Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Yay!! My landlord bought us an ELECTRIC lawn mower!

On 5/19/2015 11:38 AM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2015 10:29:23 -0400, "news" > wrote:
>>

>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>>
>> On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 10:28:26 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
>>

>>> Suit yourself, Yes shared student living is not for every body. So pay
>>> the exhobitant prices of exclusive single family living and shut up
>>> about it! No one to split the costs of utility bills, which are
>>> getting stupidly expensive too!!! ****!! A $300 gas bill...wait, we
>>> split it 6 ways, so my share is only $50! Whew! :-)

>> Why should I shut up about single-family living while you keep on
>> talking about the advantages of living like a college student? It's
>> a free country; I can live (and talk) however I like, and so can you.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Yeah, I don't see what's so great about living in a boarding house.

> Me either. I live in a big house that could easily be divided so
> there's a mother-in-law unit with a separate entrance and it's own off
> street parking space, but I have no desire to share my home with
> strangers or even people I know for that matter (I've been asked). If
> I wanted apartment style living, I'd be living in an apartment
> building. Airbnb seems like a natural for me, but I don't want to
> share my home with anyone except my children and grandchildren.
> http://roadwarriorvoices.com/2015/05...irbnb-renters/

I'm sure being an independent landlord is tough. Simply owning a piece
of property and renting it doesn't cut it. There are a lot of legal
ramifications. Best to have an attorney draw up the lease and spell
everything out. Particularly eviction procedures for non-payment of rent.

In the situation Kuthe is describing, they hardly sound like
(financially or otherwise) stable individuals. Then again, Kuthe didn't
know it was their responsibility as tenants to mow the lawn. Apparently
none of them bothered to read the lease. It's exactly the sort of
situation where one hopes the landlord understands his rights under the
law so he doesn't get stuck with a bunch of deadbeats.

Jill