Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pork belly

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 08:44:05 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>I've never seen it at the store ... never looked for it, either ...
>but there it was at Costco, a big package of it. Looked good,
>but I don't know what people do with it.
>
>Ideas?
>
>nancy

I use this recipe

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1545...crackling.aspx

I use double the apples under the pork, and they end up like baby
food. I add them to the sauce. The sauce is delicious. If the
crackling isn't crispy enough finish off under the broiler, just make
sure you watch it or it will burn.

JB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/03/2016 9:17 PM, JBurns wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 08:44:05 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> I've never seen it at the store ... never looked for it, either ...
>> but there it was at Costco, a big package of it. Looked good,
>> but I don't know what people do with it.
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> nancy

> I use this recipe
>
> http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1545...crackling.aspx
>
> I use double the apples under the pork, and they end up like baby
> food. I add them to the sauce. The sauce is delicious. If the
> crackling isn't crispy enough finish off under the broiler, just make
> sure you watch it or it will burn.
>
> JB

Rather than dry the skin with paper towels, if you can plan ahead, leave
the pork uncovered in the fridge for a couple of days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 29/03/2016 9:17 PM, JBurns wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 08:44:05 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I've never seen it at the store ... never looked for it, either ...
>>> but there it was at Costco, a big package of it. Looked good,
>>> but I don't know what people do with it.
>>>
>>> Ideas?
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I use this recipe
>>
>> http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1545...crackling.aspx
>>
>> I use double the apples under the pork, and they end up like baby
>> food. I add them to the sauce. The sauce is delicious. If the
>> crackling isn't crispy enough finish off under the broiler, just make
>> sure you watch it or it will burn.
>>
>> JB
>>

> Rather than dry the skin with paper towels, if you can plan ahead, leave
> the pork uncovered in the fridge for a couple of days.

Yes, that works really well.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 11:50:55 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "graham" > wrote in message
> > On 29/03/2016 9:17 PM, JBurns wrote:
> >> On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 08:44:05 -0400, Nancy Young

> >> I use this recipe
> >>
> >> http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1545...crackling.aspx
> >>
> >> I use double the apples under the pork, and they end up like baby
> >> food. I add them to the sauce. The sauce is delicious. If the
> >> crackling isn't crispy enough finish off under the broiler, just make
> >> sure you watch it or it will burn.
> >>
> >> JB
> >>

> > Rather than dry the skin with paper towels, if you can plan ahead, leave
> > the pork uncovered in the fridge for a couple of days.

> Yes, that works really well.
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Here's a technique you could try. I haven't tried it myself because it's tough finding a suitable piece. You might be able to though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6xswgiIyA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 11:50:55 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Rather than dry the skin with paper towels, if you can plan ahead,
>> > leave
>> > the pork uncovered in the fridge for a couple of days.

>> Yes, that works really well.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> Here's a technique you could try. I haven't tried it myself because it's
> tough finding a suitable piece. You might be able to though.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6xswgiIyA

That looks really good! Thank)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/30/2016 10:13 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1545...crackling.aspx

>>> Yes, that works really well.
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

>> Here's a technique you could try. I haven't tried it myself because
>> it's tough finding a suitable piece. You might be able to though.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6xswgiIyA

> That looks really good! Thank)

That's my favorite roast pork. You tell the Chinese guy you want
half-pound roast pork and he gets his Chinese cleaver and whacks out the
pieces in seconds. It's pretty scary to watch but that pork makes it all
worthwhile. The Chinese guy across the street used to make it but his
business is closed down. I've been waiting for him to open for the last
5 years. I don't know if he'll ever open back up you better believe I'm
gonna order Chinese roast pork from him when he does!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 3/30/2016 10:13 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Here's a technique you could try. I haven't tried it myself because
>>> it's tough finding a suitable piece. You might be able to though.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6xswgiIyA

>> That looks really good! Thank)
>>

> That's my favorite roast pork. You tell the Chinese guy you want
> half-pound roast pork and he gets his Chinese cleaver and whacks out the
> pieces in seconds. It's pretty scary to watch but that pork makes it all
> worthwhile. The Chinese guy across the street used to make it but his
> business is closed down. I've been waiting for him to open for the last 5
> years. I don't know if he'll ever open back up you better believe I'm
> gonna order Chinese roast pork from him when he does!

You could make it yourself? I have saved your recipe and will use it,
although I will use different seasonings. Just think, you could have it when
ever you want it )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 9:59:09 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message

> >> That looks really good! Thank)
> >>

> > That's my favorite roast pork. You tell the Chinese guy you want
> > half-pound roast pork and he gets his Chinese cleaver and whacks out the
> > pieces in seconds. It's pretty scary to watch but that pork makes it all
> > worthwhile. The Chinese guy across the street used to make it but his
> > business is closed down. I've been waiting for him to open for the last 5
> > years. I don't know if he'll ever open back up you better believe I'm
> > gonna order Chinese roast pork from him when he does!

> You could make it yourself? I have saved your recipe and will use it,
> although I will use different seasonings. Just think, you could have it when
> ever you want it )
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

It's not easy to get pork belly of the proper size. It's a popular food item over here but for some reason, it's mostly sold in strips. If I ever find a nice piece, I will make it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 03:12:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 9:59:09 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > That's my favorite roast pork. You tell the Chinese guy you want
>> > half-pound roast pork and he gets his Chinese cleaver and whacks out the
>> > pieces in seconds. It's pretty scary to watch but that pork makes it all
>> > worthwhile. The Chinese guy across the street used to make it but his
>> > business is closed down. I've been waiting for him to open for the last 5
>> > years. I don't know if he'll ever open back up you better believe I'm
>> > gonna order Chinese roast pork from him when he does!

>> You could make it yourself? I have saved your recipe and will use it,
>> although I will use different seasonings. Just think, you could have it when
>> ever you want it )
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

>It's not easy to get pork belly of the proper size. It's a popular food item over here but for some reason, it's mostly sold in strips. If I ever find a nice piece, I will make it.

It's sold in strips here too and usually skinless - I go to a local
specialty butcher to get a piece with skin, it's the only way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 9:59:09 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > That's my favorite roast pork. You tell the Chinese guy you want
>> > half-pound roast pork and he gets his Chinese cleaver and whacks out
>> > the
>> > pieces in seconds. It's pretty scary to watch but that pork makes it
>> > all
>> > worthwhile. The Chinese guy across the street used to make it but his
>> > business is closed down. I've been waiting for him to open for the last
>> > 5
>> > years. I don't know if he'll ever open back up you better believe I'm
>> > gonna order Chinese roast pork from him when he does!

>> You could make it yourself? I have saved your recipe and will use it,
>> although I will use different seasonings. Just think, you could have it
>> when
>> ever you want it )

> It's not easy to get pork belly of the proper size. It's a popular food
> item over here but for some reason, it's mostly sold in strips. If I ever
> find a nice piece, I will make it.

Understood! Where I live I never see any either (always in strips) but we
spend a lot of time down in Yorkshire where my favourite butcher has it in
abundance so I am lucky

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/03/2016 5:09 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 03:12:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1545...crackling.aspx

>>> You could make it yourself? I have saved your recipe and will use it,
>>> although I will use different seasonings. Just think, you could have it when
>>> ever you want it )
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

>> It's not easy to get pork belly of the proper size. It's a popular food item over here but for some reason, it's mostly sold in strips. If I ever find a nice piece, I will make it.

> It's sold in strips here too and usually skinless -

and salted here!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/29/2016 11:17 PM, JBurns wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 08:44:05 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> I've never seen it at the store ... never looked for it, either ...
>> but there it was at Costco, a big package of it. Looked good,
>> but I don't know what people do with it.

> I use this recipe
>
> http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1545...crackling.aspx
>
> I use double the apples under the pork, and they end up like baby
> food. I add them to the sauce. The sauce is delicious. If the
> crackling isn't crispy enough finish off under the broiler, just make
> sure you watch it or it will burn.

That does look good, thank you for posting it.

The pork belly I saw is in strips and I guess doesn't have the
skin on and I don't think it's what is called for in a lot of
the recipes. I didn't realize that when I saw it, having never
bought the cut before.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/1/2016 1:01 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> NOT an easy task to do gracefully:-)
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Pork Belly [email protected] General Cooking 28 22-12-2014 09:08 PM
Pork Belly Pasts (was: Fresh Side Pork) Sqwertz General Cooking 36 11-05-2010 03:53 PM
Wine with pork belly DaleW Wine 8 16-11-2007 04:12 AM
Pork Belly jim General Cooking 7 03-12-2005 12:16 AM