Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Quick Bread Exchange Recipe?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:14:15 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 5:06*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> > Wait, wait, wait! * This reminds me of the Hizzoners' one I have made
> > and loved. *You may have guided me to answer, thanks again!

> This one:
> Fresh Apple Cake
> Here is an old recipe that never goes out of style. This is a moist,
> dense cake that is wonderful served by itself or topped with a glaze
> or even drenched in rich vanilla ice cream. It is a big kid pleaser
> simply because of it's wonderful apple and spice flavors.
>
> Make this cake for your family. It's wonderful for breakfast or with
> a cup of coffee for a coffee break or dessert after diner.
>
> 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
> 2 cups sugar
> 3 eggs (beaten)
> 2 cups plain cake flour
> 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon cinnamon
> 3 cups apples - cored but not peeled and diced small
> 1/2 cup flour for coating the apples
> 1 cup chopped pecans
> 1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
>

> 1. Sift together the cake four, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt and
> cinnamon.
>
> 2. In your mixer beat together the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
> Add the sifted ingredients and mix well.
>
> 3. Stir in the apples and pecans. (and coconut if used)
>
> Butter and flour a bunt pan very well and pour in batter.
>
> Bake at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes.
>
> Dust the top with powdered sugar or glaze with powdered sugar mixed
> with a little milk.

Thanks, but I've made enough apple cakes that call for diced or
chunked apple to know that style is not a personal favorite of mine,
which is why I liked the idea of shredding the apple or using
applesauce (which I've used in apple cake and have been pleased with
the result).

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/