Old 04-01-2019, 07:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Baccalà

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 18:37:20 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 02:20 4 Jan 2019, Dave Smith wrote in
:

On 2019-01-03 5:18 p.m., Pamela wrote:
On 19:13 3 Jan 2019, Dave Smith wrote in

When you made the false allegation about it not saying anything about
28 for the US I checked the link and said that it showed the US
ranked at 28.

I said the suicide rate per 100,000 for the US is not 28, which is
what you were falsely claiming.

You have once again demonstrated that you need to learn to read. I have
said several times that the the US ranked 28th.

The fact is you were so inccmpetent that you misread the Wikipedia
article and picked the ranking for the rate. What a dunce!

Cut and pasted from the list further down that page with the ranking of
countries' cuidide rates from 1985-2017.:

28 United States[45] (more info) 21.8 6.0 13.9
(0.0126%) 2016

Good way to show the origin of Bruce significant error.

What I don't understand is how knowing that make the significance of the
error any less. It doesn't.

It's a bad error and knowing the origin doesn't lessen the error.

How long are you going to go on about this? The error has been pointed
out (a 100 times) and admitted (at least 3 times). It's also fairly
irrelevant. The original statement was that the Swedes have a high
suicide rate, but the American rate's higher.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 18:46:39 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 18:39 4 Jan 2019, Bruce wrote in
:

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 18:29:47 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 00:20 4 Jan 2019, Bruce wrote in
:

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 00:11:51 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

The mistake I made is of no significance because addressing the
ventriloquist by speaking to the dummy, still gets a reply from the
ventriloquist.

Dave and I get along so well that he has me killfiled so you're barking
up the wrong tree.

I'm still working out the relationships here but they seem rather
complex.

Half the newsgroup has the other half killfiled. Lots of people here
take themselves so seriously that they have to shield themselves from
people who don't agree with them. Pompous and disfunctional.

And the rest are so well balanced they have a chip on both shoulders?

The rest -not many- are reasonable, open-minded people like me.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 18:42:21 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 15:50 4 Jan 2019, Gary wrote in
:

Just because I said it, doesn't mean Dave said it. The opposite is
also true: what Dave says, I don't say.

Why do I have to explain this?

You really don't. Ongoing arguments are very popular here. I find
it amazing though just how many posts (and hundreds of quoted
lines) that your 3 lines above have generated. I found all the
follow-ups amusing. lol

The truly strange part is the sustained denials. By posting endless
smokescreens, it seems Dave and Bruce want to hide the error.

Far better to have declared at the beginning, "Oops, it's a silly mistake"
instead of all the twisting of "Two tables in the article", "Ranking
position", "Same relative position", etc.

I'm going to leave this fascinating topic with you. Happy trolling
Old 04-01-2019, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BaccalÃ*

On 2019-01-04 1:29 p.m., Pamela wrote:
On 00:20 4 Jan 2019, Bruce wrote in

The mistake I made is of no significance because addressing the
ventriloquist by speaking to the dummy, still gets a reply from the
ventriloquist.

Dave and I get along so well that he has me killfiled so you're barking
up the wrong tree.

I'm still working out the relationships here but they seem rather
complex.

That is likely going to be difficult for you because you obviously don't
read very well.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-04 1:42 p.m., Pamela wrote:
On 15:50 4 Jan 2019, Gary wrote in
:

Bruce wrote:

" Suicide rate per 100,000 people per year:
Sweden 11.7
United States 28"

Just because I said it, doesn't mean Dave said it. The opposite is
also true: what Dave says, I don't say.

Why do I have to explain this?

You really don't. Ongoing arguments are very popular here. I find
it amazing though just how many posts (and hundreds of quoted
lines) that your 3 lines above have generated. I found all the
follow-ups amusing. lol

The truly strange part is the sustained denials. By posting endless
smokescreens, it seems Dave and Bruce want to hide the error.

There is no smokescreen you blithering idiot. Bruce made a mistake and
he acknowledged it. When you whined about there being no 28 for the US
I pointed out that the second list showed the US being ranked 28th.

Far better to have declared at the beginning, "Oops, it's a silly mistake"
instead of all the twisting of "Two tables in the article", "Ranking
position", "Same relative position", etc.

Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
of your posts.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 16:26:57 -0500, Dave Smith

On 2019-01-04 1:29 p.m., Pamela wrote:
On 00:20 4 Jan 2019, Bruce wrote in

The mistake I made is of no significance because addressing the
ventriloquist by speaking to the dummy, still gets a reply from the
ventriloquist.

Dave and I get along so well that he has me killfiled so you're barking
up the wrong tree.

I'm still working out the relationships here but they seem rather
complex.

That is likely going to be difficult for you because you obviously don't
read very well.

So now you know Dave - if you are trolling and male, you would have
done better to have used a masculine name!
Old 06-01-2019, 12:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Dave Smith
wrote:

Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
of your posts.

But did you have Brice binned? I was kind of fond of him. Where did he
go?

leo
Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-05 6:54 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
In article , Dave Smith
wrote:

Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
of your posts.

But did you have Brice binned? I was kind of fond of him. Where did he
go?

I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
childish comments.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Dave Smith
wrote:

I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
childish comments.

He doesn't post here anymore. It's a mystery, I tell ya.

leo

Old 06-01-2019, 01:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-05 7:30 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
In article , Dave Smith
wrote:

I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
childish comments.

He doesn't post here anymore. It's a mystery, I tell ya.

Apparently he does because he was quoted in a post in this thread. He is
back to Bruce. He alters his user name occasionally to worm his way
around the kill files he knows he is in.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 19:00:28 -0500, Dave Smith

On 2019-01-05 6:54 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
In article , Dave Smith
wrote:

Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
of your posts.

But did you have Brice binned? I was kind of fond of him. Where did he
go?

I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
childish comments.

What's childish is bragging about your killfile. When I see another
lengthy "me me me" post by Petty Smith, I just don't read it. No need
to killfile, no need to brag about my killfile.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:39:13 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 00:58 6 Jan 2019, Bruce wrote in
:

On 2019-01-05 6:54 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
In article , Dave Smith
wrote:

Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in
one of your posts.

But did you have Brice binned? I was kind of fond of him. Where did
he go?

I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
childish comments.

What's childish is bragging about your killfile. When I see another
lengthy "me me me" post by Petty Smith, I just don't read it. No need
to killfile, no need to brag about my killfile.

Just wondering why you and Dave Smith have put each other in killfiles.
He's soon to go into my killfile for repeatedly twisting the truth in my
recent discussion with him.

At least when you made an error (about the suicide stats) you readily owned
up to it but Dave Smith endlessly wheadled, deflected and drew out the
discussion pointlessly.

I find his lack of honestly far more disturbing than the initial error. Was
it a similar experience that let you not to talk to him?

It's what Dave always does and he is infinitely worse when the other
poster is female.