Old 25-06-2011, 04:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Boxed pizza

Note that I am not recommending this stuff. I have had it. You don't want
it! But they still make it. I was at Winco foods today and saw the Chef
Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard of, of
boxed crust mix. I seem to remember that there was a brand called Apian Way
(sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. Not sure if they still do. But I
looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

Old 25-06-2011, 05:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

And your point is? Worthless. Dumb. ****.
Old 25-06-2011, 05:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

BillyZoom wrote:
On Jun 24, 11:54 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
Note that I am not recommending this stuff. I have had it. You don't
want it! But they still make it. I was at Winco foods today and saw
the Chef Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never
heard of, of boxed crust mix. I seem to remember that there was a
brand called Apian Way (sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. Not
sure if they still do. But I looked it up and Chef Boyardee still
makes it. Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

And your point is? Worthless. Dumb. ****.

Well... Someone said they hadn't heard of it. It was a female but I forget
who it was.

Why do you have such hostility issues? If you don't want to read what I
write, then just killfile me or don't read my posts!

Old 25-06-2011, 04:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:32:08 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

BillyZoom wrote:
On Jun 24, 11:54 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
Note that I am not recommending this stuff. I have had it. You don't
want it! But they still make it. I was at Winco foods today and saw
the Chef Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never
heard of, of boxed crust mix. I seem to remember that there was a
brand called Apian Way (sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. Not
sure if they still do. But I looked it up and Chef Boyardee still
makes it. Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

And your point is? Worthless. Dumb. ****.

Well... Someone said they hadn't heard of it. It was a female but I forget
who it was.

Bubba Zoo's slutty momma.

Why do you have such hostility issues?

The Zoo Bubba is impotent, hasn't had an orgasm for like 20 years...
anyone would becum hostile.
Old 25-06-2011, 04:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
BillyZoom wrote:
On Jun 24, 11:54 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
Note that I am not recommending this stuff. I have had it. You don't
want it! But they still make it. I was at Winco foods today and saw
the Chef Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never
heard of, of boxed crust mix. I seem to remember that there was a
brand called Apian Way (sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. Not
sure if they still do. But I looked it up and Chef Boyardee still
makes it. Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

And your point is? Worthless. Dumb. ****.

Well... Someone said they hadn't heard of it. It was a female but I
forget who it was.

Why do you have such hostility issues? If you don't want to read
what I write, then just killfile me or don't read my posts!

Better yet, you just killfile him - that's what I just did. Responding
to any troll means they've won because they don't care what you say,
they just want your attention.

As to pizza to put together at home, a fine alternative to the kind
you're mentioning is going to the local pizza place and bringing home
some or all of the ingredients. We have regularly gone to pizza places,
asked for dough and then put on our own sauce, cheese, and toppings.
Getting dough, sauce, and cheese from the local pizza place, making your
own toppings, and having kids put it together makes a great birthday
party idea, especially on a rainy day. It's really just as easy as
picking up a box pizza at the grocery store.

Another fine alternative is pita or soft tortilla pizza - use whatever
flatbread sort of thing you keep around, put whatever sort of cheese
and/or sauce and/or other toppings on it, and bake it on the oven's
highest setting for a few minutes. Pita, cheddar cheese, and jar
tomatoe sauce makes a homemade pizza.

-S-

Old 25-06-2011, 05:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

back in the day it was cheap, not much taste but it filled me up, and as i
saidin another post, i soon figured out i could buy tinned biscuts, paste
and cheese seperately for much cheaper and have same/ better of same,

Old 25-06-2011, 08:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
Note that I am not recommending this stuff. I have had it. You don't
want it! But they still make it. I was at Winco foods today and saw the
Chef Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard
of, of boxed crust mix. I seem to remember that there was a brand called
Apian Way (sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. Not sure if they
still do. But I looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. Here's a
link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

I conducted a marathon sort of pizza class for our grandchildren and
whatever hungry friends they brought. The grands had thought that the
'only' pizza was take-out and I thought it was time for them to expand.
I showed them: from scratch, from box, from grocery packaged crust and
from the dairy case crust. Their favorite was the one from the dairy case;
coming in 2nd was the boyardee crust.
Seems to me that the next time I feed those empty young folks, I'll show
them 2 or maybe 3 ways to do lasagna. Polly

Old 25-06-2011, 09:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:58:43 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I conducted a marathon sort of pizza class for our grandchildren and
whatever hungry friends they brought. The grands had thought that the
'only' pizza was take-out and I thought it was time for them to expand.
I showed them: from scratch, from box, from grocery packaged crust and
from the dairy case crust. Their favorite was the one from the dairy case;
coming in 2nd was the boyardee crust.
Seems to me that the next time I feed those empty young folks, I'll show
them 2 or maybe 3 ways to do lasagna. Polly

Lucky kids - you sound like a fun grandma!

Old 25-06-2011, 10:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

fine idea. knowing all the options allows for time money and creativity, i
would never ask for the boxed, but we have gotten it from hotel stores as an
option, because in the end its still better than some skimpy tv dinner at
three times the price.

Old 25-06-2011, 10:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 24, 9:16*pm, BillyZoom wrote:
On Jun 24, 11:54*pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:

Note that I am not recommending this stuff. *I have had it. *You don't want
it! *But they still make it. *I was at Winco foods today and saw the Chef
Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard of, of
boxed crust mix. *I seem to remember that there was a brand called Apian Way
(sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. *Not sure if they still do. *But I
looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. *Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

And your point is? Worthless. Dumb. ****.

BillyZoom...what kind of asinine moniker is that, you dumb ass.

Old 25-06-2011, 11:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:59:19 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
wrote:

On Jun 24, 9:16*pm, BillyZoom wrote:
On Jun 24, 11:54*pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:

Note that I am not recommending this stuff. *I have had it. *You don't want
it! *But they still make it. *I was at Winco foods today and saw the Chef
Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard of, of
boxed crust mix. *I seem to remember that there was a brand called Apian Way
(sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. *Not sure if they still do. *But I
looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. *Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

And your point is? Worthless. Dumb. ****.

BillyZoom...what kind of asinine moniker is that, you dumb ass.

Means he's got a 30 second fuse.
Old 26-06-2011, 12:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-06-25, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Jun 24, 9:16*pm, BillyZoom wrote:

And your point is? Worthless. Dumb. ****.

Means he's got a 30 second fuse.

.....and a way with words.

nb
Old 26-06-2011, 05:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 24, 8:54*pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
Note that I am not recommending this stuff. *I have had it. *You don't want
it! *But they still make it. *I was at Winco foods today and saw the Chef
Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard of, of
boxed crust mix. *I seem to remember that there was a brand called Apian Way
(sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. *Not sure if they still do. *But I
looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. *Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

Julie, thanks for posting this! Just the other night DH and I were
talking about retro food and the subject of boxed pizza mixes came up.
We hadn't seen them in years and wondered if they even still exist.
Both of us remember our stay-at-home moms making those Chef Boyardee
pizzas in the 1950's. This was before takeout pizza places were as
common (and affordable) as they are now. Boxed pizza mixes were
terrible, but we didn't know any better in those days.
Old 26-06-2011, 05:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 24, 10:54*pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
Note that I am not recommending this stuff. *I have had it. *You don't want
it! *But they still make it. *I was at Winco foods today and saw the Chef
Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard of, of
boxed crust mix. *I seem to remember that there was a brand called Apian Way
(sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. *Not sure if they still do. *But I
looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. *Here's a link:

http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

My God that stuff was awful. It was fun to help my mother make when I
was a kid, but it was never very fun to eat. The crust turned out
worse than any of the cardboardy frozen pizzas, and while those are
more or less crappy, they *are* fast and easy. This evening I was
busy painting the living room, and my son was happy with a frozen
Jack's pizza that cost $3.
The DiGiorno pizzas are pretty decent, especially the thin crust
type. While I'd prefer a NY style, fresh, yeasty, fairly thin but
with big ol' bubbles in the high gluten crust, I've never found a
frozen pizza with that crust. The thin crust pizzas here in St. Louis
tend to be made with slimy process cheese (Provel), and are far worse
than the better frozen thin crusts.

--Bryan
Old 26-06-2011, 06:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Storrmmee wrote:
back in the day it was cheap, not much taste but it filled me up, and
as i saidin another post, i soon figured out i could buy tinned
biscuts, paste and cheese seperately for much cheaper and have same/
better of same,

I never liked those canned biscuits but they were cheap! I can remember
getting them for 10 cents a can. Not sure how much they are these days.

I used to use frozen roll dough for quick mini pizzas. Or I would make a
biscuit dough crust (but only for taco pizza) or quicker still, English
muffins.

Boxed Cake Mix Better Than From Scratch ??? Mark Thorson General Cooking 58 04-04-2011 08:28 AM
Boxed Cake Mix Better Than From Scratch ??? Julie Bove[_2_] Baking 1 22-03-2011 10:36 PM
substitute for a boxed mix component... [email protected] Baking 2 18-09-2006 08:07 AM
Decent Boxed Wines?? Steve B. Wine 14 07-02-2004 09:13 AM
Boxed wines redux D. Gerasimatos Wine 6 02-10-2003 02:50 PM