Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:38:07 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 2:54:41 PM UTC-5, Brice wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:25:00 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Brice" wrote in message ...

>> >I've never worn a tie. And I've never missed it
>> >
>> >==
>> >
>> >D. does for formal occasions but never otherwise

>> I didn't wear a tie when I got married. Cheri will say it didn't count
>> then.

>My husband didn't wear a tie to our wedding. It was an exceedingly
>informal party, punctuated by a brief wedding service.

Yay! I'd have hated a formal bling-bling bla-bla event.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 3:11:51 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Funny how so many here complain about some off taste of re-heated
> meat. Never ever have I ever tasted that nonsense. I think they
> are imagining it, expecting it, thereby tasting it.

It has a scientific basis.
<https://www.quora.com/Why-does-reheated-chicken-often-taste-funky-And-why-is-it-that-only-selective-people-can-taste-that-funkiness>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:57:48 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:30:09 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:13:38 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

>>>I started dying my hair at around age 33. I wailed, "I'm too young to
>>>go grey!" It wasn't a pretty silver grey, either. More like dark gun
>>>metal grey. I stopped dying my hair a couple of years ago just to see
>>>what colour it actually is. Sure enough, it's still not a pretty shade
>>>of grey.
>>>
>>>Maybe one of these days I'll dye it again. I choose L'Oreal 'Natural
>>>Blonde' but it always comes out looking more like light auburn.
>>>
>>>Jill

>>Every second woman I seem to meet is blonde these days - really they
>>would probably be the same colour as me, that's why I call it the new
>>blue rinse cos I remember laughing as a callow youth about elderly
>>ladies with their blue hair.

>My sister (age 64) has recently dyed her hair *purple*!
>
>Doris

Good for her!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 3:21:04 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "Cindy Hamilton" wrote:
> > Torn-up romaine
> > As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
> > of ounces).
> > If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1" squares.
> > A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
> > A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
> > A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
> >
> > Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
> > salad with it.
> >
> > Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
> > go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >
> > ==
> >
> > That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

> "if that's ok?"
> You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
> posted?
> WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
>
> I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
> frustration reading idiotic posts.
>
> Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
> kill me now

Did you miss the smiley-face? Are you humor-impaired?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Anything looks hot to 80 year old men, they are usually hoping to
>>>replace a dead wife/cook/housecleaner!

>> Oh, sorry, I forgot you hate men.

>I don't hate men, neither does lucretia, but that does seem to be the reason
>a lot of older men remarry so quickly, especially of that generation where
>they are used to the woman catering to them a lot, not everyone for sure,
>but a lot.
>
>Cheri

Yes, you know what I mean. OTOH there are also what we call here
Casserole Ladies who rush to pander to the new widowers. Far fewer of
them these days though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:30:41 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:41:09 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>I haven't found that to be true. I've never had a stringy turkey, I think
>>>that might be the cooking technique more than the size of the turkey.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> I found it slightly better with a fan oven and shorter roasting time
>> but I dislike those 25lb turkeys even more than the smaller ones.

>I dislike dealing with them, in and out of the oven, carving etc. Also
>having to deal with hundreds of live ones as a kid, very vicious when on the
>attack.
>
>Cheri

Yes, not to mention how savage geese can be
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:32:07 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:25:00 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Brice" wrote in message

>>>I've never worn a tie. And I've never missed it
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>D. does for formal occasions but never otherwise

>> I didn't wear a tie when I got married. Cheri will say it didn't count
>> then.

>No I won't, though I am surprised you found someone that actually wanted to
>marry you. JK
>
>Cheri

Good one lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 2:54:41 PM UTC-5, Brice wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:25:00 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Brice" wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >I've never worn a tie. And I've never missed it
>> >
>> >==
>> >
>> >D. does for formal occasions but never otherwise

>> I didn't wear a tie when I got married. Cheri will say it didn't count
>> then.

> My husband didn't wear a tie to our wedding. It was an exceedingly
> informal party, punctuated by a brief wedding service.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

We ran off to Carson City Nevada to marry, very informal, later we were
re-married in the Catholic Church, he wore a nice suit then.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:54:21 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
>> On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 2:54:41 PM UTC-5, Brice wrote:

>>> .. .

>>> I didn't wear a tie when I got married. Cheri will say it didn't count
>>> then.

>> My husband didn't wear a tie to our wedding. It was an exceedingly
>> informal party, punctuated by a brief wedding service.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>We ran off to Carson City Nevada to marry, very informal, later we were
>re-married in the Catholic Church, he wore a nice suit then.

So did I, but no dog leash. At my own wedding, I mean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:45:30 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 3:11:51 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>
>> Funny how so many here complain about some off taste of re-heated
>> meat. Never ever have I ever tasted that nonsense. I think they
>> are imagining it, expecting it, thereby tasting it.

>It has a scientific basis.
><https://www.quora.com/Why-does-reheated-chicken-often-taste-funky-And-why-is-it-that-only-selective-people-can-taste-that-funkiness>

"lipid degradation"... that's just nerd speak for "corpsey".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:42:12 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:20:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

>>"if that's ok?"
>>You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
>>posted?
>>WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
>>
>>I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
>>frustration reading idiotic posts.
>>
>>Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
>>kill me now

>Oh, c'mon, Gary. It was casual convo, an extra little insertion meant
>to be pleasant. She put a smiley after, meaning it was a pleasantry.
>It's part of woman talk.

Gary probably wants all the women here to talk like Sheldon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
> wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:41:09 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..

>>> Turkeys beyond about 15/16lbs are stringy, far better if you need that
>>> much to cook two smaller ones.

>>I haven't found that to be true. I've never had a stringy turkey, I think
>>that might be the cooking technique more than the size of the turkey.
>>
>>Cheri

> I found it slightly better with a fan oven and shorter roasting time
> but I dislike those 25lb turkeys even more than the smaller ones.

I dislike dealing with them, in and out of the oven, carving etc. Also
having to deal with hundreds of live ones as a kid, very vicious when on the
attack.

Cheri

==

nodnodnod that would do it <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 3:21:04 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "Cindy Hamilton" wrote:
> > Torn-up romaine
> > As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a
> > couple
> > of ounces).
> > If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
> > squares.
> > A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
> > A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
> > A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
> >
> > Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
> > salad with it.
> >
> > Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
> > go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >
> > ==
> >
> > That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

> "if that's ok?"
> You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
> posted?
> WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
>
> I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
> frustration reading idiotic posts.
>
> Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
> kill me now

Did you miss the smiley-face? Are you humor-impaired?

Cindy Hamilton

==

Seems to happen a lot lately

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:20:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote:
>> Torn-up romaine
>> As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
>> of ounces).
>> If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
>> squares.
>> A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
>> A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
>> A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>>
>> Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
>> salad with it.
>>
>> Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
>> go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> ==
>>
>> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

>"if that's ok?"
>You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
>posted?
>WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
>
>I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
>frustration reading idiotic posts.
>
>Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
>kill me now

Oh, c'mon, Gary. It was casual convo, an extra little insertion meant
to be pleasant. She put a smiley after, meaning it was a pleasantry.
It's part of woman talk.
Janet US

==

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 2:55 PM, Brice wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:23:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t144cdYJj8U>

>> LOL I love it))))

> It was clearly written by a bald man.

Nope. By a woman who likes bald-headed men. Bald is much sexier than a
comb-over.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
> kill me now

I don't killfile, or I would with you today. You are in one of your moods
obviously.

Cheri

==

Becoming very common these days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brice" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:20:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote:
>> Torn-up romaine
>> As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
>> of ounces).
>> If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
>> squares.
>> A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
>> A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
>> A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>>
>> Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
>> salad with it.
>>
>> Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
>> go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> ==
>>
>> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

>"if that's ok?"
>You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
>posted?
>WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
>
>I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
>frustration reading idiotic posts.
>
>Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
>kill me now

Gary, have you ever heard of a rhetorical question? (Hint: this wasn't
one.)

==

*rolls eyes* only he could take offence at such a thing

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Oh, sorry, I forgot you hate men.

>> I don't hate men, neither does lucretia, but that does seem to be the reason
>> a lot of older men remarry so quickly, especially of that generation where
>> they are used to the woman catering to them a lot, not everyone for sure,
>> but a lot.
>>
>> Cheri

> Yes, you know what I mean. OTOH there are also what we call here
> Casserole Ladies who rush to pander to the new widowers. Far fewer of
> them these days though.

I used to peruse the online singles ads and you'd be surprised at the
number of educated women in their late 60s who were looking for younger
men, OFTEN much younger!!!! They wanted to be serviced/looked after!!
Double standard!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Brice" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:25:00 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:39:39 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>You only say that because you've had the experience of wearing them.
>>>I've never met a man who really enjoyed wearing a tie.

>>I've never worn a tie. And I've never missed it
>>
>>==
>>
>>D. does for formal occasions but never otherwise

> I didn't wear a tie when I got married. Cheri will say it didn't count
> then.

No I won't, though I am surprised you found someone that actually wanted to
marry you. JK

Cheri
==
LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 1:55:23 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 8:34:23 AM UTC-5, Boron Elgar wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 04:00:44 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >We freeze the surplus and my husband eats it sporadically. When it's
> > >gone it's time to make another turkey.
> > >
> > >Cindy Hamilton

> > We make vac pacs of any turkey and stuffing left after the second day.
> >
> > We have poultry often, but not stuffing, so it is nice months later to
> > drop a boil-in-bag into a saucepan and have the stuffing there along
> > with the turkey.

> We vac pack our stuffing, too, but I'm more likely to crisp it up in
> a teflon frying pan.
>
> Cindy Hamliton
>
> ==
>
> Before or after you vac pack it?

After I defrost it and take it out of the vac pack.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Thanks. I thought it probably was but not sure

I tend to use my vac thing only for meats I sous vide. I hadn't thought of
using it for the uses you are all discussing.

It opens up a whole new use for it, so thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 2:54:41 PM UTC-5, Brice wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:25:00 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Brice" wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >I've never worn a tie. And I've never missed it
>> >
>> >==
>> >
>> >D. does for formal occasions but never otherwise

>> I didn't wear a tie when I got married. Cheri will say it didn't count
>> then.

> My husband didn't wear a tie to our wedding. It was an exceedingly
> informal party, punctuated by a brief wedding service.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

We ran off to Carson City Nevada to marry, very informal, later we were
re-married in the Catholic Church, he wore a nice suit then.

Cheri

==

Aww lovely
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I don't hate men, neither does lucretia, but that does seem to be the reason
>>> a lot of older men remarry so quickly, especially of that generation where
>>> they are used to the woman catering to them a lot, not everyone for sure,
>>> but a lot.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Yes, you know what I mean. OTOH there are also what we call here
>> Casserole Ladies who rush to pander to the new widowers. Far fewer of
>> them these days though.
>>

>I used to peruse the online singles ads and you'd be surprised at the
>number of educated women in their late 60s who were looking for younger
>men, OFTEN much younger!!!! They wanted to be serviced/looked after!!
>Double standard!!

Well there you go! Explain "serviced", please?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 1:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Â*Â*Â*Â* Usually some kind of event, yes, formal functionsÂ*Â* I think there are
> a few in the far north who always wear it but not so much around here
>
> Â*Â*Â*Â* I don't see many unless I do go up North

Yes, it's generally dress-up wear for formal occasions, although I used
to know a dentist who _always_ wore a kilt, even with his white medical
smock/jacket thing. And one of my uncles who worked for the BBC, got so
tired of having to drag around a wardrobe of 'suitable' clothing for
every event he covered, he eventually switched to a kilt, and only
needed an extra jacket, shirt, hose, and a pair of dress shoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:25:18 -0500, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 11/18/2018 2:55 PM, Brice wrote:
>>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:23:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> LOL I love it))))

>> It was clearly written by a bald man.
>>

>Nope. By a woman who likes bald-headed men. Bald is much sexier than a
>comb-over.

Yes, I think hair piece and comb-over are the pits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:26:04 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:20:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote:
>>> Torn-up romaine
>>> As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
>>> of ounces).
>>> If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
>>> squares.
>>> A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
>>> A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
>>> A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>>>
>>> Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
>>> salad with it.
>>>
>>> Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
>>> go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

>>"if that's ok?"
>>You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
>>posted?
>>WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
>>
>>I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
>>frustration reading idiotic posts.
>>
>>Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
>>kill me now

>Gary, have you ever heard of a rhetorical question? (Hint: this wasn't
>one.)
>
>==
>
>*rolls eyes* only he could take offence at such a thing

I think the paint fumes sometimes badly affect him. Time for a
cheeseburger, I say.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:39:00 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>
>> Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
>> kill me now

>I don't killfile, or I would with you today. You are in one of your moods
>obviously.

If it happens too often, it's no longer a mood. It's Gary.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 11/18/2018 2:55 PM, Brice wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:23:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t144cdYJj8U>

>> LOL I love it))))

> It was clearly written by a bald man.

Nope. By a woman who likes bald-headed men. Bald is much sexier than a
comb-over.

==

Exactly!! )
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 11/18/2018 1:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Usually some kind of event, yes, formal functions I think there
> are
> a few in the far north who always wear it but not so much around here
>
> I don't see many unless I do go up North

Yes, it's generally dress-up wear for formal occasions, although I used
to know a dentist who _always_ wore a kilt, even with his white medical
smock/jacket thing. And one of my uncles who worked for the BBC, got so
tired of having to drag around a wardrobe of 'suitable' clothing for
every event he covered, he eventually switched to a kilt, and only
needed an extra jacket, shirt, hose, and a pair of dress shoes.

==

Wise man

Posted to rec.food.cooking

news

wrote:

>>> I don't hate men, neither does lucretia, but that does seem to be the
>>> reason
>>> a lot of older men remarry so quickly, especially of that generation
>>> where
>>> they are used to the woman catering to them a lot, not everyone for
>>> sure,
>>> but a lot.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Yes, you know what I mean. OTOH there are also what we call here
>> Casserole Ladies who rush to pander to the new widowers. Far fewer of
>> them these days though.
>>

> I used to peruse the online singles ads and you'd be surprised at the
> number of educated women in their late 60s who were looking for younger
> men, OFTEN much younger!!!! They wanted to be serviced/looked after!!
> Double standard!!

Probably been dumped by the men who go after much younger women because the
younger women love them so much, yeah right. As they say, there are no short
men when standing on their wallets, and no ugly men when seen through their
hefty portfolios. A true double standard there.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-18 2:25 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
> On 11/18/2018 2:55 PM, Brice wrote:
>>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:23:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> LOL I love it))))

>> It was clearly written by a bald man.
>>

> Nope. By a woman who likes bald-headed men. Bald is much sexier than a
> comb-over.

Baldness is such a gradual process that one can end up with a comb-over
without realising it immediately. In my case, I happened to look in the
mirror when I got out of the shower one morning and saw this bunch of
hair cascading down one side of my head. I went to the barber that day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, you know what I mean.* OTOH there are also what we call here
>>> Casserole Ladies who rush to pander to the new widowers.* Far fewer of
>>> them these days though.
>>>

>> I used to peruse the online singles ads and you'd be surprised at the
>> number of educated women in their late 60s who were looking for
>> younger men, OFTEN much younger!!!! They wanted to be serviced/looked
>> after!!
>> Double standard!!

> Probably been dumped by the men who go after much younger women because
> the younger women love them so much, yeah right. As they say, there are
> no short men when standing on their wallets, and no ugly men when seen
> through their hefty portfolios. A true double standard there.
>
> Cheri

Actually, a decent proportion of them were widows!
Behind every successful man is a woman - because his wallet is in his
back pocket!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I used to peruse the online singles ads and you'd be surprised at the
>>> number of educated women in their late 60s who were looking for
>>> younger men, OFTEN much younger!!!! They wanted to be serviced/looked
>>> after!!
>>> Double standard!!

>> Probably been dumped by the men who go after much younger women because
>> the younger women love them so much, yeah right. As they say, there are
>> no short men when standing on their wallets, and no ugly men when seen
>> through their hefty portfolios. A true double standard there.
>>
>> Cheri

>Actually, a decent proportion of them were widows!
>Behind every successful man is a woman - because his wallet is in his
>back pocket!

Lol. I also like your Willie Nelson quote. Something like this:

"I won't get married again. I'll just find a women who hates my guts
and give her a house."

But the reality is that women are victims. Victims of men. Everything
that went wrong in their lives: men. Everything that's wrong with the
world: men. Why bananas aren't straight: men.

This school of thought is called Lucretianism.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:34:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 8:34:23 AM UTC-5, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 04:00:44 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >We freeze the surplus and my husband eats it sporadically. When it's
>> >gone it's time to make another turkey.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> We make vac pacs of any turkey and stuffing left after the second day.
>>
>> We have poultry often, but not stuffing, so it is nice months later to
>> drop a boil-in-bag into a saucepan and have the stuffing there along
>> with the turkey.

>We vac pack our stuffing, too, but I'm more likely to crisp it up in
>a teflon frying pan.
>
>Cindy Hamliton

Excellent idea.

I make stuffing in the bird and I adore the part that gets cooked
within the neck skin - all crispy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I don't hate men, neither does lucretia, but that does seem to be the reason
>>> a lot of older men remarry so quickly, especially of that generation where
>>> they are used to the woman catering to them a lot, not everyone for sure,
>>> but a lot.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Yes, you know what I mean. OTOH there are also what we call here
>> Casserole Ladies who rush to pander to the new widowers. Far fewer of
>> them these days though.
>>

>I used to peruse the online singles ads and you'd be surprised at the
>number of educated women in their late 60s who were looking for younger
>men, OFTEN much younger!!!! They wanted to be serviced/looked after!!
>Double standard!!

I couldn't count the old, bald men I see in sports cars in the spring
with a bimbo beside them What's sauce for the goose is sauce for
the gander you know

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:54:30 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/17/2018 5:36 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 14:40:30 -0400, wrote:
>>

>>> I'm not fond of turkey but do love Turkey Pot Pie, best turkey dish

>> I'd rather chicken or duck, not fond of turkey either.
>>

>Everyone raise your hand if you aren't fond of turkey.
>
>Jill <---raising hand

Hee hee
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Probably been dumped by the men who go after much younger women because
>>> the younger women love them so much, yeah right. As they say, there are
>>> no short men when standing on their wallets, and no ugly men when seen
>>> through their hefty portfolios. A true double standard there.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>>Actually, a decent proportion of them were widows!
>>Behind every successful man is a woman - because his wallet is in his
>>back pocket!

> Lol. I also like your Willie Nelson quote. Something like this:
>
> "I won't get married again. I'll just find a women who hates my guts
> and give her a house."
>
> But the reality is that women are victims. Victims of men. Everything
> that went wrong in their lives: men. Everything that's wrong with the
> world: men. Why bananas aren't straight: men.
>
> This school of thought is called Lucretianism.

Fortunately, in my life I've never had to deal with a bad man. I've known
one or two that were involved with my friends, but never personally dealing
with them impacting my life.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:09:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Lol. I also like your Willie Nelson quote. Something like this:
>>
>> "I won't get married again. I'll just find a women who hates my guts
>> and give her a house."
>>
>> But the reality is that women are victims. Victims of men. Everything
>> that went wrong in their lives: men. Everything that's wrong with the
>> world: men. Why bananas aren't straight: men.
>>
>> This school of thought is called Lucretianism.

>Fortunately, in my life I've never had to deal with a bad man. I've known
>one or two that were involved with my friends, but never personally dealing
>with them impacting my life.

Good, then you're not a victim.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:51:12 PM UTC-6, Brice wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 18:13:01 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Don't you just looooove seeing a pony tail on man and he's the next thing
> >to being bald as a pool cue on top??

> It's the fault of women. Women pass on the bald gene. So every time
> you point the finger at one of those poor bald guys, 3 fingers are
> pointing at yourself

Bald headed guys don't bother me in the least. It's when they get ridiculous
with their hairstyles (ponytails, man buns, and comb overs) that make me
shudder. But you are correct that females pass that recessive gene onto to their sons.