Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default Simple easy gluten/dairy free cookie or brownie recipe?

https://thebakermama.com/recipes/5-i...less-brownies/

>> I suppose you could substitute some kind of oil for the butter if it
>> truly must be dairy free but that would probably make them suck
>>
>> give it up, KenK!

>You can substitute coconut oil. Most chocolate chips do contain dairy
>though. Enjoy Life is one brand that doesn't. Maybe the only brand that
>doesn't. I don't find them to be very pleasant though.

I'm sure this is at your fred meyer, along with plain old chocolate -

<https://www.kroger.com/p/private-selection-dark-chocolate-chunks/0001111084471>

Unsweetened Chocolate, Sugar, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier).