Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 4/18/18 Will Be...

A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading mix.
I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!), yellow squash
sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix and also pan fried.
Quite tasty.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading mix. I'll
>also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!), yellow squash sliced
>into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix and also pan fried. Quite
>tasty.

Thin sliced beef and asst. veg. in Bulldog sauce here. Brown rice on the
side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jill's Stuffed Fish (was Dinner 4/18/18 Will Be...)

On 4/18/2018 6:51 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 18-Apr-2018, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri"
>> breading mix.
>> I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!),
>> yellow squash
>> sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix and also
>> pan fried.
>> Quite tasty.

> Yum! I love fried cod. Do you use condiments with your? I like
> cocktail sauce and malt vinegar; not at the same time, I
> alternate, or do without, depending on mood. With a breading
> like Zatarain's, I'd probably go with cocktail sauce or no sauce.
> With batter coatings, I generally like malt vinegar.

I prefer it without sauce or condiments, although I do find a splash of
wine vinegar is sometimes nice. Unfortunately I don't have any malt
vinegar on hand but I like that, too.

> Dinner today here was also fish; seafood stuffed tilapia, simply
> seasoned with Old Bay.

I love seafood stuffed fish. Good golly, one of my RFC signature dishes
is seafood stuffed flounder. When flounder got to be too expensive I
made the same dish using tilapia.

Hey, look what I found! My recipe, a re-creation posted in 2006. I
figured out how to do this by watching the guys on the line at Red
Lobster back in 1981.

4 flounder fillets, about 1-1/2 lbs. of like size
1/4 c. minced onion
1/4 c. minced celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 Tbs. mayonnaise
dash Tabasco sauce
dash cayenne pepper
dash salt
4 Tbs. butter
1/2 c. dried breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbs. lemon juice
6 oz. flaked crabmeat
2 oz. diced shrimp (or use canned baby shrimp)
2-3 Tbs. melted butter
Sweet ground paprika for colour
1/2 c. milk
vegetable cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350F. Saute onion, celery and garlic in 4 Tbs. butter
until translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with
breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, dry mustard. Add crabmeat and shrimp, Tabasco,
cayenne, lemonjuice, salt, pepper. Blend well to make stuffing.Spray a
13X9 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Place 2 flounder
fillets in the dish. Spoon the crabmeat stuffing onto the center of the
fillets, mounding it up in the center. Split the remaining fillets in
half lengthwise. Wrap each of the two halves around the stuffing on top
of the stuffed fillet, covering the sides but leaving the stuffing
visible in the center. Secure overlapping ends with toothpicks if
needed. Brush all over with melted butter. Sprinkle with paprika. Pour
the milk around the fish (this keeps the fish moist during baking). Bake
for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with
melted butter about halfway through cooking.
Serves 2.

> Green beans sauteed in butter with
> shallot. I ran out of fresh fruit, so dessert was Del Monte No
> Sugar Added Very Cherry Fruit Cocktail. A tall glass of iced
> lemon water was my drink of choice.

Sounds good to me.

Now you've got me wanting to make that stuffed fish again. Damn. I
don't have enough fillets. I do have some canned crab but no canned
shrimp. Dammit. LOL Enjoy!

Jill

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2018 7:51 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 17:48:39 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading mix.
>> I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!), yellow squash
>> sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix and also pan fried.
>> Quite tasty.

> How did the panko fish ever turn out if you made it?
>
> -sw

That was panko chicken cutlets. I still was not terribly impressed but
I did take the suggestion of seasoning the chicken first and also
dredging in flour, let set it set, then the egg wash and the panko. It
was crispy enough sure. But I'm still not gung ho about panko. <shrug>
We don't all have to like the same things.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Wed 18 Apr 2018 02:48:39p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading
>> mix. I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!),
>> yellow squash sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix
>> and also pan fried. Quite tasty.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>I don't fry fish at home, as David hates the smell. I love yellow
>squash but I hate zucchini.

2 snowflakes. Is there a snowflake virus going around or something?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 1:56:56 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wed 18 Apr 2018 02:48:39p, jmcquown told us...
> >
> >> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading
> >> mix. I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!),
> >> yellow squash sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix
> >> and also pan fried. Quite tasty.
> >>
> >> Jill
> >>

> >I don't fry fish at home, as David hates the smell. I love yellow
> >squash but I hate zucchini.

> 2 snowflakes. Is there a snowflake virus going around or something?

Everybody has likes and dislikes; what's the point of carping on them?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 03:26:16 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 1:56:56 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >On Wed 18 Apr 2018 02:48:39p, jmcquown told us...

>> >I don't fry fish at home, as David hates the smell. I love yellow
>> >squash but I hate zucchini.

>> 2 snowflakes. Is there a snowflake virus going around or something?

>Everybody has likes and dislikes; what's the point of carping on them?

They're snowflakes who need a bit of famine to grow up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:40:44 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 03:26:16 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 1:56:56 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright

> >> 2 snowflakes. Is there a snowflake virus going around or something?

> >Everybody has likes and dislikes; what's the point of carping on them?

> They're snowflakes who need a bit of famine to grow up.

You need a bit of famine to grow up and eat meat.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

snip
I love yellow
>squash but I hate zucchini.

to me all summer squash are the same. I'm trying an Italian zucchini
in the garden this summer that is supposed to have a nutty taste.
shrug. I only grow zucchini for a couple of recipes that I make.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
15.223...
> On Wed 18 Apr 2018 02:48:39p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading
>> mix. I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!),
>> yellow squash sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix
>> and also pan fried. Quite tasty.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> I don't fry fish at home, as David hates the smell. I love yellow
> squash but I hate zucchini.

Oooh! We gots a hater!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wed 18 Apr 2018 02:48:39p, jmcquown told us...
>>
>>> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading
>>> mix. I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!),
>>> yellow squash sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix
>>> and also pan fried. Quite tasty.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>>I don't fry fish at home, as David hates the smell. I love yellow
>>squash but I hate zucchini.

> 2 snowflakes. Is there a snowflake virus going around or something?

Keep it away from me. Ooh! Ima get some big ones tomorrow and stuff them.
Zucchini that is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 11:48:49 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading mix.
> I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!), yellow squash
> sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix and also pan fried.
> Quite tasty.
>
> Jill

Tonight I made tonkatsu. It's the Japanese version of a pork cutlet. I made this late this evening and packed it so she can eat a nice meal in the middle of the night at work. I believe that she will be pleased.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...g4jCOa9qd758L2
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> snip
> I love yellow
>>squash but I hate zucchini.

> to me all summer squash are the same. I'm trying an Italian zucchini
> in the garden this summer that is supposed to have a nutty taste.
> shrug. I only grow zucchini for a couple of recipes that I make.
> Janet US

I got a lighter green summer squash at Country Market. It was good and had a
firmer texture than the yellow or zucchini.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:40:44 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 03:26:16 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Everybody has likes and dislikes; what's the point of carping on them?

>> They're snowflakes who need a bit of famine to grow up.

>You need a bit of famine to grow up and eat meat.

It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 11:48:49 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> A pan fried cod fillet dredged in Zatarain's "Fish Fri" breading mix.
> I'll also be cooking lucretia's favorite thing (kidding!), yellow squash
> sliced into coins, tossed in the same seasoning mix and also pan fried.
> Quite tasty.
>
> Jill

Tonight I made tonkatsu. It's the Japanese version of a pork cutlet. I made
this late this evening and packed it so she can eat a nice meal in the
middle of the night at work. I believe that she will be pleased.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...g4jCOa9qd758L2

==

That looks good. Share the recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 4:58:37 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:40:44 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 03:26:16 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> They're snowflakes who need a bit of famine to grow up.

> >You need a bit of famine to grow up and eat meat.

> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

Yeah, a lot of children go through that phase when they learn where the
stuff on their plate comes from.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 03:40:39 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 4:58:37 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >You need a bit of famine to grow up and eat meat.

>> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
>> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

>Yeah, a lot of children go through that phase when they learn where the
>stuff on their plate comes from.

And only sociopathic adults like you don't give a shit. You must be
proud.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 10:58:37 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:40:44 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 03:26:16 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> They're snowflakes who need a bit of famine to grow up.

> >You need a bit of famine to grow up and eat meat.

> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

Now we're talking! - Exactly our feelings, but then we learned about our
source for meat - stress-less, happy lives; quick, unexpected deaths.

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 04:48:27 -0700 (PDT), sanne
> wrote:

>Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 10:58:37 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >You need a bit of famine to grow up and eat meat.

>> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
>> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

>Now we're talking! - Exactly our feelings, but then we learned about our
>source for meat - stress-less, happy lives; quick, unexpected deaths.

That beats the industry meat that most people in this group eat. Where
the only concern is how many cents per lbs it costs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sanne wrote:

> Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 10:58:37 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
> > On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >You need a bit of famine to grow up and eat meat.

> > It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
> > love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

> Now we're talking! - Exactly our feelings, but then we learned about our
> source for meat - stress-less, happy lives; quick, unexpected deaths.

My cage - free organic chicken died in a car accident whilst driving to the beach on a sunny summer afternoon...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 13:51:09 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 04:48:27 -0700 (PDT), sanne wrote:
>
> >Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 10:58:37 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
> >> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
> >> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

> >Now we're talking! - Exactly our feelings, but then we learned about our
> >source for meat - stress-less, happy lives; quick, unexpected deaths.

> That beats the industry meat that most people in this group eat. Where
> the only concern is how many cents per lbs it costs.

Fun fact: a reasonably decent butcher doesn't charge less than we pay.
Cheap meat contains so much water (besides ugly stuff) that you have to
seriously recalculate what you get for your money.
Same with eggs, milk, butter,... fish...

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 14:00:30 UTC+2 schrieb Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz:
> sanne wrote:
>
> > Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 10:58:37 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
> > > On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> > > It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
> > > love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

> > Now we're talking! - Exactly our feelings, but then we learned about our
> > source for meat - stress-less, happy lives; quick, unexpected deaths.

> My cage - free organic chicken died in a car accident whilst driving to
> the beach on a sunny summer afternoon...

And those chickens are free because their breeder wouldn't admit
supplying chicken that flat.

Need recipes?

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" > wrote in
message

> My cage - free organic chicken died in a car accident whilst driving to
> the beach on a sunny summer afternoon...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

It had better have been a high end car. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 00:57:43 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed 18 Apr 2018 02:48:39p, jmcquown told us...

>>>I love yellow squash but I hate zucchini.

>Ooh! Ima get some big ones tomorrow and stuff them.

Where?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 01:10:00 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:48:39 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> snip
>> I love yellow
>>>squash but I hate zucchini.

>> to me all summer squash are the same. I'm trying an Italian zucchini
>> in the garden this summer that is supposed to have a nutty taste.
>> shrug. I only grow zucchini for a couple of recipes that I make.
>> Janet US

>I got a lighter green summer squash at Country Market. It was good and had a
>firmer texture than the yellow or zucchini.

My favorite summer squash are pattypans... very nice sliced
equatertorilly and grilled.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" > wrote in
> message
>
> > My cage - free organic chicken died in a car accident whilst driving to
> > the beach on a sunny summer afternoon...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> It had better have been a high end car. ;-)

It was the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile...

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow socked up In article <86a8b596-9fed-496f-9496-
>,
>
> It was the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile...

Fatboi Morrow got down!

https://imgur.com/a/iEQOY5i LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Yeah, a lot of children go through that phase when they learn where the
> stuff on their plate comes from.

In my 'married with children' years, both girls loved fried
chicken nuggets. One of their favorite meals.

One day I came home with some shark meat and wife prepared it the
same way. Cut in chunks and either floured or battered. I don't
know.

Both girls ate it all and asked for more. They loved it.

Later I made the mistake of telling them what they ate. I was
trying to let them know that fish tasted good too. Well, they
freaked out. We never had shark again but for the next year or
so, wife would make chicken nuggets occasionally and both girls
refused to eat them. LOL. They thought it was probably shark
again and we were just trying to trick them.

That worked out well for me though...I got to eat PLENTY of
chicken nuggets. ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

I eat lots less of meat lately but I'm still ok with someone else
doing all the dirty work. Your reason is why I quit hunting very
young. It was fun to go out early, be in the woods or field to
hunt but each time I actually killed an animal, it became serious
and not so cool at all. I was hunting for sport, not survival and
how dare I end a life...some cool creature that was just out
minding its own business and having breakfast.

One thing to buy a piece of meat in the grocery store. Another
whole story to actually kill one, gut, skin it, etc. I don't
condemn hunting...it just wasn't for me. So I quit and sold my
gun.

Live and learn.

I occasionally see hunting shows now. Probably just a
"politically correct thing" while the cameras are rolling but
most times the hunter kills an animal, then walks up to it's dead
body, and kneels down and says something like, "Oh Mr.Bear, Thank
you so much for your sacrific. I do so much honor you and have
great respect for you." Sometimes even ends with a tear or so and
some sniffs.

Me: Kiss my ass. If you respected and honored the bear, you
wouldn't have shot it. Now you're all happy and bragging about
your great kill, meanwhile that bear is dead.....DEAD! Humans
suck, imo. The world needs to get rid of all of us. We do seem to
cause all the problems.

Pan to stuffed bear or just it's head mounted on the den wall.
Great trophy?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" > wrote in
message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>
>> "Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" > wrote in
>> message
>>
>> > My cage - free organic chicken died in a car accident whilst driving to
>> > the beach on a sunny summer afternoon...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Best
>> > Greg

>> It had better have been a high end car. ;-)

> It was the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile...
>
> ;-p
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

LOL, now that's funny.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
>> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

> I eat lots less of meat lately but I'm still ok with someone else
> doing all the dirty work. Your reason is why I quit hunting very
> young. It was fun to go out early, be in the woods or field to
> hunt but each time I actually killed an animal, it became serious
> and not so cool at all. I was hunting for sport, not survival and
> how dare I end a life...some cool creature that was just out
> minding its own business and having breakfast.

I think people that hunt and don't consume what they hunt, should be hunted.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 14:15:19 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>I eat lots less of meat lately but I'm still ok with someone else
>doing all the dirty work. Your reason is why I quit hunting very
>young. It was fun to go out early, be in the woods or field to
>hunt but each time I actually killed an animal, it became serious
>and not so cool at all. I was hunting for sport, not survival and
>how dare I end a life...some cool creature that was just out
>minding its own business and having breakfast.
>
>One thing to buy a piece of meat in the grocery store. Another
>whole story to actually kill one, gut, skin it, etc. I don't
>condemn hunting...it just wasn't for me. So I quit and sold my
>gun.
>
>Live and learn.
>
>I occasionally see hunting shows now. Probably just a
>"politically correct thing" while the cameras are rolling but
>most times the hunter kills an animal, then walks up to it's dead
>body, and kneels down and says something like, "Oh Mr.Bear, Thank
>you so much for your sacrific. I do so much honor you and have
>great respect for you." Sometimes even ends with a tear or so and
>some sniffs.
>
>Me: Kiss my ass. If you respected and honored the bear, you
>wouldn't have shot it. Now you're all happy and bragging about
>your great kill, meanwhile that bear is dead.....DEAD! Humans
>suck, imo. The world needs to get rid of all of us. We do seem to
>cause all the problems.
>
>Pan to stuffed bear or just it's head mounted on the den wall.
>Great trophy?

A guy on Australian TV killed his pig. Then he invited his friends to
come and eat the pig, drink and have a party. He called it
"Celebrating the pig's life". The dead pig's life. The pig that he
just killed. Lol. People suck. I prefer animals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
>> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

> I eat lots less of meat lately but I'm still ok with someone else
> doing all the dirty work. Your reason is why I quit hunting very
> young. It was fun to go out early, be in the woods or field to
> hunt but each time I actually killed an animal, it became serious
> and not so cool at all. I was hunting for sport, not survival and
> how dare I end a life...some cool creature that was just out
> minding its own business and having breakfast.

I think people that hunt and don't consume what they hunt, should be hunted.

Cheri

==

Always!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 3:00:32 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> A guy on Australian TV killed his pig. Then he invited his friends to
> come and eat the pig, drink and have a party. He called it
> "Celebrating the pig's life". The dead pig's life. The pig that he
> just killed. Lol. People suck. I prefer animals.

How did he prepare porky the pig? I bet it was finger licking good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2018 3:00 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> It's not that I can't eat meat or that it makes me "puke". I actually
>>> love it, but I'd feel sorry for the animals.

>> I eat lots less of meat lately but I'm still ok with someone else
>> doing all the dirty work. Your reason is why I quit hunting very
>> young. It was fun to go out early, be in the woods or field to
>> hunt but each time I actually killed an animal, it became serious
>> and not so cool at all. I was hunting for sport, not survival and
>> how dare I end a life...some cool creature that was just out
>> minding its own business and having breakfast.

> I think people that hunt and don't consume what they hunt, should be
> hunted.

My grandfather hunted to feed his family, not for sport, and _nothing_
was wasted.
The hide was tanned for shoes, bags, etc, antlers became buttons or
kilt-pins, any remaining pieces were turned into glue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:09:45 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 3:00:32 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> A guy on Australian TV killed his pig. Then he invited his friends to
>> come and eat the pig, drink and have a party. He called it
>> "Celebrating the pig's life". The dead pig's life. The pig that he
>> just killed. Lol. People suck. I prefer animals.
>>

>How did he prepare porky the pig? I bet it was finger licking good.

You missed the point. No you didn't. You pretend you missed the point

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 2:14:52 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

> Me: Kiss my ass. If you respected and honored the bear, you
> wouldn't have shot it. Now you're all happy and bragging about
> your great kill, meanwhile that bear is dead.....DEAD!

Once it's dead, it's beyond starvation, disease, or pain. The
natural state of an animal is stress.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:29:33 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 2:14:52 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
>> Me: Kiss my ass. If you respected and honored the bear, you
>> wouldn't have shot it. Now you're all happy and bragging about
>> your great kill, meanwhile that bear is dead.....DEAD!

>Once it's dead, it's beyond starvation, disease, or pain. The
>natural state of an animal is stress.

You've never had a good look at cows, city slicker. Most of the time,
they're as relaxed as can be. They're even relaxing to watch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 11:09:33 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> That looks good. Share the recipe?

It's not really a recipe but mostly a form/style. You use standard breading technique on a medium thickness to thin piece of pork. Most folks will use a pork loin but I used a pork shoulder. What makes it tonkatsu is the use of panko. Typically, tonkatsu is served with finely shredded cabbage either on the bottom or on the side. It is important to serve tonkatsu with tonkatsu sauce.

Tonkatsu used to be a very popular dish in Hawaii. These days, most folks eat chicken katsu instead. It's totally amazing how much chicken katsu is eaten here. I'm waiting for it to catch on on the mainland. It is like fried chicken perfected. You don't eat it with your hands. You use a knife and fork or chopsticks - like civilized human beings.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/...n-katsu-118735