Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 06:45:25 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>
>>> A lot of families seem to be doing oneupmanship when they brag about
>>> turkeys weighing 18-30 pounds. IMO that's rediculous.

>>I don't know why you think that, a lot of families do it purposely so
>>there
>>are leftovers to send home with everyone that wants them, and a lot of
>>people have large groups of people. I don't do huge get togethers anymore,
>>but I used to when everyone was still alive.
>>
>>Cheri

> Me too back in the day, even though I personally dislike turkey, the
> rest of them don't. Last year my granddaughter-in-law and I did a
> turkey for our Xmas Eve do, there are 30+ of us these days and it's
> practical, along with roast beef for those who prefer it. This year
> we have decided the food is not really important to the gathering and
> we are doing chili (which I detest) rolls and finger desserts.
>
> I actually got a nice recipe from our supermarket chef and we tried it
> out last weekend. Voted great by those who like it, so that's the
> one. I had also made it and froze it for awhile so we now know we can
> make ahead, even better.
>
> The only reason we do it here is because the condos have the party
> room which makes it comfortable for that many people, plus they can
> access the room direct from the parking lot, even better. I feel
> tired thinking about it

Sounds like a plan to me, I love chili. I'm going to make something simple,
haven't decided yet, with some kind of good dessert. We are football fans
here, so maybe some dip and chips. Just going to be the two of us.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 9:22 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Brice" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:23:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>>>
>>> I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

>> I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
>> off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
>> referring to your husband.)

> I always have to laugh at men who do those silly comb overs, I much
> prefer a shaved head to that look.
>
> Cheri

I caught it in time. I was watching the news one day and Mayor Giuliani
was on. For quite a while he had a nasty comb over but this day, he was
bald on top, trimmed sides and looked much better. So much better that
I went to the bathroom, got out the trimmer and cut short what was left.
Best thing I've done with hair in my life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/18/2018 9:32 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message speaking of hair color
>>
>>> Yes, it's strange, either black or red, it needs to be natural or it
>>> looks ghastly. Quite apart from the price, it's the time that has to
>>> be spent on dying hair that puts me off.

>> Yes, I gave up dying my hair about 10 or so years ago, it's mostly gray.
>> Cheri

> I started dying my hair at around age 33. I wailed, "I'm too young to go
> grey!" It wasn't a pretty silver grey, either. More like dark gun metal
> grey. I stopped dying my hair a couple of years ago just to see what
> colour it actually is. Sure enough, it's still not a pretty shade of
> grey.
>
> Maybe one of these days I'll dye it again. I choose L'Oreal 'Natural
> Blonde' but it always comes out looking more like light auburn.
>
> Jill

I've been just about every color, including red that I dyed for my 8th grade
graduation, turned out more like Lucille Ball than auburn. I looked simply
awful in most of them, so settled on light brown in later years which was my
natural color.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/18/2018 9:25 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>>> Why? I have no problem with bald men and let's face it, it will look a
>>> lot better than partly bald on those you are taking about

>> I don't mind bald either.
>>
>> Cheri

> There are lots of attractive bald men. My SO has a complex about it, but
> that's because he started going bald in his early 20's. It never bothered
> me. Beats the hell out of a bad toupee or hair plugs. LOL
>
> Jill

I agree. Dh has a full head of hair, and a really pretty silver color, one
of my daughters got his hair, thick, the other one got mine, thin. I always
say that I should have gotten his hair and he should have gotten mine.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/18/2018 6:27 AM, Brice wrote:
>
>>> The proud defense of a bald man! Go, bald man!
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>>>
>>> I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

>> I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
>> off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
>> referring to your husband.)
>>

> Hair is over rated. I've had nothing on the top for a dozen years so I
> keep the sides very short with a trimmer. Not a lot left, but it is easy
> to care for that way, about two minutes a week.
>
> Men in my family never had a heredity chance for hair. Both sides of the
> family has mostly bald men and even the women have thinner than average.
> Our hormones were put to better use.

I like that with bald on top and sides very short, I think it's a great
look.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 9:45 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>
>> A lot of families seem to be doing oneupmanship when they brag about
>> turkeys weighing 18-30 pounds.* IMO that's rediculous.

> I don't know why you think that, a lot of families do it purposely so
> there are leftovers to send home with everyone that wants them, and a
> lot of people have large groups of people. I don't do huge get togethers
> anymore, but I used to when everyone was still alive.
>
> Cheri

Then why to they make it a point to brag how big the turkey was? I've
seen it quite a few times over the years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 7:25:08 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:47:48 +1100, Brice >
>> wrote:

>> >But everything's better than the conservative suit and tie type.

>> Not necessarily so, sometimes a well tailored suit looks very
>> attractive.

>You need an un-conservative man in the conservative suit. That's
>what really makes the look.
>
><http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39600000/Tom-Ellis-tom-ellis-39625912-483-1016.jpg>

I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:44:47 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:23:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>>Or you could gaze at the fat arse of that Kardashian woman!

>>The proud defense of a bald man! Go, bald man!
>>
>>===
>>
>>LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>>
>>I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

>I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
>off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
>referring to your husband.)
>
>==
>
>Why? I have no problem with bald men and let's face it, it will look a
>lot better than partly bald on those you are taking about

If it had happened to me, I'd have millimetred what I had left. I
wouldn't want to join the potato army.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 07:36:14 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 06:22:32 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>I always have to laugh at men who do those silly comb overs, I much prefer
>>>shaved head to that look.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> The Quebec premier Rene Lesveque had the biggest comb over I've ever
>> seen! https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia..../rene-levesque

>===
>
>POTUS has a pretty awful comb over too.

I thought that was his pet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/18/2018 9:45 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>
>>> A lot of families seem to be doing oneupmanship when they brag about
>>> turkeys weighing 18-30 pounds. IMO that's rediculous.

>> I don't know why you think that, a lot of families do it purposely so
>> there are leftovers to send home with everyone that wants them, and a lot
>> of people have large groups of people. I don't do huge get togethers
>> anymore, but I used to when everyone was still alive.
>>
>> Cheri

> Then why to they make it a point to brag how big the turkey was? I've
> seen it quite a few times over the years.

That hasn't been my experience, I have had people tell me how hard it was to
find a large turkey like that because they were having 25 or 30 people over.
I have one friend (deceased now) that had 50 relatives or so every
Thanksgiving, they came into town from Idaho and stayed for the entire
holiday, sleeping in sleeping bags etc. for the four or five days, not
something I would ever want to do, but he and his wife loved doing it. Funny
thing is, they usually had plumbing problems when they were all there.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brice" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 7:25:08 AM UTC-5, wrote:

>>> Not necessarily so, sometimes a well tailored suit looks very
>>> attractive.

>>You need an un-conservative man in the conservative suit. That's
>>what really makes the look.
>>
>><http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39600000/Tom-Ellis-tom-ellis-39625912-483-1016.jpg>

> I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
> slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.

Not at all, it says that he has class and knows when to dress appropriately,
and knows he looks damned fine doing it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:38:39 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 21:18:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>Hair is over rated.

>My problem with hair is that my hair dresser's been on strike for
>months. I'm starting to look like Nick Nolte's mugshot.
>
>===
>
>You could shave it all off like my D.does You wouldn't have to worry
>about that hairdresser ever again)

I'll try a good talk with her first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:16:12 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 2:46:22 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
>> >

>> I haven't cooked a turkey for over 15 years but when I did, I always
>> looked for the smallest one available. A 7lb bird was way too much for
>> me, my 2 sons and their then girlfriends. I would send them away with
>> all the remaining breast meat and keep the dark for myself. After a few
>> attempts at making soup from the carcass, I pitched it after stripping
>> the meat.
>> Then for too many days, it was turkey/cold-bread-sauce sandwiches.
>> I looked online and Delia Smith reckons that a 14lb bird with all the
>> sides and stuffing is enough for 10-12 people.

>We freeze the surplus and my husband eats it sporadically. When it's
>gone it's time to make another turkey.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>
>===
>
>If he likes it that much, it is well worth it to do that We like to keep
>them happy, eh? )

What's the equivalent of "A happy wife is a happy life"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 07:58:57 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>>You need an un-conservative man in the conservative suit. That's
>>>what really makes the look.
>>>
>>><http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39600000/Tom-Ellis-tom-ellis-39625912-483-1016.jpg>

>> I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
>> slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.

>Not at all, it says that he has class and knows when to dress appropriately,
>and knows he looks damned fine doing it.

It serves no purpose. It just sends a message.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Not necessarily so, sometimes a well tailored suit looks very
>>> attractive.

>> You need an un-conservative man in the conservative suit. That's
>> what really makes the look.
>>
>> <http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39600000/Tom-Ellis-tom-ellis-39625912-483-1016.jpg>
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Yes, he'll do

He certainly will!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 10:58 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Brice" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> You need an un-conservative man in the conservative suit.* That's
>>> what really makes the look.
>>>
>>> <http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39600000/Tom-Ellis-tom-ellis-39625912-483-1016.jpg>
>>>

>> I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
>> slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.

> Not at all, it says that he has class and knows when to dress
> appropriately, and knows he looks damned fine doing it.
>
> Cheri

He can always loosen the tie or even lose the tie and still look very
well put together.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 11:13 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/18/2018 10:58 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Brice" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
>>> slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.

>> Not at all, it says that he has class and knows when to dress
>> appropriately, and knows he looks damned fine doing it.
>>
>> Cheri

> He can always loosen the tie or even lose the tie and still look very
> well put together.
>
> Jill

12 years of Catholic school meant wearing a tie every day. Made no
sense to me then, does not now. Goes right along with having the
Seafood Delight meal on Friday, but not a slice of cheap bologna.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:35:29 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 15:52 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote:

>>>You need an un-conservative man in the conservative suit. That's
>>>what really makes the look.
>>>
>>> <http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...Tom-Ellis-tom-
>>> ellis-39625912-483-1016.jpg>

>> I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
>> slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.

>I think a properly done tie makes a man look very smart.

You must be old.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/17/2018 5:36 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 14:40:30 -0400, wrote:
>

>> I'm not fond of turkey but do love Turkey Pot Pie, best turkey dish

> I'd rather chicken or duck, not fond of turkey either.

Everyone raise your hand if you aren't fond of turkey.

Jill <---raising hand

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-18 10:36 AM, Cheri wrote:
> > wrote in message

>> The Quebec premier Rene Lesveque had the biggest comb over I've ever
>> seen!Â* https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia..../rene-levesque

> ===
>
> POTUS has a pretty awful comb over too.

It is just one of his many charms. ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:35:29 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>I think a properly done tie makes a man look very smart.

>> You must be old.

>Yes I am. You must be young. I hope you're not a Millenial.

Not by a long shot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Or you could gaze at the fat arse of that Kardashian woman!

>> Nope!!! I avoid seeing anything to do with any of that bunch.
>>

>I don't quite understand how they got to be famous. Not much interested
>in their "reality" show. I never watch that stuff.

You have to admire them for making the most of very little. They have
no talents that we know of, but they're rich celebrities. They must
have an as yet unidentified skill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 1:24:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "Brice" wrote in message ... .
>
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 20:00:39 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
> >On 2018-11-17 7:13 p.m., wrote:

> >> Don't you just looooove seeing a pony tail on man and he's the next thing
> >> to being bald as a pool cue on top??
> >>

> >Or you could gaze at the fat arse of that Kardashian woman!

> The proud defense of a bald man! Go, bald man!
>
> ===
>
> LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>
> I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

We went to a friend's wedding recently. Most of the people there were from the UK or UK expats living in New York. All the men from the UK had used electric clippers to cut their hair short. It must be some sort of male UK thing. They seem to have rejected all things having to do with hair. It might be that UK men consider hair preparation to be a frivolous female trait. Well, that's my guess anyway.

Men wearing their hair in buns are not a big deal in Hawaii as it is on the mainland. Long hair on Asian and Polynesian men isn't considered odd. We don't laugh at men wearing skirts either. Typically, skirts are worn by Samoans and Tongans on Sunday to go to church. The "lavalava" is their "Sunday best" and the most traditional clothes they wear. Do the Scots wear kilts to go to Church and/or formal functions?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-18 10:57 AM, Cheri wrote:

> That hasn't been my experience, I have had people tell me how hard it
> was to find a large turkey like that because they were having 25 or 30
> people over. I have one friend (deceased now) that had 50 relatives or
> so every Thanksgiving, they came into town from Idaho and stayed for the
> entire holiday, sleeping in sleeping bags etc. for the four or five
> days, not something I would ever want to do, but he and his wife loved
> doing it. Funny thing is, they usually had plumbing problems when they
> were all there.

That would be visitor overdose for me. I had enough problems sharing a
vacation rental with a total of 14 people for a week. In fact, I left
early.

We have a neighbour who hosts all sorts of family events and her already
large family has grown a lot. She had 13 brothers and sisters, 12 of
whom got along. At any one time almost all were married and then they
had kids, so her family was close to 50. Lucky for her they all lived
nearby and would help her in the kitchen, and most contributed food.

Funny thing was that when she had her aged mother come to live with them
and needed 24/7 attention, none of the relatives had time to help out.
The ones that used to spend every Saturday, Sunday and long weekend
Mondays with kids and grandchildren were all too busy. The mother died
a few years ago and the large scale family entertaining never returned
to the scale it had been.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-18 11:54 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/17/2018 5:36 PM, Je�us wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 14:40:30 -0400, wrote:
>>

>>> I'm not fond of turkey but do love Turkey Pot Pie, best turkey dish

>> I'd rather chicken or duck, not fond of turkey either.
>>

> Everyone raise your hand if you aren't fond of turkey.
>
> Jill <---raising hand

Dave <------ raising hand

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-18 12:09 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 1:24:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never
>> stopped )
>>
>> I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

> We went to a friend's wedding recently. Most of the people there were
> from the UK or UK expats living in New York. All the men from the UK
> had used electric clippers to cut their hair short. It must be some
> sort of male UK thing. They seem to have rejected all things having
> to do with hair. It might be that UK men consider hair preparation to
> be a frivolous female trait. Well, that's my guess anyway.

A growing trend here is to shave their heads and grow a big busy beard,
most of which look like they have been dyed very dark brown. IMO it
looks ridiculous.

> Men wearing their hair in buns are not a big deal in Hawaii as it is
> on the mainland. Long hair on Asian and Polynesian men isn't
> considered odd.

For a man to wear his hair in a bun around here is generally considered
as an announcement that he is a douche.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brice" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 07:58:57 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Brice" > wrote in message
>>news
>>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
>>> slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.

>>Not at all, it says that he has class and knows when to dress
>>appropriately,
>>and knows he looks damned fine doing it.

> It serves no purpose. It just sends a message.

And a very good message, unlike ingredient list messages.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/18/2018 10:58 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Brice" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> I understand what you mean. But I think a tie says that a man is a
>>> slave to the establishment. It's the dog leash.

>> Not at all, it says that he has class and knows when to dress
>> appropriately, and knows he looks damned fine doing it.
>>
>> Cheri

> He can always loosen the tie or even lose the tie and still look very well
> put together.
>
> Jill

Yep.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

news

wrote:

>>> Nope!!! I avoid seeing anything to do with any of that bunch.
>>>

>>I don't quite understand how they got to be famous. Not much interested
>>in their "reality" show. I never watch that stuff.

> You have to admire them for making the most of very little. They have
> no talents that we know of, but they're rich celebrities. They must
> have an as yet unidentified skill.

Famous for being famous is their only skill.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:13:38 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/18/2018 9:32 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message speaking of hair color
>>
>>> Yes, it's strange, either black or red, it needs to be natural or it
>>> looks ghastly.* Quite apart from the price, it's the time that has to
>>> be spent on dying hair that puts me off.

>> Yes, I gave up dying my hair about 10 or so years ago, it's mostly gray.
>> Cheri

>I started dying my hair at around age 33. I wailed, "I'm too young to
>go grey!" It wasn't a pretty silver grey, either. More like dark gun
>metal grey. I stopped dying my hair a couple of years ago just to see
>what colour it actually is. Sure enough, it's still not a pretty shade
>of grey.
>
>Maybe one of these days I'll dye it again. I choose L'Oreal 'Natural
>Blonde' but it always comes out looking more like light auburn.
>
>Jill

Every second woman I seem to meet is blonde these days - really they
would probably be the same colour as me, that's why I call it the new
blue rinse cos I remember laughing as a callow youth about elderly
ladies with their blue hair.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:22:33 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:49:08 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:59:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
>> >the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
>> >doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
>> >
>> >My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
>> >with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with
>> >balsamic
>> >vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> Explain your salad better or recipe please.
>> Janet US

>Well, I usually just wing it.
>
>Torn-up romaine
>As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
>of ounces).
>If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
>squares.
>A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
>A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
>A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>
>Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
>salad with it.
>
>Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
>go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>
>==
>
>That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

Or, make a riff on a Cobb Salad

Ingredients

1/3 c. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2/3 c. olive oil
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
12 oz. cooked chicken, diced
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 avocado, thinly sliced
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
5 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp. Chopped chives
Directions

In a jar, shake together vinegar, mustard, and oil and season with
salt and pepper.
On a large platter, spread out lettuce, then add rows of hard-boiled
egg, chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with
chive
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...-salad-recipe/

==

Ooh I think I will save that too Thanks)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:49:55 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 11/18/2018 9:45 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>
>>> A lot of families seem to be doing oneupmanship when they brag about
>>> turkeys weighing 18-30 pounds.* IMO that's rediculous.

>> I don't know why you think that, a lot of families do it purposely so
>> there are leftovers to send home with everyone that wants them, and a
>> lot of people have large groups of people. I don't do huge get togethers
>> anymore, but I used to when everyone was still alive.
>>
>> Cheri

>Then why to they make it a point to brag how big the turkey was? I've
>seen it quite a few times over the years.

Turkeys beyond about 15/16lbs are stringy, far better if you need that
much to cook two smaller ones.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 09:23:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 07:58:57 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Brice" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>>Not at all, it says that he has class and knows when to dress
>>>appropriately,
>>>and knows he looks damned fine doing it.

>> It serves no purpose. It just sends a message.

>And a very good message, unlike ingredient list messages.

Ingredient list messages offer inconvenient truths. Ties offer
conformity to establishment.