Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who Was It That Recently Asked About A Hot Water Heater -- I'mIn Hot Water!

On 3/14/2013 3:24 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" > wrote
>> On 3/14/2013 2:22 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> Not sure if what he has is the same as ours, but ours has cut costs
>>> hugely. Our serves the whole house (4 floors) with hot water.

>> I think yours is like mine - central heating and hot water - a combi
>> boiler?

> Yes it is. Is that not usual in US?

Not where I am (NY metro area), although my in-laws on Long Island had
an oil-fired system which did both central heating and hot water.
Everyone else I know in the area has separate units. The hot water is
typically provided by a large cylinder in the basement or integral
garage, heated by either gas or electricity (ours is gas). I much prefer
the system we have in Scotland, even with the inconvenience of oil
deliveries (no gas mains within a hundred miles of our house).