Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chopsticks

On 20 Jan 2012 07:04:38 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> Do you use them?

I use them, yes - but not very often.

> For what?

I use them to eat with and I only use them when in that kind of
restaurant. I do have some at home for family members who want to use
them. When I'm eating at home, give me a fork and damn the ethnicity
of the meal.

> Are you proficient with them?

I'd say so, not an expert by any means - I can't twirl noodles with
them, but I haven't seen many who can.

> How often?

As little as humanly possible. Two sticks are not my idea of eating
utensils.

> For non-Asian foods?

H*ll no.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/20/2012 2:32 AM, sf wrote:
> On 20 Jan 2012 07:04:38 GMT, > wrote:
>
>> Do you use them?

> I use them, yes - but not very often.
>
>> For what?

> I use them to eat with and I only use them when in that kind of
> restaurant. I do have some at home for family members who want to use
> them. When I'm eating at home, give me a fork and damn the ethnicity
> of the meal.
>
>> Are you proficient with them?

> I'd say so, not an expert by any means - I can't twirl noodles with
> them, but I haven't seen many who can.
>
>> How often?

> As little as humanly possible. Two sticks are not my idea of eating
> utensils.
>
>> For non-Asian foods?

> H*ll no.

I use them for Chinese and Japanese food but I've never learned how to
cut with them, unlike the mothers of some friends of my daughter. I've
also used them for Spaghetti (as I suspect Marco Polo did!) Unlike some
people in Thai restaurants, I normally use a spoon and fork as do the Thais.

--
Jim Silverton

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.