Old 15-11-2015, 03:19 PM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

Default King arthur Flour

Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.
--
Susan N.

Old 15-11-2015, 04:24 PM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2015 10:19 AM, The Cook wrote:
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

Wow, I think I paid about that for the regular store stuff. I
don't really have room in my refrigerator to store flour.

Have you ever been to the KAF store in Vermont?

I've already started stocking up on that stuff as I'm determined to
make my cookie dough soon after TDay and freeze it. Not that it's
a huge chore anymore since I have my lovely Kitchenaid.

nancy

Old 15-11-2015, 05:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:24:14 -0500, Nancy Young
wrote:

On 11/15/2015 10:19 AM, The Cook wrote:
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

Wow, I think I paid about that for the regular store stuff. I
don't really have room in my refrigerator to store flour.

Have you ever been to the KAF store in Vermont?

I've already started stocking up on that stuff as I'm determined to
make my cookie dough soon after TDay and freeze it. Not that it's
a huge chore anymore since I have my lovely Kitchenaid.

nancy

I am fortunate to have an extra refrigerator that I can keep some
things in. Looks like I may have about a year's worth of flour now.

No I have not been to KAF. I am not sure it was there or open to the
public when I lived in Mass. (early 60's). But I was not making bread
then.

I don't think I would do much cooking and especially baking if I did
not have my Kitchenaid. I have a number of attachments that I use
frequently.
--
Susan N.

Old 15-11-2015, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Which model do you have?
Graham

--
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness,
Old 15-11-2015, 10:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I have a 5 quart that I have had for years. It is a Hobart. I was
not happy with the 6 quart Whirlpool I bought so I gave it to my son
and went back to my 5 quart. He is still using it I think.
--
Susan N.

Old 15-11-2015, 10:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

That's precious enough to put in your will!
Graham

Old 15-11-2015, 11:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2015 5:31 PM, graham wrote:
On 15/11/2015 3:05 PM, The Cook wrote:

I have a 5 quart that I have had for years. It is a Hobart.

That's precious enough to put in your will!

It is, indeed!
My daughter now has the Hobart my mother-in-law gave me, a few years
before my daughter was born.

Old 16-11-2015, 12:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 11/15/2015 10:19 AM, The Cook wrote:

Wow, I think I paid about that for the regular store stuff. I
don't really have room in my refrigerator to store flour.

Have you ever been to the KAF store in Vermont?

I've already started stocking up on that stuff as I'm determined to
make my cookie dough soon after TDay and freeze it. Not that it's
a huge chore anymore since I have my lovely Kitchenaid.

I am fortunate to have an extra refrigerator that I can keep some
things in. Looks like I may have about a year's worth of flour now.

Sometimes I really wish I had an extra refrigerator, but usually
the one is enough for us.

No I have not been to KAF. I am not sure it was there or open to the
public when I lived in Mass. (early 60's). But I was not making bread
then.

It's a nice place, we stopped on the way home from the White Mountains
once.

I don't think I would do much cooking and especially baking if I did
not have my Kitchenaid. I have a number of attachments that I use
frequently.

It's a real treat. I don't know why I didn't get it years ago.

nancy

Old 16-11-2015, 02:15 AM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" wrote in message
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

I don't really see what the big deal is with it. I have bought it but I
don't find it superior or anything.

Old 16-11-2015, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 9:19:51 AM UTC-6, The Cook wrote:

Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.
--
Susan N.

You snagged a good bargain and even more so with the
coupon! I'm fortunate that I live in an area where
I can walk into any grocery store and buy Martha White
flour. M.W.has been discussed in the past whenever
King Arthur comes up.

Old 16-11-2015, 08:19 PM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2015 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

I don't really see what the big deal is with it. I have bought it but I
don't find it superior or anything.

My wife sears by it. She gets a lighter bread and better rise. I do
very little baking so I don't really have a co mparison.
Old 16-11-2015, 11:47 PM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" wrote in message
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

I don't really see what the big deal is with it. I have bought it but I
don't find it superior or anything.

My wife sears by it. She gets a lighter bread and better rise. I do very
little baking so I don't really have a co mparison.

Didn't seem to go any better for me.

Old 17-11-2015, 12:10 AM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote in alt.bread.recipes:

"The Cook" wrote in message
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on
the bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

I don't really see what the big deal is with it. I have bought it
but I don't find it superior or anything.

It works better in a bread machine (though Better for Bread is it's
equal there and cheaper here). Bread machines require a consistant
ingredient because of how they operate. Hand made, you can adjust
gluten development. Not so much with atomated rising and mixing times.

Carol

Old 17-11-2015, 02:39 PM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" wrote in message
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

I don't really see what the big deal is with it. I have bought it but I
don't find it superior or anything.

My wife sears by it. She gets a lighter bread and better rise. I do very
little baking so I don't really have a co mparison.

Didn't seem to go any better for me.

For me it's taste. I don't add any salt to my breads, (or any of my food
for that mater) and I think the KA flour has a better taste than the
other super market brands.
Old 17-11-2015, 07:57 PM posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.cooking

On 11/17/2015 7:39 AM, Mark Storkamp wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
Right now it is on sale at my local grocery store for $2.98 for a 5
pound bag. Usual price is $4.58. Found a coupon for $1.00 off one
bag this morning. I am stocking up since there is a good date on the
bags and I keep mine in a refrigerator until time to use it.

I don't really see what the big deal is with it. I have bought it but I
don't find it superior or anything.

My wife sears by it. She gets a lighter bread and better rise. I do very
little baking so I don't really have a co mparison.

Didn't seem to go any better for me.

For me it's taste. I don't add any salt to my breads, (or any of my food
for that mater) and I think the KA flour has a better taste than the
other super market brands.

I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the “alleged” lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty – I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment – but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal – GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimer’s Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan’ attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family – a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.