Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Again, the best Indian restaurant in STL!

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 7:45:24 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:00:37 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 5:54:44 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
> >> What do you know about the Führer that we don't?

> >I can't know what YOU know about The Fuhrer, so I can't answer.

> I know one thing. Trump thinks like a dog. And in Putin he's met a
> bigger dog. Trump's reaction to Putin: submission.
>
> Embarrassing.

Donald rolled right over for his belly rub. "Who's a good boy?"

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 7:45:24 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:00:37 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> >I can't know what YOU know about The Fuhrer, so I can't answer.

>> I know one thing. Trump thinks like a dog. And in Putin he's met a
>> bigger dog. Trump's reaction to Putin: submission.
>>
>> Embarrassing.

>Donald rolled right over for his belly rub. "Who's a good boy?"

I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
voted for him, wil like this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 9:41:38 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Once upon a time I had a Fiat Spider. I don't think it had all that though
> ... do it? (although it was long before the 80s)

If it was an 850 Spider, it would not have any of that. I still wanted one though. It was a tiny car with a beautiful body and the cutest little engine in the rear. I would have gotten one but chickened out because of the rust. Too bad, it would have been perfect for tooling around Honolulu. I should have had a little more heart and guts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma58EVmoBu0

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:10:40 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Why? They look like really nice cars!

You pretty much have to be audacious and bold enough to get a Corvette. They ain't for regular Joes. They came out in 1953 but it was the 63 model that changed everything and blew it all up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-Q_zpuJGU
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 9:41:38 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Once upon a time I had a Fiat Spider. I don't think it had all that
> though
> ... do it? (although it was long before the 80s)

If it was an 850 Spider, it would not have any of that. I still wanted one
though. It was a tiny car with a beautiful body and the cutest little engine
in the rear. I would have gotten one but chickened out because of the rust.
Too bad, it would have been perfect for tooling around Honolulu. I should
have had a little more heart and guts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma58EVmoBu0

==

Ahh we had a similar conversation before. I have since seen an old pic and
the engine was in the front!

Ohh pity about the rust

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:10:40 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Why? They look like really nice cars!

You pretty much have to be audacious and bold enough to get a Corvette. They
ain't for regular Joes. They came out in 1953 but it was the 63 model that
changed everything and blew it all up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-Q_zpuJGU

==

So why are they seen as only for those fat, or old etc??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:39:23 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 7:45:24 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> >> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:00:37 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> >> I know one thing. Trump thinks like a dog. And in Putin he's met a
> >> bigger dog. Trump's reaction to Putin: submission.
> >>
> >> Embarrassing.

> >Donald rolled right over for his belly rub. "Who's a good boy?"

> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
> voted for him, wil like this.

As long as he supports the three planks of the platform, he'll be
fine:

The rich get richer
The brown people stay out of the country
The evangelical agenda is advanced

Making liberals' heads explode is just a pleasant side-effect.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 7:45:24 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> >> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:00:37 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> >> I know one thing. Trump thinks like a dog. And in Putin he's met a
> >> bigger dog. Trump's reaction to Putin: submission.
> >>
> >> Embarrassing.

> >Donald rolled right over for his belly rub. "Who's a good boy?"

> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
> voted for him, wil like this.

That's not fair at all. He answered a lose-lose question. He
should have ignored that question and moved right on to another
person. You people are such lemmings with an anti-Trump attitude.
Try getting a rounder education rather than concentrate on anti-T
sound bites. His only alternative was to stand there next to
Putin and call him a liar right after spending 2 hours alone
trying to mend relations.

You people are all anti-trumph hateful lemmings (following the
DNC sore-loser agenda).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dunce wrote:

> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
> voted for him, wil like this.

Quite pompous of you, foreign fellow.
I won't argue with you though.
Since you know it all, why bother?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 10:25:49 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Druce wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >Donald rolled right over for his belly rub. "Who's a good boy?"

> > I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
> > voted for him, wil like this.

> That's not fair at all. He answered a lose-lose question. He
> should have ignored that question and moved right on to another
> person. You people are such lemmings with an anti-Trump attitude.

"Lemmings" suggests we take our opinion from those of others. I
knew before he threw his hat in the ring that Donald Trump is a
glad-handing con man. If I encountered him at a party I'd walk
away.

> Try getting a rounder education rather than concentrate on anti-T
> sound bites. His only alternative was to stand there next to
> Putin and call him a liar right after spending 2 hours alone
> trying to mend relations.

A real politician would find a way to skillfully answer the
question while still allowing Putin to save face.

Why should we mend relations with a criminal like Putin, anyway?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 04:03:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 9:41:38 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Once upon a time I had a Fiat Spider. I don't think it had all that though
>> ... do it? (although it was long before the 80s)

>If it was an 850 Spider, it would not have any of that. I still wanted one though. It was a tiny car with a beautiful body and the cutest little engine in the rear. I would have gotten one but chickened out because of the rust. Too bad, it would have been perfect for tooling around Honolulu. I should have had a little more heart and guts.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma58EVmoBu0

I'd think any car would rust in Honolulu. For the five years I owned
my TR4A it mostly lived in LA, rarely see rust on a car there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdQjJWj9hA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" wrote in message ...

On 17-Jul-2018, "Ophelia" > wrote:

> "l not -l" wrote in message ...
>

> On 16-Jul-2018, wrote:
>
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > >Your analogy is lost on me. For me, a car is a tool to move me
> > >and my stuff from Point A to Point B.
> > >
> > >In any event, ABS is really handy up here where it snows.
> > >
> > >Cindy Hamilton

> > No normal person drives a Corvette (ABS or not) in snow, not even in
> > rain.

> I can't recall ever meeting a Corvette owner that seemed a normal person.
> Around here they are pretty much all owned by very over-weight females,
> self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or lawyers having late-life
> crises.
>
> ==
>
> I don't know it but that looks like a nice car. What do those who are not
> very over-weight females, self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or
> lawyers having late-life crises drive? <g>

Again, I speak of what I observe around here, the normal weight females
(youngish) drive Jeeps; Wranglers if single without children, Cherokees if
attached with 0-1 children, Chevy Suburbans if attached with 2 or more
school age children. Pretty boys sometimes drive Corvettes owned by
overweight females, the rest of the time they drive whatever brand/age
"muscle car" they can afford. Old doctors and lawyers drive BMWs, Audis and
sometimes restored cars they couldn't afford in their youth (Mustangs,
Challengers, Camaros, etc).

==

Isn't it odd how some people seem to stick to their own age stereotype

Pretty boys, eh? lol

Here people drive all kinds of cars and I couldn't really attribute one car
to one type of person

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "l not -l" wrote in message ...
>

> On 17-Jul-2018, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> "l not -l" wrote in message ...

>> > No normal person drives a Corvette (ABS or not) in snow, not even in
>> > rain.

>> I can't recall ever meeting a Corvette owner that seemed a normal person.
>> Around here they are pretty much all owned by very over-weight females,
>> self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or lawyers having late-life
>> crises.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I don't know it but that looks like a nice car. What do those who are
>> not
>> very over-weight females, self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or
>> lawyers having late-life crises drive? <g>

> Again, I speak of what I observe around here, the normal weight females
> (youngish) drive Jeeps; Wranglers if single without children, Cherokees if
> attached with 0-1 children, Chevy Suburbans if attached with 2 or more
> school age children. Pretty boys sometimes drive Corvettes owned by
> overweight females, the rest of the time they drive whatever brand/age
> "muscle car" they can afford. Old doctors and lawyers drive BMWs, Audis
> and
> sometimes restored cars they couldn't afford in their youth (Mustangs,
> Challengers, Camaros, etc).
>

> ==
>
> Isn't it odd how some people seem to stick to their own age stereotype
>
> Pretty boys, eh? lol
>
> Here people drive all kinds of cars and I couldn't really attribute one
> car
> to one type of person

Here either, except I do agree about the doctors, you don't see them much in
old pickups. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "l not -l" wrote in message ...
>

> On 17-Jul-2018, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> "l not -l" wrote in message ...

>> > No normal person drives a Corvette (ABS or not) in snow, not even in
>> > rain.

>> I can't recall ever meeting a Corvette owner that seemed a normal person.
>> Around here they are pretty much all owned by very over-weight females,
>> self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or lawyers having late-life
>> crises.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I don't know it but that looks like a nice car. What do those who are
>> not
>> very over-weight females, self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or
>> lawyers having late-life crises drive? <g>

> Again, I speak of what I observe around here, the normal weight females
> (youngish) drive Jeeps; Wranglers if single without children, Cherokees if
> attached with 0-1 children, Chevy Suburbans if attached with 2 or more
> school age children. Pretty boys sometimes drive Corvettes owned by
> overweight females, the rest of the time they drive whatever brand/age
> "muscle car" they can afford. Old doctors and lawyers drive BMWs, Audis
> and
> sometimes restored cars they couldn't afford in their youth (Mustangs,
> Challengers, Camaros, etc).
>

> ==
>
> Isn't it odd how some people seem to stick to their own age stereotype
>
> Pretty boys, eh? lol
>
> Here people drive all kinds of cars and I couldn't really attribute one
> car
> to one type of person

Here either, except I do agree about the doctors, you don't see them much in
old pickups. ;-)

Cheri

==

Heh we don't see them in old 'anything' )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, "Cheri" wrote:

>Here either, except I do agree about the doctors, you don't see them much in
>old pickups. ;-)

Where I live most MDs drive pick ups... seems there's at least one
pick-up in every household.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, "Cheri" wrote:
>>
>>Here either, except I do agree about the doctors, you don't see them much
>>in
>>old pickups. ;-)

> Where I live most MDs drive pick ups... seems there's at least one
> pick-up in every household.

Old pickups? I imagine top of the line pickups, even in your backward area.
LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 1:31:38 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Ahh we had a similar conversation before. I have since seen an old pic and
> the engine was in the front!
>
> Ohh pity about the rust

If the engine was in front, it did have all that advanced features. The 124 Spider might have had a 4-speed transmission if it was an early model. The rear brakes used a design that's still being used today. As is the rubber timing belt. Fiat came out with it in 1966. Brilliant car!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 1:31:38 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Ahh we had a similar conversation before. I have since seen an old pic
> and
> the engine was in the front!
>
> Ohh pity about the rust

If the engine was in front, it did have all that advanced features. The 124
Spider might have had a 4-speed transmission if it was an early model. The
rear brakes used a design that's still being used today. As is the rubber
timing belt. Fiat came out with it in 1966. Brilliant car!

==

That sounds the same as mine

Still not my favourite though. My spitfire was that)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 1:36:32 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> So why are they seen as only for those fat, or old etc??

I can't say. Probably they saw one of those Corvettes when they were kids and it mesmerized them. Younger guys imprinted on other desirable cars - mostly foreign ones.

Corvette guys are pretty much hooked on the historical format of this car. This includes the fiberglass body, a push-rod V8, and a monosprung rear suspension. The rear suspension uses same spring system that was used on the Ford Model T - a transverse leaf spring. Whoa Nellie!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
><penmart01 wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>>Here either, except I do agree about the doctors, you don't see them much
>>>in old pickups. ;-)

>> Where I live most MDs drive pick ups... seems there's at least one
>> pick-up in every household.

>Old pickups? I imagine top of the line pickups, even in your backward area.
>LOL

Actually beat-up old pick ups... country doctors are nothing like big
city slicker doctors. Most doctors here remind me of Dr. Pol.. that's
one show I try to remember to watch, it's one of the few worthwhile
shows on TV.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Dr._Pol
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...edible-dr-pol/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 7:14:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> That sounds the same as mine
>
> Still not my favourite though. My spitfire was that)

I can understand your feeling about the Spitfire. It's an awesome looking car. Unfortunately, when they got shipped to the states, bad things would happen to the car and they never ran right and rusted away. Those cars probably lasted a little longer on your isles. I'll tell you one thing - just thinking about their existence makes me smile.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 5:25:32 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> I'd think any car would rust in Honolulu. For the five years I owned
> my TR4A it mostly lived in LA, rarely see rust on a car there.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdQjJWj9hA

Well, these days the manufacturers have figured out how to build cars that won't rust - even in Honolulu. Thank you Jesus! It's always a treat to see a TR4 on our roads. You can tell it's a car that could have only been designed by the Brits.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:08:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:39:23 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Donald rolled right over for his belly rub. "Who's a good boy?"

>> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
>> voted for him, wil like this.

>As long as he supports the three planks of the platform, he'll be
>fine:
>
>The rich get richer
>The brown people stay out of the country
>The evangelical agenda is advanced

And something about creating jobs. That would actually be a good
thing, if he'd really do it.

>Making liberals' heads explode is just a pleasant side-effect.

Yes, they're just sore loser latte drinking tree huggers anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:26:01 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Druce wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Donald rolled right over for his belly rub. "Who's a good boy?"

>> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
>> voted for him, wil like this.

>That's not fair at all. He answered a lose-lose question. He
>should have ignored that question and moved right on to another
>person. You people are such lemmings with an anti-Trump attitude.
>Try getting a rounder education rather than concentrate on anti-T
>sound bites. His only alternative was to stand there next to
>Putin and call him a liar right after spending 2 hours alone
>trying to mend relations.
>
>You people are all anti-trumph hateful lemmings (following the
>DNC sore-loser agenda).

Even right-wing America's embarrassed and shocked. Republicans, people
who always support him. Are they lemmings too?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:29:53 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Dunce wrote:
>>
>> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
>> voted for him, wil like this.

>Quite pompous of you, foreign fellow.
>I won't argue with you though.
>Since you know it all, why bother?

Lots of his voters were white, disgruntled and lower educated, weren't
they? I didn't make that up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-17 12:04 PM, Druce wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:08:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:39:23 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
>>> voted for him, wil like this.

>> As long as he supports the three planks of the platform, he'll be
>> fine:
>>
>> The rich get richer
>> The brown people stay out of the country
>> The evangelical agenda is advanced

> And something about creating jobs. That would actually be a good
> thing, if he'd really do it.
>
>> Making liberals' heads explode is just a pleasant side-effect.

> Yes, they're just sore loser latte drinking tree huggers anyway.

Who, when they are in power, manage to reduce the debt:GDP ratio.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:24:42 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-17 12:04 PM, Druce wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:08:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> As long as he supports the three planks of the platform, he'll be
>>> fine:
>>>
>>> The rich get richer
>>> The brown people stay out of the country
>>> The evangelical agenda is advanced

>> And something about creating jobs. That would actually be a good
>> thing, if he'd really do it.
>>
>>> Making liberals' heads explode is just a pleasant side-effect.

>> Yes, they're just sore loser latte drinking tree huggers anyway.
>>

>Who, when they are in power, manage to reduce the debt:GDP ratio.

That's probably too abstract for Mr and Mrs Disgruntled.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 2:06:35 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:26:01 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Druce wrote:
> >>
> >> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> I wonder how the white, disgruntled, not very educated people who
> >> voted for him, wil like this.

> >That's not fair at all. He answered a lose-lose question. He
> >should have ignored that question and moved right on to another
> >person. You people are such lemmings with an anti-Trump attitude.
> >Try getting a rounder education rather than concentrate on anti-T
> >sound bites. His only alternative was to stand there next to
> >Putin and call him a liar right after spending 2 hours alone
> >trying to mend relations.
> >
> >You people are all anti-trumph hateful lemmings (following the
> >DNC sore-loser agenda).

> Even right-wing America's embarrassed and shocked. Republicans, people
> who always support him. Are they lemmings too?

I bet you could find a bunch of right-wing Americans who are
absolutely oblivious to the kerfuffle and still thing he's
the best thing since canned beer.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 2:24:44 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:
> On 2018-07-17 12:04 PM, Druce wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:08:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> >> As long as he supports the three planks of the platform, he'll be
> >> fine:
> >>
> >> The rich get richer
> >> The brown people stay out of the country
> >> The evangelical agenda is advanced

> > And something about creating jobs. That would actually be a good
> > thing, if he'd really do it.
> >
> >> Making liberals' heads explode is just a pleasant side-effect.

> > Yes, they're just sore loser latte drinking tree huggers anyway.
> >

> Who, when they are in power, manage to reduce the debt:GDP ratio.

Everybody knows that Republicans care about the deficit only when
Democrats are in power.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:
>><penmart01 wrote:

>>> Where I live most MDs drive pick ups... seems there's at least one
>>> pick-up in every household.

>>Old pickups? I imagine top of the line pickups, even in your backward
>>area.
>>LOL

> Actually beat-up old pick ups... country doctors are nothing like big
> city slicker doctors. Most doctors here remind me of Dr. Pol.. that's
> one show I try to remember to watch, it's one of the few worthwhile
> shows on TV.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Dr._Pol
> https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...edible-dr-pol/

I don't care for that show at all. I've tried to watch it a couple of times,
but...

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:08:22 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 2:06:35 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>>
>> Even right-wing America's embarrassed and shocked. Republicans, people
>> who always support him. Are they lemmings too?

>I bet you could find a bunch of right-wing Americans who are
>absolutely oblivious to the kerfuffle and still thing he's
>the best thing since canned beer.

I know, but if even long time supporters turn against him and use
words like "treason", you can't say that this is another case of
liberal anti-Trump sour grapes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 1:36:32 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> So why are they seen as only for those fat, or old etc??

I can't say. Probably they saw one of those Corvettes when they were kids
and it mesmerized them. Younger guys imprinted on other desirable cars -
mostly foreign ones.

Corvette guys are pretty much hooked on the historical format of this car.
This includes the fiberglass body, a push-rod V8, and a monosprung rear
suspension. The rear suspension uses same spring system that was used on the
Ford Model T - a transverse leaf spring. Whoa Nellie!

==

LOL I do understand)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 7:14:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> That sounds the same as mine
>
> Still not my favourite though. My spitfire was that)

I can understand your feeling about the Spitfire. It's an awesome looking
car. Unfortunately, when they got shipped to the states, bad things would
happen to the car and they never ran right and rusted away. Those cars
probably lasted a little longer on your isles. I'll tell you one thing -
just thinking about their existence makes me smile.
==

Me too It was my first sports car) Probably why it is my favourite,
although I've had a few different ones in my time, that was THE one)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 5:25:32 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> I'd think any car would rust in Honolulu. For the five years I owned
> my TR4A it mostly lived in LA, rarely see rust on a car there.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdQjJWj9hA

Well, these days the manufacturers have figured out how to build cars that
won't rust - even in Honolulu. Thank you Jesus! It's always a treat to see a
TR4 on our roads. You can tell it's a car that could have only been designed
by the Brits.

===

Good old Triumph)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 11:26:33 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >

> > "l not -l" wrote in message ...
> >

> > On 17-Jul-2018, "Ophelia" > wrote:

> >> I can't recall ever meeting a Corvette owner that seemed a normal person.
> >> Around here they are pretty much all owned by very over-weight females,
> >> self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or lawyers having late-life
> >> crises.
> >>
> >> ==
> >>
> >> I don't know it but that looks like a nice car. What do those who are
> >> not
> >> very over-weight females, self-absorbed "pretty boys" or old doctors or
> >> lawyers having late-life crises drive? <g>

> > Again, I speak of what I observe around here, the normal weight females
> > (youngish) drive Jeeps; Wranglers if single without children, Cherokees if
> > attached with 0-1 children, Chevy Suburbans if attached with 2 or more
> > school age children. Pretty boys sometimes drive Corvettes owned by
> > overweight females, the rest of the time they drive whatever brand/age
> > "muscle car" they can afford. Old doctors and lawyers drive BMWs, Audis
> > and
> > sometimes restored cars they couldn't afford in their youth (Mustangs,
> > Challengers, Camaros, etc).
> >

> > ==
> >
> > Isn't it odd how some people seem to stick to their own age stereotype
> >
> > Pretty boys, eh? lol
> >
> > Here people drive all kinds of cars and I couldn't really attribute one
> > car
> > to one type of person

> Here either, except I do agree about the doctors, you don't see them much in
> old pickups. ;-)
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Heh we don't see them in old 'anything' )

I hardly ever see any REALLY OLD cars on the roads in STL in the USA. Too much =salt is spread on our roads in Winter, the old cars all rust away!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 8:36:55 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Well, there IS that! I guess Face**** is good for something. Tinypic crapped out on me years ago. Used to work then...broke!? **** 'em!
>>>
>>> https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...&oe =5BE3AB4F
>>>
>>> Double YUM!! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Nice countertop - quartz? Let's see those bathroom pics!

> Here's one of the 1st floor bathroom, I'm very proud of the stained glass work I had done on the whole house, and this was the coup de grace!
>
> https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg
>
> PS: the pink tile/paint was ORIGINAL!
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> John Kuthe...

Should have replaced the floor tile...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 04:03:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 9:41:38 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> Once upon a time I had a Fiat Spider. I don't think it had all that though
> >> ... do it? (although it was long before the 80s)

> >If it was an 850 Spider, it would not have any of that. I still wanted one though. It was a tiny car with a beautiful body and the cutest little engine in the rear. I would have gotten one but chickened out because of the rust. Too bad, it would have been perfect for tooling around Honolulu. I should have had a little more heart and guts.
> >
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma58EVmoBu0

> I'd think any car would rust in Honolulu. For the five years I owned
> my TR4A it mostly lived in LA, rarely see rust on a car there.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdQjJWj9hA

Hawaii is no paradise for vehicles:

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/...and-of-hawaii/

'Whatever you call it, the combination of volcanic acid rain, strong tropical sunshine and salty humid ocean air quickly attacks the paint and plastic bits of every car exposed to it. Any car older than about five years that is not regularly garaged or waxed will start to have a noticeably dull finish. Once it hits about 15 years, most of the finish on the horizontal body parts will be gone (as on the car pictured above).

The Big Island has perhaps 20 miles of divided freeways, none of which are limited access. Honolulu (on the island of Oahu) has three Interstates, H1, H2, and H3. However, they are all urban and highly congested. Bottom line is that cars here are subject to lots of hard stop-and-go driving. and few easy freeway miles. This, combined with the previously mentioned environmental factors, means that cars older than about 15 years are very uncommon, and cars older than 25 are virtually nonexistent...'
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> Should have replaced the floor tile...

What, do you think am made of MONERY?

Existing tile floor was fine to pass inspection.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:

> > https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg

> Should have replaced the floor tile...

Why?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 18:53:56 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>>
>> > https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg

>> Should have replaced the floor tile...
>>

>Why?

Why indeed. Maybe the heater can use a coat of paint, but it's a
detail.

I went and ate at the best Indian restaurant in St Louis MO!! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 31 03-02-2018 01:50 AM
Aryaa's Indian Restaurant aryaas Vegan 1 12-02-2013 02:58 AM
Indian Restaurant Curry leona miller General Cooking 1 22-03-2007 06:27 PM
Best Indian restaurant(s) in Tokyo? Newbie Restaurants 28 31-03-2005 04:15 AM
indian restaurant in Toronto elaine General Cooking 9 06-11-2004 02:43 AM