Old 06-03-2015, 04:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Police raid

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Old 06-03-2015, 08:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 06:10:54 +1100, Bruce wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

The headline says "cops raid retiree's garden, seize okra plants". But
what really happened is "the officers apologized and took some of the
suspicious okra leaves". I guess that headline wouldn't attract as
many readers.

I grow okra, only an ignorant southern Georgia boy would mistake pot
plants for okra, they look nothing alike... yeah, they're green but
entirely different growth habits.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-06 2:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

The headline says "cops raid retiree's garden, seize okra plants". But
what really happened is "the officers apologized and took some of the
suspicious okra leaves". I guess that headline wouldn't attract as
many readers.

Yep...and some people apparently don't read much further than the
headline. Someone sees the stock photo of okra pods and assumes the sops
are a bunch of dumb asses for seizing his crop when the fact is that
they mistook the leaves for pot, went to investigate and then left.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Brooklyn1 wrote:

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 06:10:54 +1100, Bruce wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...vily-armed-dru
g-cops-raid-retirees-garden-seize-okra-plants/?postshare=4471425654596337

The headline says "cops raid retiree's garden, seize okra plants". But
what really happened is "the officers apologized and took some of the
suspicious okra leaves". I guess that headline wouldn't attract as
many readers.

I grow okra, only an ignorant southern Georgia boy would mistake pot
plants for okra, they look nothing alike... yeah, they're green but
entirely different growth habits.

but don't you know that okra leaves give a much more nutritious high
Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 15:20:24 -0500, Dave Smith

On 2015-03-06 2:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

The headline says "cops raid retiree's garden, seize okra plants". But
what really happened is "the officers apologized and took some of the
suspicious okra leaves". I guess that headline wouldn't attract as
many readers.

Yep...and some people apparently don't read much further than the
headline. Someone sees the stock photo of okra pods and assumes the sops
are a bunch of dumb asses for seizing his crop when the fact is that
they mistook the leaves for pot, went to investigate and then left.

Idiot cops that mistake okra leaves for marijuana leaves need
something better to do.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Old 06-03-2015, 10:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 14:42:54 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

Sounds like he has a lawsuit. The cops took parts of his okra even
after it was determined it was not marijuana.

Next they'll confiscate his car and his home, which would be perfectly
legal.

All that supermarket food's affecting your brain.

A report I read in the paper, was of police arresting a bloke
after pulling up all the ...

tomato plants in his greenhouse ...
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 06-03-2015, 10:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-06 2:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

The headline says "cops raid retiree's garden, seize okra plants". But
what really happened is "the officers apologized and took some of the
suspicious okra leaves". I guess that headline wouldn't attract as
many readers.

Yep...and some people apparently don't read much further than the
headline. Someone sees the stock photo of okra pods and assumes the sops
are a bunch of dumb asses for seizing his crop when the fact is that
they mistook the leaves for pot, went to investigate and then left.

Idiot cops that mistake okra leaves for marijuana leaves need
something better to do.

The leaves look similar. They spotted it from a helicopter. They
followed up. It was no big deal. It's not like they seized the guy's
okra crop and shot that picture of it.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-06 2:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

The headline says "cops raid retiree's garden, seize okra plants". But
what really happened is "the officers apologized and took some of the
suspicious okra leaves". I guess that headline wouldn't attract as
many readers.

Yep...and some people apparently don't read much further than the
headline. Someone sees the stock photo of okra pods and assumes the sops
are a bunch of dumb asses for seizing his crop when the fact is that
they mistook the leaves for pot, went to investigate and then left.

Idiot cops that mistake okra leaves for marijuana leaves need
something better to do.

I would think so! Maybe they are okra haters.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-06 2:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:18 -0800, sf wrote:

Don't they have anything better to do?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71425654596337

The headline says "cops raid retiree's garden, seize okra plants". But
what really happened is "the officers apologized and took some of the
suspicious okra leaves". I guess that headline wouldn't attract as
many readers.

Yep...and some people apparently don't read much further than the
headline. Someone sees the stock photo of okra pods and assumes the sops
are a bunch of dumb asses for seizing his crop when the fact is that
they mistook the leaves for pot, went to investigate and then left.

Idiot cops that mistake okra leaves for marijuana leaves need
something better to do.

I would think so! Maybe they are okra haters.

I think they should legalize dope and make okra illegal. :-)
Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 2015-03-06 2:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
[...]

I'm sure that a lot of people would agree with you. I actually like okra
but I know that a lot of people don't.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dsi1, i would go along with making okra illegal! Throw in turnips and asparagus while
you are at it.

N.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:54:35 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
wrote:

Dsi1, i would go along with making okra illegal!

Yes. I've grown it, eaten it... but never particularly liked it.

Throw in turnips and asparagus while
you are at it.

Asparagus? No, that would be sacrilegious!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-06 6:54 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
Dsi1, i would go along with making okra illegal! Throw in turnips and asparagus while
you are at it.

Turnips???? sure. Asparagus???? No way. That is my number one favourite
vegetable.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-06 6:54 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
Dsi1, i would go along with making okra illegal! Throw in turnips and
asparagus while
you are at it.

Turnips???? sure. Asparagus???? No way. That is my number one favourite
vegetable.

I like raw turnips and can handle a small amount in a vegetable soup. But
you couldn't pay me to eat asparagus!