Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Twice Baked Potato

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 17:37:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>
>[snip]
>>
>> People talk about schmaltz... there's an idea I can't wrap my mind
>> around. No thanks to saving chicken fat for cooking.

>I've fried potatoes in chicken fat -- much better than canola oil!

You're making me hungry...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

>When I make chicken soup (or pie) I use the fat from the stock to sweat
>the vegetables in.

That's not chicken schmaltz... that's like the fat from boiled bacon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:20:30 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 12/13/2014 5:50 PM, wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 17:16:55 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> You may have it.

> >> I don't cook chicken often enough to save the fat. I generally buy
> >> skinless thighs; there's no rendered fat to speak of. I do buy chicken
> >> leg quarters (thighs + drumsticks) sometimes for chicken stew or chicken
> >> & dumplings but I only make that a couple of times a year.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Why would you pay more for skinless? Takes but a second to remove
> > skin from any part if that's what you prefer. Harder to give it
> > flavour though without skin.
> >

> Correction: I buy skinless when on sale. I know it only takes mere
> seconds to remove the skin. I occasionally make chicken thighs simmered
> in a teriyaki/garlic sauce and don't want the skin on them. Even if I
> was using skin-on chicken I still wouldn't be saving rendered chicken
> fat. I don't fry things often so what would be the point of saving it?

I don't fry either, so I don't cook chicken with skin or bone. I hate
slimy skin and don't want to deal with bones on my dinner plate, but I
have saved lots of rendered chicken fat for the confit I have still
not made to date. I don't need to fry or sweat anything in chicken
fat for flavor, that's what herbs and spices are for.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2014 11:56 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:20:30 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/13/2014 5:50 PM, wrote:

>>> Why would you pay more for skinless? Takes but a second to remove
>>> skin from any part if that's what you prefer. Harder to give it
>>> flavour though without skin.
>>>

>> Correction: I buy skinless when on sale. I know it only takes mere
>> seconds to remove the skin. I occasionally make chicken thighs simmered
>> in a teriyaki/garlic sauce and don't want the skin on them. Even if I
>> was using skin-on chicken I still wouldn't be saving rendered chicken
>> fat. I don't fry things often so what would be the point of saving it?
>>

> I don't fry either, so I don't cook chicken with skin or bone. I hate
> slimy skin

For me, the skin is just something to throw out. I don't enjoy handling
it. I do wait until the skinless goes on sale rather than pay a premium
price for it.

> and don't want to deal with bones on my dinner plate, but I
> have saved lots of rendered chicken fat for the confit I have still
> not made to date.

Did you freeze it? When I first brought this up I was replying to
Sheldon's talking about bacon grease. Some people seem to keep it in a
small pot next to the stove and use it a lot. I can't quite imagine it.
Seems it would go rancid unless you cook with it all the time.

> I don't need to fry or sweat anything in chicken
> fat for flavor, that's what herbs and spices are for.

Pretty much my way of thinking, although I have no plans to make confit.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 12:10:47 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 12/14/2014 11:56 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:20:30 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> Correction: I buy skinless when on sale. I know it only takes mere
> >> seconds to remove the skin. I occasionally make chicken thighs simmered
> >> in a teriyaki/garlic sauce and don't want the skin on them. Even if I
> >> was using skin-on chicken I still wouldn't be saving rendered chicken
> >> fat. I don't fry things often so what would be the point of saving it?
> >>

> > I don't fry either, so I don't cook chicken with skin or bone. I hate
> > slimy skin

> For me, the skin is just something to throw out. I don't enjoy handling
> it. I do wait until the skinless goes on sale rather than pay a premium
> price for it.

Skinless/boneless is always on sale. If it's not on sale this time,
it will be on sale the next time I'm in the store. Full price isn't
so expensive I'd not buy it if there was something I really, really,
really wanted to use chicken for dinner.

> > and don't want to deal with bones on my dinner plate, but I
> > have saved lots of rendered chicken fat for the confit I have still
> > not made to date.

> Did you freeze it? When I first brought this up I was replying to
> Sheldon's talking about bacon grease. Some people seem to keep it in a
> small pot next to the stove and use it a lot. I can't quite imagine it.
> Seems it would go rancid unless you cook with it all the time.

Most of it is frozen, although I do have a small container in the
refrigerator... just because Janet W said it doesn't go rancid.
Haven't checked it lately - but there is no stench, so I'll assume
it's still good.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:33:35 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> I haven't baked any potatoes lately. I should put large russets on my
> shopping list.

That's all I buy. Then I have the right spud on hand for baking, mashed, what you will. I refuse to keep an inventory of different potatoes on hand, as something would surely go to waste.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2014 2:10 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:33:35 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I haven't baked any potatoes lately. I should put large russets on my
>> shopping list.
>>

> That's all I buy. Then I have the right spud on hand for baking, mashed, what you will. I refuse to keep an inventory of different potatoes on hand, as something would surely go to waste.

Same here. Oh, occasionally I'll buy some small red new potatoes at the
farm stand. But for the most part russets are my go-to spud.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 12, 2014 6:38:30 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> >> All through my childhood my mother used margarine because it was less
> >> costly.

> > My mother totally bought into the healthier thing, but knowing her,
> > the cheaper thing was a big factor, too. Not knocking her, just
> > saying.

> Cheapness was a big factor in those days, and sometimes in these too.

Lack of money was a factor too. OTOH, I guess you could say that my mom was cheap. we didn't have no stinkin' butter or fancy foods. My room and our house was pretty sparse - it was sorta like a monastery. The local style here was the wife controls the household money and she was socking a lot of it away in savings bonds. These days, I wish that I could live in a household like that once again.

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Friday, December 12, 2014 6:38:30 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > My mother totally bought into the healthier thing, but knowing her,
>> > the cheaper thing was a big factor, too. Not knocking her, just
>> > saying.

>> Cheapness was a big factor in those days, and sometimes in these too.

> Lack of money was a factor too. OTOH, I guess you could say that my mom
> was cheap. we didn't have no stinkin' butter or fancy foods. My room and
> our house was pretty sparse - it was sorta like a monastery. The local
> style here was the wife controls the household money and she was socking a
> lot of it away in savings bonds. These days, I wish that I could live in a
> household like that once again.

Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:35:30 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

> On Friday, December 12, 2014 6:38:30 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > My mother totally bought into the healthier thing, but knowing her,
> > > the cheaper thing was a big factor, too. Not knocking her, just
> > > saying.

> > Cheapness was a big factor in those days, and sometimes in these too.

> Lack of money was a factor too. OTOH, I guess you could say that my mom was cheap. we didn't have no stinkin' butter or fancy foods. My room and our house was pretty sparse - it was sorta like a monastery.

My Mom used margarine too, but I think margarine was in fashion back
then. Kind of like EVOO is now. As far as sparse decorations, that's
the way my house was too... I think it was the style back then.
Wasn't it called Danish Modern or something like that? My mother
didn't take the style full on, but you could certainly see the
influences at our house. My dad's couch looked very similar to this
one. except it was straighter - no modern swoop or legs that spayed
out. Very stark and I absolutely hated that style.
http://retrorenovation.com/wp-conten...-furniture.gif

>The local style here was the wife controls the household money and she was socking a lot of it away in savings bonds.

That too.

> These days, I wish that I could live in a household like that once again.

Not me! I am in the "cleaning out" phase of life, but I definitely do
not want my house ever to be that bare. Yuck.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:40:26 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

For me, it was something I got at grandma's house. They were old
fashioned like that.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:10:12 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:33:35 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > I haven't baked any potatoes lately. I should put large russets on my
> > shopping list.
> >

> That's all I buy. Then I have the right spud on hand for baking, mashed, what you will. I refuse to keep an inventory of different potatoes on hand, as something would surely go to waste.

I'm the opposite. I used to buy russets exclusively. Never big ones,
those things are 1 pound each and I don't need that much. Hubby and I
split a baked one that's 3-4 inches long for dinner. These days, I
still buy russets, but I buy more sweet potatoes and a bag of those
little "gold" potatoes from time to time.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 15, 2014 1:41:49 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <> wrote in message

> >> Cheapness was a big factor in those days, and sometimes in these too.

> > Lack of money was a factor too. OTOH, I guess you could say that my mom
> > was cheap. we didn't have no stinkin' butter or fancy foods. My room and
> > our house was pretty sparse - it was sorta like a monastery. The local
> > style here was the wife controls the household money and she was socking a
> > lot of it away in savings bonds. These days, I wish that I could live in a
> > household like that once again.

> Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

I didn't consider it much of a treat. We thought it was unhealthy back in those days. The only time I used butter, as I recall, was when I made chicken kiev.

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 15, 2014 6:22:44 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:35:30 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <>
> wrote:

> > > Cheapness was a big factor in those days, and sometimes in these too.

> > Lack of money was a factor too. OTOH, I guess you could say that my mom was cheap. we didn't have no stinkin' butter or fancy foods. My room and our house was pretty sparse - it was sorta like a monastery.

> My Mom used margarine too, but I think margarine was in fashion back
> then. Kind of like EVOO is now. As far as sparse decorations, that's
> the way my house was too... I think it was the style back then.
> Wasn't it called Danish Modern or something like that? My mother
> didn't take the style full on, but you could certainly see the
> influences at our house. My dad's couch looked very similar to this
> one. except it was straighter - no modern swoop or legs that spayed
> out. Very stark and I absolutely hated that style.
> http://retrorenovation.com/wp-conten...-furniture.gif

We didn't eat butter back then because it was more expensive and for health reasons. That's fine with me - I'm not a big fan of the stuff these days either.

Our family's style was that of no-style. We were not interested in any kind of displays, or into decorating the house much. My room had a desk and a chest and a small bookcase. We never had any carpeting. When my father remarried, his Swedish wife did decorate the place but it's still a sparse style..

Those are nice 50s style furniture but it's not too Danish. I have a couple of 60s Danish chairs in my office and they are just beautiful, graceful, stuff. It really wasn't meant to hold 300 plus pounds of ex-footballers in the form of a sales rep. That guy was a little too excited about his product and he broke my chair and it was never the same again. The chairs were given to me by my friend. Now if I can just get my grubby little hands on their Danish desk! It's a wonderful piece. The top looks like it's floating on air.

> >The local style here was the wife controls the household money and she was socking a lot of it away in savings bonds.
> >

> That too.

It's a good system of household money management.

> > These days, I wish that I could live in a household like that once again.

> Not me! I am in the "cleaning out" phase of life, but I definitely do
> not want my house ever to be that bare. Yuck.

That would be heaven for me.

> --
> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, December 15, 2014 1:41:49 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Lack of money was a factor too. OTOH, I guess you could say that my mom
>> > was cheap. we didn't have no stinkin' butter or fancy foods. My room
>> > and
>> > our house was pretty sparse - it was sorta like a monastery. The local
>> > style here was the wife controls the household money and she was
>> > socking a
>> > lot of it away in savings bonds. These days, I wish that I could live
>> > in a
>> > household like that once again.

>> Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

> I didn't consider it much of a treat. We thought it was unhealthy back in
> those days. The only time I used butter, as I recall, was when I made
> chicken kiev.

For me it was a treat)
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:40:26 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

> For me, it was something I got at grandma's house. They were old
> fashioned like that.

Yes My Grandma used butter too)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2014 1:58 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:40:26 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

>> For me, it was something I got at grandma's house. They were old
>> fashioned like that.

> Yes My Grandma used butter too)

As a child, I preferred margarine to butter, then I began to like
butter, now I shouldn't eat either :-(

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2014 11:40 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:10:12 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:33:35 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't baked any potatoes lately. I should put large russets on my
>>> shopping list.
>>>

>> That's all I buy. Then I have the right spud on hand for baking, mashed, what you will. I refuse to keep an inventory of different potatoes on hand, as something would surely go to waste.

> I'm the opposite. I used to buy russets exclusively. Never big ones,
> those things are 1 pound each and I don't need that much.

I can't say I've ever seen a single baking potato that weighed 1 lb. I
generally buy a small bag of russets that appears to contain a good mix
of sizes, to include at least two that would be good to use as bakers.

> Hubby and I
> split a baked one that's 3-4 inches long for dinner. These days, I
> still buy russets, but I buy more sweet potatoes and a bag of those
> little "gold" potatoes from time to time.

I buy sweet potatoes at the farm stand. Sometimes they have small white
(I think what you're calling "gold") potatoes; they sell them loose by
weight. I like the small red new potatoes if I'm in the mood for boiled
& buttered spuds.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/12/2014 4:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Cheapness was a big factor in those days, and sometimes in these too.

>> Lack of money was a factor too. OTOH, I guess you could say that my mom
>> was cheap. we didn't have no stinkin' butter or fancy foods. My room and
>> our house was pretty sparse - it was sorta like a monastery. The local
>> style here was the wife controls the household money and she was
>> socking a
>> lot of it away in savings bonds. These days, I wish that I could live
>> in a
>> household like that once again.

> Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

Not in our house! As poor as we were, Mum wouldn't dream of using
anything but butter. My grandmother, who was well off, never bought
"shop" butter. She insisted on getting it from local dairy farmers who
still went to the trouble of making it.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 12/15/2014 1:58 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:40:26 -0000, "Ophelia"

>>> For me, it was something I got at grandma's house. They were old
>>> fashioned like that.

>> Yes My Grandma used butter too)
>>

> As a child, I preferred margarine to butter, then I began to like butter,
> now I shouldn't eat either :-(

Oh I am so sorry to hear that Are you not allowed a little?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/15/2014 11:40 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:10:12 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
>> > wrote:

>>> That's all I buy. Then I have the right spud on hand for baking,
>>> mashed, what you will. I refuse to keep an inventory of different
>>> potatoes on hand, as something would surely go to waste.

>> I'm the opposite. I used to buy russets exclusively. Never big ones,
>> those things are 1 pound each and I don't need that much.

> I can't say I've ever seen a single baking potato that weighed 1 lb. I
> generally buy a small bag of russets that appears to contain a good mix of
> sizes, to include at least two that would be good to use as bakers.

Some stores here sell enormous ones. I'm sure they are at least a pound
each.

>> Hubby and I
>> split a baked one that's 3-4 inches long for dinner. These days, I
>> still buy russets, but I buy more sweet potatoes and a bag of those
>> little "gold" potatoes from time to time.
>>

> I buy sweet potatoes at the farm stand. Sometimes they have small white
> (I think what you're calling "gold") potatoes; they sell them loose by
> weight. I like the small red new potatoes if I'm in the mood for boiled &
> buttered spuds.

I think she means like Yukon Gold.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2014 8:58 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> mom
>>>
>>> Butter was a treat when I was growing up too.

>> I didn't consider it much of a treat. We thought it was unhealthy back in
>> those days. The only time I used butter, as I recall, was when I made
>> chicken kiev.

> For me it was a treat)

Well, the chicken kiev was certainly a treat but I've never thought of
butter as being festive. I think that dairy products are not real
popular in most Asian cultures - probably because the stuff is not too
compatible with our guts. I do like the tasty and refreshing taste of
Calpico though.

Calpico is a milk based drink that has been treated to give it a
fragrant citrous smell. I even use a fermented milk body wash that has
the same smell. It's milk made pleasant!

http://www.amazon.com/Calpico-Concen.../dp/B005LTIKUW
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 11:10:53 AM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/14/2014 11:56 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:20:30 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> Correction: I buy skinless when on sale. I know it only takes mere
> >> seconds to remove the skin. I occasionally make chicken thighs simmered
> >> in a teriyaki/garlic sauce and don't want the skin on them. Even if I
> >> was using skin-on chicken I still wouldn't be saving rendered chicken
> >> fat. I don't fry things often so what would be the point of saving it?
> >>

> > I don't fry either, so I don't cook chicken with skin or bone. I hate
> > slimy skin

> For me, the skin is just something to throw out. I don't enjoy handling
> it. I do wait until the skinless goes on sale rather than pay a premium
> price for it.
>
> > and don't want to deal with bones on my dinner plate, but I
> > have saved lots of rendered chicken fat for the confit I have still
> > not made to date.

> Did you freeze it? When I first brought this up I was replying to
> Sheldon's talking about bacon grease. Some people seem to keep it in a
> small pot next to the stove and use it a lot. I can't quite imagine it.
> Seems it would go rancid unless you cook with it all the time.

It keeps in the fridge for many months. Bacon grease is mostly monounsaturated
and saturated fat. Monounsaturated goes rancid slowly, and fully saturated
fatty acids are extremely stable. It is polyunsaturates that go rancid,
and they not only go rancid in the fryer and on the counter, but in the
bloodstream.

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 4:50:49 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 17:16:55 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> Save yours for me, I love it.
> >>

> >You may have it.
> >
> >> When I make chicken soup (or pie) I use the fat from the stock to sweat
> >> the vegetables in.
> >>
> >> Janet UK
> >>

> >I don't cook chicken often enough to save the fat. I generally buy
> >skinless thighs; there's no rendered fat to speak of. I do buy chicken
> >leg quarters (thighs + drumsticks) sometimes for chicken stew or chicken
> >& dumplings but I only make that a couple of times a year.
> >
> >Jill

> Why would you pay more for skinless?

Because she has more money than sense.

> Takes but a second to remove skin from any part if that's what you
> prefer. Harder to give it flavour though without skin.

That's more true of breast than thigh, but chicken skin is, IMO, the
most delicious part of the bird when cooked crispy brown.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/12/2014 5:23 PM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

It is polyunsaturates that go rancid,
> and they not only go rancid in the fryer and on the counter, but in the
> bloodstream.

You have a credible source for this?
Otherwise it looks like squit, twaddle and bunkum.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 12/15/2014 8:58 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I didn't consider it much of a treat. We thought it was unhealthy back
>>> in
>>> those days. The only time I used butter, as I recall, was when I made
>>> chicken kiev.

>> For me it was a treat)

> Well, the chicken kiev was certainly a treat but I've never thought of
> butter as being festive. I think that dairy products are not real popular
> in most Asian cultures - probably because the stuff is not too compatible
> withour guts. I do like the tasty and refreshing taste of Calpico though.

Butter isn't festive to me either. I use it every day.

> Calpico is a milk based drink that has been treated to give it a fragrant
> citrous smell. I even use a fermented milk body wash that has the same
> smell. It's milk made pleasant!
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Calpico-Concen.../dp/B005LTIKUW

If you enjoy it that is all that matters)
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:14:52 -0500, James Silverton
> wrote:

> On 12/15/2014 1:58 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > "sf" > wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:40:26 -0000, "Ophelia"

> >> For me, it was something I got at grandma's house. They were old
> >> fashioned like that.

> > Yes My Grandma used butter too)
> >

> As a child, I preferred margarine to butter, then I began to like
> butter, now I shouldn't eat either :-(

Hubby uses light butter. I can beat olive oil into regular butter,
but the stuff he buys stays soft in the refrigerator so he uses very
little when he spreads it on his morning toast.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:22:15 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> I buy sweet potatoes at the farm stand. Sometimes they have small white
> (I think what you're calling "gold") potatoes;

If they're white, they aren't what I'm talking about. Yellow/gold
potato skin is yellowish brownish color and the flesh is a creamy
light yellow. What you buy has a light, almost translucent, skin and
no yellow to the flesh.

> they sell them loose by
> weight. I like the small red new potatoes if I'm in the mood for boiled
> & buttered spuds.

I've never taken a liking to red skinned new potatoes. They are my
least favorite type. The white boiling potatoes you mentioned are a
close second, racing to the bottom (for me).

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:26:26 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I think she means like Yukon Gold.

No, I don't. Yukon Gold is one type (and I haven't seen it sold by
name in years), but if that's the only yellow potato you can hang your
hat on then knock yourself out.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I can beat olive oil into regular butter,

That's a really nasty habit you have.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:45:11 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > I can beat olive oil into regular butter,

> That's a really nasty habit you have.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Baked red potato? KenK General Cooking 28 20-03-2015 01:51 PM
Baked Potato Bar Tara General Cooking 71 19-11-2013 11:39 PM
Microwave 'baked' potato? KenK General Cooking 84 23-07-2012 07:29 PM
MW baked potato Ken Knecht General Cooking 43 31-12-2006 03:29 AM
Baked Potato in Gas BBQ? Bobz General Cooking 5 14-07-2004 05:33 PM