Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dessert ideas

I have a packet of sponge fingers that i would like to use up and also
some liquer gifts from Christmas that I will not drink, a bottle of
Baileys (the Jaffa flavoured one) and a bottle of Chambord dark
raspberry liquer.

I have all the usual suspects in store - eggs, milk, thickened cream,
runny cream that can be whipped stiff, mascarpone, brown and white
sugar, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ice cream, frozen berries
and some meringues I made yesterday.

I have had a look around and cannot find anything that really floats
my boat except Tiramisu. Not sure how that would taste with a
substitute liquer.

Suugestions?

JB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:48:24 +0800, JBurns wrote:

> I have a packet of sponge fingers that i would like to use up and also
> some liquer gifts from Christmas that I will not drink, a bottle of
> Baileys (the Jaffa flavoured one) and a bottle of Chambord dark
> raspberry liquer.
>
> I have all the usual suspects in store - eggs, milk, thickened cream,
> runny cream that can be whipped stiff, mascarpone, brown and white
> sugar, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ice cream, frozen berries and
> some meringues I made yesterday.
>
> I have had a look around and cannot find anything that really floats my
> boat except Tiramisu. Not sure how that would taste with a substitute
> liquer.

Nigella Lawson has a recipe for Baileys tiramisu. I haven't tried it,
but the flavors sound like they would work together. You can make a
Bailey's cheesecake and line the sides of the pan with ladyfingers.

I would top ladyfingers with ice cream and top with some Chambord.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 08:59:27 -0600, Tara >
wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:48:24 +0800, JBurns wrote:
>
>> I have a packet of sponge fingers that i would like to use up and also
>> some liquer gifts from Christmas that I will not drink, a bottle of
>> Baileys (the Jaffa flavoured one) and a bottle of Chambord dark
>> raspberry liquer.
>>
>> I have all the usual suspects in store - eggs, milk, thickened cream,
>> runny cream that can be whipped stiff, mascarpone, brown and white
>> sugar, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ice cream, frozen berries and
>> some meringues I made yesterday.
>>
>> I have had a look around and cannot find anything that really floats my
>> boat except Tiramisu. Not sure how that would taste with a substitute
>> liquer.
>>

>Nigella Lawson has a recipe for Baileys tiramisu. I haven't tried it,
>but the flavors sound like they would work together. You can make a
>Bailey's cheesecake and line the sides of the pan with ladyfingers.
>
>I would top ladyfingers with ice cream and top with some Chambord.
>
>Tara

Sprinkle Chambord on the ladyfingers, so it soaks in! Then ice
cream/whipped cream. YUM!! I used tio do this with pound cake slices.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/18/2014 10:08 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 08:59:27 -0600, Tara >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:48:24 +0800, JBurns wrote:
>>
>>> I have a packet of sponge fingers that i would like to use up and also
>>> some liquer gifts from Christmas that I will not drink, a bottle of
>>> Baileys (the Jaffa flavoured one) and a bottle of Chambord dark
>>> raspberry liquer.
>>>
>>> I have all the usual suspects in store - eggs, milk, thickened cream,
>>> runny cream that can be whipped stiff, mascarpone, brown and white
>>> sugar, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ice cream, frozen berries and
>>> some meringues I made yesterday.
>>>
>>> I have had a look around and cannot find anything that really floats my
>>> boat except Tiramisu. Not sure how that would taste with a substitute
>>> liquer.
>>>

>> Nigella Lawson has a recipe for Baileys tiramisu. I haven't tried it,
>> but the flavors sound like they would work together. You can make a
>> Bailey's cheesecake and line the sides of the pan with ladyfingers.
>>
>> I would top ladyfingers with ice cream and top with some Chambord.
>>
>> Tara

> Sprinkle Chambord on the ladyfingers, so it soaks in! Then ice
> cream/whipped cream. YUM!! I used tio do this with pound cake slices.
>
> John Kuthe...

It won't use all you ingredients but it looks like you have the makings
for a British Trifle.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 1/18/2014 10:08 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 08:59:27 -0600, Tara >
>> wrote:

>>> Nigella Lawson has a recipe for Baileys tiramisu. I haven't tried it,
>>> but the flavors sound like they would work together. You can make a
>>> Bailey's cheesecake and line the sides of the pan with ladyfingers.
>>>
>>> I would top ladyfingers with ice cream and top with some Chambord.
>>>
>>> Tara

>> Sprinkle Chambord on the ladyfingers, so it soaks in! Then ice
>> cream/whipped cream. YUM!! I used tio do this with pound cake slices.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> It won't use all you ingredients but it looks like you have the makings
> for a British Trifle.

It does indeed

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/18/2014 10:07 AM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 1/18/2014 10:08 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 08:59:27 -0600, Tara >
>> wrote:

>>> Nigella Lawson has a recipe for Baileys tiramisu. I haven't tried it,
>>> but the flavors sound like they would work together. You can make a
>>> Bailey's cheesecake and line the sides of the pan with ladyfingers.
>>>
>>> I would top ladyfingers with ice cream and top with some Chambord.
>>>
>>> Tara

>> Sprinkle Chambord on the ladyfingers, so it soaks in! Then ice
>> cream/whipped cream. YUM!! I used tio do this with pound cake slices.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> It won't use all you ingredients but it looks like you have the makings
> for a British Trifle.

My thoughts, exactly.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 13:32:27 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

> On 1/18/2014 10:07 AM, James Silverton wrote:
>> On 1/18/2014 10:08 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Sprinkle Chambord on the ladyfingers, so it soaks in! Then ice
>>> cream/whipped cream. YUM!! I used tio do this with pound cake slices.
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> It won't use all you ingredients but it looks like you have the makings
>> for a British Trifle.
>>

> My thoughts, exactly.

Folks who travel the desert always have a canteen or three a water, ymmv...

SOS Dessert Ideas? ntantiques General Cooking 24 12-12-2008 05:01 PM
dessert ideas? Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 18 09-10-2008 10:07 PM
Ideas for spring dessert? Serene-O-Matic General Cooking 27 19-04-2007 08:20 PM
Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas roy Recipes 0 13-11-2004 05:20 PM
ISO: Thanksgiving dessert ideas! ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 1 13-11-2004 01:08 AM