Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Quick Bread Exchange Recipe?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:01:03 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2:07*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> >

> In addition, completely different breads to make instead of the banana
> and the pineapple ones are very welcome suggestions.
> ...Picky

Can't help you with banana bread - it's my nemesis, but I have lots of
quick bread recipes - unfortunately I haven't made any of them. Some
are dead easy, but untried - like these.

Applesauce-Raisin Bread

1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 325°.

Mix all ingredients and stir each time you add an ingredient. Then
pour into a greased pan (best if it's an 8x4 inch pan).

Cook about 1 hour or until done.

Apple Bread
http://www.griswoldia.com/grrecipes.html

3 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
2 c. grated unpeeled apples
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 c. raisins

Mix ingredients together.

Makes 2 - 9x13 loaf pans.

Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.

This is moist and freezes well.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/