free "brownies" or
cookies and are going to cook them in the Microwave or an air fryer,
sorry, they're going to suck. Find something else to cook or buy some
commercial gluten and dairy free crap at the grocery store. Seriously.
They'll suck too, but at least you'll be happy to know the ingredients
lits.

I agree.

Enjoy Life cookies should be available anywhere. They are free of all
allergens. They're too sweet for my taste and they are all soft. Of the
various varieties, I would have to say that the chocolate chip are the best.

These brownies are wonderful and don't require any baking. Everyone who
tried them thought they were regular brownies. You can change the nuts. I
never made the ganache topping. They were fine without it.

https://minimalistbaker.com/no-bake-...olate-ganache/

Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" wrote in message
writes:
On 2/13/2019 11:34 AM, KenK wrote:
I'm looking for a simple easy gluten/dairy free cookie or brownie
recipe.
I've tried Google several times but there's always a long long list of
ingredients or uncommon ingredients. I have a MW/convection oven and an
air
fryer.

Suggestions please?

TIA

My suggestion is if you have to have gluten and dairy free "brownies" or
cookies and are going to cook them in the Microwave or an air fryer,
sorry, they're going to suck. Find something else to cook or buy some
commercial gluten and dairy free crap at the grocery store. Seriously.
They'll suck too, but at least you'll be happy to know the ingredients
lits.

Jill

A search for flourless brownies yields a 5-ingredient recipe:

https://thebakermama.com/recipes/5-i...less-brownies/

I suppose you could substitute some kind of oil for the butter if it
truly must be dairy free but that would probably make them suck

give it up, KenK!

You can substitute coconut oil. Most chocolate chips do contain dairy
though. Enjoy Life is one brand that doesn't. Maybe the only brand that
doesn't. I don't find them to be very pleasant though.

Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

That's not true. Wheat and nightshades can adversely affect certain types of
arthritis. I believe that's why he's on this diet. If my mom eats wheat, her
knuckles turn red, hot and puffy.

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in
:

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:25:38 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

My suggestion is if you have to have gluten and dairy free "brownies"
or cookies and are going to cook them in the Microwave or an air
fryer, sorry, they're going to suck.

He said micro-convection, which is both oven and microwave. Unless
there's been some major improvements in the oven feature (such as
full heat rather than microwave-assisted heat), they suck as
convection ovens.

-sw

The convection seems to be normal as far as heat but takes about 10
minutes to preheat to 400 or so. Also the revolving interior limits pan
size to about 8" x 8". Better than nothing.

Old Today, 12:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
[...]

I'm sure this is at your fred meyer, along with plain old chocolate -

https://www.kroger.com/p/private-selection-dark-chocolate-chunks/0001111084471

Unsweetened Chocolate, Sugar, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier).