elaine

Default indian restaurant in Toronto

Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Elaine

Shirley Hicks

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:36:46 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:

>Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
>since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Udupi Palace
1460 Gerrard Street East (Gerrard East)
(416) 405-8138

Fantastic vegetarian. Kinda of anteseptic, in a cafeteria sort of way,
but ample filling servings and their mango lassi's are to die for.
It's in the heart of little India East, complete with sari shops,
kitchen and household goods stores, and south asian jewellers. If
driving, street parking can be hard to find on weekend evenings.
Scenes from "Bollywood Hollywood" were filmed here. While down there,
try some of the street vendor's limed corn on the cob, if still
available. It's yummy.

Sher-E-Punjab
351 Danforth Avenue (The Danforth)
(416) 465-2125

Great food, great atmosphere, on subway line, parking is a bit tight
in the area. If going on a weekend evening, skip trying to find a
parking spot in the immediate area, and simply park at the Broadview
Station parking lot. There are always spots there (pay parking), it's
about a ten minute walk to the restaurant, and you'll enjoy the
stroll. The Danforth is an amazing stretch of street, with a tight
nucleus of greek restaurants, restos from around the world filling in
the rest, and great local boutiques. It's east of the downtown, across
the Prince Edward Viaduct, on the far side of the Don River.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario
TB

"A liberal is a conservative who's been through treatment."
- Garrison Keillor
Shirley Hicks

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:36:46 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:

>Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
>since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Udupi Palace
1460 Gerrard Street East (Gerrard East)
(416) 405-8138

Fantastic vegetarian. Kinda of anteseptic, in a cafeteria sort of way,
but ample filling servings and their mango lassi's are to die for.
It's in the heart of little India East, complete with sari shops,
kitchen and household goods stores, and south asian jewellers. If
driving, street parking can be hard to find on weekend evenings.
Scenes from "Bollywood Hollywood" were filmed here. While down there,
try some of the street vendor's limed corn on the cob, if still
available. It's yummy.

Sher-E-Punjab
351 Danforth Avenue (The Danforth)
(416) 465-2125

Great food, great atmosphere, on subway line, parking is a bit tight
in the area. If going on a weekend evening, skip trying to find a
parking spot in the immediate area, and simply park at the Broadview
Station parking lot. There are always spots there (pay parking), it's
about a ten minute walk to the restaurant, and you'll enjoy the
stroll. The Danforth is an amazing stretch of street, with a tight
nucleus of greek restaurants, restos from around the world filling in
the rest, and great local boutiques. It's east of the downtown, across
the Prince Edward Viaduct, on the far side of the Don River.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario
TB

"A liberal is a conservative who's been through treatment."
- Garrison Keillor
elaine

"Shirley Hicks" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:36:46 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
> >since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

> Udupi Palace
> 1460 Gerrard Street East (Gerrard East)
> (416) 405-8138
>
> Sher-E-Punjab
> 351 Danforth Avenue (The Danforth)
> (416) 465-2125

Shirley, thanks for the suggestions. We ended up near Front St. and went to
a place called Trimurti on Queen St. W. The food was excellent, I'd
definitely go back. One strange thing - all the people working there were
Oriental.
E.

elaine

"Shirley Hicks" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:36:46 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
> >since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

> Udupi Palace
> 1460 Gerrard Street East (Gerrard East)
> (416) 405-8138
>
> Sher-E-Punjab
> 351 Danforth Avenue (The Danforth)
> (416) 465-2125

Shirley, thanks for the suggestions. We ended up near Front St. and went to
a place called Trimurti on Queen St. W. The food was excellent, I'd
definitely go back. One strange thing - all the people working there were
Oriental.
E.

Dan W

In article >, "elaine" > wrote:
>Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
>since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.
>
>Elaine

Have you looked at the Chowhounds message board?

http://www.chowhound.com/canada/boar...o/toronto.html

_
(_) Daniel Warren, RPh
_______// Marion NY
(________) Clinical Pharmacist
\ /
| Rx |
/______\
(________)

Shirley Hicks

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:07:56 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:

>"Shirley Hicks" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:36:46 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
>> >since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

>> Udupi Palace
>> 1460 Gerrard Street East (Gerrard East)
>> (416) 405-8138
>>
>> Sher-E-Punjab
>> 351 Danforth Avenue (The Danforth)
>> (416) 465-2125

>Shirley, thanks for the suggestions. We ended up near Front St. and went to
>a place called Trimurti on Queen St. W. The food was excellent, I'd
>definitely go back. One strange thing - all the people working there were
>Oriental.

Welcome to Toronto, where the ethnicity of the food being served,
doesn't always match who's running the restaurant! My local
neighbourhood thai jointat the foot of my street is run by a greek.
It's not bad.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario

TB

"A liberal is a conservative who's been through treatment."
- Garrison Keillor
Shirley Hicks

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:07:56 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:

>"Shirley Hicks" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:36:46 -0500, "elaine" > wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
>> >since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

>> Udupi Palace
>> 1460 Gerrard Street East (Gerrard East)
>> (416) 405-8138
>>
>> Sher-E-Punjab
>> 351 Danforth Avenue (The Danforth)
>> (416) 465-2125

>Shirley, thanks for the suggestions. We ended up near Front St. and went to
>a place called Trimurti on Queen St. W. The food was excellent, I'd
>definitely go back. One strange thing - all the people working there were
>Oriental.

Welcome to Toronto, where the ethnicity of the food being served,
doesn't always match who's running the restaurant! My local
neighbourhood thai jointat the foot of my street is run by a greek.
It's not bad.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario

TB

"A liberal is a conservative who's been through treatment."
- Garrison Keillor
elaine

wrote:
> >Does anyone have a favourite? - there are a lot to choose from here and
> >since that's our plan for tonight, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.
> >
> >Elaine
> >

> Have you looked at the Chowhounds message board?
>
> http://www.chowhound.com/canada/boar...o/toronto.html
>

> Thanks for this. Just got around to looking at it!

Elaine

elaine