Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick Bread Exchange Recipe?

For my huge Christmas baking last year I made 40 (or more) mini-loaves
of four different quick breads (without any yeast) Carrot cakes. The
keepers are Spiced Pumpkin, Lemon Pucker, and Cranberry Apricot
breads, and the Carrot Cakes.

I want to replace both the Banana and the Pineapple breads because the
Banana is troublesome in that they don't want to set well in the
center before the sides/ends dry too much, and the Pineapple breads
are a waste of time because they're simply tasteless.

Thanks in advancefor suggestions for complete replacements or for
ingredient/baking method changes for the banana and the pineapple (so
that the pineapple flavor intensifies and the bread is more moist).
....PickyPonders
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 2:07*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:

In addition, completely different breads to make instead of the banana
and the pineapple ones are very welcome suggestions.
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:01:03 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2:07*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> >

> In addition, completely different breads to make instead of the banana
> and the pineapple ones are very welcome suggestions.
> ...Picky

Can't help you with banana bread - it's my nemesis, but I have lots of
quick bread recipes - unfortunately I haven't made any of them. Some
are dead easy, but untried - like these.

Applesauce-Raisin Bread

1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 325°.

Mix all ingredients and stir each time you add an ingredient. Then
pour into a greased pan (best if it's an 8x4 inch pan).

Cook about 1 hour or until done.

Apple Bread
http://www.griswoldia.com/grrecipes.html

3 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
2 c. grated unpeeled apples
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 c. raisins

Mix ingredients together.

Makes 2 - 9x13 loaf pans.

Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.

This is moist and freezes well.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:01:03 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
>
> > wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 2:07*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:

> > In addition, completely different breads to make instead of the banana
> > and the pineapple ones are very welcome suggestions.
> > ...Picky

> Can't help you with banana bread - it's my nemesis, but I have lots of
> quick bread recipes - unfortunately I haven't made any of them. *Some
> are dead easy, but untried - like these.
>
> Applesauce-Raisin Bread
>
> 1 cup applesauce
> 1/2 cup oil
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 3/4 cup flour
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon cinnamon
> 1/2 teaspoon cloves
> 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
> 1 egg slightly beaten
> 1 cup raisins
>
> Preheat oven to 325°.
>
> Mix all ingredients and stir each time you add an ingredient. *Then
> pour into a greased pan (best if it's an 8x4 inch pan).
>
> Cook about 1 hour or until done.
>
> Apple Breadhttp://www.griswoldia.com/grrecipes.html
>
> 3 eggs
> 1 c. *vegetable oil
> 2 c. *grated unpeeled apples
> 3 c. *flour
> 1 tsp. *salt
> 1 tsp. *baking soda
> 2 tsp. *cinnamon
> 1/4 tsp. *baking powder
> 1 c. *raisins
>
> Mix ingredients together.
>
> Makes 2 - 9x13 loaf pans.
>
> Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
>
> This is moist and freezes well.
>
> --
>
> Tell congress not to censor the web. *Add your voice here.https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

I'm curious as to why you would post untested recipes? How would you
know it freezes well?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 4:04*pm, merryb > wrote:
> On Jan 31, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:01:03 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse

> > > wrote:
> > > On Jan 31, 2:07*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:

> > > In addition, completely different breads to make instead of the banana
> > > and the pineapple ones are very welcome suggestions.
> > > ...Picky

> > Can't help you with banana bread - it's my nemesis, but I have lots of
> > quick bread recipes - unfortunately I haven't made any of them. *Some
> > are dead easy, but untried - like these.

> > Applesauce-Raisin Bread

> > 1 cup applesauce
> > 1/2 cup oil
> > 1 cup sugar
> > 1 3/4 cup flour
> > 1 teaspoon baking soda
> > 1/2 teaspoon salt
> > 1 teaspoon cinnamon
> > 1/2 teaspoon cloves
> > 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
> > 1 egg slightly beaten
> > 1 cup raisins

> > Preheat oven to 325°.

> > Mix all ingredients and stir each time you add an ingredient. *Then
> > pour into a greased pan (best if it's an 8x4 inch pan).

> > Cook about 1 hour or until done.

> > Apple Breadhttp://www.griswoldia.com/grrecipes.html

> > 3 eggs
> > 1 c. *vegetable oil
> > 2 c. *grated unpeeled apples
> > 3 c. *flour
> > 1 tsp. *salt
> > 1 tsp. *baking soda
> > 2 tsp. *cinnamon
> > 1/4 tsp. *baking powder
> > 1 c. *raisins

> > Mix ingredients together.

> > Makes 2 - 9x13 loaf pans.

> > Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.

> > This is moist and freezes well.

> > --

> > Tell congress not to censor the web. *Add your voice here.https://www..google.com/landing/takeaction/

> I'm curious as to why you would post untested recipes? How would you
> know it freezes well?

Perhaps the original recipe says it freezes well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:01:03 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
>
> Can't help you with banana bread - it's my nemesis, but I have lots of
> quick bread recipes - unfortunately I haven't made any of them. *Some
> are dead easy, but untried - like these....

The apple one is different from my pasts and usuals. I've printed to
try it out twice, with both a sweet apple and a Granny Smith. Thanks!
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:
> Apple Bread http://www.griswoldia.com/grrecipes.html
> This is moist and freezes well.

Wait, wait, wait! This reminds me of the Hizzoners' one I have made
and loved. You may have guided me to answer, thanks again!
....Picks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 5:06*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> Wait, wait, wait! * This reminds me of the Hizzoners' one I have made
> and loved. *You may have guided me to answer, thanks again!

This one:
Fresh Apple Cake
Here is an old recipe that never goes out of style. This is a moist,
dense cake that is wonderful served by itself or topped with a glaze
or even drenched in rich vanilla ice cream. It is a big kid pleaser
simply because of it's wonderful apple and spice flavors.

Make this cake for your family. It's wonderful for breakfast or with
a cup of coffee for a coffee break or dessert after diner.

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs (beaten)
2 cups plain cake flour
1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups apples - cored but not peeled and diced small
1/2 cup flour for coating the apples
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)

1. Sift together the cake four, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt and
cinnamon.

2. In your mixer beat together the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
Add the sifted ingredients and mix well.

3. Stir in the apples and pecans. (and coconut if used)

Butter and flour a bunt pan very well and pour in batter.

Bake at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes.

Dust the top with powdered sugar or glaze with powdered sugar mixed
with a little milk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Picky wrote:

>Thanks in advancefor suggestions for
> complete replacements or for
> ingredient/baking method changes for
> the banana and the pineapple (so that
> the pineapple flavor intensifies and the
> bread is more moist).

I've never had any problem baking banana bread (I have two favorite
recipes and they turn out perfect every time) but I've never made
straight pineapple bread. I've made Zucchini-Pineapple Bread, which is
good. Zucchini Bread, even without the pineapple, goes over well at our
house, and so does Date-Orange Bread, and Strawberry Jam Bread (a good
one to use at Christmas time) and I also make a Pistachio Bread, using
pistachio pudding and then has a cinnamon-sugar and nut mixture in the
middle and on top and is a pretty green color, so a good one for
Christmas, and is a light tasty bread. There is one you can make with
chocolate chips and maraschino cherries, etc., that is real good (think
it also has mashed banana in it?) and another good one is Prune Bread
(made with baby food, believe it, or not). There are really endless
possibilities.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 6:01*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Date-Orange Bread, and Strawberry Jam Bread (a good
> one to use at Christmas time) and I also make a Pistachio Bread, using
> pistachio pudding and then has a cinnamon-sugar and nut mixture in the
> middle and on top and is a pretty green color, so a good one for
> Christmas, and is a light tasty bread.

Judy, can you share these recipes, please? All three sound like
winners and the more breads I can make, the less cookies I need bother
with. I love making breads, but cookies I find more tedious to both
make and package than I wish.
....Picky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:04:16 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> I'm curious as to why you would post untested recipes? How would you
> know it freezes well?

1. I posted them so she'd know the apple option exists and what a
typical recipe might look like. I have lots of quick bread recipes
that aren't banana or pineapple, but I haven't tried them either.
2. Apples make cake moist, so they should make quick bread moist too
and therefore they should freeze well. Picky could figure that part
out all by herself.
3. I thought I was eliminating the step of going to the web to see
what I was talking about and make a decision about if she wants to try
an apple quick bread, search for a different recipe or move on to
something else, because she's a grownup and can decide for herself.

You don't sound like a very adventurous cook. You've never tried a
recipe without someone vouching for it first? People aren't exactly
falling all over each other giving her suggestions and you certainly
didn't contribute either.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 7:56*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:04:16 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > I'm curious as to why you would post untested recipes? How would you
> > know it freezes well?

> 1. *I posted them so she'd know the apple option exists and what a
> typical recipe might look like. *I have lots of quick bread recipes
> that aren't banana or pineapple, but I haven't tried them either.
> 2. *Apples make cake moist, so they should make quick bread moist too
> and therefore they should freeze well. *Picky could figure that part
> out all by herself.
> 3. *I thought I was eliminating the step of going to the web to see
> what I was talking about and make a decision about if she wants to try
> an apple quick bread, search for a different recipe or move on to
> something else, because she's a grownup and can decide for herself.
>
> You don't sound like a very adventurous cook. *You've never tried a
> recipe without someone vouching for it first? *People aren't exactly
> falling all over each other giving her suggestions and you certainly
> didn't contribute either.

In addition, sf and I have shared recipes before and I trust those
recommendations to also know my capabilities. Perhaps your question
of posting untried recipes was innocent, though have you anything to
offer yourself?
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:02:11 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:01:03 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> >
> > Can't help you with banana bread - it's my nemesis, but I have lots of
> > quick bread recipes - unfortunately I haven't made any of them. *Some
> > are dead easy, but untried - like these....

> The apple one is different from my pasts and usuals. I've printed to
> try it out twice, with both a sweet apple and a Granny Smith. Thanks!
> ...Picky

You're welcome! I have lots of other (mainly untried) recipes/ideas
that looked good enough to me to save for the future. You have my
email, just whistle.

I was just looking at my recipes and I have one called Yogurt Banana
Bread that I bet would not be dry. It calls for 1/2 plain yogurt and
1/2 a cup of butter.... you know I'd nix the butter and go for 1cup
full fat yogurt. Are you interested?

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:14:15 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 5:06*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> > Wait, wait, wait! * This reminds me of the Hizzoners' one I have made
> > and loved. *You may have guided me to answer, thanks again!

> This one:
> Fresh Apple Cake
> Here is an old recipe that never goes out of style. This is a moist,
> dense cake that is wonderful served by itself or topped with a glaze
> or even drenched in rich vanilla ice cream. It is a big kid pleaser
> simply because of it's wonderful apple and spice flavors.
>
> Make this cake for your family. It's wonderful for breakfast or with
> a cup of coffee for a coffee break or dessert after diner.
>
> 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
> 2 cups sugar
> 3 eggs (beaten)
> 2 cups plain cake flour
> 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon cinnamon
> 3 cups apples - cored but not peeled and diced small
> 1/2 cup flour for coating the apples
> 1 cup chopped pecans
> 1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
>

> 1. Sift together the cake four, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt and
> cinnamon.
>
> 2. In your mixer beat together the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
> Add the sifted ingredients and mix well.
>
> 3. Stir in the apples and pecans. (and coconut if used)
>
> Butter and flour a bunt pan very well and pour in batter.
>
> Bake at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes.
>
> Dust the top with powdered sugar or glaze with powdered sugar mixed
> with a little milk.

Thanks, but I've made enough apple cakes that call for diced or
chunked apple to know that style is not a personal favorite of mine,
which is why I liked the idea of shredding the apple or using
applesauce (which I've used in apple cake and have been pleased with
the result).

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 8:34*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:02:11 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> I was just looking at my recipes and I have one called Yogurt Banana
> Bread that I bet would not be dry. *It calls for 1/2 plain yogurt and
> 1/2 a cup of butter.... you know I'd nix the butter and go for 1cup
> full fat yogurt. *Are you interested?

Thanks, I'll pop into your mail box when I've decided, but for now I'm
thinking to get away from a banana bread entirely. I've never been a
fan and have made it just for others that may be. I'm thinking hard
about a trying out the cherry pie filling bread to replace the crushed
pineapple, with lots of red food coloring in it for "the season" and
because we do not make much else with cherries at all. I've never
heard of a cherry bread before, but I have a can or two in the pantry
to give it a try by next week.

Will post the outcome, whether really good or not so. I am now away
from my USMC "testers" and the neighbor family next door moved, so
there will be just myself and a friend to test, and she's a sweets
freak. Some of my earlier Marines were very faithful, critical
testers, and I do miss them. Those "boys" transferred out even before
I retired, but they were with me for testing prior to the 2011 gift
boxes. Thankful for their service, both to me and to our country!
....Picks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:18:39 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 8:34*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:02:11 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> > I was just looking at my recipes and I have one called Yogurt Banana
> > Bread that I bet would not be dry. *It calls for 1/2 plain yogurt and
> > 1/2 a cup of butter.... you know I'd nix the butter and go for 1cup
> > full fat yogurt. *Are you interested?

> Thanks, I'll pop into your mail box when I've decided, but for now I'm
> thinking to get away from a banana bread entirely. I've never been a
> fan and have made it just for others that may be. I'm thinking hard
> about a trying out the cherry pie filling bread to replace the crushed
> pineapple, with lots of red food coloring in it for "the season" and
> because we do not make much else with cherries at all. I've never
> heard of a cherry bread before, but I have a can or two in the pantry
> to give it a try by next week.
>
> Will post the outcome, whether really good or not so.

No problem. Have you considered soaking those cherries in some booze,
like brandy, before you use them? Did you remember you have a recipe
called Cranberry Apricot Rum Bread?

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 9:47*pm, sf > wrote:
> No problem. *Have you considered soaking those cherries in some booze,
> like brandy, before you use them?
> Did you remember you have a recipe called Cranberry
> Apricot Rum Bread?

Not to consider an alcohol soak because I'll use pie filling, but I do
have a very strong Rum Flavor oil I could use, and may, with your
suggestion. I don't use that oil in the Cranberry Apricot, and not
even the real rum because too many children are to receive so my
daughter nixed alcohol. She can't forbid the oil, though, I'll try
it. The recipe I've altered and will use suggests adding the pie
filling after pans are filled, then swirling it in. I think I'll do
that instead of adding the red coloring or paste. Could come out even
prettier than all red, and instead of a frosting I'll only use a thin
enough topping glaze so as to better see the swirls.
....Picks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick Bread Exchange Recipe? (Recipes For Picky)

I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I do. I like to make
breads, but I'm a "cookie monster" too and could bake cookies all day
long. I think I missed my true calling in life and should have opened a
cookie shop about 30 years ago! )

Date Nut Orange Bread

1 orange
1 cup chopped dates
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Squeeze orange into a cup and fill with boiling water to make 1 cup
liquid. Put dates in bowl, add baking soda and cover with liquid. Let
stand about 20 minutes. Add sugar, butter, vanilla and egg and mix well.
Add flour, salt and baking powder and beat well. Stir in nuts. Pour into
well greased and floured 9 x 5" loaf pan. Bake at 350 for about 50
minutes, or till tests done. Remove from pan immediately and cool
completely before wrapping up.
NOTE: I used the whole pitted dates and cut them up myself, as are much
softer than the already commercially chopped ones. Also next time I will
add some of the grated rind from the orange to give it more of a orange
flavor.

Strawberry Jam Bread

1 cup butter
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. lemon extract
4 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt (I cut in half)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup strawberry jam
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1/2 tsp. red food color

Cream together the butter, sugar and flavoring. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each. Combine and add dry ingredients alternately
with jam and sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in food
coloring. Bake in two well greased and floured 9 x 5" loaf pans. Bake at
350 for about 55 minutes, or until done. Cool 15 minutes and remove from
pans.
NOTE: If I'm going to be giving them away at Christmas time, I bake them
in the smaller foil pans, rather than the bigger bread pans.

Pistachio Sour Cream Bread

1 pkg. Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix
1 small pkg. pistachio instant pudding
1 cup dairy sour cream
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp. brown sugar, packed
2-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

In a mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs, oil
and water. Beat well until smooth. In a bowl, toss together brown sugar,
cinnamon and nuts. Divide batter between two well greased/floured 9 x 5"
loaf pans, alternating layers of batter and sugar-cinnamon mixture,
ending with sugar mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until it
tests done.

I also have a good recipe for Yogurt Bread, which I use raspberry
flavored yogurt in, and also a very good Apricot Bread, using dried
apricots cut up.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 11:19*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I do...recipes printed & snipped

Judy, what a nice surprise to wake up to this morning, thank you so
for taking the time to post these. The three of them are definately
keepers.
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 7:56*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:04:16 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > I'm curious as to why you would post untested recipes? How would you
> > know it freezes well?

> 1. *I posted them so she'd know the apple option exists and what a
> typical recipe might look like. *I have lots of quick bread recipes
> that aren't banana or pineapple, but I haven't tried them either.
> 2. *Apples make cake moist, so they should make quick bread moist too
> and therefore they should freeze well. *Picky could figure that part
> out all by herself.
> 3. *I thought I was eliminating the step of going to the web to see
> what I was talking about and make a decision about if she wants to try
> an apple quick bread, search for a different recipe or move on to
> something else, because she's a grownup and can decide for herself.
>
> You don't sound like a very adventurous cook. *You've never tried a
> recipe without someone vouching for it first? *People aren't exactly
> falling all over each other giving her suggestions and you certainly
> didn't contribute either.
>
> --
>
> Tell congress not to censor the web. *Add your voice here.https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

You are kidding, right? Didn't you bitch to me recently about posting
untested recipes? I know you did, but you post so much and contradict
yourself that I'm sure you don't recall.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:17:59 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> You are kidding, right? Didn't you bitch to me recently about posting
> untested recipes? I know you did, but you post so much and contradict
> yourself that I'm sure you don't recall.

If you think I did that, prove it.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:17:59 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > You are kidding, right? Didn't you bitch to me recently about posting
> > untested recipes? I know you did, but you post so much and contradict
> > yourself *that I'm sure you don't recall.

> If you think I did that, prove it.
>
> --
>
> Tell congress not to censor the web. *Add your voice here.https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

I have better things to do!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:33:13 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> On Feb 1, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:17:59 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > You are kidding, right? Didn't you bitch to me recently about posting
> > > untested recipes? I know you did, but you post so much and contradict
> > > yourself *that I'm sure you don't recall.

> > If you think I did that, prove it.
> >

> I have better things to do!

Then you shouldn't have brought it up. Don't go around slinging lies
about me. I may have defended untested recipes, because I am fine
with reading and rejecting - but I don't care if they are tested or
not. I'm not a slave to the written recipe. I can read them and know
if I can make it as is or if I need to fiddle a little with it a
little... or reject it entirely. Not my taste doesn't mean nobody
else will like it based on the recipes that are continually
regurgitated and praised here over the years.

I don't know what I've done to get on your ****y side, but you need to
kill file me.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 5:53*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:33:13 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 1, 3:42*pm, sf > wrote:

> > > If you think I did that, prove it.

> > I have better things to do!

> Then you shouldn't have brought it up. *Don't go around slinging lies
> about me. *I may have defended untested recipes, because I am fine
> with reading and rejecting - but I don't care if they are tested or
> not. *I'm not a slave to the written recipe. *I can read them and know
> if I can make it as is or if I need to fiddle a little with it a
> little... or reject it entirely. *Not my taste doesn't mean nobody
> else will like it based on the recipes that are continually
> regurgitated and praised here over the years.
>
> I don't know what I've done to get on your ****y side, but you need to
> kill file me.
>
> --
>
> Tell congress not to censor the web. *Add your voice here.https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

You are over reacting to this, and I don't have the time or desire to
argue with you. You did state that this was an untested recipe, and
I'm still unsure why you posted it. If I am going to take the time to
post a recipe, I use one that I have tried at least a few times and
have been satisfied with the results.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:00:06 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> You are over reacting to this, and I don't have the time or desire to
> argue with you. You did state that this was an untested recipe, and
> I'm still unsure why you posted it. If I am going to take the time to
> post a recipe, I use one that I have tried at least a few times and
> have been satisfied with the results.

You do that. In the mean time, if I have a recipe that fits the bill
but I haven't made it - I'll post it anyway and you're free to ignore
it.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 9:27*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:00:06 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > You are over reacting to this, and I don't have the time or desire to
> > argue with you. You did state that this was an untested recipe, and
> > I'm still unsure why you posted it. If I am going to take the time to
> > post a recipe, I use one that I have tried at least a few times and
> > have been satisfied with the results.

> You do that. *In the mean time, if I have a recipe that fits the bill
> but I haven't made it - I'll post it anyway and you're free to ignore
> it.
>
> --
>
> Tell congress not to censor the web. *Add your voice here.https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Will do!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

I have "Country Inns and Bed & Breakfasts Cookbook" with many quickbread
recipes ~10 banana bread recipes. One has a note that says if your
bananas are not ripe enough the bread will be dry?

There is one recipe that calls for thin slices of bananas added rather
than mashed bananas stirred in-sounds interesting.

At work at the holidays they sell slices of a pineapple nutbread that is
divine-wish I had the recipe.

This from a Massachusetts inn:

Marmalade Nut Bread

Dry:

2.5 cup flour

1 tsp salt

1/3 cup sugar

3.5 tsp baking powder

Stir dry ingredients together.
Mix in 1 cup chopped nuts.

Wet:

1 egg

1 cup orange marmelade

1 cup orange juice

3 Tbsp oil

Beat the egg and slightly stir in the marmelade, juice, and oil.

Add the dry mix to the wet mix, stirring only till dry ingredients are
moistened.

2 loaf pans.

Bake in 350 degree oven 1 hour.

Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and remove from pans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

I suspect this pineapple bread has flavor :-) I know I would also want
chopped nuts added. Recipe is from an inn in Pennsylvania.

Pina Colada Bread

Dry:

2.25 cups flour

1 Tbsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 cup coconut (medium flake)

Mix dry ingredients.

Wet:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 cup rum (dark preferred)

1/2 cup cream of coconut

3 cups crushed pineapple

Cream butter and sugar, add in the rest of the wet ingredients.

Add dry mix to wet mix.

1 well-greased loaf pan.

350 degree oven for 1 hour or til it tests done.