Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stuffed shells with meat?

Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
pierogies.

I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps with
onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for Angela,
perhaps topped with chicken gravy?

Has anyone made something similar?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:54:52 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
>with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
>pierogies.
>
>I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps with
>onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for Angela,
>perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
>
>Has anyone made something similar?

I've never done shells, but I have made stuffed cannelloni and
manicotti. I use a beef/pork/veal mixture for the stuffing.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-01 8:52 AM, Doris Night wrote:

>> I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps with
>> onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for Angela,
>> perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
>>
>> Has anyone made something similar?

> I've never done shells, but I have made stuffed cannelloni and
> manicotti. I use a beef/pork/veal mixture for the stuffing.

Those are good. They are also excellent with a cheese filling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:54:52 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
> with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
> pierogies.

Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
>Doris Night wrote:
>
>>> I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps with
>>> onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for Angela,
>>> perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
>>>
>>> Has anyone made something similar?

>> I've never done shells, but I have made stuffed cannelloni and
>> manicotti. I use a beef/pork/veal mixture for the stuffing.
>>

>Those are good. They are also excellent with a cheese filling.

Too labor intensive... I much prefer medium shells with a rich meat
sauce... the meaty sauce fills the shells all on it's own.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Helpful person wrote:
>Julie Bove wrote:
>> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
>> with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
>> pierogies.
>>

>Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.

K'nish fressen!
http://www.gabilas.com/?gclid=CKv98M...FRQV7AodMXQArw
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2398324...potato-knishes

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 May 2014 09:09:08 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-05-01 8:52 AM, Doris Night wrote:
>
> >> I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps with
> >> onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for Angela,
> >> perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
> >>
> >> Has anyone made something similar?

> > I've never done shells, but I have made stuffed cannelloni and
> > manicotti. I use a beef/pork/veal mixture for the stuffing.
> >

> Those are good. They are also excellent with a cheese filling.

I prefer a ricotta spinach filling for shells, but they can be covered
with a meaty red sauce.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:54:52 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> > Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
> > with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
> > pierogies.
> >

> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.

Sounds like a carb overload to me.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 11:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen
> them with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion
> for faux pierogies.
>
> I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps
> with onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for
> Angela, perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
>
> Has anyone made something similar?

I used to make stuffed shells before I married DH. Now we have to watch
carbs too carefully.

I have never stuffed them with anything other than a cheese mixture.
Ricotta with an egg, shredded mozzarella, a bit of Parmesano Reggiano
and Pecorino Romano grated in as well and some finely snipped parsley.
Seasoning is salt, pepper and a couple of grates of fresh nutmeg.

I used one of the kid's baby spoons to stuff the shells, topped it with
homemade red sauce and baked it.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 9:01 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:54:52 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
>>> with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
>>> pierogies.
>>>

>> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.
>>

> Sounds like a carb overload to me.

That was my thought as well.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 10:01 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:54:52 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
>>> with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
>>> pierogies.
>>>

>> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.
>>

> Sounds like a carb overload to me.

It does indeed, and I don't even think about carbs. I have stuffed
pasta shells with flaked salmon and cottage cheese. Baked topped with a
dill cream sauce. I can't imagine pasta stuffed with mashed potatoes, ugh!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:54:52 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
>>with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for faux
>>pierogies.
>>
>>I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps
>>with
>>onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for
>>Angela,
>>perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
>>
>>Has anyone made something similar?

> I've never done shells, but I have made stuffed cannelloni and
> manicotti. I use a beef/pork/veal mixture for the stuffing.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Helpful person" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:54:52 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen them
>> with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for
>> faux
>> pierogies.
>>

> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.

They are quite good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:54:52 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen
>> > them
>> > with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion for
>> > faux
>> > pierogies.
>> >

>> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.
>>

> Sounds like a carb overload to me.

You don't need to eat a ton of them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> It does indeed, and I don't even think about carbs. I have stuffed pasta
> shells with flaked salmon and cottage cheese. Baked topped with a dill
> cream sauce. I can't imagine pasta stuffed with mashed potatoes, ugh!

So you never eat pierogies?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 May 2014 09:43:18 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 4/30/2014 11:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen
>> them with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion
>> for faux pierogies.
>>
>> I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps
>> with onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for
>> Angela, perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
>>
>> Has anyone made something similar?

>I used to make stuffed shells before I married DH. Now we have to watch
>carbs too carefully.
>
>I have never stuffed them with anything other than a cheese mixture.
>Ricotta with an egg, shredded mozzarella, a bit of Parmesano Reggiano
>and Pecorino Romano grated in as well and some finely snipped parsley.
>Seasoning is salt, pepper and a couple of grates of fresh nutmeg.
>
>I used one of the kid's baby spoons to stuff the shells, topped it with
>homemade red sauce and baked it.

After the first few times I tried stuffing store bought shells I
started making my own. They are cooked like a crepe, filling put down
the middle of it, and the rolled. I used to make 32 at a time, put 4
in each pan, put sauce on them and froze them.

Now I just make ziti casserole. Use ziti pasta, the same filling and
sauce recipes. Then layer it in a pan and bake. Much easier and
tastes the same.

Right now I am out of manicotti sauce (my homemade canned) so will
have to wait until tomato season to make more.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Some eateries (one hesitates to call them "restaurants") in Turkey
flog meat-stuffed shells as an alternative to manti, Turkish-style
ravioli, because they're much less labor-intensive.

Like manti they're served with a sauce of yogurt, garlic, and mint
rather than anything tomato-based.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_(dumpling)

--
Bob
www.kanyak.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 May 2014 11:29:28 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 5/1/2014 10:01 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > > wrote:

> >> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.
> >>

> > Sounds like a carb overload to me.
> >

> It does indeed, and I don't even think about carbs. I have stuffed
> pasta shells with flaked salmon and cottage cheese. Baked topped with a
> dill cream sauce. I can't imagine pasta stuffed with mashed potatoes, ugh!

I like the sound of your filling and sauce!

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 May 2014 13:42:36 -0400, The Cook >
wrote:

> Now I just make ziti casserole. Use ziti pasta, the same filling and
> sauce recipes. Then layer it in a pan and bake. Much easier and
> tastes the same.

I don't see ziti out here. I used to think it was another word for
ditalini, but it's longer... more like mostaccioli, I guess.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 12:42 PM, The Cook wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2014 09:43:18 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/30/2014 11:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Has anyone made these? I've used cheese which is common. I've seen
>>> them with seafood. I even stuffed them with mashed potatoes and onion
>>> for faux pierogies.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of ground beef with red sauce for husband and I. Perhaps
>>> with onions and peppers in the meat. And maybe some chopped chicken for
>>> Angela, perhaps topped with chicken gravy?
>>>
>>> Has anyone made something similar?

>> I used to make stuffed shells before I married DH. Now we have to watch
>> carbs too carefully.
>>
>> I have never stuffed them with anything other than a cheese mixture.
>> Ricotta with an egg, shredded mozzarella, a bit of Parmesano Reggiano
>> and Pecorino Romano grated in as well and some finely snipped parsley.
>> Seasoning is salt, pepper and a couple of grates of fresh nutmeg.
>>
>> I used one of the kid's baby spoons to stuff the shells, topped it with
>> homemade red sauce and baked it.

> After the first few times I tried stuffing store bought shells I
> started making my own. They are cooked like a crepe, filling put down
> the middle of it, and the rolled. I used to make 32 at a time, put 4
> in each pan, put sauce on them and froze them.

That's manicotti. Stuffed shells, are, well, shells. Big ones.

> Now I just make ziti casserole. Use ziti pasta, the same filling and
> sauce recipes. Then layer it in a pan and bake. Much easier and
> tastes the same.
>
> Right now I am out of manicotti sauce (my homemade canned) so will
> have to wait until tomato season to make more.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 2:01 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2014 13:42:36 -0400, The Cook >
> wrote:
>
>> Now I just make ziti casserole. Use ziti pasta, the same filling and
>> sauce recipes. Then layer it in a pan and bake. Much easier and
>> tastes the same.

> I don't see ziti out here. I used to think it was another word for
> ditalini, but it's longer... more like mostaccioli, I guess.

I don't see it here, either. I used to make a pretty mean baked ziti
with cheese and ground beef and Italian sausage and home made red sauce
(gravy). When you are cooking for two and watching carbs, pasta isn't a
regular menu item. Sad because the mothers of my Italian friends taught
me to cook so many Sicilian-style dishes.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:29:28 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/1/2014 10:01 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person

> >> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.

> > Sounds like a carb overload to me.

> It does indeed, and I don't even think about carbs. I have stuffed
> pasta shells with flaked salmon and cottage cheese. Baked topped with a
> dill cream sauce. I can't imagine pasta stuffed with mashed potatoes, ugh!
>
> Jill

So you don't eat gnocchi?

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > > wrote:

> >> Mash potato and onion sounds wonderful.
> >>

> > Sounds like a carb overload to me.

> You don't need to eat a ton of them.

Exactly! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Opinicus" > wrote in message
> Some eateries (one hesitates to call them "restaurants") in Turkey
> flog meat-stuffed shells as an alternative to manti, Turkish-style
> ravioli, because they're much less labor-intensive.
>
> Like manti they're served with a sauce of yogurt, garlic, and mint
> rather than anything tomato-based.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_(dumpling)

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 May 2014 13:42:36 -0400, The Cook >
> wrote:
>
>> Now I just make ziti casserole. Use ziti pasta, the same filling and
>> sauce recipes. Then layer it in a pan and bake. Much easier and
>> tastes the same.

> I don't see ziti out here. I used to think it was another word for
> ditalini, but it's longer... more like mostaccioli, I guess.

Ziti is more like Penne than it is Ditalini! And surely you must have it
there although Penne seems more common here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 5/1/2014 2:01 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 May 2014 13:42:36 -0400, The Cook >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Now I just make ziti casserole. Use ziti pasta, the same filling and
>>> sauce recipes. Then layer it in a pan and bake. Much easier and
>>> tastes the same.

>> I don't see ziti out here. I used to think it was another word for
>> ditalini, but it's longer... more like mostaccioli, I guess.
>>

> I don't see it here, either. I used to make a pretty mean baked ziti with
> cheese and ground beef and Italian sausage and home made red sauce
> (gravy). When you are cooking for two and watching carbs, pasta isn't a
> regular menu item. Sad because the mothers of my Italian friends taught
> me to cook so many Sicilian-style dishes.

When I do pasta dishes I often add a lot of meat and vegetables to them so
that proportionally there is less pasta than the rest of the stuff. I find
that so long as I can see the pasta or rice or whatever it is still
satisfying. There doesn't have to be a lot of it and it is more satisfying
mixed in than to have a small spoonful on the side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 4:04 PM, Helpful person wrote:
> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:29:28 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/1/2014 10:01 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person

>>> Sounds like a carb overload to me.

>> It does indeed, and I don't even think about carbs. I have stuffed
>> pasta shells with flaked salmon and cottage cheese. Baked topped with a
>> dill cream sauce. I can't imagine pasta stuffed with mashed potatoes, ugh!
>>
>> Jill

> So you don't eat gnocchi?

I've had gnocchi. Not gnocchi stuffed with mashed potatoes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 May 2014 22:22:52 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 5/1/2014 4:04 PM, Helpful person wrote:

> >> It does indeed, and I don't even think about carbs. I have stuffed
> >> pasta shells with flaked salmon and cottage cheese. Baked topped with a
> >> dill cream sauce. I can't imagine pasta stuffed with mashed potatoes, ugh!
> >>
> >> Jill

> > So you don't eat gnocchi?
> >

> I've had gnocchi. Not gnocchi stuffed with mashed potatoes.

Gnocchi that I've eaten isn't stuffed, but gnocchi is made with
potato. That said, I don't like it - way too heavy. I *love* ricotta
gnocchi.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 May 2014 22:22:52 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>> > So you don't eat gnocchi?
>> >

>> I've had gnocchi. Not gnocchi stuffed with mashed potatoes.
>>

> Gnocchi that I've eaten isn't stuffed, but gnocchi is made with
> potato. That said, I don't like it - way too heavy. I *love* ricotta
> gnocchi.

In terms of carbs, I'll bet my stuffed shells have less than gnocchi. I put
a *lot* of onions in there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 12:38:48 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message

> > On Thu, 01 May 2014 22:22:52 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> I've had gnocchi. Not gnocchi stuffed with mashed potatoes.

> > Gnocchi that I've eaten isn't stuffed, but gnocchi is made with
> > potato. That said, I don't like it - way too heavy. I *love* ricotta
> > gnocchi.

> In terms of carbs, I'll bet my stuffed shells have less than gnocchi. I put
> a *lot* of onions in there.

My whole point is that gnocchi is about 100% carbohydrate if
served correctly (very little sauce). Freshly made gnocchi
is delicious. You don't have to eat an enormous serving.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 11:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>
>> Gnocchi that I've eaten isn't stuffed, but gnocchi is made with
>> potato. That said, I don't like it - way too heavy. I *love* ricotta
>> gnocchi.
>>

> In terms of carbs, I'll bet my stuffed shells have less than gnocchi. I
> put a *lot* of onions in there.

A lot of onions contributes carbs to the recipe. Onions have a lot of
sugar for veggies.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 May 2014 10:08:37 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

> A lot of onions contributes carbs to the recipe. Onions have a lot of
> sugar for veggies.

That's too bad (I knew, but ignored it), because I have a love affair
going on with onions.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 11:26 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 02 May 2014 10:08:37 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
>> A lot of onions contributes carbs to the recipe. Onions have a lot of
>> sugar for veggies.

> That's too bad (I knew, but ignored it), because I have a love affair
> going on with onions.

We are still working off our 50# bag of Texas sweet onions. I make him
count the carbs for caramelized onions.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Helpful person" > wrote in message
> On Friday, May 2, 2014 12:38:48 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > Gnocchi that I've eaten isn't stuffed, but gnocchi is made with
>> > potato. That said, I don't like it - way too heavy. I *love* ricotta
>> > gnocchi.

>> In terms of carbs, I'll bet my stuffed shells have less than gnocchi. I
>> put
>> a *lot* of onions in there.

> My whole point is that gnocchi is about 100% carbohydrate if
> served correctly (very little sauce). Freshly made gnocchi
> is delicious. You don't have to eat an enormous serving.

Exactly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 5/1/2014 11:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Gnocchi that I've eaten isn't stuffed, but gnocchi is made with
>>> potato. That said, I don't like it - way too heavy. I *love* ricotta
>>> gnocchi.
>>>

>> In terms of carbs, I'll bet my stuffed shells have less than gnocchi. I
>> put a *lot* of onions in there.

> A lot of onions contributes carbs to the recipe. Onions have a lot of
> sugar for veggies.

Onions are a low carb veggie. They don't spike me at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 4:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...

>>> In terms of carbs, I'll bet my stuffed shells have less than gnocchi. I
>>> put a *lot* of onions in there.

>> A lot of onions contributes carbs to the recipe. Onions have a lot of
>> sugar for veggies.

> Onions are a low carb veggie. They don't spike me at all.

They aren't as low carb as others. If you caramelize them, they have a
lot of sugar.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 5/2/2014 4:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> eb.com...

>>> A lot of onions contributes carbs to the recipe. Onions have a lot of
>>> sugar for veggies.

>> Onions are a low carb veggie. They don't spike me at all.

> They aren't as low carb as others. If you caramelize them, they have a
> lot of sugar.

But that doesn't matter to me. Overall carbs do. I can eat tons of onions.
You might not want to come near me after but my blood sugar won't spike.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 10:43 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> I used to make stuffed shells before I married DH. Now we have to watch
> carbs too carefully.
>
> I have never stuffed them with anything other than a cheese mixture.
> Ricotta with an egg, shredded mozzarella, a bit of Parmesano Reggiano
> and Pecorino Romano grated in as well and some finely snipped parsley.
> Seasoning is salt, pepper and a couple of grates of fresh nutmeg.

That's how I make mine, but instead of parsley I use spinach.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2014 11:18 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 5/1/2014 10:43 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>> I used to make stuffed shells before I married DH. Now we have to watch
>> carbs too carefully.
>>
>> I have never stuffed them with anything other than a cheese mixture.
>> Ricotta with an egg, shredded mozzarella, a bit of Parmesano Reggiano
>> and Pecorino Romano grated in as well and some finely snipped parsley.
>> Seasoning is salt, pepper and a couple of grates of fresh nutmeg.

> That's how I make mine, but instead of parsley I use spinach.

Spinach is good.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Stuffed shells. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 69 09-03-2012 04:08 PM
stuffed shells? [email protected] General Cooking 157 10-04-2011 05:18 PM
stuffed shells sf General Cooking 9 14-05-2006 02:35 PM
Stuffed shells? sarah bennett General Cooking 16 15-10-2005 07:01 PM
Jumbo Stuffed Shells Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 26-02-2005 03:11 AM