Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:23:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 20:00:39 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
>>On 2018-11-17 7:13 p.m., wrote:

>>> Don't you just looooove seeing a pony tail on man and he's the next thing
>>> to being bald as a pool cue on top??
>>>

>>Or you could gaze at the fat arse of that Kardashian woman!

>The proud defense of a bald man! Go, bald man!
>
>===
>
>LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>
>I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
referring to your husband.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" wrote in message ...

> > So, what will you have for Christmas?

> Probably a duck or a goose; maybe a nice, fat capon. I'll see which
> speaks
> to me when I go shopping for Christmas meal. 8-) I'd much rather have
> joint of mutton or rack of lamb, but my daughter wouldn't eat it.
>
> ===
>
> Hmmm I hope one doesn't speak to you I mean .. what would you say to
> it>

"Thank you fory your service as our special meal.", of course.

LOL What else)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news > "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 11/17/2018 11:06 AM, Cheri wrote:
>>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Sounds great Nancy. I like the gravy over buttered bread the next day
>>> best.

>> Sounds great! And suddenly I'm thinking of popovers ....
>>
>> nancy

> Wow, popovers sound great, I haven't made them for a long time. Thanks for
> reminding me.
>
> Cheri
> ==
>
> Are they like our Yorkshire Puds?

Yes.

Cheri

==

Yum)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brice" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 21:18:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 11/17/2018 6:26 PM, Brice wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 18:14:03 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> I don't see the "man bun" often but it is usually on middle-aged men who
>>> seem to think it makes them look cool. Sorry, but it doesn't. LOL

>> If the Queen of Cool and newly converted Mr Asia reject man buns, I
>> better get a haircut soon. One wouldn't want to walk around uncool! I
>> guess the "man pony tail" is also ruled out by aforementioned fashion
>> gurus.
>>

>Hair is over rated.

My problem with hair is that my hair dresser's been on strike for
months. I'm starting to look like Nick Nolte's mugshot.

===

You could shave it all off like my D.does You wouldn't have to worry
about that hairdresser ever again)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 20:00:39 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
>>On 2018-11-17 7:13 p.m., wrote:

>>> Don't you just looooove seeing a pony tail on man and he's the next
>>> thing
>>> to being bald as a pool cue on top??
>>>

>>Or you could gaze at the fat arse of that Kardashian woman!

>The proud defense of a bald man! Go, bald man!
>
>===
>
>LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>
>I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
referring to your husband.)

==

Why? I have no problem with bald men and let's face it, it will look a
lot better than partly bald on those you are taking about

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 2:46:22 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
> On 2018-11-17 7:59 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:08:47 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> Coming soon the 6 pound bird
> >>
> >> http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...z&OCID=U457DHP

> > That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
> > the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
> > doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
> >
> > My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
> > with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with balsamic
> > vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I haven't cooked a turkey for over 15 years but when I did, I always
> looked for the smallest one available. A 7lb bird was way too much for
> me, my 2 sons and their then girlfriends. I would send them away with
> all the remaining breast meat and keep the dark for myself. After a few
> attempts at making soup from the carcass, I pitched it after stripping
> the meat.
> Then for too many days, it was turkey/cold-bread-sauce sandwiches.
> I looked online and Delia Smith reckons that a 14lb bird with all the
> sides and stuffing is enough for 10-12 people.

We freeze the surplus and my husband eats it sporadically. When it's
gone it's time to make another turkey.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:46:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> making additional dishes with turkey just makes more turkey leftovers.
> For years I suffered through turkey soup because it was the thing to
> do. I don't like the taste of turkey broth/soup. I don't make T soup
> anymore. And turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce? Uh, no.
> Janet US

"Uh, no" is right. My turkey sandwiches (since time immemorial) a
white bread spread with butter (we had butter available only on holidays)
sliced turkey breast
lettuce

Sweet pickles on the side. For preference, my great aunt's Aristocrat Pickles,
but I haven't had them since I was a teenager. I tried making them once from
her recipe, but I concluded the learning curve was too steep.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:49:08 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:59:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:08:47 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> Coming soon the 6 pound bird
> >>
> >> http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...z&OCID=U457DHP

> >That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
> >the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
> >doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
> >
> >My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
> >with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with balsamic
> >vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> Explain your salad better or recipe please.
> Janet US

Well, I usually just wing it.

Torn-up romaine
As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
of ounces).
If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1" squares.
A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil

Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
salad with it.

Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
go in. Slivered almonds, for example.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 2:46:22 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
> On 2018-11-17 7:59 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:08:47 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> Coming soon the 6 pound bird
> >>
> >> http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...z&OCID=U457DHP

> > That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
> > the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
> > doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
> >
> > My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
> > with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with
> > balsamic
> > vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I haven't cooked a turkey for over 15 years but when I did, I always
> looked for the smallest one available. A 7lb bird was way too much for
> me, my 2 sons and their then girlfriends. I would send them away with
> all the remaining breast meat and keep the dark for myself. After a few
> attempts at making soup from the carcass, I pitched it after stripping
> the meat.
> Then for too many days, it was turkey/cold-bread-sauce sandwiches.
> I looked online and Delia Smith reckons that a 14lb bird with all the
> sides and stuffing is enough for 10-12 people.

We freeze the surplus and my husband eats it sporadically. When it's
gone it's time to make another turkey.

Cindy Hamilton

===

If he likes it that much, it is well worth it to do that We like to keep
them happy, eh? )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 17:40:49 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>>>But then we see older women with painted faces!

>> Worse yet, elderly women with 'blonde' hair lol Blonde has become
>> todays 'blue rinse' !

>I think blonde looks better than that awful chalky looking jet black that
>some older women dye their hair with, but I don't care for either one.
>
>Cheri

Yes, it's strange, either black or red, it needs to be natural or it
looks ghastly. Quite apart from the price, it's the time that has to
be spent on dying hair that puts me off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 18:13:01 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:52:42 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 06:20:40 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>> >On middle-aged men, really? Fortunately I don't see that... even more
>> >ridiculous than on millennials.

>> Have to say, I only see it on millennials - though I do sometimes see
>> older men with long hair tied back, but not a bun.
>>

>Don't you just looooove seeing a pony tail on man and he's the next thing
>to being bald as a pool cue on top??

Maybe they should start a service where they can snip the length and
stick it on the bald part?? Might be a moneymaker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:49:08 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:59:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:08:47 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> Coming soon the 6 pound bird
> >>
> >> http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...z&OCID=U457DHP

> >That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
> >the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
> >doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
> >
> >My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
> >with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with
> >balsamic
> >vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> Explain your salad better or recipe please.
> Janet US

Well, I usually just wing it.

Torn-up romaine
As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
of ounces).
If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1" squares.
A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil

Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
salad with it.

Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
go in. Slivered almonds, for example.

Cindy Hamilton

==

That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:36:48 +1100, Brice >
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 00:19:56 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> So is it fair to say you're into the makeup-less nun type?
>>>

>>Yes, especially the ones I pick up at the Vatican. From a tip I found
>>it was a great place to meet women.

>Yes, I can just see Sheldon and you hanging out with the nuns in
>Vatican City.

They are too old for the priests purposes!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 7:22:52 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:49:08 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:59:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
> > >the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
> > >doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
> > >
> > >My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
> > >with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with
> > >balsamic
> > >vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
> > >
> > >Cindy Hamilton

> > Explain your salad better or recipe please.
> > Janet US

> Well, I usually just wing it.
>
> Torn-up romaine
> As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
> of ounces).
> If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1" squares.
> A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
> A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
> A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>
> Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
> salad with it.
>
> Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
> go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ==
>
> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

It was new to me the first time I made it. There I stood in the
kitchen, saying to myself: "Self? What would go with turkey?"
And Self said, "Well, bacon goes with everything, balsamic goes
with bacon, and a little olive oil would keep the bacon grease
from hardening right up when it hits the cold stuff."

Of course it's ok. Change it up however you like. I add a ton
of freshly ground black pepper, but I know that you won't.

Cindy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 04:00:44 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 2:46:22 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

>> > That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
>> > the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
>> > doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
>> >
>> > My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
>> > with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with balsamic
>> > vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> I haven't cooked a turkey for over 15 years but when I did, I always
>> looked for the smallest one available. A 7lb bird was way too much for
>> me, my 2 sons and their then girlfriends. I would send them away with
>> all the remaining breast meat and keep the dark for myself. After a few
>> attempts at making soup from the carcass, I pitched it after stripping
>> the meat.
>> Then for too many days, it was turkey/cold-bread-sauce sandwiches.
>> I looked online and Delia Smith reckons that a 14lb bird with all the
>> sides and stuffing is enough for 10-12 people.

>We freeze the surplus and my husband eats it sporadically. When it's
>gone it's time to make another turkey.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

We make vac pacs of any turkey and stuffing left after the second day.

We have poultry often, but not stuffing, so it is nice months later to
drop a boil-in-bag into a saucepan and have the stuffing there along
with the turkey.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 7:22:52 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:49:08 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:59:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
> > >the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
> > >doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
> > >
> > >My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and
> > >salads
> > >with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with
> > >balsamic
> > >vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
> > >
> > >Cindy Hamilton

> > Explain your salad better or recipe please.
> > Janet US

> Well, I usually just wing it.
>
> Torn-up romaine
> As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
> of ounces).
> If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
> squares.
> A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
> A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
> A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>
> Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
> salad with it.
>
> Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
> go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ==
>
> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

It was new to me the first time I made it. There I stood in the
kitchen, saying to myself: "Self? What would go with turkey?"
And Self said, "Well, bacon goes with everything, balsamic goes
with bacon, and a little olive oil would keep the bacon grease
from hardening right up when it hits the cold stuff."

Of course it's ok. Change it up however you like. I add a ton
of freshly ground black pepper, but I know that you won't.

Cindy

==

)) Thank you)

Tha's a clever lassie <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 6:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Why?Â* I have no problem with bald menÂ* and let's face it, it will look
> a lot better than partly bald on those you are taking about

There's a song about bald-headed men -
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t144cdYJj8U>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:31:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 7:25:08 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:47:48 +1100, Brice >
>> wrote:

>> >But everything's better than the conservative suit and tie type.

>> Not necessarily so, sometimes a well tailored suit looks very
>> attractive.

>You need an un-conservative man in the conservative suit. That's
>what really makes the look.
>
><http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39600000/Tom-Ellis-tom-ellis-39625912-483-1016.jpg>
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Yes, he'll do
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brice" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:23:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>>
>>I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

> I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
> off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
> referring to your husband.)

I always have to laugh at men who do those silly comb overs, I much prefer a
shaved head to that look.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Why? I have no problem with bald men and let's face it, it will look a
> lot better than partly bald on those you are taking about

I don't mind bald either.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 04:08:43 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:46:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> making additional dishes with turkey just makes more turkey leftovers.
>> For years I suffered through turkey soup because it was the thing to
>> do. I don't like the taste of turkey broth/soup. I don't make T soup
>> anymore. And turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce? Uh, no.
>> Janet US

>"Uh, no" is right. My turkey sandwiches (since time immemorial) a
>white bread spread with butter (we had butter available only on holidays)
>sliced turkey breast
>lettuce
>
>Sweet pickles on the side. For preference, my great aunt's Aristocrat Pickles,
>but I haven't had them since I was a teenager. I tried making them once from
>her recipe, but I concluded the learning curve was too steep.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

another purist ;-) Sorry about the pickles. I know what you mean
about not being able to tweak a remembered food just so.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message speaking of hair color

> Yes, it's strange, either black or red, it needs to be natural or it
> looks ghastly. Quite apart from the price, it's the time that has to
> be spent on dying hair that puts me off.

Yes, I gave up dying my hair about 10 or so years ago, it's mostly gray.

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 04:14:00 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:49:08 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:59:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
>> >the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
>> >doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
>> >
>> >My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
>> >with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with balsamic
>> >vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> Explain your salad better or recipe please.
>> Janet US

>Well, I usually just wing it.
>
>Torn-up romaine
>As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
>of ounces).
>If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1" squares.
>A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
>A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
>A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>
>Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
>salad with it.
>
>Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
>go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Got it! ;-) Thx
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:22:33 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:49:08 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:59:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >That's a little too small for us; we prefer a 14-pounder. We don't let
>> >the leftovers go to waste. My husband can't stand bitter stuff, but he
>> >doesn't taste the off flavors in reheated meat.
>> >
>> >My post-Thanksgiving leftovers involve cold turkey sandwiches and salads
>> >with turkey on them. A particular favorite of mine is dressed with
>> >balsamic
>> >vinegar, a little bacon fat and olive oil.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> Explain your salad better or recipe please.
>> Janet US

>Well, I usually just wing it.
>
>Torn-up romaine
>As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a couple
>of ounces).
>If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1" squares.
>A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
>A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
>A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
>
>Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress the
>salad with it.
>
>Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible might
>go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>
>==
>
>That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

Or, make a riff on a Cobb Salad

Ingredients

1/3 c. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2/3 c. olive oil
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
12 oz. cooked chicken, diced
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 avocado, thinly sliced
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
5 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp. Chopped chives
Directions

In a jar, shake together vinegar, mustard, and oil and season with
salt and pepper.
On a large platter, spread out lettuce, then add rows of hard-boiled
egg, chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with
chive
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...-salad-recipe/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> A lot of families seem to be doing oneupmanship when they brag about
> turkeys weighing 18-30 pounds. IMO that's rediculous.

I don't know why you think that, a lot of families do it purposely so there
are leftovers to send home with everyone that wants them, and a lot of
people have large groups of people. I don't do huge get togethers anymore,
but I used to when everyone was still alive.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 7:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:46:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> making additional dishes with turkey just makes more turkey leftovers.
>> For years I suffered through turkey soup because it was the thing to
>> do. I don't like the taste of turkey broth/soup. I don't make T soup
>> anymore. And turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce? Uh, no.
>> Janet US

> "Uh, no" is right. My turkey sandwiches (since time immemorial) a
> white bread spread with butter (we had butter available only on holidays)
> sliced turkey breast
> lettuce
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That made me laugh. We only had butter on holidays, too! I can only
surmise it was price related. It never occurred to me to ask why,
that's just the way it was.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 06:22:32 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:23:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>>LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>>>
>>>I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

>> I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
>> off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
>> referring to your husband.)

>I always have to laugh at men who do those silly comb overs, I much prefer a
>shaved head to that look.
>
>Cheri

The Quebec premier Rene Lesveque had the biggest comb over I've ever
seen! https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia..../rene-levesque
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/17/2018 8:40 PM, Cheri wrote:
> I think blonde looks better than that awful chalky looking jet black
> that some older women dye their hair with, but I don't care for either one.
>
> Cheri

I had an aunt who dyed her hair that awful jet black. I have no idea
what her natural hair colour was but I doubt that was it. It didn't
suit her complexion at all.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 06:45:25 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>
>> A lot of families seem to be doing oneupmanship when they brag about
>> turkeys weighing 18-30 pounds. IMO that's rediculous.

>I don't know why you think that, a lot of families do it purposely so there
>are leftovers to send home with everyone that wants them, and a lot of
>people have large groups of people. I don't do huge get togethers anymore,
>but I used to when everyone was still alive.
>
>Cheri

Me too back in the day, even though I personally dislike turkey, the
rest of them don't. Last year my granddaughter-in-law and I did a
turkey for our Xmas Eve do, there are 30+ of us these days and it's
practical, along with roast beef for those who prefer it. This year
we have decided the food is not really important to the gathering and
we are doing chili (which I detest) rolls and finger desserts.

I actually got a nice recipe from our supermarket chef and we tried it
out last weekend. Voted great by those who like it, so that's the
one. I had also made it and froze it for awhile so we now know we can
make ahead, even better.

The only reason we do it here is because the condos have the party
room which makes it comfortable for that many people, plus they can
access the room direct from the parking lot, even better. I feel
tired thinking about it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 9:32 AM, Cheri wrote:
> > wrote in message speaking of hair color
>
>> Yes, it's strange, either black or red, it needs to be natural or it
>> looks ghastly.* Quite apart from the price, it's the time that has to
>> be spent on dying hair that puts me off.

> Yes, I gave up dying my hair about 10 or so years ago, it's mostly gray.
> Cheri

I started dying my hair at around age 33. I wailed, "I'm too young to
go grey!" It wasn't a pretty silver grey, either. More like dark gun
metal grey. I stopped dying my hair a couple of years ago just to see
what colour it actually is. Sure enough, it's still not a pretty shade
of grey.

Maybe one of these days I'll dye it again. I choose L'Oreal 'Natural
Blonde' but it always comes out looking more like light auburn.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 9:25 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>

>> Why?* I have no problem with bald men* and let's face it, it will
>> look a lot better than partly bald on those you are taking about

> I don't mind bald either.
>
> Cheri

There are lots of attractive bald men. My SO has a complex about it,
but that's because he started going bald in his early 20's. It never
bothered me. Beats the hell out of a bad toupee or hair plugs. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2018 6:27 AM, Brice wrote:

>> The proud defense of a bald man! Go, bald man!
>>
>> ===
>>
>> LOL My husband shaved his head in the military and has never stopped )
>>
>> I doubt I would recognise him if he allowed it to grow

> I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
> off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
> referring to your husband.)

Hair is over rated. I've had nothing on the top for a dozen years so I
keep the sides very short with a trimmer. Not a lot left, but it is
easy to care for that way, about two minutes a week.

Men in my family never had a heredity chance for hair. Both sides of
the family has mostly bald men and even the women have thinner than
average. Our hormones were put to better use.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 06:22:32 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Brice" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:23:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> I always have to laugh at men who are going bald and then shave it all
>>> off as if to say "I'm not going bald, I just shaved it all off". (Not
>>> referring to your husband.)

>>I always have to laugh at men who do those silly comb overs, I much prefer
>>shaved head to that look.
>>
>>Cheri

> The Quebec premier Rene Lesveque had the biggest comb over I've ever
> seen! https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia..../rene-levesque

===

POTUS has a pretty awful comb over too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/17/2018 8:40 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> I think blonde looks better than that awful chalky looking jet black that
>> some older women dye their hair with, but I don't care for either one.
>>
>> Cheri

> I had an aunt who dyed her hair that awful jet black. I have no idea what
> her natural hair colour was but I doubt that was it. It didn't suit her
> complexion at all.
>
> Jill

Yes, and when people get much older they lose a lot of the shine in their
hair which makes that black look like soot.

Cheri