Old 01-08-2011, 01:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftover Campbell's Tomato soup

Shoot me. Or ignore the dinner invitationčoh, wait, there isn't one.
:-0)

I had about 1/3 can of tomato soup (condensed) left from my sloppy joes
and mixed it with equal amount of water, then added some instant beef
base and more water and brought it to boil, then stirred in about 1/2
tablespoon of pesto. Pretty tasty.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller July 27, 2011. Read it and weep.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:39:15 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, Sqwertz
wrote,
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:51:53 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Shoot me. Or ignore the dinner invitationčoh, wait, there isn't one.
:-0)

I had about 1/3 can of tomato soup (condensed) left from my sloppy joes
and mixed it with equal amount of water, then added some instant beef
base and more water and brought it to boil, then stirred in about 1/2
tablespoon of pesto. Pretty tasty.

But there's nothing to chew. Throw in some potatoes, IMO. Unless you
can chew it it's just a beverage.

I think the same thing whenever I see one of those chefs on TV throw
their soup in a blender.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2011 7:51 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
Shoot me. Or ignore the dinner invitationčoh, wait, there isn't one.
:-0)

I had about 1/3 can of tomato soup (condensed) left from my sloppy joes
and mixed it with equal amount of water, then added some instant beef
base and more water and brought it to boil, then stirred in about 1/2
tablespoon of pesto. Pretty tasty.

Peasant! With all that I would have done the same. Shucks, we were
buying hurricane season supplies at Big Lots the other day and we bought
four quart boxes of tomato herb soup from some outfit I never heard of
before. Since we cook with gas we can still cook, with the windows open
of course, even if the power goes off.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

If you have natural or LP gas, then you can still cook *anything*.
That's no reason to buy soup IMO :-)

-sw

Then it's a good thing I didn't think to ask your permission, eh?
Ppfftthhhhggbtt!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 16:16:08 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

If you have natural or LP gas, then you can still cook *anything*.
That's no reason to buy soup IMO :-)

Then it's a good thing I didn't think to ask your permission, eh?
Ppfftthhhhggbtt!

Can I wave my puppy dog's tail here?

-sw

Hey, it's Usenet. You can do anything you jolly well please. :-)

Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

If you have natural or LP gas, then you can still cook *anything*.
That's no reason to buy soup IMO :-)

Then it's a good thing I didn't think to ask your permission, eh?
Ppfftthhhhggbtt!

Can I wave my puppy dog's tail here?

Don't do that! Pete C. will think it is filthy!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Shirley" wrote Peasant! With all that I would have done the
same. Shucks, we were
buying hurricane season supplies at Big Lots the other day and we bought
four quart boxes of tomato herb soup from some outfit I never heard of
before. Since we cook with gas we can still cook, with the windows open of
course, even if the power goes off.

At risk of boring lots of folks here (which is fair because the silly
quarrels bore me) I would be very interested in your hurricane supplies
list. One of our favorite and unusual ones is a supply of Johnson & Johnson
baby powder and a box of corn starch. The mix is soothing to heat rashes
and helps a little if a real bath is impossible.
Another ridiculous preparation is we freeze water in our muffin tins and
sack the 'cubes'. They hold better than ice cubes. I reckon we need to get
started on that. I see Hurricane Emily is being announced. At 40 mph she's
just a sissy but it may be good practice. Our power goes out if the
hummingbirds get raucous. Polly

Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" wrote in message

[...]

Cornstarch is not recommended for heat rash because if there is a fungal
infection it can make it thrive.

I don't keep an actual kit any more. I did when we lived in NY because it
was strongly recommended on the military base. I kept everything in
suitcases near the front door.

Now I just keep extra canned goods, flashlights, batteries, a battery
operated radio and an extra pair of medical hose. I don't have extra
prescription meds. I know I should but my insurance won't pay for it and I
don't have enough money to pay out of pocket. It would be thousands of
dollars to get one month's worth.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" ha scritto nel messaggio
Another ridiculous preparation is we freeze water in our muffin tins
and sack the 'cubes'. They hold better than ice cubes.

That's a superhint! The ice cubes here are so small they melt in moments.
I start way ahead making extras and it is a pain. If I make bigger ones
like muffins, the Prosecco will stay cold longer! Thank you. (You can't
use loaf pan ice nor blue packs for a wine bucket.)

Old 02-08-2011, 05:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:41:41 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Sqwertz wrote:

If you have natural or LP gas, then you can still cook *anything*.
That's no reason to buy soup IMO :-)

Then it's a good thing I didn't think to ask your permission, eh?
Ppfftthhhhggbtt!

Can I wave my puppy dog's tail here?

-sw

Hey, it's Usenet. You can do anything you jolly well please. :-)

christ, please don't tell sheldon. god alone knows what he might start
waving.

your pal,
blake

Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

If you have natural or LP gas, then you can still cook *anything*.
That's no reason to buy soup IMO :-)

Then it's a good thing I didn't think to ask your permission, eh?
Ppfftthhhhggbtt!

Can I wave my puppy dog's tail here?

Don't do that! Pete C. will think it is filthy!

snort

maybe if we all do it he will become disgusted enough to leave the
premises.

your pal,
blake
Old 04-08-2011, 01:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 1, 8:31*am, George Shirley wrote:
On 7/31/2011 7:51 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Shoot me. *Or ignore the dinner invitationčoh, wait, there isn't one.
:-0)

I had about 1/3 can of tomato soup (condensed) left from my sloppy joes
and mixed it with equal amount of water, then added some instant beef
base and more water and brought it to boil, then stirred in about 1/2
tablespoon of pesto. *Pretty tasty.

Peasant! With all that I would have done the same. Shucks, we were
buying hurricane season supplies at Big Lots the other day and we bought
four quart boxes of tomato herb soup from some outfit I never heard of
before. Since we cook with gas we can still cook, with the windows open
of course, even if the power goes off.

Yummy. Is this Manuel Noriega?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:
"Polly Esther" ha scritto nel messaggio
Another ridiculous preparation is we freeze water in our muffin tins
and sack the 'cubes'. They hold better than ice cubes.

That's a superhint! The ice cubes here are so small they melt in moments.
I start way ahead making extras and it is a pain. If I make bigger ones
like muffins, the Prosecco will stay cold longer! Thank you. (You can't
use loaf pan ice nor blue packs for a wine bucket.)

What taking a bowl and filling it with water. Ultimately, a size that
when frozen this "rounded" block of ice will sit inside the wine bucket.
THEN inserting an empty bottle into the water so when you freeze it you
have a formed surround for your prosecco bottle in the block, which you
then drop into your ice bucket..... do you see where I'm going with this...?