Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

>I will be starting an elimination diet for two of my children (and
>therefore the rest of the family as well) on Sunday. I need menu ideas
>and recipes, especially for breakfast, that do not include wheat,
>gluten, dairy, citrus, chocolate, soy, almonds or bananas.

>We have lots of beef, turkey, lamb, a little ham and tons of eggs, so
>meals that deal with that would be wonderful. I would prefer to use
>coconut milk to rice milk. Thank you for any help!

Coconut milk is very calorie-dense, it is not a culinary substitution
for the usual cow or soy milk.

Are soybeans the only disallowed bean?

Breakfast -- TJ's "Joe's O's" (generic Cheerio's) which contain only
oats; blueberries; and rice milk. And/or eggs.

Other meals -- rice and beans plus the above-mentioned protein
ingredients. Tamales. Cheese-free tacos/enchiladas based on corn
tortillas.

I have not had real good luck with rice pasta.

Dessert -- frozen coconut milk based is possible.

Those are my ideas, good luck...

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:
>
>>I will be starting an elimination diet for two of my children (and
>>therefore the rest of the family as well) on Sunday. I need menu ideas
>>and recipes, especially for breakfast, that do not include wheat,
>>gluten, dairy, citrus, chocolate, soy, almonds or bananas.

>>We have lots of beef, turkey, lamb, a little ham and tons of eggs, so
>>meals that deal with that would be wonderful. I would prefer to use
>>coconut milk to rice milk. Thank you for any help!

> Coconut milk is very calorie-dense, it is not a culinary substitution
> for the usual cow or soy milk.
>
> Are soybeans the only disallowed bean?
>
> Breakfast -- TJ's "Joe's O's" (generic Cheerio's) which contain only
> oats; blueberries; and rice milk. And/or eggs.
>
> Other meals -- rice and beans plus the above-mentioned protein
> ingredients. Tamales. Cheese-free tacos/enchiladas based on corn
> tortillas.
>
> I have not had real good luck with rice pasta.
>
> Dessert -- frozen coconut milk based is possible.
>
> Those are my ideas, good luck...
>
> S.

Oops! Sorry! Disregard what I said about Nucoa. We use it because it is
just soybean oil and not the beans themselves. There is a margarine that is
made of peas or lentils. I think it is Earthbalance.