SportKite1

Default Thanksgiving Menu?

For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

Ellen

PENMART01

>(SportKite1) writes:
>
>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.

Apple cider - local
Small turkey (Hen)
Gravy
Baked fresh yams
Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
Green veggie, don't know yet
Cranberry sauce, canned
Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
Ice cream, vanilla
Mixed nuts - in shell
Drinks, typical soft/hard

That's about it.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>(SportKite1) writes:
>
>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.

Apple cider - local
Small turkey (Hen)
Gravy
Baked fresh yams
Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
Green veggie, don't know yet
Cranberry sauce, canned
Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
Ice cream, vanilla
Mixed nuts - in shell
Drinks, typical soft/hard

That's about it.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Dave

>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
>Ellen

Fresh Turkey (14-16 lbs)
Ham (5 lbs)
Bread Stuffing
Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Niblet Corn
Roasted Asparagus
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Cheesecake

My FAVORITE holiday!

Have a happy one!

Dave

Dave

>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
>Ellen

Fresh Turkey (14-16 lbs)
Ham (5 lbs)
Bread Stuffing
Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Niblet Corn
Roasted Asparagus
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Cheesecake

My FAVORITE holiday!

Have a happy one!

Dave

Dave Smith

SportKite1 wrote:

> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

We already had ours. Our Thanksgiving is in October. We got a nice fresh
turkey and drove 400 miles to visit our son to cook Thanksgiving dinner for
him and his girlfriend, and ended up having her aunt and uncle, two young
cousins, her sister and sister's boyfriend over too.

The turkey was stuffed (of course), nice dark gravy, fresh cranberry sauce
(never the canned crap), green and yellow beans, carrots, butternut squash,
salad, bread and cheese, and apple pie. It was a challenge cooking in a small
kitchen in a student apartment with limit pots and pans, and we had to
scramble for enough plates and cutlery, but everything worked out great.

Dave Smith

SportKite1 wrote:

> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

We already had ours. Our Thanksgiving is in October. We got a nice fresh
turkey and drove 400 miles to visit our son to cook Thanksgiving dinner for
him and his girlfriend, and ended up having her aunt and uncle, two young
cousins, her sister and sister's boyfriend over too.

The turkey was stuffed (of course), nice dark gravy, fresh cranberry sauce
(never the canned crap), green and yellow beans, carrots, butternut squash,
salad, bread and cheese, and apple pie. It was a challenge cooking in a small
kitchen in a student apartment with limit pots and pans, and we had to
scramble for enough plates and cutlery, but everything worked out great.

Kswck

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
> Ellen

Fresh ham. For the rest-depends on her mood.

Kswck

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
> Ellen

Fresh ham. For the rest-depends on her mood.

PENMART01

>(SportKite1) writes:
>
>>penmart01 wrote

>>I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.
>>
>>Apple cider - local
>>Small turkey (Hen)
>>Gravy
>>Baked fresh yams
>>Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
>>Green veggie, don't know yet
>>Cranberry sauce, canned
>>Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
>>Ice cream, vanilla
>>Mixed nuts - in shell
>>Drinks, typical soft/hard
>>
>>That's about it.

>About it? That sounds delish, Shel.

Well, it's not really cooking, most everything is store bought, already fully
prepared. I prepare the kasha the day before (kasha takes no more than an
hour, including clean up), reheat it the next day as soon as the turkey comes
out of the oven. So essentially all I do is clean, season, and put the
turkey into the oven, put in the well scrubbed yams when the turkey is about
half way cooked, and finish the gravy while the kasha reheats (I begin that
first thing that morning with the turkey giblets, neck aromatics and seasoning
- essentially a rich broth, to which the meat gets diced and added back later,
after using the broth to deglaze the turkey pan).... by the time I carve the
turkey and put it back on the frame, and arrange some parsley and orange slices
around it the kasha and yams are ready... let's toast and eat! Minimalized T
day cooking... really no reason to work very hard. Years ago when I'd have 20
or so guests I'd be busting my hump for days before and from early morning the
day of, never really did get to enjoy... but now I'll be having my cats and
just three humans, and after so many years I have it down to a science, so easy
I can do it in my sleep. I know exactly what cooking and serving pieces I'll be
using, what to prepare in advance, and where everything fits in the fridge...
anyone arrives won't even think I'm cooking, kitchen sink and stove are
sparkling, they'll think they found the wrong house, only evidence is the aroma
and the olive bottle for my manditory cooking mar2nis, no messy kitchen
whatsoever. I hate having to eat dinner at someone's house when their kitchen
looks like a bombed out land fill.... means they're slobs and their food is
filthy.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>(SportKite1) writes:
>
>>penmart01 wrote

>>I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.
>>
>>Apple cider - local
>>Small turkey (Hen)
>>Gravy
>>Baked fresh yams
>>Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
>>Green veggie, don't know yet
>>Cranberry sauce, canned
>>Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
>>Ice cream, vanilla
>>Mixed nuts - in shell
>>Drinks, typical soft/hard
>>
>>That's about it.

>About it? That sounds delish, Shel.

Well, it's not really cooking, most everything is store bought, already fully
prepared. I prepare the kasha the day before (kasha takes no more than an
hour, including clean up), reheat it the next day as soon as the turkey comes
out of the oven. So essentially all I do is clean, season, and put the
turkey into the oven, put in the well scrubbed yams when the turkey is about
half way cooked, and finish the gravy while the kasha reheats (I begin that
first thing that morning with the turkey giblets, neck aromatics and seasoning
- essentially a rich broth, to which the meat gets diced and added back later,
after using the broth to deglaze the turkey pan).... by the time I carve the
turkey and put it back on the frame, and arrange some parsley and orange slices
around it the kasha and yams are ready... let's toast and eat! Minimalized T
day cooking... really no reason to work very hard. Years ago when I'd have 20
or so guests I'd be busting my hump for days before and from early morning the
day of, never really did get to enjoy... but now I'll be having my cats and
just three humans, and after so many years I have it down to a science, so easy
I can do it in my sleep. I know exactly what cooking and serving pieces I'll be
using, what to prepare in advance, and where everything fits in the fridge...
anyone arrives won't even think I'm cooking, kitchen sink and stove are
sparkling, they'll think they found the wrong house, only evidence is the aroma
and the olive bottle for my manditory cooking mar2nis, no messy kitchen
whatsoever. I hate having to eat dinner at someone's house when their kitchen
looks like a bombed out land fill.... means they're slobs and their food is
filthy.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>(SportKite1) writes:
>
>>penmart01 wrote

>>I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.
>>
>>Apple cider - local
>>Small turkey (Hen)
>>Gravy
>>Baked fresh yams
>>Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
>>Green veggie, don't know yet
>>Cranberry sauce, canned
>>Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
>>Ice cream, vanilla
>>Mixed nuts - in shell
>>Drinks, typical soft/hard
>>
>>That's about it.

>About it? That sounds delish, Shel.

Well, it's not really cooking, most everything is store bought, already fully
prepared. I prepare the kasha the day before (kasha takes no more than an
hour, including clean up), reheat it the next day as soon as the turkey comes
out of the oven. So essentially all I do is clean, season, and put the
turkey into the oven, put in the well scrubbed yams when the turkey is about
half way cooked, and finish the gravy while the kasha reheats (I begin that
first thing that morning with the turkey giblets, neck aromatics and seasoning
- essentially a rich broth, to which the meat gets diced and added back later,
after using the broth to deglaze the turkey pan).... by the time I carve the
turkey and put it back on the frame, and arrange some parsley and orange slices
around it the kasha and yams are ready... let's toast and eat! Minimalized T
day cooking... really no reason to work very hard. Years ago when I'd have 20
or so guests I'd be busting my hump for days before and from early morning the
day of, never really did get to enjoy... but now I'll be having my cats and
just three humans, and after so many years I have it down to a science, so easy
I can do it in my sleep. I know exactly what cooking and serving pieces I'll be
using, what to prepare in advance, and where everything fits in the fridge...
anyone arrives won't even think I'm cooking, kitchen sink and stove are
sparkling, they'll think they found the wrong house, only evidence is the aroma
and the olive bottle for my manditory cooking mar2nis, no messy kitchen
whatsoever. I hate having to eat dinner at someone's house when their kitchen
looks like a bombed out land fill.... means they're slobs and their food is
filthy.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
GoombaP

Reservations.

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
> Ellen

GoombaP

Reservations.

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
> Ellen

GoombaP

Reservations.

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
> Ellen

Mike Pearce

"SportKite1" wrote in message

> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to make this year. I was
thinking about a suckling pig, but I'll probably go for a Turkey instead.

Last year was the first time I'd prepared a Thanksgiving meal. I ended up
with about a dozen people and it went very well. What I can recall that I
made was:

Turkey
Dressing
Green beans with pinenuts
Mashed potatoes
Corn relish
Homemade cranberry sauce
Dinner rolls.
Vanilla chiffon roll (from Baking with Julia. It's excellent)
Pecan Pie
Apple Tart

I know I had more stuff and a bunch of pre-meal munchies, but I can't recall
exactly what right now.

This year I'll probably stick with the turkey and dressing, but probably
change up everything else. I'm almost certainly going to go with canned
cranberry sauce. Last year I gave into peer pressure and made homemade
cranberry sauce even though I like canned better. I'm going to be selfish
this year. I'm thinking I may make some sort of collard greens dish, maybe
some sweet potatoes, and maybe some turnip this year. Rather than dinner
rolls my Grandmother used to server plain muffins on Thanksgiving. I've
tried making those muffins a few times, but haven't been able to get them to
taste how I remember her's tasting. If I can figure out those muffins
they'll definitely be on the menu.

About a half hour ago a pulled my first vinegar pie out of the oven. I won't
try it until tomorrow, but if it passes muster I'll be having vinegar pie on
Thanksgiving. If it tastes as good as it looks it will be on the menu.

Last year I busted by butt to pull the meal together and was exhausted by
the time my guest showed up. I'm going to simplify things this year and try
to get as much done as possible in advance and spend most of my morning just
being lazy.

-Mike

Mike Pearce

"SportKite1" wrote in message

> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to make this year. I was
thinking about a suckling pig, but I'll probably go for a Turkey instead.

Last year was the first time I'd prepared a Thanksgiving meal. I ended up
with about a dozen people and it went very well. What I can recall that I
made was:

Turkey
Dressing
Green beans with pinenuts
Mashed potatoes
Corn relish
Homemade cranberry sauce
Dinner rolls.
Vanilla chiffon roll (from Baking with Julia. It's excellent)
Pecan Pie
Apple Tart

I know I had more stuff and a bunch of pre-meal munchies, but I can't recall
exactly what right now.

This year I'll probably stick with the turkey and dressing, but probably
change up everything else. I'm almost certainly going to go with canned
cranberry sauce. Last year I gave into peer pressure and made homemade
cranberry sauce even though I like canned better. I'm going to be selfish
this year. I'm thinking I may make some sort of collard greens dish, maybe
some sweet potatoes, and maybe some turnip this year. Rather than dinner
rolls my Grandmother used to server plain muffins on Thanksgiving. I've
tried making those muffins a few times, but haven't been able to get them to
taste how I remember her's tasting. If I can figure out those muffins
they'll definitely be on the menu.

About a half hour ago a pulled my first vinegar pie out of the oven. I won't
try it until tomorrow, but if it passes muster I'll be having vinegar pie on
Thanksgiving. If it tastes as good as it looks it will be on the menu.

Last year I busted by butt to pull the meal together and was exhausted by
the time my guest showed up. I'm going to simplify things this year and try
to get as much done as possible in advance and spend most of my morning just
being lazy.

-Mike

Mike Pearce

"SportKite1" wrote in message

> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to make this year. I was
thinking about a suckling pig, but I'll probably go for a Turkey instead.

Last year was the first time I'd prepared a Thanksgiving meal. I ended up
with about a dozen people and it went very well. What I can recall that I
made was:

Turkey
Dressing
Green beans with pinenuts
Mashed potatoes
Corn relish
Homemade cranberry sauce
Dinner rolls.
Vanilla chiffon roll (from Baking with Julia. It's excellent)
Pecan Pie
Apple Tart

I know I had more stuff and a bunch of pre-meal munchies, but I can't recall
exactly what right now.

This year I'll probably stick with the turkey and dressing, but probably
change up everything else. I'm almost certainly going to go with canned
cranberry sauce. Last year I gave into peer pressure and made homemade
cranberry sauce even though I like canned better. I'm going to be selfish
this year. I'm thinking I may make some sort of collard greens dish, maybe
some sweet potatoes, and maybe some turnip this year. Rather than dinner
rolls my Grandmother used to server plain muffins on Thanksgiving. I've
tried making those muffins a few times, but haven't been able to get them to
taste how I remember her's tasting. If I can figure out those muffins
they'll definitely be on the menu.

About a half hour ago a pulled my first vinegar pie out of the oven. I won't
try it until tomorrow, but if it passes muster I'll be having vinegar pie on
Thanksgiving. If it tastes as good as it looks it will be on the menu.

Last year I busted by butt to pull the meal together and was exhausted by
the time my guest showed up. I'm going to simplify things this year and try
to get as much done as possible in advance and spend most of my morning just
being lazy.

-Mike

WardNA

>what do you plan to make this year?

My little sister hasn't decided yet. All I know is I'm in charge of anything
yeasted.

WardNA

>what do you plan to make this year?

My little sister hasn't decided yet. All I know is I'm in charge of anything
yeasted.
PENMART01

>(WardNA)
>
>>what do you plan to make this year?

>My little sister hasn't decided yet. All I know is I'm in charge of anything
>yeasted.

Uh oh! hehehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>(WardNA)
>
>>what do you plan to make this year?

>My little sister hasn't decided yet. All I know is I'm in charge of anything
>yeasted.

Uh oh! hehehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>(WardNA)
>
>>what do you plan to make this year?

>My little sister hasn't decided yet. All I know is I'm in charge of anything
>yeasted.

Uh oh! hehehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Dawn

SportKite1 wrote:
> For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

We decided on turkey this year, and will get a ham for Christmas. My
husband will brine and roast the bird as usual.

I think I will do the cranberry fruit relish and the pumpkin pecan torta
that we both like. Beyond that we haven't made many plans, this being
the first year we have no family in town due to deaths and divorces. I'm
not much in the mood for celebrating.

Dawn

--------------
PUMPKIN PECAN TORTA
Recipe Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse

6 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 eggs, separated
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup ground pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9- inch spring form pan.
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves. In another
bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add in 3 tablespoons sugar; beat
until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with the
remaining sugar until pale, about 1 minute. Add pumpkin and vanilla and
beat until well blended. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in egg whites and
pecans. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes, let cool
10 minutes, and remove from pan. Serve each slice with whipped cream,
mint, candied pecans, or powdered sugar.

----------------

Holiday Cranberry Salad

Ingredients:

1 small (3oz) box red gelatin (cherry, strawberry, etc.)
1 apple, diced fine
1 orange, peeled and chopped
1 small (6-8oz) can pineapple tidbits
1 bag (12oz) fresh cranberries, FROZEN SOLID
1 cup fine chopped walnuts
OPTION: 1 cup diced celery

Pick out brown and soft cranberries and discard. In a
food processor or blender chop remaining fruit by the handful until you
have about 1.5 cups of finely shredded cranberry. Pick out whole
cranberries and re-process.

Combine chopped fruit and nuts in a bowl or gelatin mould. Mix gelatin
according to directions for fruited or moulded jello. Pour gelatin over
fruit until it fills the mould. Stir to evenly distribute ingredients
and chill until set.

Richard Periut

PENMART01 wrote:

>>(SportKite1) writes:
>>
>>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

> I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.
>
> Apple cider - local
> Small turkey (Hen)
> Gravy
> Baked fresh yams
> Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
> Green veggie, don't know yet
> Cranberry sauce, canned
> Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
> Ice cream, vanilla
> Mixed nuts - in shell
> Drinks, typical soft/hard
>
> That's about it.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

For me and my family:

unfiltered NJ apple cider
Whole turkey breast (glazed in oven,)
Various nuts,
Persian Rice
Yuca with garlic mojito (the Cuban in me.)
Some mushroom/yam thing my sister-in-law brings over (quite good.)
Drinks (Chards, Semillon, Blanc (bottle with a year,)
Expresso (with thick head of crema,)
The Glenlivet 18 years with a good Montecristo Platinum, (or Cuban if I
can get a quality real McCoy one.)

Who said life aint good?

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ·´¯`·. , .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Let there be fish!!!

Richard Periut

PENMART01 wrote:

>>(SportKite1) writes:
>>
>>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

> I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.
>
> Apple cider - local
> Small turkey (Hen)
> Gravy
> Baked fresh yams
> Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
> Green veggie, don't know yet
> Cranberry sauce, canned
> Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
> Ice cream, vanilla
> Mixed nuts - in shell
> Drinks, typical soft/hard
>
> That's about it.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

For me and my family:

unfiltered NJ apple cider
Whole turkey breast (glazed in oven,)
Various nuts,
Persian Rice
Yuca with garlic mojito (the Cuban in me.)
Some mushroom/yam thing my sister-in-law brings over (quite good.)
Drinks (Chards, Semillon, Blanc (bottle with a year,)
Expresso (with thick head of crema,)
The Glenlivet 18 years with a good Montecristo Platinum, (or Cuban if I
can get a quality real McCoy one.)

Who said life aint good?

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ·´¯`·. , .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Let there be fish!!!

Richard Periut

PENMART01 wrote:

>>(SportKite1) writes:
>>
>>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?

> I no longer do elaborate Thanksgivings.
>
> Apple cider - local
> Small turkey (Hen)
> Gravy
> Baked fresh yams
> Kasha w/'shrooms - I hate bready stuffing
> Green veggie, don't know yet
> Cranberry sauce, canned
> Pie, apple, pumpkin - from local bakery
> Ice cream, vanilla
> Mixed nuts - in shell
> Drinks, typical soft/hard
>
> That's about it.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

For me and my family:

unfiltered NJ apple cider
Whole turkey breast (glazed in oven,)
Various nuts,
Persian Rice
Yuca with garlic mojito (the Cuban in me.)
Some mushroom/yam thing my sister-in-law brings over (quite good.)
Drinks (Chards, Semillon, Blanc (bottle with a year,)
Expresso (with thick head of crema,)
The Glenlivet 18 years with a good Montecristo Platinum, (or Cuban if I
can get a quality real McCoy one.)

Who said life aint good?

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ·´¯`·. , .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Let there be fish!!!

Grismalkin

>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
>Ellen

For two people I won't go all out. There will be a turkey or turkey breast
either smoked, rotisseried or baked. No matter the method, there will be
dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy. I like the stuffing the best myself, but
can't do that with the first two methods. The turkey will be brined first no
matter what. Maybe even injected after, don't want no turkey flu.

As for the sides, it depends on what's good when I shop right before. Pumpkin
pies are a given, and I use the recipe on the can of pumpkin. I liked baking
sweet taters whole with just butter and salt and pepper.
Maybe just a nice salad and that will be it.

Grismalkin

>For those who celebrate Thanksgiving - what do you plan to make this year?
>
>Ellen

For two people I won't go all out. There will be a turkey or turkey breast
either smoked, rotisseried or baked. No matter the method, there will be
dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy. I like the stuffing the best myself, but
can't do that with the first two methods. The turkey will be brined first no
matter what. Maybe even injected after, don't want no turkey flu.

As for the sides, it depends on what's good when I shop right before. Pumpkin
pies are a given, and I use the recipe on the can of pumpkin. I liked baking
sweet taters whole with just butter and salt and pepper.
Maybe just a nice salad and that will be it.

Mike Pearce

"Richard Periut" wrote in message

> For me and my family:

<snip>

> Yuca with garlic mojito (the Cuban in me.)

I'm trying to think of something Cuban to sneak into my meal. It won't be
yuca con mojito, I could never stomach that stuff. If I were only thinking
of myself I'd forget about the turkey all together and have arroz con pollo.
I may make a side of garbanzos with chorizo.

I have a question for you. When I was growing up my Grandmother made jelly
roll fairly regularly. She was originally from Ireland, but moved to Cuba
when she was in her twenties. She pretty much learned to cook in Cuba. I'd
always assumed that her jelly roll was one of the few things she made that
went back to Ireland. Recently I was doing some reading about Cuban food and
read that jelly roll is common in Cuba. So, how about you? Do you think of
jelly roll as a Cuban dessert?

Thanks,
-Mike

Mike Pearce

"Richard Periut" wrote in message

> For me and my family:

<snip>

> Yuca with garlic mojito (the Cuban in me.)

I'm trying to think of something Cuban to sneak into my meal. It won't be
yuca con mojito, I could never stomach that stuff. If I were only thinking
of myself I'd forget about the turkey all together and have arroz con pollo.
I may make a side of garbanzos with chorizo.

I have a question for you. When I was growing up my Grandmother made jelly
roll fairly regularly. She was originally from Ireland, but moved to Cuba
when she was in her twenties. She pretty much learned to cook in Cuba. I'd
always assumed that her jelly roll was one of the few things she made that
went back to Ireland. Recently I was doing some reading about Cuban food and
read that jelly roll is common in Cuba. So, how about you? Do you think of
jelly roll as a Cuban dessert?

Thanks,
-Mike

Mike Pearce