Old 19-05-2015, 03:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yay!! My landlord bought us an ELECTRIC lawn mower!

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 10:28:26 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

Suit yourself, Yes shared student living is not for every body. So pay
the exhobitant prices of exclusive single family living and shut up
about it! No one to split the costs of utility bills, which are
getting stupidly expensive too!!! ****!! A $300 gas bill...wait, we
split it 6 ways, so my share is only $50! Whew! :-)

Why should I shut up about single-family living while you keep on
talking about the advantages of living like a college student? It's
a free country; I can live (and talk) however I like, and so can you.

Yeah, I don't see what's so great about living in a boarding house.

Old 19-05-2015, 03:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 May 2015 10:29:23 -0400, "news" wrote:

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 10:28:26 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

Suit yourself, Yes shared student living is not for every body. So pay
the exhobitant prices of exclusive single family living and shut up
about it! No one to split the costs of utility bills, which are
getting stupidly expensive too!!! ****!! A $300 gas bill...wait, we
split it 6 ways, so my share is only $50! Whew! :-)

Why should I shut up about single-family living while you keep on
talking about the advantages of living like a college student? It's
a free country; I can live (and talk) however I like, and so can you.

Yeah, I don't see what's so great about living in a boarding house.

It's cheap, fun, interesting, and I get to meet and live with a
variety of cool people! And there's almost always someone home if I
lock myself out of the house. And it minimizes all our impacts on the
environment! Priceless!

John Kuthe...
Old 19-05-2015, 03:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 May 2015 09:50:52 -0500, John Kuthe
wrote:

[...]

And it's not a "boarding house", it's "shared student living". A
boarding house generally has some type of authoritarian boarder, rule
maker, etc. We do not, we are self-governing.

John Kuthe...
Old 19-05-2015, 04:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 May 2015 10:29:23 -0400, "news" wrote:

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 10:28:26 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

Suit yourself, Yes shared student living is not for every body. So pay
the exhobitant prices of exclusive single family living and shut up
about it! No one to split the costs of utility bills, which are
getting stupidly expensive too!!! ****!! A $300 gas bill...wait, we
split it 6 ways, so my share is only $50! Whew! :-)

Why should I shut up about single-family living while you keep on
talking about the advantages of living like a college student? It's
a free country; I can live (and talk) however I like, and so can you.

Yeah, I don't see what's so great about living in a boarding house.

Me either. I live in a big house that could easily be divided so
there's a mother-in-law unit with a separate entrance and it's own off
street parking space, but I have no desire to share my home with
strangers or even people I know for that matter (I've been asked). If
I wanted apartment style living, I'd be living in an apartment
building. Airbnb seems like a natural for me, but I don't want to
share my home with anyone except my children and grandchildren.
http://roadwarriorvoices.com/2015/05...irbnb-renters/

--

sf
Old 19-05-2015, 05:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2015 8:50 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

Bullshit rationalizing.

This is what you get reduced to by being a nonm-performing asset.

All those degrees, and here you are, tsk.

Old 19-05-2015, 05:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Buncha non performing sponges is what you are.
Old 19-05-2015, 05:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2015 11:38 AM, sf wrote:
[...]

I'm sure being an independent landlord is tough. Simply owning a piece
of property and renting it doesn't cut it. There are a lot of legal
ramifications. Best to have an attorney draw up the lease and spell
everything out. Particularly eviction procedures for non-payment of rent.

In the situation Kuthe is describing, they hardly sound like
(financially or otherwise) stable individuals. Then again, Kuthe didn't
know it was their responsibility as tenants to mow the lawn. Apparently
none of them bothered to read the lease. It's exactly the sort of
situation where one hopes the landlord understands his rights under the
law so he doesn't get stuck with a bunch of deadbeats.

Jill
Old 19-05-2015, 05:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Tue, 19 May 2015 10:29:23 -0400, "news" wrote:

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 10:28:26 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

Suit yourself, Yes shared student living is not for every body. So pay
the exhobitant prices of exclusive single family living and shut up
about it! No one to split the costs of utility bills, which are
getting stupidly expensive too!!! ****!! A $300 gas bill...wait, we
split it 6 ways, so my share is only $50! Whew! :-)

Why should I shut up about single-family living while you keep on
talking about the advantages of living like a college student? It's
a free country; I can live (and talk) however I like, and so can you.

Yeah, I don't see what's so great about living in a boarding house.

It's cheap, fun, interesting, and I get to meet and live with a
variety of cool people!

Yeah, druggies and other assorted criminals... works for the likes of
you, a bum who has nothing to rip off... as said "BIRDS OF A FEATHER".
Old 19-05-2015, 05:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

A real boarding house would be a big giant step up for you... boarding
houses are what were once called tourist homes and are now called B &
Bs. What you call "shared student living" is otherwise known as a
crack house.
Old 19-05-2015, 06:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2015 10:50 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

It's cheap, fun, interesting, and I get to meet and live with a
variety of cool people! And there's almost always someone home if I
lock myself out of the house. And it minimizes all our impacts on the
environment! Priceless!

John Kuthe...

It has many benefits if it works right.

Ever watch Judge Judy? Seems like a couple of times a week she has a
dispute about some shared living arrangement. One of those cool people
often turns out to be a real asshole.

Last December my grandson moved in with a few guys. He was back in
March when it did not work out.

Best of luck to you though.

Old 19-05-2015, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 May 2015 08:38:08 -0700, sf wrote:

[...]

Antisocial, are you? Don't like people Most are very nice and good
people, I have found.

John Kuthe...
Old 19-05-2015, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 May 2015 10:15:03 -0600, Cabrito del Bosque
wrote:

[...]

Sock Puppet!!

John Kuthe...
Old 19-05-2015, 07:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

You really have no clue, SheDUM!

John Kuthe...
Old 19-05-2015, 07:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 May 2015 13:21:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/19/2015 10:50 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

It's cheap, fun, interesting, and I get to meet and live with a
variety of cool people! And there's almost always someone home if I
lock myself out of the house. And it minimizes all our impacts on the
environment! Priceless!

John Kuthe...

It has many benefits if it works right.

Ever watch Judge Judy? Seems like a couple of times a week she has a
dispute about some shared living arrangement. One of those cool people
often turns out to be a real asshole.

Last December my grandson moved in with a few guys. He was back in
March when it did not work out.

Best of luck to you though.

Yeah, I've lived with a copuple of genuine ceretifiable nutcases )oh
the stories I could tell!), but those are rare, expercially among
college student populations, graduate schools expecially. And it's
graduate students who primarily populate this house right now, and
probably will in the forseeable future called the rest of MY life. And
some are gorgeous females too! YUM!! Had me a wonderful sexual affair
with a Nepali graduate student in the old place I lived in that I call
The Big House, the $198.75/mo UNreal estate place I rented for 13
years, completing my engineering education then continuing to live
there for 7 more years.

John Kuthe...
Old 19-05-2015, 07:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I don't WANT to perform in YOUR CIRCUS, where you work like slaves to
enrich YOUR OWNERS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_62s9RW9E

I want OUT! I want my FREEDOM!!

John Kuthe...