Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 30 Things to Make with Leftover Turkey

Some pretty decent ideas he

https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
or
http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

#31 - Compost
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message

> Some pretty decent ideas he
>
> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>
> Janet US

Yes, especially the salads for me, but some really good sounding stuff IMO.
Thanks for the link.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:47:13 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
.. .

>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>
>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>
>> Janet US

>Yes, especially the salads for me, but some really good sounding stuff IMO.
>Thanks for the link.
>
>Cheri

you're welcome. I know that every year I try to think of what I can
do with the turkey. I was happy to see someone had put together a
list.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:39:16 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-11-18 2:24 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>
>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>
>> Janet US
>>

>#31 - Compost

<G>.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:47:13 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>>
>>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>>
>>> Janet US

>>Yes, especially the salads for me, but some really good sounding stuff
>>IMO.
>>Thanks for the link.
>>
>>Cheri

> you're welcome. I know that every year I try to think of what I can
> do with the turkey. I was happy to see someone had put together a
> list.
> Janet US

And a wide variety list for just about any taste, I like that.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:24:56 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Some pretty decent ideas he
>
> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>
> Janet US

I spit on "Eat This Not That" <ptooey>

Turkey Devonshire. Grilled bread, sliced turkey, grilled tomatoes,
and bacon doused in cheese sauce and broiled.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 4:24 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Some pretty decent ideas he
>
> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>
> Janet US

I used to make turkey cottage pie... back when I cooked turkey. I was
interviewed and written up in the Wall Street Journal many years ago, in
their food section, about what to do with turkey leftovers.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-18 9:11 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/18/2018 4:24 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>
>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>>
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>
>> Janet US
>>

> I used to make turkey cottage pie... back when I cooked turkey.Â* I was
> interviewed and written up in the Wall Street Journal many years ago, in
> their food section, about what to do with turkey leftovers.

My wife makes turkey divan.... layers if bechamel with graated Parmesan,
sliced turkey and blanched broccoli.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:11:21 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/18/2018 4:24 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>
>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>
>> Janet US
>>

>I used to make turkey cottage pie... back when I cooked turkey. I was
>interviewed and written up in the Wall Street Journal many years ago, in
>their food section, about what to do with turkey leftovers.
>
>Jill

what an honor, how did that happen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Me in the Wall Street Journal (WAS: 30 Things to Make withLeftover Turkey)

On 11/19/2018 12:17 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:11:21 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/18/2018 4:24 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>
>>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>>
>>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>>
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> I used to make turkey cottage pie... back when I cooked turkey. I was
>> interviewed and written up in the Wall Street Journal many years ago, in
>> their food section, about what to do with turkey leftovers.
>>
>> Jill

> what an honor, how did that happen

Janet, I have NO idea! I didn't subscribe to WSJ. Maybe the reporter
was reading cooking newsgroups? I got a phone call out of the blue. A
reporter saying they were interested in what people do with Thanksgiving
leftovers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB110142191872483723

Hmmmm... she didn't mention the turkey cottage pie. What she did
mention was my squash casserole made with cornbread stuffing and
Parmesan cheese.

I didn't say a thing about pinot grigio or peach cobbler. I've never
made peach cobbler in my life. LOL I guess she took some poetic license
when writing the article.

I distinctly remember telling her about turkey cottage pie using
leftover turkey, gravy, vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes. She
*did* mention my grandmother's china:

"She'll serve the meal, made with last night's leftovers, on her
grandmother's gold-rimmed peacock Victorian china."

I have long since rid myself of Grandma's hideous Chelsea Bird china.
Sorry Grandma, it was far too "busy". My mother didn't like it either,
which is why she was quick to give it to me.

There are lots of good ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers in that article.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 Dave Smith > wrote:
>On 2018-11-18 jmcquown wrote:
>> On 11/18/2018 U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>
>>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>>
>>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>>>
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>>
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> I used to make turkey cottage pie... back when I cooked turkey.* I was
>> interviewed and written up in the Wall Street Journal many years ago, in
>> their food section, about what to do with turkey leftovers.

>My wife makes turkey divan.... layers if bechamel with graated Parmesan,
>sliced turkey and blanched broccoli.

I wouldn't think groats goes well with parmesan. lol

We like Turkey Tetrazzini... same recipe works well for Tuna
Tetrazzini only I add sliced pimento stuffed olives.
I think Tetrazzini works best with wide egg noodles.
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipe...ey_tetrazzini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2018 1:36 PM, Gary wrote:

> Don't goats like to chew on tin cans, etc.

Only in old black and white cartoons.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:11:21 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Janet, I have NO idea! I didn't subscribe to WSJ. Maybe the reporter
> was reading cooking newsgroups? I got a phone call out of the blue. A
> reporter saying they were interested in what people do with Thanksgiving
> leftovers.
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB110142191872483723

Paywall. $20/month after the first two months? No thank you.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2018 8:54 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:11:21 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Janet, I have NO idea! I didn't subscribe to WSJ. Maybe the reporter
>> was reading cooking newsgroups? I got a phone call out of the blue. A
>> reporter saying they were interested in what people do with Thanksgiving
>> leftovers.
>>
>> https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB110142191872483723

> Paywall. $20/month after the first two months? No thank you.
>
> -sw

I didn't have to pay to view it. I was actually surprised to find the
article. I remember the phone call and it was surprising. I still have
no idea why the WSJ asked me about Thanksgiving leftovers.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/2018 6:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/19/2018 8:54 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:11:21 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Janet, I have NO idea! I didn't subscribe to WSJ. Maybe the reporter
>>> was reading cooking newsgroups? I got a phone call out of the blue. A
>>> reporter saying they were interested in what people do with Thanksgiving
>>> leftovers.
>>>
>>> https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB110142191872483723

>> Paywall. $20/month after the first two months? No thank you.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I didn't have to pay to view it. I was actually surprised to find the
> article. I remember the phone call and it was surprising. I still have
> no idea why the WSJ asked me about Thanksgiving leftovers.
>
> Jill

Probably referred to you by your pals at the club.